/smg/ Stock market general

>Keynes is a waste of time
Edition
Popular brokers for stock trading:

Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx
money.cnn.com/data/premarket/
cnbc.com/pre-markets/

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Good books:
The Intelligent Investor; Benjamin Graham
Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits; Philip Fisher

CNBC Live:
livenewson.com/american/cnbc-america.html
Fox Business Live:
livenewson.com/business/fox-business-network-fbn.html
Bloomberg Live:
livenewson.com/american/bloomberg-television-business.html

Basic rundown on options:
youtube.com/watch?v=TBAQtjyqNHw
youtube.com/watch?v=SuTTzfa4ePE

Previous thread:

Attached: John-Maynard-Keynes-Quotes-2.jpg (553x300, 102K)

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPP

what the fuck bitch I was about to have an argument

Attached: door.png (485x440, 161K)

Don't insult John "das it mayne"ard Keynes

anime is gay

I get 2d mouth pussy every night

Nigger we can have one here. You got a whole thread and all night to shit it up
He's a gay homo faggot who is also gay

i'm not shitting up no thread tonight!!

but i will shit it up in the morning.

Attached: 15030702709820.jpg (640x633, 41K)

eh... Its time for rest

What’s the meme this week I need to get rich

Good morning /smg/

I heard some of the texans here 2re in the flipping house business. How hard would it be to fix an industrial revolution factory+housing complex and turn it into an hostel ?

Attached: 15312023275681242064934.jpg (2048x1152, 1009K)

What's the ticker on this, sounds like a weird stock

Attached: 1523700097865.jpg (329x399, 20K)

I like you guys

Good morning pals
Better have something for breakfast while checking futures for yuropoors!

Already at work, I'm all green this morning.

>Turning a factory into a hostel
Sounds pretty hard.

It's not the plant itself, factories used to have large dormitories for the workers

Attached: bourgoin.png (640x425, 522K)

How could I start investing with a small amount of money and no loans? I'm not looking to get rich quick, just to start small and get the ball rolling over time. Ive researched a bit but I'm looking for people with prior experience and wondering what they know.

Dunno why I replied to you

A hostel? You mean for backpackers and stuff?
Seems like overkill to me, what's the plumbing situation like? What is your estimated turn over and length of stay of guests? I haven't been to many hostels but usually they have large communal rec-areas.
Now artist studios, office space... yeah I could see it. A jewellery maker might want smallish space with a window to park all their equipment and a desk. No rec area, just boxes, lick of paint, maybe install some air con if you wanna go up market. No need for a kitchen or anything.
Or maybe I'm talking through my ass, I've never flipped property.

Put a little bit into VOO every month

>A hostel? You mean for backpackers and stuff?
Yeah, maybe with a spa and activities.
So far I'm wondering if flipping a building like this is feasible. I'm pretty sure the plumbing will have to be changed entierely. It's 30 minutes away from a 3 mil city.

VOO?

>Yeah, maybe with a spa and activities.
I figure to justify the expense you'd need to go upmarket if you do it as a hotel sorta deal, which again is a whole other thing - because not only do you need to think about the costs of renovation and stuff now you need to run that as a viable business rather than just selling it on.

When you say 30 minutes out of the city, do you mean downtown or outskirts. Either way sounds like you should look into a hotel kind of situation - which is a whole complexity in itself because now not only do you need to renovate you need to establish a business and run it.
If it was right in the city you could have done a barebones hostel by just renovating or building a communal bathroom maybe small rec area with sofas near reception. But as I understand it, most people who go backpacking or holidaying on the thrift want to be central - central to public transport, central to the 'sites' of the city, central to working opportunities.

30 minutes away from the center by train, 45 minutes by car, roughly. So far I'm really pondering about the costs to renovate such a building and turn it habitable, either for businesses, housing or hotel.

What do you guys use to buy OTC?

so was yesterdays greenday a trap? correction to continue today? or has the Golden Bull returned?

Attached: just-press-alt-and-f4-grandad-gettyimages-sdominick-funny-stuff-kid-wanna-know-what-happened-to-wise (640x784, 42K)

Is he retarded ? European countries get low prices because governments negociate purchases in bulk for public healthcare.

