His language doesn't have a word for "please"

>his language doesn't have a word for "please"

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 490K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YSFvMboyj9A
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And what language would that be?

Norwegian and Korean, just off the top of my head.

>speaks only one language

Attached: 1550438606120s.jpg (250x223, 10K)

vær venlig/söd

there's 제발 in my language which exactly means please

most indic languages because poos are rude af

As I understand it, 제발 is only used in extreme situations, like if you're begging someone not to kill you.

Only amerimutts can be this stupid

They’re the type of people who believe the inuit have 1000 words for snow tb.h

"vær så snill"

>his language calls mandarynka / mandarin a "tangerine"

I've also heard "satsuma"

Palun, I shall please, sounds like outta Saxony, yeah you Teutonic Order. youtube.com/watch?v=YSFvMboyj9A

"var god"
"snälla"

now that i think of it, finnish doesn't have "please".

Attached: af2.png (741x568, 29K)

That's pretty weird

Finnish too

Attached: a3Ma6QVj_700w_0.jpg (700x683, 84K)

same here in Lithuania, we use Polish loandword for it.

really?
what is it
im interested

prašau.
How do you say it in Polish?
I am not 100 procent sure it is Polish loanword.

proszę

yeah, I thought so, I am not sure or is it more original in Lithuanian or Polish.
But I think it is more Polish because it is not very convenient to use it in talking manner with Lithuanian language.

>prašau
That seems like how you could write the colloquial form of vprašal (verb "to ask" in some male cases)

It's because we hate beggars

Attached: 1434347390568.gif (257x210, 1.9M)

yeah, it is more accurate straight meaning, but it has many forms and uses.
Is it in russian - vprašal?

I don't know what it is in Russian

That means "be so kind", which is slightly different than "please". And besides, it's 3 words, not 1.

In russian will be "proshu" (I ask you to do or to give smth), but we use word "pozhaluysta" to say "please". "Pozhaluysta" comes from "zhalovat"= "to make gift/to favor smbd"

lol ur stupid.

oh Slovenian, seems proto Baltic-Slav aren't that far away as it might seem, the problem with Slav languages that I get, for me to understand them, is pronunciation.

I'd rather sound formal than sounding like a beggar

Attached: 1527689734547.jpg (604x604, 37K)

>zhalovat
Žalovati is to mourn in Slovene

Well it's the same for me. I don't understand a single word in Polish

seems legit, it seems that different writing systems has distorted once one language.
zhalovat in Lithuanian dovanok.

Dont most languages use multiple words for "please" instead of a single one in english ? French is "s'il te plaît"/"s'il vous plaît"

good night people, all the best.
Labanakt.

Alpha as fuck.

>Žalovati is to mourn in Slovene
Lol I love every Slav lang for this strange feel of similarity and difference at the same time. It is always interesting how words in different languages got their writing and meaning and how common protolanguage (if it ever existed) mutated into different languages

No shit different languages don't have the exact word with the exact same senses and uses to it.

at least we have "saudade"

Please is just a shortened 'if you please' or some other such as 'if it would please you'. Those are thought to be pretty stiff and formal though, not nearly as impactful and sincere as just 'please' when used with emotion and accompanying words. An unshortened form might even sound snarky or disrespectfully apathetic (given you are asking something of someone), depending on context, shortened form has a more fluid and unassuming meaning. It did displace a native English word when it arrived from Old French, so perhaps the meaning/use of that dead word has something to do with it, they seem to be about equivalent though so maybe not.