/smg/ - Stock Market General

Stuck deep in HMNY edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx
money.cnn.com/data/premarket/
cnbc.com/pre-markets/

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

CNBC Live:
livenewson.com/american/cnbc-america.html
Fox Business Live:
livenewson.com/business/fox-business-network-fbn.html
Bloomberg Live:
livenewson.com/american/bloomberg-television-business.html

Basic rundown on options:
youtube.com/watch?v=TBAQtjyqNHw
youtube.com/watch?v=SuTTzfa4ePE

Previous thread:

Attached: op_is_gay.jpg (1000x562, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bogleheads.org/wiki/Three-fund_portfolio
horizonkinetics.com/cryptocurrency-research/
straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/south-koreas-lotte-to-sell-china-shops-in-face-of-boycott
robintrack.net/symbol/IQ
robintrack.net/symbol/HMNY
bloomberg.com/press-releases/2018-04-24/drone-usa-letter-to-shareholders
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for crypto

2nd for memes

Attached: biz.png (479x140, 10K)

HMNY is like a bad dream, and I CAN'T WAKE UP.

Attached: wojak_aaaaa_hat_hmny_gun.png (500x600, 235K)

first for mid-teens

VKTX with $450m SHELF OFFERING (LITERALLY IT'S OWN MC) OH SHIT SOMETHING BIG GOING TO HAPPEN

>Picking stocks
>Not just buying the low cost index fund and saving time for something else

Good luck bro, maybe you'll win here and there but few beat the market long term.

literally just buy short term ATM UVXY puts on spikes and rake in fat stacks on fear while waiting for the real thing.

Buy SQQQ, YANG, EDZ. You have been warned

If Netflix has a good earnings it will push up IQ by a dollar or two. No logical reason why, but because of the memes everyone spews about it being "The Netflix of China" will cause it. IN the same why if they are bad it will hurt a little.

Thoughts on Fidelity? Is there something I don't know

Anybody have a reasonable pt for LCI?

green day tomorrow

Attached: 7yx.png (256x250, 55K)

17 end of year seems reasonable if nothing bad happens.

$50 EOY

I can only get so erect

Attached: Capture.png (627x523, 45K)

Kinda wish it would be a red week though.

I kinda wish you'd fuck off.

Attached: cx4Cgs5.jpg (401x511, 46K)

we dont always get want we want

Still holding onto LTBR and UXIN. Give me two weeks to go +50% on LTBR and another two months to break even on UXIN.

Attached: 1465176706516.jpg (514x536, 69K)

For the uninitiated, when it hits fourteen cents per share, go all in and on margin if you have it. You will find yourself making tens of dollars

Attached: 1350454428074.png (722x647, 348K)

i have 30 shares of amazon, wwhat the fuck do i do

>Papa John's founder John Schnatter resigns as chairman of company's board after apologizing for racial slur

Bank earnings this week, will they be saved?

be happy

That's still not going to save the company unless they go through a Domino's Pizza style revival.

>Papa John himself
an elaborate plan to retire

can't imagine having to baghold this lol

Heh. I don't have to imagine. I have 300 shares ($0.30 average).

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAA.png (394x360, 144K)

>Give me two weeks to go +50% on LTBR

may take longer than thar

cmon m8 that's only like 90 bucks. I'm sure you got plenty of money to average down to sub 1cent

I'm expecting word on some of those GOVERNMENT GRANTS
(OVERNMENT GRANTS going downward would occur here)

Attached: trust adolf for the rest of your liiiiife.jpg (640x426, 67K)

Semi-Babby tier user here, I've gone through everything in the OP and have a good grasp of the fundamentals, but not sure where to go now. I've been reading just about everything on Investopedia for the last week or so, but I'm not exactly sure what stuff is important and what's not.

At this point I'm having trouble with applying most of this practically, like forming a bias on the market, building a strategy, figuring out entry/exit points, etc. Should I be focusing more on getting technical analysis and charting down? Not trying to be pro level just want to know enough to shitpost on /smg/ and not be high IQ guy.