Attached: trump.png (586x146, 19K)

people still ask this? there's always layers to his shitposts.
china responded to his trade war shitposting by lowering tarrifs on cars

Everytime he acts retarded he actually got things done

Also, nobody cares about yurop
Enjoy your mudslimes and nigger refugees

He sure cares a lot about it, ranting about trade deficit and shit.

GREEN OR RED DAY?
Ive been playing spxl for the past few days not holding. I held that shit for couple months and missed lots of opportunity.

It's an Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) that tracks the S&P500.

Today, I forecast the market to be...
>gay

Expect to lose A LOT of fucking money, faget.

Attached: 96734b2dc4ad4d71ddac86af32b2b1ee.png (800x945, 490K)

shiyiiiiit

Attached: keynes on eugenics.jpg (850x400, 77K)

Yesss... Yesss... Yesss... das rite.
TVIX to 5k by EOD.
New paradigm of bear faggotry by Friday.
All-out race war by Monday.
New stone age or nuclear holocaust by end of July.

Attached: genius.png (90x78, 16K)

More green dildoes to fug my shorts

go long sega they are moving into the food space and will dominate this new sector

Attached: 5l2ld9veuy811.jpg (1080x1608, 598K)

headlines i never expected to see in my lifetime for $500 Alex

Attached: 1526578220713.gif (400x303, 1.98M)

$IQ will tank today, sell at open.

Why tho

300+ today tbqh

>correction to continue today?
Bro what graph are you looking at

Good morning /smg/, how was your night? I went to the driving range then went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner. TLT and SLV went the wrong way in AH, LCI seemed to have great 14+ performance, let's see if that can continue.

Attached: _20180705_074231.jpg (460x370, 51K)

more green

First for increasing my portfolio by at least 10% today while tripfags and faggot faceposters cry.

Coat hanger supposed to go on the pussy not the other way around

>2791
Lets go boys

Just back from my lunch break run, currently eating lunch.

Nice, hope your lunch is tasty

Interesting, TSLA gigafactory in China doesn't need a 51%+ Joint venture. The CHinese are waiving that requirement on all new EV makers in the country. Will be 100% Tsla owned and not have to pay import tariffs.

Plan 4 2 day
Cant fudging belief 280 bag holders getting an out
Bear selling lost so much money enough to fuel 282

278.2 - assume fetal position
278.5 - start crying
279.3 -eternal trader nap

Attached: 20180710_072321.jpg (1378x2382, 537K)

>keynes
i hate this fucking nigger

I thought Ameritrade was a scam desu

Ameritrade is an amazing broker that seeks to educate people about the many ways to invest and help their customers invest wisely; they're very nice as a learning platform. but the 7-9 dollar trades are outrageous.
I remember as a 17 year old high schooler; I called TD and they made me a deal for 50 free trades as long as I deposited 200 bucks. Good deal, good platform.

But robinhood's free, so lol

Attached: 5b2.png (460x215, 207K)

i think SLV may pop in the morning.
may take this time to take what i can get and roll out into a new longer term bullish biased straddle

im running out of time on these short contracts

A big ass salad with a lot of meat, peppers, cheese and cabbage, vinaigrette, a small baguette, plus two fruits. Pretty okay for a 3€ lunch.

Never used robinhood before. Is it good?

Agreed, I heard people were jumping out of bonds too, so hopefully TLT isn't going to be a faggot today

no but its free commissions
its charts are beyond useless tho, so you need something else for that. most of its fundamental stats are also just plain wrong

im seeing a weak as PM for TLT rn
its up .02%
not really what id call a gap up
VIX is down a little too, cant see why anyone would rush to buy bonds rn

When is the crash? The market can't just keep up can it?

Exclusively sold in India.

The streets will run blue from the poo in da loo.

with VIX at 12?
sure it can. it can go up a half a % every day if VIX stays like this

And.......................
Fuck I live in Australia.

started using Acorns for shits and giggles this year and have about 700 bucks without about $7 in gains after fees, etc. should i move it to Robinhood?

