Psilocybin mushrooms

Psilocybin mushrooms.

Wondering if anybody here has tried them? How much did you take? Did it make you more successful in life? Did it change the way you look and view the world? Did the shrooms improve your focus?

Attached: i5ww.png (586x589, 952K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mPqWstVnRjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ePiLba32e0U
youtube.com/watch?v=lrYvH71tqrE
youtube.com/watch?v=HOnnu9Pq-PQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absorption_(psychology)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

erowid.org
>business and finance
You sound young user, go educate yourself on erowid first.

The fuck is this meme
Ate one of those it absolutely dindu nuffin

Fascinating to use. I don't recommend more than 2 grams your first time, and never more than 3.5 at once. Only ever use once every three weeks or so because overuse will deplete key chemicals in your brain.

It knocked some things in my subconscious loose and made me more introspective for a while.

It improved my focus but in a difficult to descript way. Read doors of perception by Huxley. All that mystical Mumbojumbo will come crashing down on you hard if you're not ready for it

Tried a few times. Shrooms are evil. I recommend LSD over them any day. That actually changed my life

Its like ccleaner for your brain. Very good for resetting adictions

>live where this is legal
>don't really wanna do it
just don't want bad trips and whatever bad long term consequences

The biggest benefit I got from psys is that they made me more interested in the world. I find it easier to be engaged in topics that used to be boring to me. In that sense it "opened" my mind. They are extremely fascinating substances but beware, they can fuck you up if you abuse them.

watch this podcast with paul stamets on JRE, easily in my top 3 of all JRE podcasts.
youtube.com/watch?v=mPqWstVnRjQ

most important things are mindset, setting, and the people around you but if you take a light dose it's not as important. I've taken 3 gram doses 5 times now and they have all been spectacular and eye opening. I also recently started microdosing .1-.2 grams 5 days of the week based on the podcast and there are slight benefits but nothing absolutely life-changing.

Eww, no. LSD is okay, but it has a synthetic edge to it. It feels like your thoughts are touched by machinery rather than organic.

Bad trips don't really happen as long as you're careful. As long as you're in a good mood and environment you should be fine. Also, start with a low dose and see how that works out for you before doing a normal one.

Took 1/8th right before graduating college. Completely changed my life. I was a 24/7 addicted gamer, FPS's were the only thing my life revolved around. After tripping I felt so connected to the people and world around me that I didn't give a fuck about vidya anymore. Still kicked of that shitty addiction, and doing well in life, years later. feelsgoodman.

Tried shrooms and it fucked me up for years. Am *almost* back to normal now

wow cool

i've got a shroom kit but haven't bothered growing any yet.

How did it fuck you up? Did you take too much? Did you have any big depressing experiences that happened to you before you took them?

i did 6 tabs of acid this past week. psychedelics are very overrated but acid can be fun.

Changes your perception and priorities (usually in a good/fun way) for a while, then sets you back down where you started. It's up to you to decide if what you experienced was valuable, and to integrate the thoughts and experiences you had on it into your daily life and make changes based on them, if you feel so inclined. Shrooms or any /psy/ DEFINITELY won't magically fix what's wrong with you or make change any easier than it used to be. You still have to put in the effort. But they might help you find the reason you need to bother putting in the effort in the first place.

>Wondering if anybody here has tried them?
Yup.
>How much did you take?
An ounce each time.
>Did it make you more successful in life?
wat. No.
>Did it change the way you look and view the world?
Not really.
>Did the shrooms improve your focus?
They're a psychedelic man, they give you a hallucinogenic trip and then you're done.

"overdose" "deplete key chemicals" you really are fucking retarded

shrooms are nice but they are not business and finance

sage

FUCK FORGOT TO SAGE AND BUMPED IT INSTEAD AAAAAAAAA

you are larping pretty hard there on something you know nothing about

hes just low IQ and the shrooms had little effect

I have similar experience. Lets just say that being in the psychedelic hell with constant panic attacks many hours alone does no good for you. That shit can happen even among experienced users.

I think recreational use of psychs is way to overhyped and most people just go along with their false insights they got. Who cares about critical thinking when you "understand" the whole universe but high school math and physics are way over your head.

Successful people take psychedelics but psychedelics do not make anyone successful.

Take with your morning coffee, on an empty stomach. Go innawoods if possible.

Attached: 1529609053384.jpg (640x645, 61K)

Not the same user but depersonalization and feeling like reality is a dreamlike state are common symptoms of psychedelic use that can last a long time.

Elaborate? Psychotic break? Schizophrenia?

I said overuse, not overdose. The fact that you don't understand that neurotransmitters are used up when you take psychadelics and that it takes a while for your brain to build them back up to regular levels is pretty fucking telling.

