Question for you arkies out there

So lets say i own a company, or a website, or whatever, and i wanted to have my own blockchain. The ARK ecosystem would enable me to create one with a few mouse clicks, set all sorts of parameters (if wanted) and then actually deploy it. Can i name that personal blockchain? And will i be required to pay a certain amount of ARK for the creation of my own chain?

Also, what differentiates ARK from SKY Fiber? If i understand it correctly, both will clone their host blockchain?

Attached: 2342564765866574.png (256x256, 7K)

of course you can name it
yes, you pay ark to do this
Sky Fiber is an internet provider? that's a little different

NO, YOU DONT PAY.
Its free.

Ark is unironically one of the few coins besides BTC that is going to make it.

So am i correct in saying that i could save myself hundreds of thousands of dollars and a shitload of manhours, and that i can create my own highly advanced chain right this instant for just $1.28?

How many ARKs does it take, just one, a hundred, a thousand?

What is it that gives value to the ARK token then? If they would require 1 ARK for each chain created, this coin would have been $300 instead of $1.28 right now.

Developing a serious blockchain costs a shitload of money and manhours, and ARK just gives it away for free while they could bank their way to heaven if they monitized the chain creation itself, even if it would just cost 1 ark or so.

So what gives the token its value then?

In other words, is it just a utility token made for internal processes, or is it a commodity that lets me create my own chain easily with just a few clicks? I hope for ark's sake it the latter... damn.

it's the latter. costs more than one ark. not too expensive though.
there will be plenty of ICOs. look at eth's value, that's what's gonna happen.
ark is what eos could only dream to be and eth is aspiring to be though sharding
it's the be all and end all of mass adoption for blockchains

It takes no Ark, you deploy and manage the chain yourself. Only costs you pay are server costs and project development costs.

Ark's instrinsic Value:
>Network fees
>Currency
>Coin swaps & attributed fees
>Funding; ICO's & escrow type services
>Store of value, spending interest gained from DPoS rewards
>Unconfirmed; ArkVM gas payment
Load up.

Attached: 1527875535574.png (360x432, 84K)

user, thanks for answering. So let me get this perfectly straight then:

In order for me to create my own blockchain, i am required to spend a minimum of 1 ARK.

Is that right mate?

my understanding that there was a small admin fee because your chain's first block has to be processed by the mainchain to a tiny extend.
but this might be old news as two anons say it doesn't take ark. which I find odd.
however, ICO funding will be collected in ark which is what's 100% responsible for eth's increase in value

Wat. You don't have to pay to spin up an ark blockchain. Who's going to make you since you're the one hosting it?

No, Skycoin is a platform.
Skywire is the network.
Fiber is Skycoin's cloneable blockchain where every project gets its own feeless blockchains.

Wow... why would the devs degrade their coin to a utility token while it could be a very valueable commodity if they just charged 1 ARK for the creation process itself?

It boggles my mind, yet it explains why this coin has been performing so badly while having some of the most awesome tech behind it.

They are not monetizing that wich gives it its actual real world value... jesus fucking christ. This explains it all.

Ark's instrinsic Value:
>Network fees
>Currency
>Coin swaps & attributed fees
>Funding; ICO's & escrow type services
>Store of value, spending interest gained from DPoS rewards
>Unconfirmed; ArkVM gas payment

This is what needs to happen for ARK to become a $500 token eoy:

The ARK coins are required to create your own chains and generate ARKgas. Then they use ARKgas for all the other things such as network fees, coin swaps, etc.

Why are they not doing this? Again, why would they give something away for free that's literally worth millions?

U need 0 ark to create and x Ark to send your scamcoin A to your friends Scamcoin B

Ranjid creates coin Absess for 0 Ark
Phil creates coin Aleggo for 0 Ark

Ranjid wants to send 5 Absess to Phil
He pay Ark for that.

so you're basically inviting trash projects and then choose to collect their generated scraps.

If they charge ARK for the creation itself, you'd invite actual quality and ARK would become the next ETH within 1 year.

I'm tempted to invest a sizable amount of money in this, but this basically is my major braking point. I just don't get why they would not monetize the very thing that gives ARK its real world value.

Point Click Blockchain. Oh btw... it's free. WTF.

Attached: 1531107600917.jpg (400x400, 32K)

How are you going to reinforce the fee, retard. Clicking "fork" cannot be hidden behind a paywall.

Because they’re stuttering potheads. Seriously there’s something wrong with a project that combines the best of Eth and EOS and yet is ranked #70 by market cap. Maybe you’re onto the reason why.

>so you're basically inviting trash projects and then choose to collect their generated scraps.

