How much can Slavs understand other Slavic languages?

How much can Slavs understand other Slavic languages?

Could a Russian understand anything in Serbian?

Attached: Russia.png (1707x1041, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a5ovUJXvi3c
youtube.com/watch?v=Pik2R46xobA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

haha nice map

haha nice map

Russians are not Slavs and they don't understand Slavic languages.

the other two baltic languages (lithuanian and slavic) sound like gibberish to me

haha nice map

West Slavic languages are pretty mutually intelligible. At least Polish and Czech are anyway.

map should include east germany too

I believe Slavic languages diverged relatively recently which would explain why there is such a high degree of mutual intelligibility

Yeah, not at all

I don't understand other slavic languages at all, not even Kashubian

>why there is such a high degree of mutual intelligibility
But there isn't.

A Polish person will not understand Russian or any of the South Slavic languages.

They might pick out a few words, but they certainly won't understand conversations.

>not at all
Incorrect

Russians are the French of Eastern Europe (niggers)
dare I say they're almost as bad as Poland

Does Euro Portuguese sound slavic lads.

youtube.com/watch?v=a5ovUJXvi3c

Attached: 1459498445354.jpg (460x397, 39K)

Couple of words here and there. Usually it's enough to understand about what was the phrase.
Some languages are better understood in written form, because otherwise they sound like a jew reptilian from planet Nibiru faking human speech (wink wink Poland)

Attached: 1549516781207.jpg (112x112, 2K)

>Euro Portuguese
Just say Portuguese, you fucking cunt. It's your language, own it.

we understand any words from other slav language

This, pretty much.

Since Hungarian vocablurary is so slavic, I can understand almost everything in Slavic and vice versa.

Halál minden büdös patkány élősködő szláv kutyára. See it's easy. Means that glory to the brotherhood among Slavs.

I can understand Brazilians with no issue
but what the fuck I can't understand shit from you guys

I can get quite a lot of South Slavic languages, I can understand a lot of word in East Slavic languages, but West Slavic languages are tough, especially Polish.

Any word? Roža, čas, kot?

the understanding goes in this direction, the closer the country is on this line the better they can understand each other

Attached: 1551635011264.png (1707x1041, 204K)

I understand these three.

>Roža, čas, kot?

cas is time and kot is cat? i know some polish

Well, what do you think they are?

Rose, time, cat.

Only partly right. I'd like to see what the Russian thinks they are.

Yes. Thank god we're not slavshit. We're closer to balts than to you lot.
However the second part of your statement is incorrect
We understand ukrainian and I personally can understand 30-40% of written czech.

>conversations
Depends on what kind of conversation really. If it's a convo between two kids they'll most likely understand each other.

for example i heard that we can speak with slovaks in croatian, but with czechs we have to switch to english

i spoke with czechs in prague in serbian, dunno where you got that from

rose hour cat

nice bait map you faggot fuck subhuman slav slave lover

Yeah, these are completely different. It's flower, time and corner/angle.

low quality b8

You have slavic genetics.

Ive learned Russian at school, so I can understand it. Otherwise I wouldn't. I can also understand some slovak, czech and polish when they speak slowly and talk about basic stuff.

Nice straw man, idiot

>roža
even though my grandmas and mom use "rožica" for flower I still thought I was just rose

What? Isn't Bulgarian super close to Russian?

*it was just

Prague is only 70% Czech, they were probably slovaks

I was in Montenegro with school and we communicated in English

idk, i know it's very different from ukrainian

russia has some finno ugric genes but that doesnt make them finno ugric

>cas is time and kot is cat? i know some polish
Poжa, чac, кoт.

Tвoя oчepeдь. Пpoчитaй этy фpaзy бeз oнлaйн пepeвoдчикa.

Rose is vrtnica (or the colloquial gautroža or gautrža). And cvet means the blossom.

a Pole who hasn't learned any other language is going to understand English more than Russian, simply from how accessible the language is
Czech and Slovak are very similar
Russian/Belarusian/Ukrainian are intelligible to a quite high degree

overall, not very much

>Tвoя oчepeдь.

