If you can't solve this, you don't have what it takes to make millions in crypto

If you can't solve this, you don't have what it takes to make millions in crypto.

Attached: 1506084681432.jpg (1531x1144, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2015/04/15/science/answer-to-the-singapore-math-problem-cheryl-birthday.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

July 14

If your reply is after mine, you will die in your sleep tonight.

Attached: wDp73tA.jpg (797x1200, 92K)

May 19th

Please be true

Attached: fe8a15cfc628ad93b1b7d53f5a5b8940.jpg (1440x1584, 279K)

July 16th... fucking morons.

Just market sold everything.

Attached: 1530642302854.jpg (600x600, 78K)

How are you even supposed to solve it?

i thought clif said july 9th??

May 15 clearly

Not doing your math homework for you faggot

I know it's either Jul 16, Aug 15, or Aug 17

I'll explain. So Albert (who knows month) knows Bernard doesn't know what the birthday is. From this, we eliminate all months containing birthdays with unique days in the list. This is because if there is a unique day in the month he was told, Bernard could know the date. But Albert knows he doesn't. So no months with unique days.
No May days, no June days.
Bernard then figures out his day, because he knows that June and May have been ruled out.
This means the birthday has a duplicate day in June or may.

So jul 16, Aug 15, or Aug 17

Remember, Albert is told either May, June, July or August.

Bernard is told either 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 or 19

Let’s go through it line by line.

Albert: I don’t know when Cheryl’s birthday is, but I know that Bernard doesn’t know too.

All Albert knows is the month, and every month has more than one possible date, so of course he doesn’t know when her birthday is. The first part of the sentence is redundant.

The only way that Bernard could know the date with a single number, however, would be if Cheryl had told him 18 or 19, since of the ten date options only these numbers appear once, as May 19 and June 18.

For Albert to know that Bernard does not know, Albert must therefore have been told July or August, since this rules out Bernard being told 18 or 19.

Line 2) Bernard: At first I don’t know when Cheryl’s birthday is, but now I know.

Bernard has deduced that Albert has either August or July. If he knows the full date, he must have been told 15, 16 or 17, since if he had been told 14 he would be none the wiser about whether the month was August or July. Each of 15, 16 and 17 only refers to one specific month, but 14 could be either month.

Line 3) Albert: Then I also know when Cheryl’s birthday is.

Albert has therefore deduced that the possible dates are July 16, Aug 15 and Aug 17. For him to now know, he must have been told July. Since if he had been told August, he would not know which date for certain is the birthday.

The answer, therefore is July 16.
>muh logic

May 19th...... don’t ask how I got it It’s hard to explain.

Attached: BD8B7090-CEA2-4FCB-9660-25B1F0C7E191.jpg (500x860, 229K)

WAIT.

The only date that Albert could figure out at the end from Bernard finally knowing the day is Jul 16. So the answer is Jul 16.

why you faggots insist on coming to Jow Forums for homework help?

Post a god damn buttcoin rumor, meme, or piece of news or GTFO

I will accept brappers

This. Jul 16

June 17th

Attached: 5xBOrnH.gif (350x255, 1.78M)

What class is this?

yo if this is right please tell me because that's my fucking birthday and i'm drunk and this is just weird

Attached: 422.jpg (640x480, 24K)

how is this shit elite in any way? the absolute fucking state of elite institutions, making the problem lie not in the actual maths, but in the fact that they're explaining everything in abject fucking puzzlegender retardese. who's the self-proclaimed demiracial halfwit that's getting paid to take basic problem solving and turn it into a bloody fucking translation enigma?

Not doing your homework faggot

i still don't get it

This

sorry, its too late, you already gave your answer and you failed. You have a 110 IQ, not quite enough to make millions

The only sentence that makes sense is that it is not 18 or 19. Everything else is literally just a bunch of horseshit.

There is no way Bernard could know after Albert stating the obvious.