Attached: 1492303001905.jpg (1000x800, 98K)

Hmmmmmmmmm

Bought 5 call $450 8/3 options on Netflix. Wish me luck.

Yeah, $90 is relatively nothing, especially since I already made it all back with LCI. But in retrospect, I would've gotten a better ROI by buying one of their goddamn MoviePasses.

What are you trying to do, trade short term or make money long term?

Hope this is a joke, don't buy OTM calls, especially so close to expiration. You're literally throwing money away.

You should be focusing on fundamentals and financial literacy, not ta and market timing

first learn portfolio management
bogleheads.org/wiki/Three-fund_portfolio
once you get a basic portfolio set up, then and only then consider day trading with your spare money

Did they come with a complimentary rope?

We can only hope

Holy shit took them long enough

Now how do I get my change from coinbase to Robinhood, cheapest way possible

Attached: Screenshot_20180712-001801.png (1440x2560, 176K)

I'm going to buy 20 BJs tomorrow.

Read The Intelligent Investor by Ben Graham faggot.

Charts are bullshit.

Why?

Would you sell the family business because you saw some patterns in the chart of price offers given to you by some manic-depressive drug addict? Probably not

honestly I think hiIQ was pretty funny and had some good points. His core argument 'buy random options due to a gut feeling' was obviously bullshit, tho.

If you're going to buy OTM calls, you need a catalyst. And unless Netflix is going to beat on earnings (about a 50/50 chance unless you have insider info, which will land your ass in jail with a massive fine) you're fucked. The house almost always wins on calls user

>+100% since September
what is going on with this restaurant?

I'm not recommending any action, but you should check out what Murray Stahl (famous value investor) has to say about crypto (you'll be surprised)

>(you'll be surprised)
Is that a good thing?

Short term mostly, just looking to trade with my extra dosh without being a total retard about it.

no BJ

Optimism in the United States economy is at an all time high, the market is going to fly like crazy all the way til Friday.
Remember to buy American.

Remember many of those shares may disappear into nothing come the end of july if they pull a 1:250 split >:D

Attached: 1490223196864.jpg (500x435, 62K)

Yes. He's very optimistic on crypto and even launching a mining fund.

Idk how to get in on it though

horizonkinetics.com/cryptocurrency-research/

anyone else here has call options on TWTR based on that thread on Jow Forumswallstreetbets?

Attached: smart_apu.jpg (659x525, 38K)

I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on those, just wondering what the next step is after that

Thanks friend, will check out

I read that a while back but I should probably pick it up again.

>basing your investment decisions on reddit posts

kys

Attached: 1494224753313.jpg (1000x1502, 219K)

I'm ready to let it happen.

Attached: 1522041110764.png (645x773, 93K)

If you read it already, Margin of Safety by Seth Klarman is good if you can find a pirated pdf.

Originals go for $1000+ on Ebay. Don't bother trying to buy it

> VIX futures tumbling.
> waking up to fat UVXY puts

Attached: 1499712791270.jpg (1080x1349, 231K)

buying YumC tommrow

Attached: yumc3.png (1072x550, 1.44M)

I would be very cautious of this move. The next reaction of china might be boycott maneuvers. In that kcase KFC and those stores will be empty.

its ok i figured it out, no coin transfers to robinhood are supported,
so I'd have to cash out on coinbase, then use the $$$ I get to repurchase with robinhood

im tempted to do it, but im not sure i want to taint my stock profits with the massive crypto losses

plus thats another chunk of money given to coinbase for free, which kinda defeats the purpose of moving them over (in the short term anyways)

ive made consistent gains with stocks, while crypto has been constant losses
Im not sure if its worth tainting my vaguely linearish positive robinhood worth linegraph

theres only one man whos opinion on crypto i care about, since he already made me my first profit in stocks with his MGT years ago

Attached: john-mcafee-hed-2013[1].jpg (1280x720, 211K)

proceeding with caution

they did the boycott move with Korea, Japan, and Philippines in issues with those countries. They have not done it with the USA yet.

see:
straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/south-koreas-lotte-to-sell-china-shops-in-face-of-boycott

If they do a boycott of usa goods though it would be a major escalation of the trade war and something they'd probably avoid.

