I would like to discuss some people s take on SKY s developments and what they are supposed to ”replace”...

I would like to discuss some people s take on SKY s developments and what they are supposed to ”replace”, since I dont find this the best biz approach:

>Skycoin was designed to replace bitcoin
>Fiber to designed to replace Ethereum
>CXO to replace IPFS, FileCoin, BitTorrent, Mega, Dropbox, Google Drive which silicon is trying to replicate
>Skywire to replace MPLS, IPv4/IPv6, OpenFlow, Tor, I2P
>Viscript to replace EC2, golem
>CryptoSphere to replace OpenVPN
>Sky-Messenger to replace Tox, Telegram, Skype, Wechat, WhatsApp
>BBS to replace Steemit, Jow Forums, facebook, twitter

Although the ecosystem is large, some products will fail for obvious reasons. Most of them under dev, they will be completed once and only IF they gain enough traction. SKY will coexist with other solutions, to say otherwise it curbs its trust inside the community.

Attached: Ecosystem_003_ultra.png (4000x2300, 3.39M)

first of all the internet can't be decentralized until wireless transmission speeds are enough that the internet can hop from one router to the other seamlessly across the world in an instant.

Until that happens, someone owns the wires;

If you carefully look the architecture of their website, Skycoin was designed to replace first and second generation cryptocurrencies. It is not competing with btc or eth, it is made to replace them as Skycoin was developed to correct the deficiency of those cryptocurrency.

But from all listed by you, I don’t know the purpose of Sky- Messanger? What is about?

Until then great VPNs support networks that can work on top of the ISPs and work great. That s what Skywire will do at first

A messenger service working on skywire. My point is that some of these services will not make it, let alone out run the big players. They will have a limited use inside the community

They are. Have a look at Ubiquiti's line of WiFi equipment.

Simply for platform adoption, same as kittycash.

Which is fine, useful gateway drugs is the name of the game.

it depends how will they play the cards
I am thinking that maybe they will focus on projects at the first place which are really relevant and already popular - Fiber platform, CXO smart contracts, Skywire, Skyminer
and second place projects like this Sky - messanger...

More than often a better option will not make it in the market for several reasons: investments, users resenting change, traction, and so on. While the coin and the skywire are going stellar, i question the rest of the services, not sure they will outgrow the community and be mass adopted

also, it is normal to have success with some of the projects, and other no. I mean we are talking about market and competition. Sky to be among the first beside all these replacement as you call it, they have to came up with something innovative as well

I would list beside the coin and Skywire the CXO for big investments and companies...

Usually there is a main product/service that drives sales, named the cash cow..then byproducts or support services or spare parts you name it become a secondary stream of revenue by catering the same clients. Same for Sky, the coin or skywire being the cash cow

yep, long range wi fi is a thing, especially in big cities. we ll see what the specs of the SKY antennas will be

it s good but they still need a biz platform to start selling, have a look at IBM and how far ahead they are.. even Google said that they lost the edge on blockchain

Not just that, but they make standalone mesh networks for dense close range areas.

It's the sole viable approach. By late 2018/early 2019 SKY will be a working ecosystem, that is, a well-founded, comprehensive technical infrastructure with adequate incentives for node owners and app developers. It will be the first platform to do so: SKY will not "coexist with other solutions", because there'll be no other solutions. Now you're right to say that "some products will fail", I'd say most will do so. However, the first platform to host a blockchain project, any single project that succeeds by gaining mass adoption wins the game, gains the jackpot and heralds humanity into the 4th industrial revolution.
The focus on the decentralized internet aspect is liberation marketing for the masses, a reality-distorting narrative that will encourage normie adoption and provide a point of rallying against overzealous regulatory attempts. It's bullshit, but a necessary one that works. For comparison see btc's marketing cca. 2014 about it being a "private and decentralized currency". Neither claim was/is true. In truth it was a purely speculative asset and its use cases consisted of tax evasion, dark market purchases and illegal gambling and people in the game knew it all too well. However, they had the common sense to defend their investment by not babbling about their reservations publicly.

There are bigger powers at play here. Btc is where it is exactly because it can be tracked, otherwise it would not be supported by the govts. Another Tor like network is likely to be not so comfy for intelligence agencies..

>Implying TOR isnt literally crawling with CIA Niggers

also, any ideas on how the marketing of skywire will take place? as in if i own a Skyminer i prob want to get my neighbours to connect and pay for bandwidth, right?

>There are bigger powers at play here.
indeed indeed, the cards are always stacked. sometimes in our favor.

Attached: 1525148608224.png (1395x862, 227K)

lol, that s why for security issues there never will be a mass adopted 100% private network

yup, that kind of grassroots/organic marketing is handy and well incentivized. the boys at SharkCia and quite possibly some psyop experts from a private security company with a vested interest in the project will take care of the rest.

Remains to be seen what course of action the big players will take. As usual they will try to control, own or terminate ideas like this

muh heralds humanity into the 4th industrial revolution

hyperledger gets more 100x times attention, for example, and for good reasons. there ARE larger players, maybe better players. let s not get out of proportion here

the fact that we re supporting SKY doesnt mean it s the ultimate, best, only solution

>hyperledger
>attention
>larger players
>better players
ah, the follies of youth. does CoinTerra™ (2013-2015) say anything to you?
'tis a funny thing young Massa, same ole folks playin dem trick on same kinda sucker each an erry market cycle
it means exactly that

there are smart shillers, very good ones, pretty retard ones... then there s you. i support the coin but cant stand dumb ass third world shilling

was wondering that too. after all that should be the business model

OP, most of there will either die, either have limited use

Set up more nodes around town or get other people to set them up. If you don't do it then somebody else will.

this just doesnt bring in customers.. am i right? you need marketing and stuff... or maybe the paid bandwidth is just shared among nodes based on served users

nothing so far has indicated that brandon and co. have the technical expertise or the business acumen or the ability to navigate regulation to actually make this happen on the scale they suggest is possible, much less feasible

Attached: brandonisretarded.png (480x1498, 37K)

I think that traffic on the meshnet will generate revenue for all the nodes that are involved and it will take time for the traffic to reach levels where you are making alot of money on it. But as long as you make money by running a node, it sells itself. Maybe businesses will put alot of traffic on the network, maybe Skycoin will do something to subsidize node operators to help grow the network.

bringing in new competent staff is not a problem i suppose, as the skywire is taking off with more than 7000 miners in place

you poor, delusional fucks

many maybes.. the mesh net should be advertised inside the community first..plus why is there no Win installer for the Skywire? this is a big flaw, hope they ll fix it soon