Let's suppose it is May 15, July 14, ... and now try to explain why that would be wrong in the current situation. You literally can't.

cool, but this quiz is stupid for assuming you know the unique days of the months, like who gives a fuck. now if they provided you with the unique days beforehand that would be OK.

If you think further about it the problem with this dumb ass question is that people ASSUME that is solvable. Which is an assumption by itself, if you do not believe it is solvable you can't solve it.

>Albert: I don't know when Cheryl's birthday is but I know that Bernard does not know too
Rules out May and June since those have unique numbers
>Bernard: At first I don't know when Cheryl's birthday is, but I know now.
Rules out 14
>Then I also know when Cheryl's birthday is.
Rules out August

July 16 is correct

The answer is July 16.

Line 1: Albert knows that Bernard does not know. Which means that no matter what number Bernard has, he would not be able to deduce the birthday. This eliminates the months of May and June because if Bernard had either 18, or 19, he would know.

Line 2: Bernard now knows the birthday meaning that the number is distinct between all of the choices in the remaining months, July and August. This eliminates 14 as Bernard's number, because it appears in both months, leaving July 16, August 15, and August 17.

Line 3: Because Albert knows the birthday, it must mean that of the remaining choices, there is only one choice in the month he's chosen ergo July 16.

Why not may 16?

>Why not may 16?
Albert then knows it's may. He also knows that Bernard has either 15, 16 or 19. Which means he can't know for a fact that Bernard can't know, since it potentially could be 19, in which case Bernard would know

It can't be 19 because if you know its 19 you know the answer regardless of the other person.
If 15 it could be august or may.
If 16 it could be july or may.

>It can't be 19 because if you know its 19 you know the answer regardless of the other person.
Exactly. Albert said he knew that Bernard didn't know. Hence why it can't be May.

If it would have been May, then Albert would have said something like "Either Bernard knows what date it is (19) or he doesn't (15, 16)"

very fun puzzle, like the train one.

Albert knows the day is not the 18th or the 19th, otherwise Bernard would know the full date.
Bernard now knows it is not in May or June, or Albert wouldn't know that.
Bernard thought it could be in May or June, meaning the date is 15,16, or 17. If it was 14 Bernard wouldn't know that.
That leaves us with July 16, August 15th or 17th.

If the date was in July, Albert would know it's July 16th now for certain.
If it was in August, Albert wouldn't know if it was the 15th or the 17th.

That means the date was July 16th.

Not sure on the best method to solve it, but I think writing down what each person thinks the possibilities are at each time period helps. You have to ignore the big picture and look at one persons point of view.

I have no idea how to solve this puzzle and yet I’ve already made millions in crypto, faggot.

Still not enough evidence to say he would change what he said to something like "i know its either may 15 or may 16". He just states he doesn't know the answer

Bernard dosen't know because its in may
Bernard dosen't know because its in july
Bernard doesn't know because its in august

This is correct, I figured it out in less than 10seconds. Feels good, maybe I should apply myself in life instead of being a neet.

Not to mention the english is fairly poor.
"At first i didn't know when cheryls birthday was, but now i do"*
How did bernard deduce an answer from knowing that albert knew he didn't know?
You cant rule out may because there is still 2 possible answers meaning you don't know the answer.
How does albert know bernard doesn't know the answer?

May and june are eliminated because albert looks at his month and deduces "it's impossible, as in 0% chance, for bernard to know the birthday just based on the number he got."

If albert had gotten may, he'd be thinking "bernard may or may not have gotten 19, so I don't know if he knows or not."

If albert had gotten june, he'd be thinking "bernard may or may not have gotten 18, so I don't know if he knows or not."

If he got may and knows bernard doesn't know that only rules out may 19
Not may 15 and may 16

If you got 19 you know the answer

Albert knows WITH CERTAINTY that bernard doesn't know. That means the month albert got is composed entirely of shared numbers. 1 unique number rules out an entire month, no matter what other possibilities are present in that month.

July 16.

