I need some advice

I need some advice.

There is a property I am trying to buy, the sellers knows there is an oil tank on the property but does not want it to be inspected for fear that it leaked.

I said, "Fine, my offer is the list value minus the low end cost of an oil tank remediation".

He said no and requested full price.

Is it illegal for me to hire an environmental consultant to send this guy a letter stating that the environmental company is looking to do a site survey for a adjacent property and would like information if there are any oil tanks or if a soil sample can be taken?

The scheme is that the property owner would not know it is me sending the "inspection request" and that he will then capitulate and try to "scam" me by selling me the building for my requested price.

The seller will think he has tricked me.

Is this legal?

Attached: education_OilStorageTank.jpg (334x304, 50K)

tell him to suck your dick. If you really value the property that much then sure, social engineer him.

Did you get this idea from Breaking Bad? Is this even a real situation?

Buy the property next to his, and then purchase a nice big oil drill.

Drill at a 45 degree angle until you tap into his oil tank.

Then walk into his building and shriek that you drink his milkshake and beat him to death with a bowling pin.

grow a pair of balls and tell him to go fuck himself. then go fuck yourself for thinking up this pussy fucken response.

Attached: 6ui5r.jpg (221x250, 6K)

Yes, it is a real situation.

He refuses to go any lower than list. Many times I have negotiated with the guy.

So you did get the idea from Breaking Bad? Bonus points if you get Bill Burr to do a fake inspection

No, I have watched Breaking Bad but I have no idea what you are referencing from the show.

start growing some balls then pussy. it is your only hope. it will come apparent what to do when you have the balls.

Attached: a5thjkzA.jpg (326x287, 48K)

lol OR...

someone who has bought real estate before offers him full value with an inspection period and checks for a leak. People who like to make money don't like gambling and risk and this guy knows you're a chump.

We offered full price with an inspection obviously.

>I said, "Fine, my offer is the list value minus the low end cost of an oil tank remediation"

No you didn't. You lowballed him. If you found anything in inspection that's when you amend your offer.

Really getting the feeling you just watched breaking bad.

"There is a property I am trying to buy, the sellers knows there is an oil tank on the property but does not want it to be inspected for fear that it leaked."

The entire point of the post is that he does not want the property to be inspected, but still wants full price. We offered full price, cash, with inspection.

Show a corncob right up his jacksie, that'll learn him.

>he does not want the property to be inspected
Why do you think he doesn't want the property inspected?

He said "The oil tank had been installed in the 40s, it was drained before I bought the building but there is a chance it was done incorrectly and if that is the case there is a chance it leaked. If you inspect it and don't buy I will have to file with state for remediation and it can be a big burden."

CAn someone explain the breaking bad references

Yea I’m not sure about where you live, but when I purchase a property The slowing agent clears a full SPDS report and then I have the property inspected by a professional before any funding gets to escrow.

Shit, selling agent does the spuds report. If that wasn’t obvious eno

I suppose they're referencing the time when Jesse buys back his house from his parents by leveraging his knowledge of what wnet on in that house (the meth lab or some other shit). I don't remember the details, but anyway Jesse gets a lower price and his parents just break even with the costs of renovation.

Why are you so hell-bent on this property? Sounds like such a hassle and the owner is a fag. Just buy some other property.

Meant to say ‘enough’.

Shit this reminds me of the time I was buying a rental that an old drunk had lived in. He had passed away but before he did he built a guest house on the property. And this old drunk must have been puking in every corner of the main house because it smelled terrible. Everywhere had a stench. I guess nobody had taken the time to evaluate whether or not the old man had goteen permits because he guest house looked like shit and the asking price was about 70 percent of the going rate in the neighborhood. I went in and almost vomited but I could tell there was a great deal to be purchased as long as I did my due diligence. I went to our towns permits and zoning station and looked up the old micro film. There was about 37 documents there but after searching through a fe w i

Or, now that I think about it, maybe the Breaking Bad reference is to the time when Walter buys the car wash by calling that environmental inspector or whatever. That one situation sounds more similar to OP's situation.