In short you're too ignorant to know that you're stupid, and to stupid to know that you're ignorant.

Surprised there’s this many conflicting opinions on shrooms. Done them bout a dozen times, always around 2-3g each dose. Every single time I’ve ended outside for the majority of the trip taking walks and being more in touch the world around me. I’ve always gotten a melancholy vibe when on them and felt more able to see through all the bullshit were constantly being fed on a daily basis by “Society”. In the end I think it helped permanently fix my issues with comparing my life to others and caring about the differences but it’s gonna be up to you what you take from the experiences.

Acid is a good time too but I’m with the one user, feels much less organic and natural and more constructed. Never had any bad trips but I’ve gotten closer to it on acid than shrooms.

Done it a number of times. I'd say it's absolutely worth trying. My advice:

>be outside in a calm, relaxing place.
>block out 4-6 hours for said trip.
>put your keys, phone, wallet, etc. in a safe place that you won't forget.
>have gum handy. Shroom burps are beyond fucking disgusting.
>remember, the trip is temporary and if you have a bad trip, it's going to be over eventually. So don't get freaked out, it'll be okay.

Without trying to sound like a faggot, shroom trips are a very spiritual experience. Not in religious way, but it allows you to expand your mind and it makes you check your ego. In past trips, it forced me to address issues with myself and shortcomings in my life that I needed to address and it's helped me become a lot more structured and ambitious. Each trip is has been different, but every time I've walked away with a new outlook on whatever particular topic that I was focused on.

the melancholy and fear of death is what keeps me doing shrooms, its like a new religion

youtube.com/watch?v=ePiLba32e0U

You know it helps to know wtf you're talking about when you're being an asshole about it, right?

OP listen to this person if you decide to do this.

>you are larping pretty hard there on something you know nothing about
>implying
Have had them three separate times. I'm no expert but I have no idea what gave you that impression.
Each trip lasted a few hours, faget.

I'm doing 4g next time, suck on that faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=lrYvH71tqrE

Titties

Eh never came close to fear of death but I came to terms with that long before taking shrooms. Things that are out of your control should not be on your mind so much. The melancholy vibe may sound bad at first but because I was tripping i questioned why I felt that way so much and lead to some of the self discovery shit people always go on about. I think your personal mental acuity has a lot more to do with how you will respond to psychedelics than other drug types. It’s your brain and unless you took an irresponsible amount you will remain in control as long as you want to. I have friends who take half the dosage I do and I see them fade into another world mentally while I’m sitting their watching nature documentaries losing my mind over silly shit.

Confirmed. I'm also low IQ and shrooms had no long term effect on me either.

Why would you buy an extra .5?

I've done shrooms before. 1 gram is enough to still function like a normal human. 2 grams is where it starts to get fun. Be careful over 2 grams if you're new. Things start to get weird and patterns get all weird. It's like your senses are all heightened. Nothing degenerate about it at all. Just don't do them often. Do something relaxing while you do it. And preferably in a quiet place with only some friends around. Make sure they know you are eating mushrooms.

>Did it make you more successful in life
mushrooms wont make you successful, you still have to put in work. at most, they will change your perspective for as long as you're high on them, and this perspective will fade away after a couple of weeks and you will be back to how you are right now.

You either have never done psys, or were to big of a pussy to take a hero dose and learn about yourself.

Great advice. I also think that being in nature is very important. Myself and people I know have tried it at home/in a city... it’s got a thing, but there’s no place as rewarding as being in the wilderness, wandering through a forest away from people. You want to explore and you don’t want to be inhibited by social expectations. Some people are worried that you’ll get yourself lost but you actually become hyper aware of your environment and won’t get lost, I’ve found. It’s important to get back to your roots, you’re a monkey, and it’s still there under the sedentary higher thinking bullshit

Took an eighth of shrooms my first time 3 years ago now and went on a hike with a couple friends. One of the best and most memorable experiences of my whole life. Found a new appreciation for life and the things/people around me. It wasn't a TRIP trip, but it was a pleasant experience. My depression went away for a few weeks/months after that. Fucking wonder drug I tell you what.

I took liquid psilocybin last week for my second time (the guy I got it from literally extracts it from the shrooms so it's in concentrate form and you don't have to actually eat the mushrooms and get nauseous). I took what was supposed to be the equivalent of 2g of dried shrooms. I had a much stronger trip than my first one, got super introspective, things were molding together, lights looked incredible; was a legit, real trip. Thankfully, I went through something similar on LSD so I was aware of what was going on while it was happening. My depression has been gone again since I took them last Thursday. I can laugh and joke around again.

Miracle drug, but can definitely take you to a bad place if you don't treat it with the respect it deserves. I think everyone should try it once, but don't do too much of it on your first time.