Oh, and the other one is 2/3.

How does albert know bernard doesn't?

One unique number doesn't rule out a whole month

Drew up the solution.

Remember that any time someone says "I know he doesn't know", that eliminates all unique relevant data; and any time someone says "I know" that eliminates all non-unique relevant data.

Attached: birthday problem solution.png (939x883, 43K)

It does, because it's the months guy (Albert) saying he knows the numbers guy (Bernard) doesn't know.

So whatever month the months guy got, it can't be one of the months that has a unique number associated with it.

I understand that the date can't be on a unique number.
But I really don't understand how the first sentence implies that it has to be in a month without unique numbers. Why would the entire month be eliminated?

Oh wait, I get it. Albert has the month, so he knows it's not in a month with a unique number. Hence he knows Bernard doens't know.

Because it's the month guy saying he knows the numbers guy doesn't know.

If the month guy had gotten May or June, he would NOT have said the numbers guy doesn't know, because if the numbers guy had gotten 19 or 18, the numbers guy would've known the month too, because 19 and 18 only appear once in the list: May 19 and June 18.

that was the mind fuck for me as well
it helps to have a chart from here: nytimes.com/2015/04/15/science/answer-to-the-singapore-math-problem-cheryl-birthday.html

Are you allowed to go backwards?
Im saying the question is wrong.
Also this was more to point out possibilities
Give a shit if he said he knows the other doesn't... how does he know that? Answer that part.

Attached: 2018-07-12 17.09.07.png (939x883, 98K)

it's a logic problem....

I love how no one is pointing out that this is the most ESL shit I've ever seen. I know this isn't reddit but that's some pajeet level english.

>Give a shit if he said he knows the other doesn't... how does he know that?
You have to remember that both Albert and Bernard know something that you don't.
Albert does actually know the month, and Bernard does actually know the number.

Like the part you put in yellow; Albert knows Bernard got the number, and the only numbers that appear only once in the list of possibilities are 19 and 18, so if Albert had gotten the month May or June, he would not have been able to say "Bernard doesn't know", because it would have been possible for Bernard to have gotten the number 19 or 18.

Even if he knows the number guy doesn't know that leaves two possibilities in the month may.
The number guy was never told the month so it still can be may 15 or 16.
Knowing its 16 means it can still be july or may
Knowing its 15 means it can still be may or august

If he knows it in july it can be two possibilities 14 or 16

If he knows its 14 it can be in july or august
If he knows its 16 it can be july or may.

>Even if he knows the number guy doesn't know that leaves two possibilities in the month may.
No.

If Albert (the month guy) had gotten May or June, he would NOT have said "the number guy doesn't know".
Because if the number guy had gotten the number 19 or 18, he would've known the month without needing Cheryl.

But he states that he didnt know at first which would rule out 18 and 19

If he got may why would he change what he said?

The fact that Albert says "Bernard doesn't know" already tells you that it can't have been 19 or 18.
Because what Albert is really telling you, is that Cheryl gave him a month that wasn't May or June.

He didn't get May, and he didn't change anything he said.

How?

How didn't he get may?

either this is bait or you're literally the baboon on the left

Attached: baboon.jpg (693x499, 85K)

Albert wouldn't have said
> I KNOW Bernard doesn't know
if he got May or June.
Because Bernard MIGHT know

e.g. if Albert got May, he will NEVER say
Because if Bernard got 19, then Bernard MIGHT know.

So it rules out the entire month (NOT just the date) because we are only deducing the month that was given SPECIFICALLY to Albert, from his 1st statement.

And we can eliminate months where he will NEVER say the statement
if he got that month. This is assuming Albert's logic is perfect and he is not like a common Jow Forums brainlet.

If Cheryl had told Bernard "my birthday is on the 19th" for instance, then Bernard would have known her birthday was on May 19, because the number 19 only appears once in the options list.
Same with the number 18 and June.

So Bernard would have known.

