AK47 vs AR15

Which rifle is the better investment anons? Help me decide. Which one is more fun on the range?

Attached: download.jpg (318x159, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

academy.com/shop/pdp/smith-wesson-m-p15-sport-ii-55mm-nato-semiautomatic-rifle#repChildCatid=3394306
gunbroker.com/item/777746785
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-7-phosphate-classic-rifle-kit-5165448467.html
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-lower-safe-fire-1728.html
palmettostatearmory.com/wheeler-engineering-brass-punch-set-8-piece.html
youtu.be/p8sY5CQmlHI
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m4-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-moe-ept-freedom-rifle-with-rear-mbus-516446600.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ak47 bounces everywhere but it’s more dependable

AR15 has very low recoil but it will jam frequently

Attached: lol11371.png (660x713, 218K)

Hmm. I see. How much is the difference in recoil? What about longevity?

Ak more fun by quite a bit, AR more practical. Neither is really more reliable in general, depends on the build quality of the particular rifle. Ak doesn't need cleaning as often

I love my AK

You want a Colt M4 Carbine. You will not be able to purchase a real Russian AK... the market is saturated with Chinese knockoffs. The "AR 15" is also a generic term that invites questionable manufacturers. The Colt M4 Carbine series however is just that, the Colt M4 Carbine series... no guess work and the finest rifle America has to offer.

It depends on the AK and AR dude. there can both be shitty ass AKs and ARs. A good AKM you want something like an arsenal. AR get a colt. Personally, I prefer the AK74s. I own an AKS-74u.

Youre fucking retarded. This must be a troll post. MAK90 AKs are great. Chinese, russian, bulgarian, polish, yugo. Any AK is good as long as it's not IO inc or RAS47. you'll want a foreign made receiver and barrel. Also you can buy a real russian AK as well it's just not worth the price.

>Chinese knockoffs

Attached: brainletreality.png (657x539, 110K)

Ar for operator status, but the Ak is just more fun to shoot, just get both..

buy a fal
~love, Jow Forums

Attached: pix059301640.jpg (640x480, 72K)

Sure if you want a huge ass napoleonic line infantry rifle.

>Too weak to use a 10 pound weapon

Attached: index.jpg (332x152, 16K)

I just want to have fun on the range. Dassit man.

Right now I'm thinking between century arms AK47 ($800) or S&W AR15 ($700)

Why do you want such a rifle? What are you going to do with it? I think if you built some bombs you'd have more fun.

AR-15

If shit hits the fan then almost everyone will have 5.56 because its the de facto NATO round. The one's from the sixties used to jam but that's not a problem anymore. As long as you keep it kinda clean and oiled it will be fine. Plus its accurate out to 500m whereas the AK is only accurate to 300m.

AR15 has lower recoil. Longevity isn't an issue if you buy high quality.

>will jam frequently

That's a meme. I picked on up after an IED explosion and managed to put 2 magazines through it even though it had a ruptured gas tube and bent barrel.

Love my Colt.

You seem fairly knowledgeable and balanced. What do you think of the gun in the link below:

academy.com/shop/pdp/smith-wesson-m-p15-sport-ii-55mm-nato-semiautomatic-rifle#repChildCatid=3394306

AK47 for the simple fact that ammo is readily available.

I don't fall for the "Shtf everyone has an AR so that's what you need" meme. By the time everything has gone to shit and youre still alive you'll have looted an AR off some dead guy. the WASRs can be okay. I'd never pay $800 for one. For like $100~$200 more you could get an arsenal slr107 or a nice Atlantic Arms build. just whatever you do DON'T BUY AN IO INC. The ammo availability is also a meme. you can just mailorder whatever you need for a better price to boot.

So which gun is your preference or recommendation for a first time rifle owner?

Sport 2 is (from what I'm seeing) one of the best budget ARs you can pick up, surprisingly accurate, trigger is so-so but not bad, it's got the little features that the 1 lacked, and it's one of if not the most popular rifle in the US. I'm looking at one myself for the very near future.

How is 7,62 more readily available than 5,56 in the US?

Get an AK caliber AR

Assuming you're a fellow burger....
AK is way more fun. AR's are boring as fuck to shoot
AK is *generally* more durable/reliable, but AR is close enough
AR has an astronomical advantage in customization and parts availability, and ammo availibility. In a SHTF scenario, you're going to want an AR.

>AK is *generally* more durable/reliable, but AR is close enough
i will qualify this with "as long as you don't buy shit-tier rifles and parts"...goes for both rifles.

