When are these countries going to surpass Southern Europe in terms of development and wealth?

When are these countries going to surpass Southern Europe in terms of development and wealth?

Attached: eastern_europe.png (4592x3196, 1.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amp.ft.com/content/8583b916-6014-11e8-9334-2218e7146b04
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-29/eu-regional-aid-for-east-europe-to-shrink-in-post-brexit-budget
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

soon

never

1 year
amp.ft.com/content/8583b916-6014-11e8-9334-2218e7146b04

Why not?
Paywall

Never, because we're all stuck in the middle income trap. Basically, we're not innovative enough to create and export our own stuff so we're dependent on foreign investments that will come here only if our wages are low enough. Meanwhile, even Spain and Italy have a lot of big, renowned brands that export their products all over the world. Only Greece is within our reach and it has been already surpassed by some Eastern European countries.

So we're pretty much like Mexico, you should know this feel. Unless we change our approach to economy and switch to the export-oriented, innovative way of management, like South Korea did, we will stay "middle income" for ever.

Already there

Spain and Italy almost impossible, too strong.
Greece RIP.
Portugal already got surpassed by a bunch of them (Slovenia, Estonia, Czech Republic, Poland etc) should get surpassed by a couple more in the next 5/10 years.

here you go
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-29/eu-regional-aid-for-east-europe-to-shrink-in-post-brexit-budget

They probably already have.

Attached: 1551224854546.png (1573x568, 89K)

Why did this obvious bait get so many replies? Are German really that insecure so they argue with a Polish troll?

Build your own companies

the post has more Polish than German replies
I find him amusing tbqh

If it was so easy, everyone would do it.

We lack capital, both money and human skills. Also we can't impose strict protectionism that helped South Korea to create its own cheabols because we have to abide by EU anti-monopoly laws.

Zara was buit by a low-middle class man from scratch and it grew inside the EU

Come on, man, it was pretty funny
No need to be stingy

>Build your own companies
The second something successful comes out of these countries some westener company will buy it, take the patents, transfer leadership, then transfer manufacturing to some 3rd world country, and eventually cannibalize the shell of the company.

Croatia has the lowest GDP growth in EU

the OP said South Europe, not Western Europe. South Europe is more or less the same colonies of underlings of actual White People. They are wogs and we are gyps.
So probably 10-20 years. Estonia, Czechia and Slovenia are probably already better than Greece and Estonia is surpassing Poortugal.

Greece and Portugal could be surpassed by Czech, Slovenia Poland and Estonia. Italy and Spain will never be reached. Rest of these countries are doomed

But Spain was part of the west when it was rebuilding itself after the war so you were included in its economy from the beginning, unlike Poland that joined the global economy just in 1990 when all niches were already occupied by extremely rich western companies and we had nothing.

Btw, we can always argue why Spain has only X big brands while other countries have more of them. Zara was lucky, our firms aren't that lucky. We have a bunch of growing clothing companies though, just they're still small as compared to Zara.

Because it started from a high level, Yugoslavia was another world comparing to Warsaw Pact countries.

>the OP said South Europe, not Western Europe. South Europe is more or less the same colonies of underlings of actual White People

Not entirely, I stated explicitly we could surpass Greece, but Spain and Italy are more like western countries than stereotypical southern ones, they have developed economies with big global brands.

Slovenia is already ahead of Italy, Spain and Greece like 10 years ago

Attached: mountainjews.png (559x957, 77K)

>hdi

They have 30k nominal gdp now, about as much as italy

the only thing HDI is useful for is shitposting on Jow Forums

HDI isn't exactly all about "development and wealth". Still an average Italian or Spaniard can afford more than an average Slovene.

Go to an average street in Slovenia. looks straight out of Germany. Go to an average street in italy. Looks like a med shithole

>my meme index has been called out, i'll reply with my Jow Forums memes

>Slovenia is good because it looks like a third world tier company

>The second something successful comes out of these countries some westener company will buy it, take the patents, transfer leadership, then transfer manufacturing to some 3rd world country, and eventually cannibalize the shell of the company.
This. The few hi-tech companies that are created here are either bought up by westerners who will maybe keep one regional HQ here or they just move to London or the US (grabcad, transferwise) because we can´t compete with the business environment there no matter how low our taxes are. There is no way to flee the middle-income trap if you have to play by the free market rules. Car manufacturers are a good example. I don´t know of any large manufacturer that isn´t/ wasn´t subsidised or heavily supported by the government.

