It's over for me Jow Forums

It's over for me Jow Forums

I'm literally having suicidal thoughts and am very close to the hanging. 6 months of continued downtrend has put me in a depression I can not escape. Every day I wake up knowing my life would be different if I didn't fell for the hodl meme.

Basically turned 10K into 100K and am now back down to 10K.

Bitcoin has shown literally 0 signs of recovery at every possible event. Not even Consensus, for the first time in fucking history, could make the market go up.

Crypto is dead and I missed the only golden investment opportunity in my lifetime.

Attached: ClIJRTnUsAII7kx.jpg (709x765, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=puG_jl22z2Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OP I have the exact same gains and losses as you, and want to tell you it’s not over until it goes to 0.

I’ve got half at a 10x long from here, and if that gets liq’d at 5600, I have the other half to buy the knife that caused it.

We are literally either right before the depression spike, or right after it. Before you hang, at least put your balls on the table and yolo it before you truly know it’s over.

This is literally the moment you need to force yourself to add more/not give up.

Millionaires are made today. What will moon if there is another bull run?
If you are going to end it, might as well try to make it first. Go against the crowd

Crypto was my one chance at finnicial freedom and I fucked it. I don’t even have the courage to hand myself. Just hoping a drunk driver slams their car, maybe then this suffering can end.

Attached: B30F466F-5572-457A-936A-FB224E0408E0.jpg (241x250, 17K)

Do it

at some point you have to realize you arent a good investor and preserve the capital you have because you are not a good investor and keep your cash until you can figure out why you aren't a good investor

the course of action you've described is the absolute state of a bad investor

Attached: 1524935773608.gif (1221x1007, 142K)

You niggers are pathetic. LN is still in beta. Its a complex piece of software that is going to take time to roll out. Just fucking cash out and shut up already so when LN finally becomes stable and btc shoots up to 10k overnight i can laugh at you all.

just sell and buy back in when bitcoin hits 3k. that is when the retracement should end. the current drop we see now is basically a repeat of the mt gox drop, actually it's the exact same pattern despite biztards saying otherwise. just leave crypto for the time being for a few months and continue doing whatever you did before crypto, guarantee you will be fine by next year.

just hodl

no shoot ups ever happening again idiot

Weak and wounded sinner, lost and left to die
Oh raise your head, for love is passing by
Come to Jesus, come to Jesus, come to Jesus, and live

Now your burden's lifted, and carried far away
And precious blood has washed away the stain
So sing to Jesus, sing to Jesus, sing to Jesus, and live

Like a newborn baby, don't be afraid to crawl
And remember when you walk, sometimes we fall
So fall on Jesus, fall on Jesus, fall on Jesus, and live

Sometimes the way is lonely, and steep and filled with pain
So if your sky is dark, and pours the rain
Then cry to Jesus, cry to Jesus, cry to Jesus, and live

Oh, and when the love spills over, and music fills the night
And when you can't contain your joy inside
Then dance for Jesus, dance for Jesus, dance for Jesus, and live

And with your final heartbeat, kiss the world goodbye
Then go in peace and laugh on glory's side
And fly to Jesus, fly to Jesus, fly to Jesus, and live
Fly to Jesus, fly to Jesus, fly to Jesus, and live
youtube.com/watch?v=puG_jl22z2Y

Move all your shit to Bitcoin, the king.
>schnorr bip got added a few days ago
>schnorr will be implemented in 2019, smaller sigs, faster verification
>signature aggregation in 2019
>ETF in 2019
>halvening in 2020
>a bunch of memes like MAST and LN

Thanks for the buy signal fren

Attached: 307CC6B1-BF31-4D96-813E-F59EA5B0D7B1.jpg (4032x3024, 1.42M)

Everyones a winner in a bull market, Just stop thinking of crypto and casually check it out every day and if you haven't gotten out or tethered up you should see to it. Hope this brought some peace of mind and stay up user.

Attached: 1513311528157.jpg (660x708, 91K)

Dude, just wait and forget about crypto for a while. People do discard life pretty easily nowadays...

Go outside, work on something you like, find a hobby. The good part of being at the bottom is that you can risk.

Besides crypto is still at the beginning, most retards here will tell otherwise but I wouldn't consider an opinion of a board that is a minority on the global market.

Have you heard of cargo cults? Basically, the stone age level natives on some Pacific islands during WWII saw how Americans waved these brightly colored sticks to bring down great metal birds full of cargo. When the war was over and the Americans left, the natives tried to summon new cargo birds buy making implements of bamboo and straw and reenacting what they'd seen those foreigners do.
That's you. Zero notion of WHY the market should recover, WHY cryptocurrency would become more widely adopted. Just arguments from "authority" (shill sites and official Twitter feeds) and a sense that "It used to go up. It has go up again."

Exit now
Exit now
Preserve you mental health and sanity

Is your life really worth losing 10k for
its just 10k
Your life I worth much more than that
Exit now and get your life back
Walk away from all of this
There is much to life apart from crypto

Crypto is going to be a 40 trillion market, believe that, just hodl.

