Former truck driver here. Ask me anything

Former truck driver here. Ask me anything.

Attached: semi-smaller1.jpg (1000x450, 434K)

Why did u stop

What is your favorite brand of truck? Who makes the best trucks? and who makes the best trailers?

how afraid are truck drivers of being out of their jobs within 10 years from autonomous trucks?

How's the stress levels? Not having to talk to or interact with anyone to make a living is my ultimate goal in life.

HOW MANY TIMES DID U GET HEMORRHOIDS

Do you have bladder control issues? I know a former driver that has them.

are those truck stop girls hot and clean?

Did you pay out of pocket to go to a CDL school or did you do one of those deals where a trucking company pays you to train for the CDL in return for working for them for a year or so?

Do all truckers fuck 18 year old puss at truck stops?

did you use tobacco or any other drugs

Ok. So the thing about trucking is it's great for people that are loners and don't want to interact with many people. you will have to talk to the receiving people are the warehouses you deliver to and on occasion the state police that pull you over just to ruin your day.

stress. it can get stressful. uneless you are an owner op. you are on the companies time so that means to drive when they say. that could be at night in the rain through some pretty shitty traffic. it can get stressful.

other dangers are truck stops have some pretty sketchy people hanging around. i've gotten into a few confrontations. but for the most part it's relatively safe. except for road dangers of course. crashes happen and with big rig trucks they are fatal a lot of the time.

Has anyone ever tried to rob you?

Have you ever been in a crash?

probably at least 5 years away, and even then companies might want a real person guarding the truck, or congress might pass a law requiring someone in the truck lol
from what i hear its just boring as fuck. waiting for loads is the worst part. and the pay is pretty terrible so most young people don't want to do it

24 yo former trucker here also I found weed to be more of a upper for me than cocaine but I would alternate the two

Hey I’m about to get my CDL here one I’m clean any wisdom to share?

>waiting for loads

Attached: 755EE408-9DE2-4E02-BED6-77A50DC7C95A.jpg (682x1023, 99K)

Where were you born?
Where were you raised?
Name two things that you crave

Current trucker here. I've paid for a BJ from a qt Asian at a legal brothel in Winnemucca, NV. I have yet to see a truck stop whore that I would put my dick in without it being wrapped in an entire roll of duct tape. I did see a fat negress in Little Rock wearing only a tank top shirt and high heels. Not sure if she was having a bad night or a really good one.
Self driving trucks can't deal with weather like rain or fog yet. Even without legislation protecting jobs, they're >5 years out.

No.

I paid $3,000 to attend truck driving school in 2007 where i received my certification and my CDL class A.

But yes companies will pay you to do that. The reason i went the trucking school route was i wanted the ability to pick and choose which company i went with. when i graduated the school had a ceremony and recruiters where there from all the big name companies. you just picked the one you wanted and signed on the dotted line.

If you go the company paid route you may end up owning them if you don't like the job and quit before a year or two is up. so do your homework.

No. but if a thief is smart he knows truckers keep very little cash on hand. truckers are paid via direct deposit because they live on the road and can't go to a bank every week to deposit checks. thus they carry very little cash.

What do you think about Block Array?

Attached: Block-Array-price-prediction.png (465x198, 8K)

Is it true 9 out 10 get colon cancer ?

The heat from the engine goes up and penetrates your ass.

Coming from a friend who went to school and said fuck that

I'm sure youll never admit to it

Just like cops have highest suicide rate but it's not disclosed to the public.

America

Hammer down bucko

Confirm please. And be honest how much does it burn after sitting for so long. Science also proves that exercise is futile. Robots are coming . Automated to the max

Oh you

Attached: 1523063216882.jpg (500x300, 50K)

I fucking hate you assholes and can't wait until you're replaced with machines and off the roads.

Truckers probably sprinkle Metamucil on their diner breakfasts at 4am.

Savage

As for health. i only did the job a while. but if you do it a long time you can have health problems. you are essentially living in a box on wheels. you will drive like 5 or more hours a day and on your break you are too tired to do anything but sleep.

i idled the shit out of my Volvo truck. i remember i went an entire month once without ever turning it off. it was companys truck so quit frankly i didn't give a shit.

