What are you boys mining?

What are you boys mining?

I switched to VTL recently.

Let's get undervalued coin gains together.

Attached: mining lol.jpg (1500x1001, 459K)

How much was the whole rig including the frame?

Was thinking of buying 8 1070 TI's to get started

Personally I have a AMD rig. The rig in the pic looks solid tho. I would estimate maybe $4600 with 1070ti's.

Napkin Math:
1070 ti (8x) = $530 * 8 = $4240
Motherboard, Cpu, Risers, Powersupply, Frame = $400
~$4640

Real question is your electricity price + estimated ROI

vertcoin for them ez gains

Currently where I live it's .21 $/kwH but I'm moving to a place where it's about .10 $/kwh

Just using NiceHash because I'm too much of a brainlet to get Awesome Miner or some other algo switching miner to work

Been mining akroma. Mostly because the chain link spam annoyed me so much I decided to invest some time into a different decentralized oracle project. What’s verts profitability like compared to say Eth?

hope you're accumulating and not dumping at these prices..

At .10 $/kwh your rig would cost anywhere from $1.50-2.50 per algorithm. So any more made per day is your profit. I attached estimated hashrates/break even costs for several algorithms.

Attached: algorithmhashrates.png (1216x488, 34K)

Of course. Good looking out user.

you are a retard for mining shitcoins like this. just think what is better?

1) mine worthless shitcoin, get 100 shitcoins a day

2) mine valuable ETH, mine $10 worth a day, use proceeds to buy shitcoin instead of mining it. buy 1500 shitcoins a day with your $10 instead of the 100 shitcoins u would be able to mine

actually nevermind. you have a billiant strategy OP, everyone should go mine all the undervalued coins.

STOP MINING ETH AND XMR. they have no future, please get off the network so difficulty goes down

>Sharding 2020

Lol enjoy your 10$ tx fees.

I understand where your coming from. But some of these shitcoins have higher ROI than larger coins like XMR and ETH. You sell the shitcoin to cover amount you would of gotten with a blue chip, and keep the rest of the shitcoin if you want a safe strategy.

Craigslist coins.

Im just doing nicehash atm with a 7 1080 ti rig. I might do a second rig and use a diff program for algoswitching or something.

XMR and sumo

Eth 24/7

Monero it's the best profit for me to mine with the heat. I also need to get new risers my last two died...and maybe another rx 580 later this month depends if the market recovers fast enough.

so what I am saying is why mine shitcoin and earn 50 shitcoins per day when you could mine whatever is most profitable and trade it for the same shitcoin and get 100 shitcoins per day

if you believe shitcoin is going to moon, why mine it directly if its not the most profitable? mine whatever is most profitable and trade it for your shitcoin

diff is low now, you get roughly the same amount

Anyone still GPU mining is braindead retarded. NONE of you are making profit, and don't even lie to yourself and say you are

how much did you spend on those 7 1080's and how much is your electricity cost? Just admit it, you are not even close to recouping your initial investment (and never will)

How does it feel knowing a single Z9 has more hashing power than your 7 1080's while using only a fraction of the electricity?

my cost of electricity is $0 per kilowatt-hour for 9 hours every night. I am profitable at any crypto price above $0.

I'm from 2011 so I've already made it long ago, this is more that I always wanted to mine and build computers.

Each 1080 ti was bought brand new w/ coupons around $600-$650, picked up a new one for $640 this morning with the current ebay/newegg sale.
>7 x $650 = $4.550
>$7/profit per day minimum after electric
>1.7 years to ROI
>get to have a cyberpunk money printing machine
I'm only storing my earnings on a hardware wallet since I dont need to sell any. I also built a tiny proof of stake build to run some of my staking wallets on. Once these cards are useless I'll just give them to friends or keep em as backups for my main gaming pc.

Oh boy here comes butthurt /v/.

Any good resources to learn how to mine like you in 2018 for noobs.

Mining Nimiq, probably only at a break even cost right now but I think the coin has a huge future so I'm holding.

You are a fucking retard. I made 40k off a single 1070 rig last year

same, i just set up xmr stak on all the computers at work. getting a cool 3-5Khz running about 16 hours a day.

I'm mining Masari now, have a good feeling about it hitting 10-17 $ EOY.

Any recommendations?

>I made 40k off a single 1070 rig last year

yea bullshit, were you mining ETH when it was $10 and then sold the top? Even so, you would have made even more if you would just bought ETH instead

The mining community is filled with liars, lying to themselves and other people

What I wanna know is why YOU give a fuck and a half?

Best strategy is to always mine the most profitable coin and buy your preferred coin.

I don't know many miners in it for profit anymore, honestly. I know quite a few who are stacking a couple of coins, but they all mine eth and trade for them. Smartest way to go on an average gpu rig.

