Can Italians, Spanish, Portuguese understand each other's language naturally?

Can Italians, Spanish, Portuguese understand each other's language naturally?
They look so similar I can tell apart by impression

Attached: ダウンロード (1).jpg (225x224, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a5ovUJXvi3c
youtube.com/watch?v=Pik2R46xobA
youtube.com/watch?v=dvCWFkTQK64
youtu.be/xU7TwSaEx2Y
youtu.be/lNsoOjf9q9c
youtu.be/80rE2Uayb6g
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enchanted_Moura
youtube.com/watch?v=BN9Q1sPI2y0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they are similar enough that you can talk like 5 year olds and "converse" but not more than that without studying for a bit. If you study for a month you can easily understand.

written portuguese and spanish are almost identical, italian is pretty similar too
spoken is a bit more complicated, we all talk fast so we have to slow down for each other to understand

Spaniards are perfectly understandable of they speak slowly, only a couple words are really different
Italian is much more difficult, I can only understand the very basic
French is a fucking unintelligible mess despite also being Latins

Attached: latin europe.png (1664x620, 188K)

>French
>Latins
French are celts, just like you.

Si, a noi piacciono i piselli dei ragazzi spagnoli e portoghesi carini :3

you haven't spoken a Celtic language ever since GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR Romanized your Gaulish asses, quit your LARPing

Attached: Romans.jpg (1184x900, 347K)

>They look so similar I can tell apart by impression
The ones with greasy hair are Italians, the ones with hentai faces and each others' cocks in their mouths are Spanish and Portuguese

>The ones with greasy hair are Italians, the ones with hentai faces and each others' cocks in their mouths are Spanish and Portuguese

Attached: 1550895043327.jpg (253x199, 12K)

I can understand Spanish perfectly written, and most of them if they speak slowly.
French and Italian I can understand written, spoken can be quite an hassle.

The folk and part of our traditions are still celtic, or ancient proto-celtic but the language was lost, due romans

Attached: celticu12su1f2021.jpg (1024x758, 228K)

without having studied other languages first no, i couldn't understand them speaking as they are too fast. written sentences in french and spanish can be broadly understandable, portoguese is too difficult

You need to know the more archaic words to understand them naturally. The languages have diverged a bit, but it's decently understandable.

youtube.com/watch?v=a5ovUJXvi3c

Does this sound slavic to Froganons and Pastaanons?

Attached: 1459452803457.gif (500x418, 957K)

>Can Italians, Spanish, Portuguese understand each other's language naturally?
Portuguese is a one-way street of spoken understanding. We understand both Spaniards and Italians rather well (Spaniards more so), but since we reduce/ommit a lot of vowels, it's very hard for them to understand us.

Between Spanish and Italian it must be weird, because they have similar sounds and roots for words, but are farther apart than Spanish/Portuguese are.

We have to try hard to understand Spanish without having studied it, it's very easy to learn though.

Sí que suena algo parecido al Ruso, hay un vídeo en LangFocus donde explica el porqué.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pik2R46xobA

Spanish, at least written is understable without study, or at least you can say on broad terms the context of what is written about. With a little study you will be able to understand almost everything but some obscure broken-spanish slang from the worst latin american favelas

Portuguese is harder, especially for their fucked up pronuntiation

Even brazilians have a hard time understanding us, imagine spaniards and italians.

Spanish is pretty much like a dialect to us. Lots of differences but you can grasp 80 to 90% of it, provided they don't speak at flying jet speed.

Italian requires more exposure and learning some grammar, but once you do that you realize it's easily the closest language to ours outside the iberian peninsula. Some italian dialects are even closer, specially the southern ones.

yes and more or less
and we are also the most glorious

Attached: spanish-9civil-war14re8072231-220.png (295x815, 66K)

is sounds like a weird spanish with french pronunciation

Napolitan is similar to Spanish from what I understand. Not sure about Sicilian.

Isn't Celtic derived from a common Italo-Celtic ancestor? In any case you have a close relationship to the Mediterranean, despite yourself being only pseudo-Mediterranean

Based and Holypilled

just throw portuguese away it's the baboon monkey version of the other two languages, you know how people make fun of dutch and danish? that's portuguese

Attached: spanish_civil_war_badges440_redpilledside.jpg (1600x1200, 461K)

>The tyrone that never heard portuguese (euro) for once in his life.

youtube.com/watch?v=dvCWFkTQK64

just written portuguese, italian much less but you can get a little meaning of something
spoken very hard

>French is a fucking unintelligible mess despite also being Latins
Wish we'd stop this meme. Though I feel French is closer to Italian than Pr and Sp, which is strange because Pr, Sp and French are in the same Gallo-Iberian or Western Romance family

Portuguese either sounds Russian or like monkey noises. Neither are really good.