An AK because it's easier to clean. Also from an investment standpoint, imports will always end up going higher in value. The AR market is oversaturated as fuck. They can barely give them away. Also the AR can be a bitch to clean. You can also use whatever cheap steel case ammo in an AK. ARs can be cool man. I was just never that into them.

The Norinco (milled) AK is absolutely investment grade. VEPR will hold value. Arsenal has increased. Folder aks will increase. Yugos, hungarians. Saiga, who knows.

Also american ak production will probably in year be excellent.

The .30 caliber 7.62, or any thirty other cal, is always more fun to shoot, and for terminal effect, than the .22 rifle cartridges.

Their main advantage is more rounds for less weight. The .223, the little armalite, is for professional supply chains and armorers require special tools. But you can build one that weighs 5 lbs, AK will be at least 7.

WASRs used to be like $400 just a few years ago.

>>Jow Forums
You must go back

M&P sport 2 and ruger AR 556 are good to go. If you can spend a little more get a colt LE 6920, itll hold its value better. All three of those are plenty good enough for a first rifle. If you want something nicer youre better off building, but for your first rifle the m&p sport is a good choice user. Just dont buy a shit airsoft optic to throw on top. Learn the irons or buy quality glass.

.223 and 5.56 ammo is pretty fucking cheap and easy to stockpile. Get the AR.

Look who's talking

The media goes after AR 15s every time a sperg shoots up a school, so it's got that sexy media recognition factor.

You can get that AR for less online. Probably the AK too

DO NOT BUY CENTURY-MADE AK'S
this includes RAS. they WILL fall apart on you, possibly dangerously.

WASR's are IMPORTED by century, not built, so they are perfectly fine. Anything actually made by them is total garbage.

Got it. What do you think of S&W made AR15?

This is the wrong board but I like my Kreb's Custom AK74.

If you are in a Shithole get a Ak, if you are in a NATO country get a AR. Not difficult .

What about the NATO shitholes that use AKs?

We're talking investments though. They just happen to be guns.

Hard most of them still use Galil's which is a .308 and not AK or AR but they do use the rounds and guns from rebels.

perfectly fine for the money. had the previous m&p sport model before the 2 came out, never had a single issue with it but ended up selling it to panic buyer around election season because it was just boring and i wanted other stuff

Low brow cheap imitation gun owners. Some people have way more class than others.

Its really a crap shoot with WASR's, you either get a really good one or a shitty one. I was lucky, paid $600 for mine and the shit is great, sights are straight instead of canted and haven't had it jam on me yet, the only problem is some magazines wont fit, but I found that the magpul MOE's fit perfect

Romania/Bulgaria/Hungary and probably some of the other eastern euros still use AK variants.

pretty much all the issues the older WASR's had have been fixed now. Still worth it to inspect before buying, but you shouldnt run into anything major these days

Shit I forgot about East blok Nato, I was thinking Africa/South America.

Nice trips. Its allright, the big east block NATO countries like Poland have switched already.
And the rest are usually using local variant of the AK.

you realize that the AK was developed and manufactured in the east, right? they've been getting it right for a lot longer than any American manufacturer's shitty attempt, you ignorant brainlet.

Attached: 1531074528743.jpg (588x823, 69K)

I built my own Romanian ak it was fun. all together it was around $600

eh maybe about $500-550. I cant remember how much I paid for the receiver, but it was surprisingly cheap

I will be picking up my ammo from dead commies. after the 10k rounds I currently have are used up

OP, I don't know what people have been saying but an AR15 is your best bet. Buy a stripped lower receiver for $50 and order one of these kits, then spend the rest of the money on an optic and ammo/shooting supplies. A PSA AR costs about $500, for another $150 you can get a decent close range optic and use the rest for ammo/earpro/targets/range gear

Attached: psa kit.jpg (1200x555, 64K)

The hidden best choice is an ak-47 in 5.56 NATO. best of both worlds. I think it's ak-114 or 104 or something in between, I can't remember.

it's AK-101 and the real answer youre looking for is the all mighty AK74.. ALSO AR-15 IS NOT AN INVESTMENT GRADE FIREARM AT ALL. it's a terrible investment.

