American in Europe

I’m going to be going to Europe in 3 weeks, and I’ll be staying there for at least 2 weeks, depending on how well I manage my limited money.

I will be flying into London, and intend to see a few things in the city before I leave, mainly the British museum, then I will leave London, hopefully see some of real England, then head across the channel to France, where I don’t intend to stay long, I want to be there for the riots, see a few sights, then be on my way. There is a band I like touring in Germany, and that’s where I want to go after France, maybe I’ll stop in Amsterdam as well, because my brother loved that city when he was there.

So what are some places along this path that I simply don’t know about as a tourist, where are places in your country that you would say I should definitely see. I am a 22 year old white man and I’ll be traveling alone, I like history, let me know. This is really only for Western Europe. Maybe a bit of Scandinavia if I have time.

Also, any other travelers use this thread to ask locals about things.

(Pic unrelated)

Attached: FA50D10E-205B-40E7-A7F2-087CB5295544.jpg (475x1024, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

couchsurfing.com/,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Visby
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>london
>france
>germany
wow, what a normie

also Visby

Attached: visby.jpg (3008x2000, 888K)

>then I will leave London, hopefully see some of real England, then head across the channel to France
if you're going to leave london and head straight for france the only other part of england you're going to be in is kent. in that case you should probably visit cantebury, maybe leeds castle as well

Cool story

But who gives a shit?

GO TO EDINBURGH OR YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Attached: 6A37B213-66B6-4C9C-B8DF-0B5C75224837.jpg (1280x859, 1.05M)

2bh, you should go to eastern europe, like Prague, Budapest, Sofia, Warszawa and Bukarest

didnt read but visit eastern or northern finland

>please tell me where to go my wh*te american male brain can’t process information

Fact - picrelated is considered cute and beautiful girl in England, while in the continental Europe she is at best 6/10. Which shows us that the meme about british girls being ugly is actually true.

Alright skipping France.

I will travel around England for a few days, I meant I will leave London, then see real England, then go to France.

Thanks, I’ll check it out. I’ve still got 3 weeks to plan. What are some things to do in Edinburgh?

I speak a bit of German and French, I don’t want to go somewhere where I can’t speak to locals very much, I went to Korea a few years back and it was a huge pain. Plus those three countries have a lot of history that I’d love to see in person.

Brexit muffin is a 10/10 anywhere fuck you ;_;

>Plus those three countries have a lot of history that I’d love to see in person.
V I S B Y

Attached: 1549395118627.png (1920x1080, 202K)

They speak English there... The only place within the EU where they can't hold a conversation in English, is eastern Germany

It’s the winter time, wouldn’t Finland be a frozen hellscape? I would love to go snowboarding while I’m there, do you have any good mountains?

>finland
>mountains

Attached: 1519725710617.jpg (600x600, 59K)

Of never heard of it before today, but looking I to it it looks fucking awesome. I’ll definitely be making the trip up there. Thing is, I’ve only got about $1200 to spend, and a lot of that is going to be food and accommodations.

It would be cheaper out there, maybe I could do Eastern Europe instead. What about Eastern Europe, other than the general expense, do you think makes it the better trip? I don’t know much about that area.

>$1200
Oh shiet that's not a lot. I don't know about Scandinavia at all then.

Depends on what you're most interested in, nightlife/nature/history/cuisine etc..

History>Cuisine>nature>nature, I live in the western US, I get plenty of nature.

I will be bringing a high quality sleeping bag and a little tiny tent, so I can sleep for free fairly often, though I’ll want a place to store my shit so I don’t have to carry it all over the place. I’m also going to be using tinder to see if I can find places to sleep, I’m fairly good looking, otherwise I’ll be sleeping in the cheapest hostels i can find. For food I think I’m going to mostly be cooking myself breakfast if I eat breakfast at all, lunches will probably be the same, for dinners I would want to get some good as local food fairly often.

Berlin has the best history and nightlife but their cuisine is shit tier, its probably still gonna be your best bet. Theres an entire island full of museums not far from the city center

Oh alright. You're allowed to set up a tent wherever you want here as long as you keep a distance from houses, but I think you'll have a hard time finding places to set up a tent in big cities.
If you decide to visit Visby, take the plane to Stockholm Arlanda, metro to Nynäshamn and then boat to Visby.

I’m going to be seeing a band I like from Germany while I’m there, I’ll see if they’re playing in Berlin. I’m thinking I’ll stay in each location for like 2-3 days or so, that way I can see a lot, but not be in a crazy hurry. Where would you suggest I go for some good German food?