I'm a LONG and have most my money in mutual funds, dividend stocks, roth IRA and my work 401k, but every paycheck i'm willing to put in about $100 into a robinhood account to play around with. is it really free trading?

How you feeling about the housing market?
Does everybody know that shit's up?

Yup. No commissions.
I started with about 500 bucks. I'm now at $28,000 and still happy with it.
They also integrate super well with TurboTax.

Acorns charges you like 2 dollars a month for doing absolutely nothing doesn’t it?

"The best way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the milestones of taxation and inflation"

-Karl Marx

wtf I love yeast now (again)

You make like 2 posts per thread but contribute more than 90% of retards here.

$1 per month. it is basically an auto-saver. it pulls extra cents off your purchases and adds them to your account and invests it.

That would be cool and all if I didn't already do that religiously on my own (saving, not counting change)

I'll switch over to robinhood and dabble with their platform

Spoiler alert: VIX ain't gonna stay like this

Its LITTERALLY free
But they Bog

Order not fill here...
Their price .5% lower than market there...
Misclick market buy for 5% over value

Attached: 1465049759158959427.jpg (600x900, 79K)

I know my parents have two investment properties (renting them out to well-mannered chinks who keep it tidy) but other that not much.

Is it just another housing bubble caused by the influx of chink immigrants? Or should I consider?

>"huge faggots say gay things repeatedly, and smaller, less important faggots that came after them tend to repeat them"
-t. me

yea i dont think it will either
but if its dow at 12, the only thing thats hapening is gradual up escalator ride

>Misclick market buy for 5% over value
n-no, not like this

hey /smg/, look at ANIP, the ANI Pharmaceuticals - right now it is ready to break out as a continuation from a 3 year ascending triangle, daily close at OR above $76 will be the confirmation of this breakout. Buffett-sama memesters will be pleased that ANIP has great fundamentals this season.
soo wait for a good reaction on $76 and then buy buy buy ANIP!

Attached: IMG_20180710_150301.jpg (757x335, 10K)

280 today

Attached: 060.png (877x565, 244K)

>Is it just another housing bubble caused by the influx of chink immigrants? Or should I consider?
from what we can tell over thats it pretty much.
chinese new money is over at your place as no one wants to buy real estate in china because they have their own bubble, and china a shit

the problem is that the size of your housing market is several multitudes larger than your GDP. watch the credit default swap market. if you see that getting really ugly, its past time for your folks to sell their investment properties.

You mean NFLX, right?

unironically follow this one

Attached: 8ae6bfbd3cdfc3c588d030ac12d06403.jpg (736x1104, 125K)

You mean brothel not hostel right?

You should be rarely if ever use Market orders anyways.

>oil going up again
REEEEEEE

Attached: 1526481843266.jpg (350x350, 24K)

Wouldn't I have """""guaranteed"""""" profit if I buy 1-2 day calls for SPY right before close and sell them after open? Almost all of the increase in SPY comes through during the aftermarket so if I did this everyday for a year, wit a sample size of 365, wouldn't I be statistically more likely to have a net profit because your calls will gain rather than lose more often?

Sample size would be smaller obv since Sat/Sun.

Pre-market, none my stocks are moving. They're all a flat line.

Interesting...

A NIP? WHY WOULD I WANT TO LOOK AT A NIP???

Attached: 1453575485736.png (898x692, 761K)

DCIX for a quick pop today if you're looking to make an easy 5-10%.

This is probably an efficient strategy for a 2nd quarter earnings play. Most analysts believe Q2 is going to smash expectations as tax cuts ramped eveything up and tariffs have yet to put the balls in the vice so to speak.

5mins to go.
I've been slowly adding more AMC calls.
Lets see if I'm right.
I think URBN might blow up soon too just like NKE did.

I actually meant hotel.

The funniest thing is that letism kills social mobility too.

>PEP 110

>DCIX
Not really seeing a lot of forward momentum here...

Attached: Untitled1.gif (632x511, 16K)

10 seconds; we're on.

Everything on my watchlist is super low volume wtf

I wonder if TSLA being allowed to own it 100% instead of need a JV will be a positive catalyst when news of it spreads. It's only been widely reported in chinese news but zero english articles mention this.