Did Haussmann improve or destroy Paris?

Did Haussmann improve or destroy Paris?

Attached: Haussmann.jpg (840x556, 158K)

Improve, large avenues are necessary to have fluid traffic.

>traffic
He did it so you temperamental crybabies wouldn't throw a fucking revolution every 2 weeks

>Haussmann

he pulled a Sedan on Paris iykwim

objectively superior city planning, you cannot get lost

i mean, paris is half a hundred times better than london so he can't have been that bad

one of the very few examples of urban planning done right.
also, how the fuck is pic related allowed?

Attached: aa.png (840x556, 1.08M)

It would be horrible to oppress the gilet jaunes in old Paris

Attached: gilet jaunes.jpg (2040x1148, 293K)

>paint x lite

Attached: 1527519734794.jpg (399x400, 63K)

Improve. Before that most houses are build out of wood, if it had not be done, the entire city would have being wiped out by fire a couple of times before concrete became a thing and now we would staring to a bunch of bauhaus copies.

Maybe...
because...
it's being renovated?

suggest a better paint program for mac or gtfo

ah

>for mac
Install gentoo.

If it wasn't for hausman Paris would look very similar to London nowadays, probably.

Imho it was an improvement.

Pre-Haussmann Paris doesn't look impressive in photos, to say the least. So, probably the city wasa improved with the reforms.

Attached: prehaussmannparis.jpg (976x549, 190K)

This. I'm quite happy to changed it to be frank. Pre-Haussmann Paris looked messier than Brussels.

Attached: 06-007.jpg (800x600, 41K)

Soul vs soulless

Attached: 501cd375.jpg (768x481, 86K)

>paris is half a hundred times better than london

In what sense?
I've never been there, what do you mean?

You mean horrible as in difficult?

Have you seen their skyline these days though? It's even more of a mess than London's.

Attached: RV-AH482_QUEENA_P_20120713001009.jpg (749x499, 118K)

I'm telling you, it's this kind of thought that has made American government to plan 09/11, they wanted to modernize NY's landscape.

Montparnasse was a fucking big fat mistake.

Attached: LaDefense.jpg (1280x720, 298K)

Oh hey, you guys have a big glass dildo too, I didn't know that.

Attached: 333562f0b1339d0dd0a30d74ec303d7e_Bandstand_The-Gherkin_©Hufton Crow_001_edit_Photo_1_large.jpg (1600x1502, 328K)

no no no why build it so close to the Eiffel Tower?

why do people talk smack about that building, it looks nice desu. some of the other shit looks like it was randomly generated

I actually kind of like it aswell, don't really get the hate. I kind of like the shard too.
The actual criminial is the fucking walie talkie. I wish some terrorist would blow it up.

Attached: walkie_talkie.jpg (840x556, 77K)

>There is an arch
>You can't drive through it
What's the point?

Not really a dildo

Attached: TourD2.jpg (1920x1920, 967K)

Brûle

Attached: 1500Napoleon_sortant_de_son_tombeau-tt-width-637-height-814-crop-1-bgcolor-ffffff-lazyload-0.jpg (637x814, 123K)

Хyюлe

iirc it improved so well that some british noble when he came to revamped paris in the 1870's something, he said something like "finally, paris smells good" kek

paris used to be pretty horrible, it was an old city

Stop trying to look american please

>Napoleon III will be shunned forever despite his domestic improvements

>"finally, paris smells good"
Did Hausmann make the French leave? :)

How so? Without Napoleon III we would not have Germany.

there is literally nothing wrong with brussels in terms of architecture
the only problem is that it still hasn't dealt with urban decay in some parts, i.e. still has some gentrification to go through
other than that, it's pretty fucking great. you have gothic, you have the low countries style, neoclassicism, french second empire style, art deco and all that kind of different stuff in large amounts

there must be a lot of traffic on that roundabout on a regular day
how does someone get to the arch?

underground passage

well, Paris is gorgeous so maybe? But large scale top-down urban planning projects are usually awful