Academia? Ivy Leagues? NO! Those are liberal hivemind indoctrination camps! I prefer PragerU

>Academia? Ivy Leagues? NO! Those are liberal hivemind indoctrination camps! I prefer PragerU.

Attached: 1550679517929.png (1105x1141, 471K)

All universities are expensive SJW garbage. The real smart people get a trade

>going to college

Attached: kek.jpg (807x802, 74K)

To be fair, I would say that in humanities, there is very much a bias in terms of what is presented.

>Unfortunately, I was interrupted in the middle of my first point by Sarah Bond, who forcefully insisted: “We are not Western Civilization!”

>What can one say to that? I didn’t respond; but as I then attempted to move on and make my second point, I was interrupted by her and others, and not permitted to finish what I had hoped would be four very brief statements. A member of the audience with no connection to the panel, Michael Gagarin (University of Texas Emeritus) rose, came over to me, and told me I wasn’t allowed to speak.

>I had never been at an academic conference where a member of an audience had the power to forbid another audience member from speaking. I continued: “We don’t teach Homer. We don’t teach Cicero… Why don’t we teach Thucydides and Herodotus?… So I’m saying: Cicero has value. Homer has value. Demosthenes has value, because it will teach you about defending Democracy.” (Sarah Bond pointed out that these writers were “all men” and seemed to think she’d scored a devastating point at my expense.)

That'll be $40k plus tip for your worthless degree that can't even get you a burger-flipping job, goy

Why does our system pretend people in college know things that we don't? If anything they probably know less.

Attached: Meanwhile.png (1443x966, 234K)

>his IQ is above 90

Attached: 99E61D68-DDAA-4A88-9266-9BEC58E3483C.jpg (658x577, 211K)

I can't tell if this is an ironic thread or not

Conservatives are idiots. They're being serious

Just looked it up, it's not even a real school. Just videos.

>All universities are expensive SJW garbage. The real smart people get a trade

Attached: 1550869837369.png (1019x561, 376K)

Its what you get when your nation makes higher education way too expensive for the general populus.

t. works as a wagecuck plumber for life

So american school are not centers for indoctrination?

>this thread

Attached: 0AE6D16E-C928-48FD-ACA6-04A81B03E3AB.gif (960x480, 191K)

I can't tell if you're ironically poor or not

Attached: trades-vs-university-e1470785950392-3.jpg (594x430, 52K)

Note the flags. All american. We have an incredibly pervasive culture of ignorance here.

>I know how to use a torch to weld two pieces of metal. I'm much smarter than an MIT graduates who voted overwhelmingly in favor of Hillary Clinton!

Attached: 1517041347958.png (633x758, 132K)

based
cringe

Attached: 1547969895629.jpg (960x720, 152K)

Haha no. They just happen to have a strong “progressive” bias.

>Why would I believe hundreds of scientists from every country in the world? Donald Drumpf says climate change isn't real and that's that.

Attached: Screenshot_20190228-190346_Sketch.jpg (1080x1201, 366K)

>unironically posting boomer comics
jesus fucking christ dude get some self awareness

The grand irony here is that the boomer who wrote this most likely supports policies that encourage the inflated price of education.

I graduated without any debt and with a 55k salary job

Why do these comics never use someone with a STEM degree or something? It's always liberal arts

When will people learn that philosophy is literally the best degree you can get at uni? Phil majors are arguably better than physics majors, becuase they aren’t soulless calculators and can actually formulate arguments about politics, religion, etc and apply logical reasoning in real life

Attached: E0E70C25-C0EB-41EF-A74D-448B38F5A3B7.png (600x462, 83K)

because the boomers who work in trades want to keep the myth that their stupid job will exist in 20 years. even if trades still exist, you are quite literally trading your health for ~70k/yr lifestyle.

so this is what you lads get up to when Europeans are asleep, fascinating

Attached: enhanced-buzz-orig-7493-1355156019-6.jpg (700x702, 50K)

You have to go back to r*ddit.

I don't think the creators object to getting a STEM degree if you have the ability.