It's trippy to think that on every long term graph, a sharp downturn in the market will directly correlate to IRL deaths, and that in some of those cases the dead would have been fine if they'd just held.

Nice comparison actually, most of the markets are composed by these type of people though, so I'm not surprised, they follow gurus, gurus make money out of them, rinse and repeat

>Crypto is going to be a 40 trillion market
IT DOESN'T FUCKING DO ANYTHING

better luck next time

Attached: eh.jpg (208x468, 19K)

He lost 90k profit and is back at the initial 10k.

You might as well hodl, who gives a fuck about 10k

Are you jewlia

Oh my sweet summer child

Thanks bro

even if he lost $1Million
makes no difference
Life is worth so much more
Each day spent well and productively is worth so so much

This, life is worth more than any amount of money, the probability of you being alive at the greatest moment to live is so thin... But most are ungrateful and let the superficial stuff take over

That’s the problem, most people here aren’t productive at all, so the crypto thing is a desperate situation for them. With that been said, people now days make money from their video games and selling stuff online, so I don’t see what’s stopping them.

This basically explains current believers. Zero critical thinking and just blind conviction that crypto is "going to the moon"

It works both ways, critically thinking the odds of price increase is a lot higher than decrease. Yes, crypto can go lower short/ medium term but it has more probability of growing from a 250 billion market long-term. Don't forget that in some years down the road 250 billion is not worth the same of today's 250 billion (inflation has been rising exponentially)

boofucking hoo.

>OP kills himself
>bitcoin ETF is announced
>100k EOY

that's not critical thinking, that's being ignorant of the crypto space as a whole and instead just looking at graphs for the sake of graphs. just becaues it lost 70% from ATH doesn't mean it HAS to go up again

Not many of those types left. Only the true believers held through the past few months. Software developers mostly, probably because programming is an intelligence test.

>Software developers mostly, probably because programming is an intelligence test.
I bet that's more because the people who make and own crypto infrastructure make a mint off the people trading it.
why believe in crypto when you can convince other to believe and then charge them a commission or sell an IPO

Well, personally I'm not ignorant about crypto, and crypto is on its initial stage. Interpret that as you want it. And yes that was critically thinking since the value is a factor to take into account when talking about investing.

Are you me? I'm not quite to the point where I could put a gun in my mouth but I find myself frequently thinking about what a relief it would be if someone killed me or I just died in my sleep

>crypto is on its initial stage
initial stage of what?
>And yes that was critically thinking since the value is a factor to take into account when talking about investing.
what value?

Nah, software devs can make money anywhere in today's market. We are the ones that can cross the semantic gap while most people struggle to even understand what's possible.

>Interpret that as you want it
right, so it's all about speculation since you don't know shit about shit. it's a gamble. speculative bubbles don't end well.

>We are the ones that can cross the semantic gap while most people struggle to even understand what's possible.
that does sound like something someone indoctrinated into a cult would say

The technology itself is in its early stages, we still don't know the true potential of blockchain, it is disruptive on many industries, the smartcontracts themselves will be a huge industry and most people don't even know about them. Go ask any person in your shopping mall what is a cryptocurrency, they don't have a clue. It is on its initial stage of adoption as well, p2p transactions on a trustless ledger is a big game changer and businesses are STARTING to look at it as a good way to transact value without third parties. After b2b we will see "normies" using it seamlessly on the day to day basis.

The value is speculative yes, some projects are overvalued for their current state, yes, but overall it's an underdeveloped industry that needs to mature and the disrupting nature of it is worth more than 250 billion I can assure you. Smartcontracts alone will be 250 billion worth since it removes a lot of third party services

Normie detected. It's ok, the semantic gap is getting smaller.
We are leaping further to uncharted realms, AI and decentralization today. One day you will be able to build and qa a web app without even knowing Javascript! Exciting!

>smart contracts
I don't understand how that's novel idea. why would literal if-else statements be worth billions? you can do "smart contracts" with other forms of digitalized money, it's not even about crypto. you can buy cryptos but how can you "invest" in smart contracts? the idea is so blown out of proportion that I don't get why people are excited about it.

No, I meant I understand what is blockchain and cryptocurrencies on the fundamentals, but I know it's futile to try to convince randoms who are already with the predetermined state of mind before engaging in an argument. I could be here all day justifying why I understand the potential of the technology it wouldn't matter.

The immutability and transparency of it is a game changer... it's not about if else's only, it's about being trusted without a third party due to the decentralized nature, after being done no third party would be able to change it, not even the initial coder himself, the code is bound to happen if certain conditions are met.

>The technology itself is in its early stages
you realize the vast majority of emerging tech never hits the main stream before it dies off. you can look back two or three decades at the hundreds of new technologies that had huge followings but are retrospectively terrible ideas.
>Smartcontracts alone will be 250 billion worth
where does that number even come from?