Buy Campbell's lol, epic short squeeze

You think they'll boycott American cars? I heard the Chinese love Buicks. But then what are they gonna drive? German or Korean cars maybe?

who knows, they do lots of things like come up with random reasons they need to be double inspected or w.e.

They have been cautious about doing this stuff so far though.

why short squeeze?

>Real amazon

Attached: IMG_20180710_150043.jpg (5312x2988, 999K)

IQ still a buy?

Check the robintrack charts for guidance
robintrack.net/symbol/IQ

robintrack.net/symbol/HMNY

LMAO

>Bought 5 call $450 8/3 options on Netflix.
>Wish me luck.
i will do no such thing. may the bogs smite your portfolio

>anyone else here has call options on TWTR based on that thread on Jow Forumswallstreetbets?
user please dont do this to yourself

though this has me wondering what the fuck it is that reddit thinks is happening in the world rn to substantiate a long options position on TWTR?

either way, seriously hope youre kidding. what we do is self-destructive generally, but what they do is actual suicide. i wouldnt doubt that that IQ long options guy fucking hung himself

Attached: fb8a88f21cceb5d26b0f3a6fa41ec464b3a8d9b5a7a225fbf5ed13910c0c99ec.jpg (250x250, 27K)

Don't worry bagholders from 34-37 will bail as it rises and that chart will look better.

How much money is a good starting point for investing/swing trading? 1k? 5k? More?

investing: any
swing trading: $25k

>stock advice from Reddit

Do not fucking do this.

EPS forecast for BILI is looking better then IQ. IQ is going to be in the negatives for some years.

Attached: previewfile_1370509275.gif (250x250, 58K)

bloomberg.com/press-releases/2018-04-24/drone-usa-letter-to-shareholders

>What did they mean by this?

It means they are redefining their con to help attract potential new suckers

theyre looking to get an uplisting now that they will have actual income from their contracts. check dates too. this could be happening sooner than later, considering how long it takes bureaucratically to do these things. i think this is why its been so active

buying some more MU tomorrow

fucking KEK

Navya launching its IPO soon. So far it's the only self-driving car manufacturer with products in the streets.
I'll probably throw a thousand or so.

Also euro defense companies are VERY GREEN today

If I don't have much money to invest (let's say less than 1K euro) and am doing this out of morbid curiosity as opposed to some attempt at changing my life and becoming chad, should I go for crypto instead?

There is no such thing as a crypto and "stock market" divide. It's just another thing to trade like Gold or silver. If you think bitcoin is the best place for $ then you put it there.

>hmny
>.10 to .11
wew

Attached: eBnidPSq_400x400.jpg (400x400, 17K)

Attached: original_129894424.png (645x1147, 427K)

There wasn't even that much volume. Some poor goy just got pre-market jewed hard. Probably not going to drop nearly that much when trading actually opens.

Attached: Capture.png (344x366, 14K)

You obviously don't given what you've said

Morning gents! At least SLV and TLT won't reverse split :^)

Attached: 1530850740288.jpg (1024x768, 511K)

I guess that's why euro defense is making gains.
>tfw couldn't buy cheap Airbus

>hmny

what is the point of robintrack? What does it show?

ALT restructured last of series B Warrants. Should be very little suppressing upward movement. now we just need good data or gov funding for primary ignition. Load up boyssssssss

Attached: f547246cb45cf52241e87bd29f5836bee8bc7b38_hq.gif (399x560, 264K)

wrong hmny will R/S. your shares will be mere 1 share afterwards.

Is today the day HMNY pumps to $4? I'm still trying to get my bearings on this timeline.