>believing in meme averages
all that matters is your countries currency, any other metric is missing the forest for the trees

Attached: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwddddddddd.png (561x799, 54K)

>I don´t know of any large manufacturer that isn´t/ wasn´t subsidised or heavily supported by the government.
Ok then try to do this

We already got fined by the EU because we put money into our national airlines. We aren´t Germany or France, we can´t just tell the EU to go fuck themselves.

>because we put money into our national airlines.

Frankly speaking, Estonia is the last country that should maintain such big state-owned corporations that can't be innovative. It's not your niche, you should focus on innovative IT stuff, something you're good at and that needs little capital to take off. You're too small to sustain national airlines, you will never be competitive enough to offer airline services abroad, because your range of activity is too small. For the same reason you shouldn't try to build a national car factory, national weapon manufacturer, national steel mills etc

Croatia is the med country getting surpassed by all other east european counts

The main purpose for our national airlines isn´t to make money but to create frequent flight-connections between Tallinn, Tartu and important cities like Frankfurt, Berlin, London, and Brussels. We are basically subsidizing air travel. There has been a lot of quarreling on the issue, but on the same day our last national carrier was liquidated, a new one was created :D

Our national airline went fucked since it got "friendly" merged-ally with British Airways, and now because of Brexit the EU is telling Iberia and the Government to free itself from this "alliance" and remove British from the shareholding premises.

It's funny how sometimes the EU can be more interventionist than anyone. Well, maybe we can refloat Iberia now after 20 years of anglo scavenging...

Btw, the Dutch just did something similar yesterday with KLM (only that their alliance is with Air France). Nobody in Brussels said anything about muh public capital in prívate companies

>(Slovenia, Estonia, Czech Republic, Poland etc)
What is the view of these countries in Portugal?

>but to create frequent flight-connections between Tallinn, Tartu

What's the point? Getting to the airport, check-ins, check-outs, getting on the plane and then transport from the airport to the city will probably make as much time as car/train/bus travel from Tallinn to Tartu, they're less than 200 km from each other, that's less than 2 hours by car and could be much faster on a fast train (160 km/h+).

Averages that are being kept down by the absolute state of southern Italy

Sorry. I didn´t mean a connection between Tallinn and Tartu. I meant flights from Tallinn or Tartu to other cities.

I can't see into the future so i can't answer your question. For all we know the EU will become a federation in the next 10 years and we'll all be a part of the USE.

Ok, I get it now.

Never

When Southern Europe collapses. Italy is sort of underway.

To be honest there is no difference between a country with GDP per capita $20 000 and the one with $40 000. The salaries are slightly higher, but that's mitigated by the higher costs of living. This whole "Work yourself to death in order to earn more" thing should be left only to Jews and Protestants who are pathologically obsessed with money and social status at the expense of other things. Greece is a more liveable place than Germany despite being two times poorer.

There is. With local goods, the lower wages are compensated by lower living expenses. But with imported stuff you will be paying far more than firstoids do.

short answer, never
long answer, those with producing their own products for the global market might if its high value enough

its all about selling, currently we make germans stuff they sell for high profit

plus energy, which is not cheap here, so if you can supply yourself with energy, you can go far

no its not you fucking retard thats the point, sven can buy MORE of the same shit than you

Before communism, how rich were the countries I highlighted? Were you guys better off than Southern Europe and equal to Western Europe?

Croatia is white, though

I dunno you tell me

Attached: 1547726779576.jpg (489x585, 149K)

this comparison is a bit unfair to Spain though because it had a civil war

Attached: avt4tbn1vq001.jpg (8582x6999, 2.43M)

Czech Republic used to be really good at engineering and manufacturing

Dont know about southern europe but they already stopped catching up to North/West

This
We had a few highly competitive tech companies
LogMeIn
Prezi
Graphisoft
All of them either got bought out or moved their main operation to the us
Tresorit will be the next one

Fly AirBaltic :-)

5-10 years

This

We just lack capital

Only last few years our big financial companies started investing, expanding and buying companies all around Europe

That's the whole game, invest in foreign countries, relocate HQ and bring profit home