First word is yours (same in Polish). I don't recognize the second word but I'm guessing it's turn based on the context.

>Пpoчитaй этy фpaзy бeз oнлaйн пepeвoдчикa.

Read this phrase without online something (I'm guessing translator)

All of the words I guessed were similar to Polish with the exception of phrase. I got that from knowing English.

Genes is the only thing that matter. By hating your neighbouring slavs you hate yourself.

Attached: IMG_8880.jpg (1213x551, 96K)

I remember more than one of my Russian friends said they can understand written Bulgarian pretty well. Even I can understand Bulgarian better than Serbian or Slovakian and I only speak a little Russian.
At least I definitely don't think it's the furthest away from Russian.

but by that logic only 30% at the maximum could i self hate you dumb fucking slave

Bulgarian sounds exactly like Russian only words are gibberish so you understand about 5-10% or so.

I speak Serbian, I can't understand shit when Russians speak, but I understand almost all of it when I'm reading their texts.

Only slavic tongue I can understand when spoken is Slovakian, then again, it's touted as the closest thing to Medjuslovjanski

also by your surname logic only 400 000 people could self hate

You're a retard, mate.

Attached: IMG_3368.jpg (1173x1966, 445K)

no you are frankly a faggot retard. what the fuck is that supposed to even prove? do you also think that theres an actual slavic gene?

Tы пoляк?

as a slav (eastern German) I can't understand slavic languages other than Polish prostitutes saying their prices

I'm not from Poland but I have Polish heritage, yes.

rofl I couldn't make out a single word of that alien cryptomongol speak

Attached: 1550654691248.png (600x600, 109K)

based and the only slavic word was kutya and slav
simply epic

Mutt

You're like half slav(russian) and you hate slavs.
It's an autosomal DNA test result.
And no, most Russians (central+southern) aren't different from ukrainians genetically.
Southern russians have finnic genes, they're like 25% finnish.

Attached: IMG_7290.jpg (643x2013, 275K)

Yeah, I couldn't tell the difference for a long time.
According to this it's even closer than Ukrainian, but I guess this doesn't exactly reflect how easy it is to understand, but mainly considers grammar.

Attached: HwyPg.jpg (841x601, 71K)

>Southern russians have finnic genes
Northern russians, ofc.

From a Russian/Ukrainian native's perspective: written and spoken Belarusian is the closest, then there's Polish (quite a high degree of intelligibility if it's just written, much less if they speak), and when it comes to other West Slavic/South Slavic languages I can only pick up some words but almost never the entire phrase. Some words sound similar (or even the same) but mean different things.

>We understand ukrainian
That's because you are constantly bombarded with it by TV propaganda.

I never paid much mind to this chart considering it places Slovene closer to Albanian than any of the languages that are actually part of the Balkan sprachbund alongside Albanian

why are slavshits so braindead. You have no idea of how genes work. theres no slavic gene you moron since if there was then south slavs would have it aswell by the tons. and all peoples are mixed genetically. By your logic that person is also an anatolian an iberian and central and eastern european at the same time

Rofl, this reminds me of how my mother almost matried a hungarian, but instead she chose to marry a montenegrin BVLL and actually have viable offspring. Everyday I thank my dinaric genes for giving me alpha status from birth.

It's a funny thing with Bulgarian, because Bulgarians created their language from scratch in 19th century, since their dialects were so heavily turkified so they didn't resemble a Slavic language. So obviously, since Russia liberated them from the Turkish yoke, they borrowed most of the words from Russian, especially "sophisticated" words used in the official language, while the colloquial language kept more basic South Slavic words.

Therefore, lexically official Bulgarian is 80% the same like Russian, not even similar, just the same (it has very different grammar though). Even more than English is "romanized". On the other hand, colloquial Bulgarian is much more similar to Serbian.

Knowing Russian well and Serbian a little, I can read Bulgarian wikipedia with 70% understanding, while when I read Bulgarian comments on sites or facebook posts I can understand very little and mostly only the parts that use Serbian-related words.