>Muh machines will replace you ree

Lol not in your lifetime kiddo stay triggered cagie wagie

Attached: IMG_20170601_083851.jpg (1440x2560, 987K)

Is there any room for being your own boss in having a cdl?

The beetus is way more likely. About 2/3 of drivers smoke and get no exercise,so heart disease is rampant as well. That explanation for colon cancer is on the level of Africans thinking that raping a baby cures AIDS, btw.

i only pulled 53' dry vans. i had a volvo automatic truck. it was nice but sometimes it refused to shift correctly. it looked excatly like the one in my pic.

Not unless you own your own tractor and pull for landstar. and i don't mean fake OO like company lease plan BS. i mean like you literally buy your own truck. but good luck because they are expensive as a mofo.

Amen

I'm surprised no one has asked how much money i made yet.

Ever think of driving one of these instead?

My wife drives these at a gold mine just out of town.

Attached: images (9).jpg (482x305, 23K)

that's fuckin badass. I've done some time in cranes. normies dont get that industrial machine life

op i have 140k in cash, could i buy a semi and hire a slave to drive for me? do owners make a lot? this one guy brags about how he has a truck and driver for amazon

i didn't like living on the road. it gets to you after a while.

not unless it paid good. i'd rather work in an air conditioned store and sleep in my own bed at night.

How much did you make?

This.

I got a call from a Prime Inc. recruiter and am heavily considering

Attached: 1527803236793.png (1024x1024, 1.62M)

Absoultely

back in 2007 i think i started at like 35 cpm and averaged about $450 per week. sometimes $500.

recruiters love recent grads from schools. because schools teach you so they know your not some idiot that's gonna crash their shit. you will have your pick of almost any company.

so what are the barriers to entry and typically how much do owners make?

you would probably have to carry an insane amount of insurance. insurance for the truck and for the cargo.

Yeah fair enough dude. My wife works week on week off, 12hr shifts @$45 aud an hour. ($33.20 usd) is this comparable to the states?

Absolutely deluded lel

gotcha

I just would rather they pay since I'm not trying to cash out any crypto, this is like a 2-3 year gameplan to stack cash and dollar cost average.

I enjoy menial jobs because I enjoy being alone with my thoughts and/or listening to podcasts/audiobooks for long stretches of time and I don't have much opportunity to do that other places I've worked in the past.

Attached: 1527801595162.png (621x542, 527K)

thats more than the average trucker makes in a week but driving a dump truck in a mine is a different type of job.

Like 300k/yr

r u serious? How much you need to buy a truck?

Do you truckerfag post on /o/?

How much meth have you done?

my sides

Attached: 1526531652488.jpg (400x396, 29K)

no. and im not a trucker anymore. just a guy that did it for a while and offering advice.

Was you scared of Apache or Sioux attacks?

What does your wife's son drive?

Dont get too excited. Owning a business is way more stressful than you think. Managing emplyoees being the biggest pain in the ass

i encountered a few indians. they where mostly rude and stuck up. i remember going into this one shop and asking for directions they the girl just looked at me like i was speaking chinese. so i mumble to myself "i guess you don't speak english" and she said "yes i do actually" and i was oh. your just being a cunt? they better be glad the spainiards didn't conqured this land or they would have all been exterminated.

Truck drivers are going to be the second people that autonomous cars replace. Right after cab drivers.

Remember that every time you solve a captcha you are bringing yourself closer and closer to unemployment if you are a truck or cab driver.

But it is significant. Sitting all day is what I did at my job and it fucking killed me

i've been working like almost 30 years. i've had all kinds of different jobs. one thing i can say with certanty is all jobs suck in some way or another. some jobs just suck less than other jobs. so you have to find a level suck you are comfortable with. unless you are some big shot industry pro making 6 figures then whatever. go pick your nose at your desk. you'll never know what real work is. and im not even critisizing. that's a good thing. because work is fucking gay.