The so called common Italo-Celtic ancestor has recently been questioned and is on the verge to be dumped. It seems researchers attributed to Gaulish many linguistic traits that were in fact directly transmitted from Roman to Gaulish

>A Dutch thinks his opinion on languages are relevant...

No but really Portugese does not sound slav. Monkey noises? please kike stop this nonsence

Portuguese absolutely sounds Slavic.

>Portuguese absolutely sounds Slavic.
How can a Romance/celtic language sound slavic? If you are ignorant about a subject why give your shit input? Nobody cares what your opinion is.
Also Russian sounds good to me, so not all slavic languages are bad

It does

Too many "sh" sounds that's why

REEEE
I will fight any men that would say this to my face!

Says the guy who speaks a Barbaric language. Lmao.

youtu.be/xU7TwSaEx2Y

>t. another diaspora scum ruining the thread

>>t. another diaspora scum ruining the thread
Be fair this tread was already dyng when i came here.
One being half Portuguese does imply he will shill for Portugal, even tho i do it everyday of my life.

don´t post that brazilian garbage here

She's autist
youtu.be/lNsoOjf9q9c

Venetian dialect is the most similar imo

when europa was europa.

Join:

>French are celts, just like you.
stop with this meme you med subhuman

It sounds like Spanish if Spain wasen't a bunch of Moors larping as Chrisitans who took 500 more years than Portugal to end their Reconquista.

I speak Spanish and can more or less understand a Portuguese person speaking but not really an Italian one.

Ok this is how Spanish and Portuguese sound for an italian like me.

>Spanish
Hellos i thinkes Hitleres dides nothings wrongs

>Portuguese
Hll i thnk htlr dd nthn wrng

Shut up you stupid frog, french is unintelligible, case closed.
If I read french then I can understand quite a bit but when you fuckers talk you have all those shitty rules of pronunciations that literally group 4 different letters in one sound. If you said things exactly how they are written it would be so much more comprehensible at first hearing. You managed to be even worse than the anglos.

Yes, Italian is a bit more complicated though, at least for me

this doesn't make any sense. portuguese pronunciation is further away from other romance languages than spanish is...

Nothing more nationalist than Moroccan rape

Attached: spainkek.jpg (588x1066, 221K)

I can mostly understand spanish but portuguese is actually alien

>Dutch having any say on languages
I knew a diplomat kid named Tico in high school and when he and his family talked it sounded like they were grinding stones in their mouth

Written yes. Spoken no. Unless they speak really slow.

>Portuguese: it's like Vladimir Kurwachok speaking spanish with a brazilian accent
>French: it's like a gay versión of catalan, itself the gayest language in the world. Basically unintelligible due to extreme queerness
>Italian: sounds so friendly you want to hug itanons even when they're saying voglio rompere il tuo cazzo stronzo.

Written and spoken spanish are perfectly understandable to me. I don't understand Italian at all apart from a few words. My grandma only speaks italian and very broken portuguese so I've never really had a real conversation with her

indeed nig

Attached: Évora_1d-portugal_reconquist025010400.png (469x556, 64K)

youtu.be/80rE2Uayb6g

Attached: Screenshot_20190303-153052.png (1280x720, 836K)

Attached: mourao.png (413x434, 35K)

>north portugal
>portugal at all

>portuguese pronunciation is further away from other romance languages than spanish is
portuguese phonetic is similar to the occitano-romance languages like catalan and occitan

Portuguese has more Celtic pronunciation and Germanic words as opposed to Spanish which has more Arabic words, that's just a fact

Yeah, it's like a magic power we have..

Romanian: Hold my beer..

although I do not know if the other Spanish speakers can understand Italian perfectly or at least some words, because I grew up speaking Spanish and Italian as my native languages

Portuguese it's a little bit complicated but if they speak slowly you understand

Portuguese has around 1000 words of Celtic origin, 600 of Germanic origin and 800 of Arabic origin. Spanish has 2000 words of Arabic origin. I haven't found information on the number of Celtic and Germanic words in Spanish.

Are these 3 countries the best countries to live in Europe in terms of climate?
Can't stand the cold.

Indeed. I'm learning french and there's always these funny words they have, f.i for writer they say 'ecrivain' while we say 'escritor'. I'd have thought it would be 'ecriteur'. But then we also have this bit of archaic word 'escribano'. Thing is escritor=/=escribano. Escritor is an author, someone who creates original content in literature whereas escribano refers to that 500 y.o boomer nigger that wrote down whatever he was told to write down, like a medieval secretary or a bureaucrat in the royal court.