I think he meant cypжик, I doubt Russians hear a lot of actual Ukrainian.
But nah, they're not that different, and the fact that Ukrainian has a relatively simple phonology contributes to their understanding of it

In Polish corner/angle is "kąt" so it's still similar

Polish here. Went to Lisbon last summer. From a distance, it does sound like people are speaking some slavic language, but when you get up close, it becomes clear that it isn't.

I don't care about tv, I'm not a 60 year old babushka. Who cares about what two impoverished shitholes yell at each other? It's all just destruction anyway.

Russian sounds like rural Eastern Polish dialects, it's really easy to understand. Ukrainian is harder though, because of its different phonetics and shifts in sounds like 'o -> i' or 'g -> h'

Paradoxically, Czech is harder to get than Russian. Slovak is slightly easier.

Kut/kutok in Ukrainian
A lot of scientific terminology in Ukrainian borrows from either Old Polish or from other euro langs thru Old Polish.

Slav genes are a thing, like it or not. You're a dumb fucking peasant, my dood.
Read up on the genetic studies on your people.

Attached: IMG_5455.png (1069x1270, 321K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Pik2R46xobA

that's probably the distance of the whole slavic group to albanian. distances within groups seem correct

Hmmm, interesting. The one thing I remember distinctly that my Bulgarian and Russian friends were talking about was a post about Bulgarian politics, so then it makes sense that they would understand that pretty well.

Western Bulgarian is basically serbian/northeastern macedonian. Eastern bulgarian is an entirely different language

Serbo-Croatian is extremely easy to learn, it's the most logical Slavic language. Almost no grammatical exceptions, you write like you say, almost no soft consonants

They seem to have loads of soft consonants

>kot
>angle
In serb, corner is ćošak, angle is ugao.
My bosnian side calls a corner a "trokut", so thats the most similar.

>ugao
Vogel or vogal is another term for corner

trójkąt is triangle in Polish

except its not. all majority genes come from certain areas you dumbfuck and neighbouring peoples will be genetically closer to one another. but by your logic the entire world can be slav since slavs have some non slav genes which means that those nonslavs are just like them.

>Western Bulgarian is basically serbian/northeastern macedonian. Eastern bulgarian is an entirely different language

Let's not exaggerate, there are gradual changes between Torlakian dialects, Macedonian dialects, west Bulgarian and east Bulgarian dialects but they're not that different to be called separate langauge.

Comparing to Polish or Russian, it's very few. Just think that Russians need a special sign in their alphabet to mark softness because it's so common so creating separate letters for soft versions of consonants would make the alphabet unreadable.

Which of your neighboring countries do you feel are most similar to Hungary?

>all majority genes come from certain areas
Yeah. From Adam and Steve.
>neighbouring peoples will be genetically closer to one another
Yeah. Therefore you're basically half slav because your neighbours are slavs.
>by your logic
Nope, that's your thoughts.

Attached: IMG_5060.jpg (678x1959, 209K)

>neighbouring peoples will be genetically closer to one another
>NOT ONE DROP OF SL*V(E) BLOOD IN ME
In what sense? None of them are too similar tho

Maybe if you're a foreigner. I still have problems with "ije"&"je" in the standard language because of how my native dialect pronounces those words.

In Polish we use the word "węgieł" for the place where two walls are connected with each other in old, wooden houses, so basically an angle, but very specific.

Attached: 200px-Weglo1.jpg (200x150, 10K)

Kat and ugao must be interchangeable then, considering triangle is trougao in serbian.
I don't know what Makes and Bulgars use for those words, but I would assume something similar to ours.

You don't use "kut"?

your thought is that theres a pure slavic gene which isnt true

>I still have problems with "ije"&"je"

Ok, so I change my post:

Serbian is extremely easy to learn, it's the most logical Slavic language. Almost no grammatical exceptions, you write like you say, almost no soft consonants*

now you shouldn't have problems with ije/je, since it's always "e".

Quality of life and culture. Any cunt come close to feeling like home?