So when Albert (the guy to whom Cheryl told the month) says "I know Bernard does NOT know", that means Cheryl told him a month that isn't May or June.
Because if Cheryl had told Albert "my birthday is in May" for instance, there would have been the possibility that Cheryl told him the number 19, in which case Bernard would have known the entire birthday date.

>Because if Cheryl had told Albert "my birthday is in May" for instance, there would have been the possibility that Cheryl told him ("HIM" BEING BERNARD) the number 19, in which case Bernard would have known the entire birthday date.

Edit in caps.

Why didn't the fucking whore just tell them her birthday

So your saying with absolute certainty that albert would have said "bernard might know"
Albert only says "i know he doesn't" meaning if you have two possibilities you still would not know.

>So your saying with absolute certainty that albert would have said "bernard might know"
We're assuming lying isn't in the premise.

>Albert only says "i know he doesn't" meaning if you have two possibilities you still would not know.
What "two possibilities"?

But he states that he doesn't know

well, I feel like a complete brainlet, because even when reading the responses, after having read about this very same logic problem, I still couldn't make sense of the logic behind it...
OTOH, it's 4 am, so I guess it's not that bad, but still.
thanks OP for making me feel like shit

asking the real questions

Albert didn't need Bernard telling him he doesn't know.
The fact that Cheryl told Albert a month that wasn't May or June already made it clear to Albert that Bernard didn't know.

Didn't know* for that matter

This. Damn, Jow Forums is full of brainlets.

May 15 and may 16
July 16 and may 16
July 14 and august 14
August 15 and may 15

How can it be May or June when Albert just told you it's not May or June?

So your say he was told july
That leaves two possibilities.
Meaning bernard doesnt know

Bernard still hasnt been told a month. How did he come up with july?

When did he tell you it wasn't may or june?

How can you assume that cheryl told Albert the numbers and not the months?

>So your say he was told july
July or August.

>Meaning bernard doesnt know
That's literally what Albert says initially.

When he said "I know that Bernard doesn't know".

>Wasting your time solving this.
Never gonna make it

So rule out the 19th
That leaves may 15th and may 16th still possible variables
Ofcourse we take lying out of the premise because all questions asking for an answer on most tests you would assume this anyway.
Saying he doesn't know would not be a lie because if there is two possibilities left you don't know the answer.
He states he didnt know to begin with but know he does.. how exactly did he figure it out?

How can May 15 and May 16 still be in play when the guy who knows the month just told you it's not May?

Exactly

Cheryl gives a list of POSSIBLE dates, none of which have to be true.

It states that "Cheryl then tells Albert and Bernard separately the month AND the day" of her birthday.

She tells them both. It doesn't have to be any of the 10 possible dates.

Bernard says he didn't know her birthday at first, but now he does because as said previously, she already told them both.

Albert also knows because Cheryl already told them both.

Y'all motherfuckers are stupid.

He didn't.

Meaning?

So whens cheryls birthday?

I don't know. But that isn't the point. She already told them each the month and the day. It doesn't have to be any one of the ten possible choices.

Except he did.

He says Bernard doesn't know, meaning he didn't get one of the two months (May and June) that have unique numbers (19 and 18) in them.

It is the point because you would proove me right in saying the question is wrong.

How you idiot?

Use only may.

The entire point of the question is that people like you overthink a problem with no real given solution.

Ergo you're creating problems where there aren't any.

If you look at the options list, the number 19 only appears once: May 19.
So if Cheryl told Bernard the number "19", Bernard would have known Cheryl's birthday.

Now suppose Cheryl told Albert the month is "May".
Albert would NOT be able to say "I know Bernard doesn't know", because there would have been the possibility that Bernard got the number 19, in which case he would indeed know.

>It doesn't have to be any one of the ten possible choices.
But it does.
Cheryl gave them these ten options.

I haven't overthought it at all.
I saw it was an invalid test and stated so.

Thats how you make money
Create a problem that needs a solution only you have the solution for and sell it.