Still understandable, but french makes me smile because of things like this. Like, it needs to update its shit up.

The most funny is that mourão or moura have absolutly nothing to do with moors (from the 711).

>Moura is a homonym word with two distinct roots and meanings; one from Celtic *MRVOS, the other from Latin maurus. The word "moura", (moira, maura) (medieval: mora) feminine of "mouro", is thought to originate from the Celtic *MRVOS and the indo-european mr-tuos that originated in Latin the word mortuus and in Portuguese/Galician the word morto (dead). Some authors think that the mouras are the deceased.

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enchanted_Moura

but how would a south american know anything about europe

Yes, for the most part.
Have a look at Catalan, it's like a mix between Spanish and Portuguese.

>Spanish has 2000 words of Arabic origin.

ironically most of those words aren't arabic but they come from sanskrit, persian, greek or aramic

We don't know much, yeah. But we DO know certain things, that you aren't white, for example.

Some sources listed 4000 words. I've picked the most conservative number I found.

More brazilian non-sense. The only region really populated by celts was in south Portugal by the Celtici in alentejo. north portugal had pre celtic population, indo-european that was Celtisized, like the lusitanians in the center.

Attached: ancient2_iberia_celts3__hispania20.jpg (801x583, 357K)

We have the same. Scrittore vs scriba and scrivàno.

yea monkey yea

Attached: 1me_portuguese_23_and_me_resultdna0049-0b0912-200.png (604x575, 22K)

what I mean is words like aceituna, albondiga or naranja were introduced by arabs, but if you check the etymology they aren't arabic words in origin

>87.3% Southern European
Meus pêsames

Attached: genemap4.jpg (821x492, 136K)

spanish yes, italian a bit. I imagine I could pick up italian in less than a year if I lived there.

we also have escriba, but it's used for the people that worked as bureaucrats in ancient Egypt or Sumer

May be the reason on why the estimate varies so much, between 2000 and 4000 words. Depends on the definition on what's considered to be an Arabic word.

thanks, at least not a monkey

Attached: genetic_00-_sample-proxi-_similarity19_from_portugal-0102w21121-024.png (353x510, 26K)

dutch is easily the ugliest language of Europe, it sounds like you're trying to clear your throat. Even polish sounds better than dutch

We also escriba. It's like escribano but even more archaic, like refering to that 2000 y.o boomer taking ieroglyphich notes in a papyro in the court of the egyptian pharaoh

Attached: callmenonwhite.png (259x195, 19K)

Wow like 5% of our people look human, we're whiter than euros xD

t. Brown braziloid

monkey top of pops projection

Attached: ho2m_1murd_rates_braz_portug200nb0310.jpg (700x922, 362K)

Yes.

Exactly that.

>Can Italians, Spanish, Portuguese understand each other's language naturally?

As a Castilian native speaker (Castellano/castilian = Español/spanish) Yes, if you have previous exposure to the other languages you can communicate with the other two speaking slowly and using cognates.

I still remember 1 month ago i was working and two brazilian women asked for directions and nice places to visit, it was a very fluent conversation.

Tip* For some reason i got exposed in a very early stage of my life to "Old Castilian" (thx mom) and the spanish from "latam" come directly from "classical Spanish", you can found some phrases from "classical castilian" in rural areal of Chile and in Chiloe Island.

I can't understand a word of portoguese but spanish is pretty easy to at least understand

Could be a reason

I can read and understand most of Portuguese and italian without even learning it.

I can't understand anything, surprisingly.

>hey Romania, are you Latin?
>"Da"

Attached: Romania Freedom and Justice.png (1280x720, 1.06M)

hmm ok i see

youtube.com/watch?v=BN9Q1sPI2y0

all three languages are from the same families, so anyone can understand in written almost everything.

Listening is more complicated, basically because of pronunciation and use of grammar formulas and more colloquial expressions. Portuguese will understand more Spanish, because they have shit TV and listen to spanish broadcast all their lives.

In all, if you belong to any of these countries, you can learn the other one in about 6 months.

Portuguese is similar, they understand us better than we understand them, if they speak very slowly I think we can understand each other in many things.
Italy more or less the same but I think we understand each other equally, many Italian singers also sing in Spanish to open themselves to a bigger market and they don't have any difficulty doing so, I think Italian is easier to understand than Catalan.
We don't understand French easily, the pronuntiation is too different, and same deal with Romanian.