>Where would you suggest I go for some good German food?
The south for sure, Munich/Nürnberg/Stuttgart all have good good cuisine while not being too far behind Berlin in the other areas; the north has good seafood but theres not much to see apart from Hamburg. If you go in the 2nd week of March I would check out carnival in Cologne aswell

Awesome, thanks man, you’re giving me a ton of good info. You and that Swede. I’m getting more excited. Have you traveled a lot? Obviously at nights I can just go to bars or clubs and do whatever, but during the days I need to fill my time up as much as possible, when I went to Korea, during the days I’d spend a lot of time just sitting around or walking around the city, and I don’t want to do that for this trip.

italy and germany, aren't ryanair is stupidly cheap? 3 weeks is good enough for 3-4 countries.

Yeah I was planning on traveling with Ryanair or trains, whichever was cheaper. Italy would definitely be cool for the ancient history. I’m a little worried about time though, I don’t want to spread myself so thin that I don’t get to enjoy everything. Though I may skip France and do Italy instead. The main reason I wanted to go to France was food, and some WW1 and 2 history, but Italy has Rome, and Italian food is world famous.

what do you mean by real england

>cantebury
MENTIONED
visit the cathedral it's on the way from london to france anyway

Attached: 1521562736049.png (1100x732, 2.02M)

please translate

Any /Yorkshireman/ in the building?

Well London I hear is much like New York in that it isn’t representative of the country at large. It’s a cosmopolitan city, not really “English” anymore, so I’d like to see some of the rest of England, just like I’m sure someone wanting to see America wouldn’t just want to see New York.

Its not funny when its not in danish.
>Come and cozy/hang out with us
>We have Kim's chips and red-sausage

Attached: korv-552x210.jpg (552x210, 25K)

yes lad

Attached: 1524495279252.jpg (1778x1184, 632K)

What part of Pengshire you from?

>going to Britain that close to Brexit
>thinking 2 weeks is enough to see anything of value from England, France, Netherlands and Germany

Wow, wonderful addition.

It's true. Imagine someone saying how they plan to visit the USA for 2 weeks. What the fuck are they even going to see in that small a time. If your main plan is to just boast about "going to Europe" you might as well pass through Spain, Italy and Switzerland for more Facebook points.

Why are you making so many assumptions about me? If someone wanted to come to the US for 2 weeks, I’d suggest seeing Arizona if you like nature, the east is good for American history, if you’re into that for whatever reason, 2 weeks is plenty of time to see New York, Boston, DC, then spend some time in Florida for the beaches.

I am poor, I can not travel for longer than 2 weeks. I am making a plan to make the most of those 2 weeks, why are you so bitter?

Anyone itt ever been backpacking? Where can I store my sleeping bag/tent when I’m out and about? Are there lockers or anything like that I can rent?

Edinburgh Castle
Edinburgh Old Town
Royal Yacht Britannia
Arthur’s Seat
National Museum of Scotland (free entry)
Royal Mile
The Scotch Whisky Experience
Edinburgh Dungeons
There’s other really good stuff too some better than what I listed but I can’t be bothered typing anymore. You should definitely go though. Stay at The Caledonian if you can.

if you have a trouble looking for place to stay, there's an app called couchsurfing couchsurfing.com/, you can stay with a local than living in a tent. It's a hit or miss somehow or look for companion of facebook group travel who have the same route like yours.

For a transport there's a transport pass week cost like 25 euro in rome is like all in one metro, bus and tram (i don't remember much here i'm sure it's 25)

Don't come to Europe. It's an absolute SHIT HOLE. Run away from here, as far and as fast as you can. RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

That does sound a lot better than a tent, especially considering I wouldn’t have to carry a bulky sleeping bag everywhere i go. How reliable is that? The more I think about it, the more I want to go to Italy rather than France. I figured, France is kind of on the way to Germany from England, but if I’m flying with Ryanair that doesn’t really matter as much, right?

>why are you so bitter?
I'm from a Balkan shithole.

Fair enough. Carry on.

whoever made this is a mong

danes were in the north, not the south; hence the harrying of the north

Danes are south in this context.

makes no sense

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Visby
it makes all the sense

>swedish shit
nvm thought it was about real history

Gotland had nothing to do with sweden at that time.

>wouldn’t Finland be a frozen hellscape?
nope. Snow is melting away at the moment
>do you have any good mountains?
we dont have mountains at all
shut the fuck up faggot gtfo

seething