Unless your education is in the hard sciences you're no better than the plumbers tbqh

>paying for university
MEGA LMAO

>t. pays 70% in taxes

>t. gets shot

>t. pays more taxes than a billionaire and defends it

Trades will exist for as long as it's cheaper to get a human to do a thing than to build and hire a robot to do that thing. Which is gonna be decades yet, even if the technology to make a robot to potentially do that task arrives in the mean time. Jobs like plumbers and mechanics are not impossible to automate - nothing is - but there are massive difficulties associated with having to work under unpredictable conditions, in the field and with unpredictable problems.

Besides, the kind of AI adaptivity that would let you replace a field technician would have long rendered 90+% of desk jobs obselete.

>the kind of AI adaptivity that would let you replace a field technician would have long rendered 90+% of desk jobs obselete.

Google is already working on trying to eliminate code monkeys because they are honestly overpaid. That's why arts is important. People need to leverage the jobs that impossible to eliminate like teaching careers or health care/services. A teacher for every student and a nurse, perhaps a different kind of nurse than today, for every sick person.

>All universities are expensive SJW garbage. The real smart people get a trade

Attached: 1525563053039.jpg (665x590, 83K)

You overestimate how easy it is. A lot of paper pusher jobs still exist nowadays that should've been obselete a decade or two ago. If even the boilerplate takes long to automate, you're not getting rid of the actual logic level positions any time soon.

Trades will not be gone in 20 years. 50? Probably not. 200? Maybe. Having a classificator network or an agent is one thing, actually stitching them together and packaging them in an affordable and rovust field-capable mechanization is another entirely.

>A teacher for every student and a nurse, perhaps a different kind of nurse than today, for every sick person.
And also it's funny how you mock tradesmen for being dumb and obselete yet think some 90iq moron is preferable to a youtube tutorial.

Why are millennials especially anglo ones look down to blue collar workers?
For example plumbers have great wages and you can work as much as you want. There's always work

Attached: 0ae3d0f4.jpg (530x474, 40K)

I dont look down on them I just dont want to be one.

There's ways to advance in those careers also. I don't do much physical labor these days. Mostly designing and planning

Yeah not sure that ever happened
Also I go to the University of Texas and if I could point you over to our classics department where I have taken classes you will find that Homer and Cicero are taught

>pays a bit less in taxes but gets literally nothing in return

tradebro here, wish I had gone and gotten an arts degree because I could be making 100k to sit at desk instead of 90k to put metal screws into things 40 feet in the air :()

is it just me or are conservatives the least creative?

Attached: baby-trump.jpg (800x600, 155K)

I can’t teach with it so fuck it

>arts degree
>making 100k to sit at desk
and what arts would that be? Literature?

Philosophy/polisci are typically the smartest bunch imo. They’re not socially inept like engineering students or autistic and racist like history majors, making them far and wide the funnest to hang with.

>formulate arguments about politics, religion, etc and apply logical reasoning in real life
If you need a university education to do this I am afraid you're never gonna make it, lad.

and then literally have no work right out of school LMFAO

>Phil majors are arguably better than physics majors, becuase they aren’t soulless calculators
wew
How much of a coping brainlet do you have to be in order to actually believe that?

because you guys haven't been flooded with glorious polish pluming.

Average Dutchman works from 9-16:30 and 15:00 on friday and has 30 days off in exchange for a median wage.
Why give that up for working with your hands?

I’ve met two philosophy majors and they were both complete brainlets

Yes goyim watch PragerU
They will teach you about (((Judeo Christian Values)))

Attached: prageru.png (1285x869, 505K)

Working at the construction for few years gave me the motivation to study. All the old guys there complained whole the time and their joints are backs were killing them. Couldn't think doing that for the rest of my life.

This. It's literally no worth it no matter the money. I

'Get a trade' seems like a massive brainlet cope.

The money isnt even the only thing
If you get an education you will meet other educated intellectual people. I know the trade people think this equates to SJWs but it doesnt in my experience.

You'll end up in a job that requires brainpower, the people you meet will introduce you to new ideas or information and you will forever have a lifelong interest in learning.

You don't have to sell me university. I do however think that the current system needs to be changed. University should be free.