Debt

Got into a car accident and it was my fault. And I am also uninsured.

Just got a bill from the other guys insurance company asking me to pay. I thought his insurance pays for it as he is paying the premiums

What happens if I ignore the letters, and do not pay. Will my bank accounts be garnished? Will my credit rating be affected?

Attached: fh3.jpg (300x168, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

insurancelaw.org.au/factsheets/ive-had-a-car-accident-and-im-uninsured-factsheet/
youtube.com/watch?v=oD2gXY4piF4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

After they take you to court, yes.

It doesnt work like that brainlet. Jesus you own a car and dont know how insurance works? Amerimutt?

TLDR: You pay insurance which is required by your govn so that you pay more money to your politicians in a way. If you make an accident then the person who is at fault (and their insurance if there is) pays the accident.

In your case if the other person did the accident, his/hers insurance would pay. In your case you caused the accident and by not having any insurance you must pay with your own money. Pay it up because they will go to court so no point in hiding.

but what can a court do?

they can garnish accounts? even share trading accounts like CommSec

in the letter they said they would just get an external debt recovery agency.
Do insurance companys always go to court eventually? Surely its not worth their hassle for only a few thousand dollar

What do you mean what a court can do?

They will file a lawsuit against you for basically causing a traffic hazard and declining to pay. Take this matter as same as you breaking someones shit and not paying to repair it. Would you like that? This is quite an ethical question. Dont be a fucking dick. You sound like a child. Take responsibilities for your actions. Dont drive and cause traffic accidents.

Okay father-mode off. Basically they will take you to court and will win (i know that they will because you probably already admitted that you caused the accident) and if you lose, you pay up the accident + court costs. Overall you will pay more if you dont pay up the accident.

This depends of course if the insurance company wants to file a lawsuit against you. LISTEN TO ME CAREFULLY. YOU WILL LOSE THIS. THIS IS LIKE BASIC 101.

What does tldr mean to you?

i know i will lose. i am not trying to contest it. i just refuse to pay an insurance company.

how can the court actually force me to pay. what methods/tools can they use, other than sending me letters to please pay

ohhhh nothing except telling the police to enter your house and bring you to court forcefully and then putting you into jail

how fucking retarded are you? are you 5?

>I thought his insurance pays for it as he is paying the premiums

They can send people to seize your property. What little you have. If I'm not mistaken that can include bank accounts.

Attached: PutinAJokeInIt.jpg (480x380, 83K)

i can go to jail for not paying a few thousand dollars to an insurance company?

Okay so we are on the same page. You basically just dont want to take responsibility and pay for the shit youve done. But im not going to talk about ethics then anymore.

So the process is as follows:
1. They file a lawsuit.
2. You dont appear in court.
3. Your court costs get higher.
4. Rinse and repeat since you dont show up.
5. Eventually a decision is made by the govn.
6. The decision is to lock all your bank accounts.
7. If you ever work legally with a contract you must have a bank account.
8. If they pay cash, dno about USA, but in my country its illegal.
9. They will deduct the fees from court and the traffic accident from your bank account.

So all-in-all you cant work legally bcs the fines will grow bigger and bigger thanks to interest. Yes fines also have interest.

So your solutions:
1. More to another country. Canada or USA depends where you are or EU.
2. Never work legally. Very stupid idea, but a solution.
3. Threaten the owner to take back the accident and just forget it.
4. Offer the owner a money to settle it between you (you must have a legal paper signed although).
5. Just dont pay and hope that insurance company doesnt file a lawsuit against you pointed no reason.

I once refused to pay a parking ticket and after 5 or something years the lawsuit gets cancelled (at least in my country). You need to read about what is the time it takes to automatically cancel a lawsuit.

"I can go to jail for breaking the law?"

Surely somebody even a police officer cannot come into my house and take my property.
I'm in australia

Youre stupid as fuck and im glad you didnt get quins

Yes exactly. I dont want to take responsibility, and wont unless i absolutely have to.

so they can track down my bank account? does this include trading account? can they sell my shares without my knowledge

quins?

some laws do not deserve jail time for breaking them.
this is more of a civil case anyway

Dno if this is LARP but this might actually be a real case of a 16 year old on this board.

They will freeze your accounts. Get it? You dont control your bank accounts. You cant work with a contract. This is the fucking real world kiddo. You are being tracked. YES. You can be tracked without you knowing. How fucking deluded are you? We are all being tracked. Mobile phones, ID-Cards, credit cards, bank account transfers. The law says that they cant do that but they do but they just dont say they do. Jesus christ. Read posts above and dont ask repeating questions.

