What is the intrinsic value of an acre of land in the desert in the middle of nowhere?

What is the intrinsic value of an acre of land in the desert in the middle of nowhere?

Attached: land.jpg (1600x1200, 360K)

Does it have access? Utilities ? Mineral Rights? Accessible water table? Market externalities (illegal immigrants like in west texas)? Access to wild game ? Shared borders with government land?

There is no intrinsic value without having these answers.

Depends on the resources that land contains. If it doesn't have any resources the intrinsic value is almost zero dollars.

Perhaps once solar energy becomes more efficient and easier to store, empty acres of land that are relatively close to major cities will go up in value.

So it might be a good investment to scope out potential areas for solar and wind farms that are cheap and close to major cities. Buy them and sell them later when their value increases.

The reason proximity is important is because the further you transport electricity the more of it you lose so its economical to produce electricity close to where it is used.

Suppose for the sake of argument that it has access via dirt road/two track, and accessible water table, but no utilities. There is probably wild game and it borders BLM

Let's assume for the sake of argument that there is nothing but the land itself

Land is finite and the USA won't stop developing until there are 3 billion people in this country. See: China or India

Alright, so I'm going to go ahead and assume your land is probably in Nevada / Arizona / Utah Wyoming since you said BLM. Understand that my experience is entirely limited to the Southeast, although I've spent a good amount of time traveling and hunting the western united states.

You're generally going to want to look at local comparables with "recreational" property to find a general idea on your fair market value per acre. The easiest thing I can tell you to do is search zillow or other databases / county tax records for completed sales / valuations and do an average cost per acre that way.

That will really give you the best chance at figuring out a fair market value (compared to other non-improved recreational properties).

Wells in my area of the world can cost anywhere from 10k to 50k to bore. So understand that if you do not have that already on the property (let alone electric) you will have to severely discount the property.

You'll probably come out to around $750-1100 an acre for unimproved recreational land but DYOR.

Thanks. 750-1100 seems really high, but (you guessed it) it's in Nevada. So I think they tend to go for less.

if you buy some shit stack land in middle of nowhere Nevada, I hope you get mineral rights, otherwise you should look elsewhere

What is the likelihood of there being any minerals on a 40 acre plot of flat land?

Up near Elko or down south? If you're up near the Ruby Mountains there is some world class hunting up there. In addition, patented mining claims are higher $/acre. However, your land is going to be much cheaper.

You need to see if you are in any alluvial fans, but most likely if its flat valley land in the high desert you aren't going to have any placer (let alone lode) deposits.

Eureka county. If I'm being honest, what I'm looking for is the highest altitude land where it is possible to get water. The goal is to set up a solar powered monero farm.

likely enough that if there are any, they shouldnt have any problem giving you mineral rights

also, not sure why you're buying in Nevada. there's more fertile land in Colorado

USA won't stop at 3b. You can fit 7 billion people in just Texas and have a smaller population density than New York City.

Don't. Just don't. Your ROI is too long and you will be extremely underwater ( and remain so).

You'd be better served locating the cheapest $ kw/h electricity in the USA and then renting a space in an industrial property in that location (to get access to industrial rates) and then doing that for a while. If you have access to capital, I would recommend buying a small industrial property, building out your mining farm area, and then renting out the remaining space.

Full disclosure: I have access to $.026 / kwh winter rates where I currently live (spikes to .07 in the summer for an average of just over $.04 / kwh yearly) and I am trying to do just this.

Lots of land speculation and silly rules/codes/taxes. I am open to suggestions though

Kentucky, Tennessee, or Colorado

KY and TN are probably better, less snow

I can reach ROI in 2-3 years, or possibly sooner if I get lucky on the price of coins increasing

A secondary goal is to live off the grid

This is a good suggestion though

Where are you getting those rates?

Going rate for shit land in the middle of the desert is anywhere from $1000 to $5000 per acre depending on where it is and what's on it. Intrinsic value would depend on if it has access to minerals, water, scenic views for home building, etc.

If you want to live off grid, go for it. I'd recommend looking into those new FPGA miners (modded xilinx) to reduce your power draw drastically).

>Where are you getting those rates?

That, I can't tell you.

Attached: 1529636955113.jpg (564x564, 37K)

>FPGA miner
3600, fug, is anyone even mining with these yet?

The group buy was several months back. I missed it too. I think they may have all just gone online recently.

Thanks. The cryptocurrency mining is actually a means to get some cash flow moving and better utilize the solar energy resource in places with no grid. I have an idea of where you are, of course I would go there if my only goal was to profit from mining.

If all the equipment lasts for 10 years, the off grid solar energy works out to $0.015 per kwh or so

believe it or not, nothing

Absolutely nothing.