Listen to this guy. Immutability has a lot of fundamental properties that make it desirable, beyond censorship resistance.
Subscribing to immutable actions is a great design pattern and underlies much of the daily tech people use. Putting them on a shared state (blockchain) allows many people to interact in the same immutable action log.

>immutability
how is that necessarily good? I understand how it's a good thing in most situations but you don't want to lock yourself out of being able to make changes to a contract, for example if you discover you are being taken advantage of somehow.
>transparency
again, why is that necessarily good?
I used to be excited about it but after thinking about it critically nothing about smart contracts is "revolutionary". we could have had smart contracts since the invention of digital forms of money and people didn't feel the need to.

dude. just because it's a good design pattern doesn't mean it's good in ALL situations BEYOND software. come on.

>you realize the vast majority of emerging tech never hits the main stream before it dies off. you can look back two or three decades at the hundreds of new technologies that had huge followings but are retrospectively terrible ideas.
I understand that, but I BELIEVE this is not the case, this is not some niche / gimmick technology. You can disagree, but we would be here all day.

>Smartcontracts alone will be 250 billion worth
A lot of industries will be using them instead of wasting money on third parties making sure everything is in norm. The housing market will use smartcontracts I'm sure of it, 5% of the house value for an escrow payment, it's ridiculous? You have a contract with your ISP and they don't serve you with what was arranged and now you have to take a lawyer to terminate the contract before it's over, that would not be necessary with a smartcontract. I can name a LOT of services who would be completely changed by smartcontracts

Design patterns are just organizational means. It's not an end, it's a beginning. Stop trying to judge it on it's current value and look to where things are headed.
A solid base is what we have at the moment. You may not agree with the base, that's fine if you have technical reasons not to. But crypto is a shared base everyone can build upon and that is, by itself, simply revolutionary.
We are very much in the organize TCP/IP into protocols stage.

>The immutability and transparency of it is a game changer
yet nobody has been able to take advantage for that in the decade since it's inception. aside from buying drugs and gambling.
how long are you willing to dig for oil before you start thinking you need to start a new hole?

>I understand that, but I BELIEVE this is not the case
is that belief based on a comprehensive understanding of technology and economics or just your sunk costs? if crypto is your only perspective of tech and econ then of course you'll think it's the best thing ever. you never tried anything else.
>A lot of industries will be using them instead of wasting money on third parties making sure everything is in norm.
yet none of these industries have adopted it in place of their current systems, and they have collectively billions of dollars in R&D. they either don't want to save that money or they see something you don't

>Design patterns are just organizational means. It's not an end, it's a beginning.
wtf are you even talking about. you lost me

Like I said before, we need the technology to advance further before true adoption, just because services are still not using it doesn't mean they won't... Most services DO NOT know about smartcontracts, they simply do not even know what the word means... How could they adopt something they don't understand. All I can say is give it time.
No it's not sunk cost fallacy... I'm actually very conservative investing in crypto, I think I justified my reasons, and they were constructive, I didn't say: "just because", you just don't agree, I can't do much about it after that. And just like I said before, I can be here all day and you won't agree with me, so it will be a waste of time for both of us since you won't take my word and I probably won't take yours. So I politely end this here, you can throw a tantrum over that, but oh well, you are a random who fucking cares

> yet nobody has been able to take advantage for that in the decade since it's inception. aside from buying drugs and gambling.
Noone besides those using tech have been able to use the tech. DUURRR

Thats the problem in a nutshell. The VC investors and moon boys don't have the intelligence to understand end game.
We will move on without them

braindead faggot

He an hero'd?
PUMP EET

No, you just drifted into some abstract thought without a concrete point.

Take your 10k and put it into atvi, a stock

How is that abstract? He clearly said that design patterns are the beginning of the process of adoption and not the end of it, meaning it has a lot more potential outside of software...

Yep has to be that. Can't be that you completely missed the point.

>design patterns are the beginning of the process of adoption and not the end of it
what the FUCK DOES IT MEAN?
>meaning it has a lot more potential outside of software...
literally WHAT

where is your fuking problem you idiot you still got 10k. if you want to kill yourself about having more money than some average african nigga kid could always ever imagine to have then you should just pull the trigger you hypocrit

Your life would be different if you knew the lottery numbers too, dipshit.

>yet nobody has been able to take advantage for that in the decade since it's inception

well thats the problem right now is that the technology isn't advanced enough yet. we essentially need to implement AI networks that span across all sectors and genres to allow smartcontract implementation for anyone, anywhere, for anything, and require as little human verification as possible. if you can't envision a day in the future where everyone's able to make instant p2p agreements/wagers/negotiations on the spot and have everything locked in and guaranteed then there's no point in trying to convince you otherwise, but this is how it's going to be given enough time.

i do agree that because of the time, it could make all of this blockchain investment shit pointless right now, I mean we could very well be 15-20 years away from a flawless implementation, although i'd guess we're closer to 3-5 years away, still though, will be a bear market around here for awhile with a lot of artifical manipulation (ETF shit for example, we'll see a lot of these sorts of sensational news stories/hype to continue gaming the space)