YOUR BANK ACCOUNTS FROZEN - YES THEY CAN
PROPERTY FROZEN - YES THEY CAN
YOU ARE TAKEN TO JAIL - YES THEY CAN

This is not a video game xD

You literally have to be brainlet spec retarded to drive a car without insurance? Pay up or get fucked up by the court.

Next time dont be such an idiot and just pay for insurance

my bank accounts are private mate. maybe in your shit country, but they cannot seize private property.

you fucking retard why don't you have insurance? how about paying now and stop being a faggot

it had lapsed. i will not pay up, the courts arent going to bother me for $3000. Theyve got better things to worry about

couldnt be botehred getting insurance, and no i wont pay because i dont have the fucking money

I hope you rot in jail because that's where you're going unless you leave the country.

Who's talking about Police? I never said the police.
But anyway they can take your shit
>Once it has judgment the insurer can use Court powers to get you to pay, for example, garnisheeing your wages, seizing property and/or making you bankrupt.
insurancelaw.org.au/factsheets/ive-had-a-car-accident-and-im-uninsured-factsheet/

>the courts arent going to bother me for $3000. Theyve got better things to worry about
You're a fucking idiot. This is delicious. Of course an insurance company is going to bother you for 3k, it's a precedent!

Attached: bueno2.jpg (600x902, 56K)

will probably just leave the country if it got that serious. i have multiple passports. haha

the courts dont know where i live, where i work, or my bank account details. so good luck with them finding any of that out

Forget about the courts, it's the insurance company who sells your debt to a debt collector who will find you and repossess your shit. That's their job, finding deadbeats like you. It'll be easier than a bear finding a menstruating woman in the forest.

You have no idea how courts work, do you? You chose to not have insurance, you got into an accident and it was your fault. Take some responsibility and set up a payment plan and then get insurance.

This has to be a LARP nobody can be this stupid.
sage

Holy shit buddy you're dumb as a bag of rocks. I hope you take the hard way out of this situation, sounds like you deserve some darwinism

How did they send you a letter then?

just do this, retard
youtube.com/watch?v=oD2gXY4piF4

you poor summer child

>tfw he expected the quick rundown but got the basic gestalt

Attached: 1530652158451.jpg (360x318, 21K)

Wow you are a dumb shit.
Not all states require insurance, but I can guarantee you- next time you got wheels your gonna insure that shit cause this is gonna FAWK you over mate.

If you are from Australia I can tell you from experience.
You can expect debt collectors at your front door. They can raid your place and take what they see fit to cover your debts.

Based aussies

nothing wrong with being dumb

>but what can a court do
thanks, you're the first larp in days that made me laugh

Attached: 1528829374984.gif (300x243, 255K)

seriously? i never expected this. thats ridiculous how much control they have

i meant i knew they could make a judgement, but i thought it was just one of those things that isnt ever really enforced, unless its in the high 5 figures

Are you 12?

Keep going through life with that mindset. Soon enough you'll be getting tortured to death in some guy's basement and will completely deserve it. Hopefully the guy you're fucking over currently has too much to lose/too busy to teach you the lesson you deserve.

You’re fucking stupid

>they would just get an external debt recovery agency
Literally just a scam presented as being legit and legal-sounding. Just ignore. If you recognize their existence, you give them power over you. They don't exist. NEVER exchange a single word with them when they begin calling/writing (aka when they begin harassing you).

"debt recovery agencies" btw are simply private, for-profit corporations, hired by other corporations. Nothing else.

Attached: 1531143482780.png (763x433, 116K)

i worked for debt collector and all we could do was make idle threats

I live on a third world and I don't pay child support. The court can't enforce me to pay because they can't go there unless they mobilize a large operation. They could size my money in bank, but I use BTC.

This is also the motive that I don't pay electricity bills. I ido a irregular connection and the company can do nothing.

its an insurance company not a person i'm fucking over.
anyway i'll just pay 5 dollars a week on a payment arrangement

kek, nice, which country?

you are the 16 year old. you cannot go to jail over civil matters

Are you mentally retarded?

You cant go to jail over civil matters?

Oh yeah i totally forgot about that part. Who cares right? Hey i have an idea, lets buy a car and wreck shitloads of cars on the streets and never pay back the money. Surely this is a civil matter and i dont have to NEVER EVER EVER take responsibilities. Oh yeah if we are there, lets take a baseball bat and start smashing things up. Who cares right? I will never be put into jail and dont have to pay fines. This is like a video game! I can do whatever i want?

Fcking sage.

that is right, you would never go to jail for doing that.
i think its you thats 16, and still have a very naive view of the law

This got to be a LARP!

My best friend is an advocate and you probably are just a retard. If you think we have never discussed subjects like these then godspeed!