It's the better strategy. If a good coin is created on ARK, then everyone will use it. If everyone uses it, then it must undergo some trasactions and transfers. Skimming a little bit of off every transfer of one whale is a far better long term strategy than getting 1 flat fee up front for every token created. One requires infinite production and expansion. The other requires a single success to maintain viability.

True i guess. But imagine having say 200 ARK. If they would implement a creation fee of say 1 ARK per created blockchain, then i would sit on 200 technologically advanced potential blockchains. Let the market determine the value of 1 ARK, as it does now and see the price skyrocket as demand increases over the comming years. Now that's what i'd call an asset with inherent value, considering it's very expensive to create a blockchain with similar properties yourself.

Don't get me wrong, ARK is a very promising project... but i just think we would have seen much better action if they monetized the creation process itself.

Meh, time will tell.

>If they would implement a creation fee of say 1 ARK per created blockchain, then i would sit on 200 technologically advanced potential blockchains.

I see your point. It certainly is low hanging fruit. In the end, though, this project is being put together by a small team, and they probably have more than just money motivating them. It may be they decided their philosophies simply didn't align with charging for creating a token.

people have been saying this shit will moon for a year now. truth is you're desperate fucks who've been holding onto one of the worst performing alts of the past 6 months. your in denial if you think ark v2 will give you anything other than a 10% pump followed by a subsequent harder dump, just like everything else they've released. face it arktards, even though it appears like a solid project, this one just ain't a money maker.

Attached: 1513102062469.jpg (1846x784, 651K)

there was over 100k ark sell order put up earlier which was bought into and now a 50k ark sell order was just put up. some whale is dumping his bags

so you pay ark for cross chain transfers?

>Clicking "fork" cannot be hidden behind a paywall.
Why the fuck not

because it's open source

This is the main reason why they wont charge to create your own chain
Open source means free to all, if the team were to charge for using their blockchain creation service then someone could copy and paste the code and charge nothing. Gathering profit from network usage, doing it Arks way stops someone
undercutting them.
Now thats not to say Ark wont create and charge a service that makes it so that brainlets can deploy a chain no hassle, payment required in Ark and Ark used in the network, if possible.

Attached: images.jpg (323x156, 12K)

Yeh coin swaps require use of the ark mainchain, all connected chains are accessible through the wallet...Eth contract execution can be carried out using on the Ark wallet, no messing about with multiple chains.

Attached: 1530437010342.jpg (294x400, 124K)

Isn't this a memecoin?

Attached: 1530233741557.gif (300x168, 812K)

Not exactly. The tech is some of the best in crypto however the price action is some of the worst. Truly a crypto for hardcore masochists.

Some delegates choose to shill and then FUD Ark through memes, Eth had similar threads, VB injects heroin, watches CP, abusive dad, russian scamchain etc etc. But their was always an undercurrent vibe of this is good, this is going to increase adoption, I must accumulate. Its the same shit, watch Ark pull a meaningful partnership from nowhere, likely with the EU govs / EU unis, and shoot up.

I used to think it was wrong for the ARK team to create this amazing tech and not monetizing it properly, but the more I spent time with the project the more sense it made.

There are many reasons for why they did it that way and it all boils down to adoption. When you have amazing tech and low entry barrier you basically become the blockchain sandbox of the world. This will generate a lot of shit projects, but it will also generate the next killer dapp. It only takes 1-2 good dapps that require interoperability to make ARK extremely valuable. You want ARK to be in the hands of as many developers as possible because you don't know where the rabbit might jump. As a short-term strategy it kinda sucks, but long-term it's brilliant. The non-retarded of us that have seen the potential in this have been accumulating. The upside is too big and it offsets the cost of opportunity in the long-term.

Don't go all in ARK so you don't KYS when it doesn't perform as expected. Always diversify but also accumulate a healthy stash of ARK to reap the rewards in the future.

/thread

Exactly what this deluded soul said.
Take BAT for instance, likely to grow very big, might need their own chain that offers interop in the future. Ark would be a great choice, they could snapshot the current BAT network and deploy a chain & subsequent side chains to ease transaction loads. Then to secure the chain slowly hand over delegate spots to a mix of content creators, advertisers, developers and community members. Everyone is highly invested in the system, with not enough power to change directly but still enough to influence direction.
Core V2 helps projects like BAT massively multi payment features, multi sig, plugins, modular design & multi chain interop

Fucking bullshit. ICO funds can be raised in ark but are still predominantly in BTC or Eth.

It takes literally 0 Ark to launch your own chain using Ark's code base. Worthless token.

Interoperability is a fucking meme. This shit is going to zero.

If at some stage a degree of interoperability is needed the chance anyone will be looking at Ark are slim to none.

looks like the retard of the thread appeared right on time.
How about you read again what you're replying to? Sidechains deployed on ARK have native interoperability you dumb shit, hence we only need 1-2 dapps that are successful on the ecosystem to make ARK very valuable.
>hurr durr I just deployed my own blockchain using ARK but I won't use the native interoperability that it provides because I will use another solution that doesn't even exist.

