Are there any workoholics on biz? Or people who managed to fix their work habits?

Are there any workoholics on biz? Or people who managed to fix their work habits?
I want to learn to be able to work hard without procrastinating.
I often feel tired (health issues) and I take that as an excuse to do less.
I want to be able to change from lazy to productive and ultimately that leads to more economical success as an individual as well. In most cases I know what I should do: write the next paper, do research, etc. I have trouble getting started and working on things consistently every day. I get excited about the idea of getting up at 6 every day and working through my projects. My plans fail every time when they meet the reality of getting up.

Attached: daniel-liang-2018-1-10-26.jpg (1920x2742, 1.3M)

During a grueling workout, the recovery is just as important, if not more important than the workout. The recovery and recharge take a lot more time, than the work itself. The same principle parallels and applies to working in other aspects of life.

stop masturbating, seriously, you’ll feel way more productive

I see that as a non-issue desu.
I do work out and weirdly enough I never skip my workouts.

Struggling with the same thing as many are.
They key comes from falling in love with the process. Not the end result.
Godspeed senpai

I like that. It's not motivation but still based on an emotional narrative. I have to think about this some more. Thanks.

i was a lazy fuckup all my life. 2016 I decided to change. I would get up, hit the gym, and then lock myself in the office until late at night working on my online biz. I slaved away for 12 hours per day and had no life whatsoever.. after a couple of months living like this I got severy depressed and started getting backpain and weird rashes on my skin. ignored it and kept grinding. eventually had a complete breakdown and had to stop working. currently living in my parents basement and still havent recovered 100 %. you do not want to be a workaholic OP

Like 12 hours "slaving away" in an office is hard work. That's like, average work schedule. You must be from a lazy country.

One thing self help people and workfags don't understand is YOU CAN'T CHANGE INTO A WORKAHOLIC. You are either born genetically wanting to be a goyslave or you aren't. You are probably predisposed to merely tolerate working at best. I've tried for years to like working and I never could. My literal dream has always been to be a lazy NEET. I feel best being on my own, learning things without someone telling me what to do. That's why I've thought of starting a business, as I feel that may suit me better, as I get to control my life.

I was lazy as shit but working for my dad as a teenager and having him drag me out of bed at 4am every morning (even threw a bucket of cold water on me once) quickly changed my work ethic
if you are working for a large company, just putting in hours and little effort required, change your career. working for yourself or contracting for rates will put you into the right frame of mind. you gotta earn as much money for your time spent. no waste.

if you have no work ethic how the fuck are you meant to start a business?

This. Fuck that shit, work smarter not harder. You want to be able to enjoy life with friends and family if you can, enjoy the summer day, enjoy your youth.

Working on own biz is A LOT harder than working for someone. I have worked for one week in an office, in web dev, and it was the most relaxing week ever. I stopped though because I want to make my own business and hate working for someone. Also, the lack of social interaction when working on your thing is hard to go through.
I was like you and thanks god I never went to the point of complete burn out, because I have a feeling that once you reach it you can never come back. I work on my biz as much as possible, and as soon as I see signs of stress (acne, skin picking) I just stop until I am good again. Hope you recover user, I noticed that the best for me was to go to the country side or go in vacation trekking.

I have somewhat, its called doing something you actually enjoy. you'll be naturally drawn to working on it, make money on it and realize everything else is a waste of time.

I would recomend TRT + low dose trenbolone to get you going again

>roids
>not SARM's
lmao at nutlets

You should look for shared working spaces. They're like offices people go to work so they don't have to rent one just for yourself.

They're quite popular among digital nomads, but they're useful too for people who just can't concentrate at home.

sounds like you don't enjoy your work enough to let yourself succeed. change fields

few people are cut out to be academics and you don't sound like one

I agreed to be a girl's slave. Back then I was working like 21 hours a week at subway, and she pushed me to get a 2nd job and kept reminding me that I need to be making money instead of bullshitting around with distractions. So when asked to work an extra day by a manager, instead of pretending I had plans, I simply agreed to work. I was motivated at work because she was giving me more and more attention and telling me "good boy" when I was a good boy. Now I just work one job where they give me 70-80 hours per week.

I feel tired a lot too, like this morning I should already be at work starting my day (I open, but I could put it off another hour if I wanted) but it's taken me some time to get up because of my asthma. I have a similar issue too where I want to be that 30 year old boomer who's out of bed at 5am and conquering the day but I'm not there yet.

Join the military. They will make you into a happy working slave in no time.

How do I find this?

Attached: 1505837672000.png (656x755, 39K)

I'm a complete workaholic. I would say it's a psychological condition and not an enviable one.
It does nothing for you in terms of financial success and won't make you a better person.
I typically work 80 hours a week, from 8am to midnight with some food breaks in between and time spent on errands.

I make about ~80k a year at 30 in a large European city (better than most but nothing to write home about). My brother is at the office 35h / week, probably spends half of that actually working and pulls in 140k + benefits with a BA from a 3rd rate college.

I work two full-time, highly-qualified jobs (IT & academia) and I guess I like what I'm doing. On the rare occasions where I have free time I contribute to open source projects or do online courses. I just can't stand not being busy. I can't enjoy time with my family or friends. I don't even enjoy travelling anymore unless I'm on a business trip. Work is the only thing that keeps anxiety at bay.

Being workaholic sucks. It will isolate you and always push you to take the hardest, less rewarding path in life. Successful people are very rarely workaholics.

I'm in a weird spot.
I'm a student who had to go on break due to illness (cancer). I'm 90% done. I have no deadlines.
My motivation is at zero though. I was in "health and wellness mode" for over a year. I would quit in a heartbeat but that would be madness if I only need to write two more papers.

>Successful people are very rarely workaholics.

Wait what?

This is true. Problem for me is the recovery can take a long fucking time. Burnout is real.

I'm not talking Jeff Bezos or Bill Gates... Those are outliers.
I'm talking your middle to top manager at well established corporations or your average millionaires. People who spend time networking an advancing their careers rather than toiling. People who are born into wealth and connections. People who go to fields that pay well and require little effort (real estate, luxury...) because they don't mind making money without working hard for it. Just rub shoulders with the upper class crowd in any major city in the first world. You won't find many hardworking or super smart people.

Sounds like senioritis (plus the cancer of course)
Just hold your nose and do a passable job
There's not much left

I used to be a workaholic, but I got to the point where I didn't feel like it was paying off
>no cute virgin gf
>the university I work at keeps hiring more and more retards
>which makes more busy work for me that I don't enjoy
>no recognition from anyone for anything
>no advancement
then I just got depressed and now I drink and play videogames like a loser