Oh, and unless you double up to 20 cards, expect about .1% earnings in most popular pools these days. 8-10 cards is basically nothing in terms of shares. It's really more of a hobby now unless you actually invest big in it.

my shit is all automated, my utility contract gives me 9 hrs a night free juice. I got 18 GTX 1080ti and some 1080/1050ti's all on ETH. my scripts remotely power them up and down at the correct hours to ensure I never pay for any mining electricity costs

Attached: mine.jpg (494x228, 34K)

also mining XMR with the cpus in the rigs and some old gpus I had laying around that are not profitable unless running on free electricity

ETC, ETH, BTCZ, LTC, DGB, DASH, and BTC (Nicehash). Mined loads of other coins in the past as well but stopped actively mining for various reasons. Currently running:

>2x Antminer L3+ (LTC/DGB)
>2x Antminer D3 (Nicehash/DASH)
>1x Antminer S9 (DGB)
>6x 1080 Ti (BTCZ/ETH)
>3x RX 580 8G/1x RX Vega 64 (ETC)
>4x Android devices (ETN)

I've had the Nvidia rig running for nearly a year now mining all sorts of coins. Just got finished accumulating 100k BTCZ, and moving it back to ETC/ETH with the ethlargementpill. Started building out the AMD rig a few weeks back with used cards at insanely good prices. Will add 2 more Vegas and point them at XMR. Mining has been a good deal and will keep getting better as more algos/coins/technology comes along.

Attached: 1512026476310.png (1122x1332, 2.4M)

this is the way to do it

my utilities are included in my rent so i have (had at current prices) a few equihash miners mining enough to cover the rent.

How much is your on-peak rate? If you do the math, your overall rate is still probably profitable with 24/7 operation. You're just wasting hardware if only mining 37.5% of the day.

during the day its 14.8cents plus delivery charges. yes it is still marginally proftiable but I am in Texas and its 105 degrees during the day and my wife won't let me lol

during winter though we switch to a flat 8 cents all day rate and I run them all day to heat the house and she fucking loves my rigs then LOL

not him but faggots are just lying

That's a great overall rate at just about $0.00875. I am also in Texas, currently paying $0.01125 overall. I will occasionally power down my indoor GPUs for an hour on the 100+ days to allow my A/C to catch up, but I usually leave them running 24/7.

Get a better cooling system operational and get those cards mining. Your wife will thank you in a few years.

stupid autistic fucks detected

t. hashlets

>i don't care about profit, it's just a "hobby"
>my rig doubles as a heater in winter

MINER COPE

The amount of salt in here could supply Mc Donalds and Wendy's both for years.

How much are the electricity costs to maintain a cool room in the summer?

Do you charcoal grill inside as well in the Republic of Texas summer?

gold nuggets all day

ETH

My living room when air conditioned never gets too hot even with 10 GPUs running. A/C is set to 77 during the 10hrs I'm wageslaving, and 72 when I get home. It turns on pretty regularly but its a negligible difference.

how do you not pay electricity costs?

does your state have excess electricity or something wtf

Cheaper to just buy coins right now. 1070 TI's are overpriced for where cryptos at. Just buy them then once we cross the threshold start mining again.

That looks like if you step outside the house for more than a 10 minute period, the chances of fire are going to be 102% with a 2% margin for error.

how much can i make per day with like 3-5 graphics cards ?

yeah google "txu free nights". there is an excess of wind power at night in texas, they put these plans together to incentivize people to use less power during daytime (peak demand)

YouTube

0xBTC, but you did t here it from me ;-€)

thanks

how much can i make per day with like 3-5 graphics cards ?

not much unfortunately at current price/difficulty. like, a few dollars a day. but that if if you sell the coins immediately. I don't need the money so I hold everything I mine. if you hold and the price 10x's up then the whole time you were mining you were earning 10x what you thought you were at the time.

just imagine all those poor idiots who switched off their bitcoin mining gpus because they were "only" earning 1-2 BTC per day anymore

some user said he had 1 ps3's and was making $4 an hour

Was gonna say this, but actually I’d rather just buy it, since no one else has a brain enough to be interested in buying it apparently

he was full of shit lol

this.. using all old junk boxes. Even have an old 1U rack running.

Attached: nims.jpg (2047x1175, 78K)

I have a buddy who is mining NIX. he claims he is making 50$ a day.

I still don't feel confident in a project trying to use the BTC brand name. Any thoughts?

> 2018
> Not using FGPA mining cards

I'm gonna break into your house and spritz that with a spray bottle

You'd be better off selling those gpus before you burn them dead mining worthless shitcoins.

Attached: 1515783093875.png (653x566, 23K)