Good luck hiding bcs of 3k! Yeah you are right, you will not go to jail. Heck nobody will bother you. You will be fine! No worries. Maybe this is the answer you wanted to hear all along!

Btw just to give you a bone one of my family members was raided by a debt collector with the police by ignoring debts like this because he was also a retard thinking who cares right? YOLO! But im out bcs talking to idiots is draining energy.

*Knock knock*

i've never paid a fine in my life, and i've racked up alot - parking, train, general police,
and i've never paid one of them. the government doesnt have my address, and certainly not my bank account details so dont know why this will be any difference just because its a lot larger

if a debt collector came to my door i wouldnt answer. they cant break in

Nice

What kind of car do you drive?

You have to come out sometime for chicken tendies

Garnish your wages most likely.

Step 1: Call them up

Step 2: Say you have no money, make up a 20 minute long sob story. "Oh geez, I broke my leg, and they got me on these pills, and I can't afford my hospital bills and auauughhh, etc..."

Step 3: Talk them down to paying $3 a month until you can have to money to pay it all back in a few more months

Step 4: Continue to prolong the $3 a month payments, make up more bullshit, continue to tell them to wait a couple more months

Step 5: Repeat step 4

The sam Hyde nick rochefort method I like it

Can confirm, i live in Italy though so dont know how is It in AU.
I had like a 300€ that i owed to my old ISP, they threatened to give my case to the debt recovdry agency...6 months later the debt agency sends me a letter saying my debt is now 400€ because of me not paying but if i pay in 30 days it's still 300. I ignored them...4 months later same letter arrives...ignored...5 months later: "ok give us 150€ and were fine" - haha fucking cucks.
Inform yourself on the law...here if a private debt agency bothers you (like call you or god forbid comes to your home) you can call the police

AU is not EU despite the "U" in both. In commonwealth countriest they don't fuck around with debt collection, how the fuck do you think the queen manages to live in a castle?

If you are using shit like a bank which manages it they prob will and can. I hope you now understand the greatness of decentralized networks like crypro where this kind of shit cannot happen. If you had all your money in a crypto there would be nothing they could do. If you had it in a privacy coin they would not even know it existed.

nah thats not true, in australia just ignore it for a year, and they will sell to other debt collectors, for less. eventually you can buy your debt for 10%

its linked to a bank, but when i call that bank they know nothig about it, or even that i have an account. its just a small subsidiary i guess. cant see any debt collector ever finding it as money isnt going in or out of it. just growing

LMFAO you must be some LARP (or just a very veeeeeery low IQ nibba)!

Attached: 1519885716406.png (1078x1168, 1.02M)

maybe in your communist/fascist country. but in australia, a government is a democracy and they do not have control over a citizens personal property - including money

Maybe if it was owned to the tax/revenue department, but not for stupid civil came

Attached: 152.jpg (728x640, 500K)

force you to wear kneepads

>the deluded boomer believe this

I knew a guy who had his paycheck garnished $500 every check after getting sued in a car accident

lmao kill yourself you worthless pond scum

>Got into a car accident and it was my fault.
Pay attention to the words 'it' 'was' 'my' 'fault', your insurance company (kek!) pays

in australia? thats more than half my weekly salary! why didnt he just setup a payment arrangement for a much smaller amount?!

stop larping

/thread

Did you hit your head in the accident or have you just always been this dumb, OP?

Some old lady crashed into my Mercedes once causing 10k damage. She had no insurance so had to sue her. Turned out she also has never had a job in 20 years and lived on social security which cannot be garnished. The court really didn't care about me the victim and she even still had her license even though it's supposed to be taken after no insurance citation. Never got a single penny out of it, the police did nothing and the court acted like I was the bad guy for suing. In my experience I doubt any lawyer will sue you for 3k because it will be more expensive in lawyer fees. They might send letters or something but that's it. Don't be so afraid op even though you are a shithead and everyone in the thread is telling you you're gonna get fucked I unironically know that no one will go after you. Probably a debt collection agency will negotiate with you to settle for like $100 a year from now if you care about your credit. Doubt it will even go on your credit score though unless they did sue you. Even then probably not because the court system really does not work very well. Most of the people working there don't care about anything like this. Fact: 20% of drivers have no insurance

>getting into a car accident
>being AT FAULT for it
Once autonomous cars are viable I'd gladly cede my own right to drive if it meant your kind of person would need to as well.

The court system is designed not to work well. It helps their end goal, 98% conviction rates.

Also that's really dumb on the court, maybe they'd go easy on you in your trial when you murder her for justice, lmfao.

>Someone posted CP on Jow Forums and user happened to have the thread open during his morning commute
>Direct his car to lock all doors and drive directly to the nearest police station for booking
The future sounds great

Why didn't he just insure his car?