We also have interoperability with non-ARK chains like BTC and ETH. It's kinda shitty right now, but you can deploy a smart contract on ETH just by using ARK. There are entire projects that focus only on interoperability and they are behind ARK. A single feature on the ARK ecosystem works better than entire projects that focus only on that feature.

Attached: 1512852192498.jpg (500x333, 56K)

A deluded Arkie runs an ICO for a GOOD project. Payment only accepted via Ark with stipulations that state after the token sale is complete the funds will be split across BTC ETH ARK etc. To mitigate financial risk and increase future profitability.
Ark funded ICOs if run properly will increase Arks value enormously.

I looked into Ark some time ago.
Creating blockchains is free.
Subchains have their own tokens.
Value of Ark is supposed to come from fee for using their bridges to communicate between blockchains.
That's it.

Creating blockchains might be fine by itself but it also creates security issues.
New tokens on subchains will be valued very low at first and market cap is actually the best protection against attacks.

Attached: attacks.jpg (909x1200, 136K)

Bitcoin is going to be able to handle interopability and everything ark can do soon enough so nobody will care about this shit by the time that happens.

>he thinks you can attack DPoS with 51% attack

Attached: 1338409250079.jpg (350x350, 28K)

Yep, no one will care that you can deploy a modular structured chain in 20 mins with multiple choice of consensus mechanism, more plugins, sdks, apis and smart contract languages than any other. Whilst offering in built interop.

Bitcoin can barely add functioning smart contracts and is currently struggling to work out a decent, decentralised scaling solution.

Go explain to your normie friends why they should use ark instead of the shitty btc version. No matter how objectively better ark is nobody will give a shit or listen to you because btc can do it too.

>dpos
>51% attack

brainlet

it seems like a sound project, and they are few and far between in crypto, but it also seems like a horrible investment. so either the team isn’t interested in promotion, or they are interested but are failing horribly. i don’t know enough to judge which one it is. but i like Arkies and hope it works out.

you are not wrong. The project is amazing and the team is solid as fuck. As an investment it's been kinda horrible but you could say the same shit about ETH when it went sideways for almost 2 years. Would you have held if you knew it will blow up to 1400$? Probably yes. Deluded ARKies believe that ARK will do something similar to ETH, but instead of basing this on speculation alone, we look at the tech and at what other projects in crypto do. The reality is that once V2 is up it will be one of the best techs in crypto. At some point there will be a reckoning and the shitcoins will be filtered. That's when the money will start to flow into projects like ARK. No hype lasts forever. That's what we're gambling on.

About the promotion thingy, they don't advertise to normies only to devs. I'm ok with this. It doesn't help me if normies FOMO into ARK, push it to 50$ and then lose interest and it drops to 10$. The real FOMO comes when developers start building real shit on the ecosystem and we're getting close to that. If you look objectively at the crypto market, there is almost no project that is better than ARK that is not complete vaporware, scam or sci-fi promises.

My normie friends arent going to be using crypto to create and deploy chains, devs are and devs care about these issues. As I said, Bitcoin CANNOT offer what Ark can, bitcoin will always be limited needing need massive intrinsic code changes.

>If if if if
Who the fuck is using Ark, huh? That's right. Only shit tier sideshows like Persona.

I smell your LISK-bags from here you obnovious faggot

>Persona
>Kapu
>Blockpool
>EduCTX - an EU approved HEI credit transfer system.
>Cesirae
>Swapblocks
4+ community projects being built using Ark, plus the team projects ...cant put a number on it since they are just promises yet.
Matt DC, an Ark dev wants to build a FPS dapp that uses Ark as the in game currency, in game acquired items can be traded across dapps, got a favourite gun skin? You can now use it on x, y & z game too.

ARK is a shitcoin and hasn't had a devnet for over a month. Also the token is useless, stupid bagholders.

Come off it chuck, devnet's there for that exact reason to run, test, make changes run, test make changes. They're making changes, current issues mainly centre around back compatibility with V1.

OP here. I did some further research the last 5 hours or so and you lads managed to convice me... just bought my first 1000 ARK.

I can honestly say ARK is one of the best crypto's on the entire market, tech wise. We'll see what the price will do the comming years.

Don't forget to vote so you get paid for holding ark

Damn Pajeets talking about a fucking Ponzi shitcoin

>I did some further research the last 5 hours
>I can honestly say ARK is one of the best crypto's on the entire market
Wow 5 whole hours. Thanks professor.

I don't have to hold that lisk trash to know that Ark is nothing more than a hobbyist project with a way overvalued market cap.

On ark alone.

wowee

Crap, like I said.