What do you think of just getting the following instead of building myself:

gunbroker.com/item/777746785

ak-101.

in the states you can get it as a saiga .223. they are made by kalishnakov concern on the same equipment as an ak-101, it just has a hunting stock so be it could be legally imported

of course Obama fucked that up, but that's also how mine went up 2x in value since I purchase
and for the record an ak in 5.56 is light-years better than an AR in 7.62. nothing wrong with an AR in 5.56 however, I've got one of those two.

having both, I prefer the ak, but only slightly. honestly, idk. it's a fucking tie once you take the caliber out of the question. I like the ak cause it doesn't give a fuck what you do, but a broken in AR is quite reliable as long as it's lubed. more customizeable, but that means more complicated too.

problem with an ak-74 is what if us-russia relations continue to deteriorate over the next decades? with a 101 you'll never have to worry about ammo shortage. and as long as there is imports then you can get russian .223 for as cheap as 5.45

those are airsoft quality optics. I have a red dot from vector and it works, but it's definitely shit and I wouldn't expect it to survive a 4 foot drop. if ars had any recoil at all just shooting it would break it. so don't think you're getting a crazy deal, they are basically free, Chinese approximations of optics.

I haven't heard much bad about the rifle though. assembled mine from parts for a little less. honestly if you can't put the parts of an ar together .... shits made for sub 85 iq grunts to be able to handle

Russia isn't the only place that makes the ammo or exports it. 5.45 from russia was shitcanned years ago and it fucked the market up because everyone was being a babby about it thinking corrosive surplus ammo was the only good thing about the caliber or the platform because it was like $60 for 1080rds.

same thing happened to the AKM/47 in the 90s as well. and look where we are. It's just because "ar-15 5.56" meme that 5.45 doesn't get the same attention.

The sight looks like some no name shit, no idea if it's any good. You could save $300 waiting for a cheap PSA kit to be sold and buying a stripped lower, then buy the rest of that stuff for $150-200.

i dislike pol fags too but Jow Forums is ok, stop being a queer

you think you can tell Jow Forums what to do?
Jow Forums thinks they own Jow Forums.
Jow Forums knows it.

Buy both. Only a stupid nigger would not buy both now that ammo and guns are cheap.

Do not give anyone you personally know advice on firearms ever.

MEME tier knowledge. Unless you plan on burying your rifle into the ground for 10 years, AR 15 is just as reliable.

AK is way overpowered for home defense and and 7.62 rounds cost more than 5.56 if you are going to spend a lot of time at the range. An AR also has a lot more customization options vs AK.

>armalite requires special tools
>but aks dont
try changing the barrel, stock or rear sight tower on an ak. on an ar you just buy your component and stick it in

Dont get a RAS47

Get a wasr if youre on a budget

Get an arsenal, vepr, or polish wbp build if you have some money to spend

I love this thread. good AR points here, but a few of my buddies from the army and the marines did also say the AR jams a lot. they also own AK's.... and AR's lol. I don't know from experience, but I don't think I'll ever get an AR cause I think the AK just looks cooler and I got my eyes on an AUG for my next buy

Yeah man, I bet you’re a real fuckin commando kek

Watch out fellas we got a door kicking 18x cowboy over here

Hey guys! Live in a state that's not fucked and want to get in to the fun sport of being armed?

Build your own AR-15! You can have yourself a fully functional firearm for about $400. How?

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-7-phosphate-classic-rifle-kit-5165448467.html
>PSA 16" MID-LENGTH 5.56 NATO 1/7 PHOSPHATE CLASSIC RIFLE KIT - 5165448467
This kit has almost everything you need. It has trigger components, barrel, stock, grip, upper, everything

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-lower-safe-fire-1728.html
This is the lower and where things get complicated. The kit above can be purchased and sent like a normal package and it doesn't count as a firearm. This piece is the regulated part and needs to be shipped to a licensed dealer who will have you fill out a background check.

palmettostatearmory.com/wheeler-engineering-brass-punch-set-8-piece.html
This punch set will help with assembly and is a good tool to have as you begin to own this platform.

AR-15 - Detailed Step By Step Assembly / Build Instructions (HD)
youtu.be/p8sY5CQmlHI
Don't want to build your own?
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m4-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-moe-ept-freedom-rifle-with-rear-mbus-516446600.html
$500.00

Attached: ar.png (1028x803, 138K)

i own and AK and as a collector prefer it a lot
anything with nice wood furniture is a lot more pleasing and desirable than some shitty plastic garbage

however as for the range, a lot of 7.62 ammo is bimetallic, and contains steel which means a lot of gun range owners will get really pissy about firing them there

trying to get brass 7.62 is a pain in the ass