Definitely changed my view on life and the world.
>humans complicate things to much, the reality is simple but humans aren't and thus can't view things in their inherent simplicity
>Time is the biggest illusion, it does not exist, its conditioned, there are cycles but hours/minutes etc are just a perception

>Be careful over 2 grams if you're new.
I took 5 grams my first time. I thought I was an imposter of myself and started rocking back and forth in the fetal position like a madman while doing a Freudian psychoanalysis of myself at the top of my lungs to try and prove I understood who I was enough to show I was really myself. The guys I was with said nothing but I'm pretty sure I said some really perverse shit.
I prefer LSD personally.

This me and a friend took same dose, he was completely unresponsive and just blank faced n I was just fine

wrong. I'm an idiot and I had a great time on shrooms.

>You either have never done psys
Have had both LSD and shrooms. Much prefer LSD.
>or were to big of a pussy to take a hero dose and learn about yourself
You'd need to be a complete brainlet for something like psychedelic mushrooms to be a life-changing experience.

Lol I can’t figure out if I envy my friends like that or if I got the better end of the deal. My one friend has for hours just been zoned out on the floor rolling around and shit. Meanwhile I’m stuck in the real world watching. The first few times I thought I was playing mother hen with my friends which kept me from breaking through to a visual trip but now I just think it’s impossible for me unless I take maybe a quarter worth.

They're both natural. Shrooms just have evil vibe whereas LSD is just pure

anyone here ever done DMT? now thats the real shit.

Attached: download.jpg (207x243, 42K)

There are so many differences in biochemical individuality that the variance in tolerance of pretty much every substance is enormous. Which makes the correct dosages on medications such as SSRIs a guessing game. I suspect this is an overlooked part in why different people respond to different antidepressants so much.

Shrooms are fun. I came out of my first trip with a better sense of who I was. Acid is loud. I came out of my first trip blackpilled.

Interesting experience. I used to sperg out if people touched me or even patted me on the shoulder. After taking shrooms, no more

No such luck, have wanted to try it for a long time. That and Peyote.

I don't wanna turn into a Joe Rogan

Im actually planning on going to iquitos in peru. they have dmt and ayahuasca lodges there.

I used to pick them when I was a teenager. I would take 30 - 60 caps at a time. They were alright. They made things go wavey. They also made my throat feel like I had eaten a maggoty sock. I used to drink them in a tea at college when I didn't fancy eating them, it made me laugh a lot. There were no positive effects to cognitive ability. If you are going to take them I would suggest brewing some English breakfast tea in a saucepan and add the mushrooms, boil for 10-15min and then strain into a thermos with plenty of milk and sugar.

>Peyote
You mean mescaline right? Taking peyote instead of just the extracted live ingredient causes you to vomit and shit yourself for about an hour. Not that I can find either in Europe.

>You mean mescaline right?
Yes. I don't think I want the authentic experience. Related:
>youtube.com/watch?v=HOnnu9Pq-PQ
>Not that I can find either in Europe
Bummer.

Shroom trips can change your life for the better.
Strongly recommend buying DMT from darknet markets and vaping it. There is simply nothing else like it. The hallucinations and feeling of enlightenment are realer than reality itself.
And in 15m you're back in the room. You can barely remember what just happened, like a fleeting dream. But you're convinced it was the most important experience of your life so far. Why can't you describe it? It's just a feeling.
With shrooms you might get something actionable out of the trip.
Would definitely not fuck around with any of this stuff. Not anymore.

I think doing DMT you may find in crystal form or liquid from druggy 420 faggots is not the right way to experience DMT. It really just felt like a mildly strong dissociative when taken from a vape pen.

I would like to do Ayahausca, the kind of experience where you psych up for a week, trip for days, then spend a week detoxing. Fuck faggot 420 bros who think their brain is an eternal reflection of an Alex Grey paintinging because they smoked some fucking DMT crystal, honestly hope all those people get cancer and don't reproduce.

some advice - don't trip around other people who aren't on similar drugs. Drink (alcohol) away the come down. And remember you're in charge of your mind and body - not the drug.

Biggest benefit I ever got from shrooms was growing them and selling them. LSD is way better.

UNDERRATED

>don't trip around other people
fixed

Attached: 1512592658681.gif (309x360, 308K)

Nice

What’s wrong with that?

Took LSD 9 times, took shrooms 3 times. Both turn your brain "on". You start to see the in between moments that your subconscious is normally glazing over. I call it the "edge". It's like your brain being permanently in the moment and you can't get out. You start to see how your actions are never ending. You see moments where your actions can have direct and lasting outcomes.

I remember distinctly the moment that I became interested in money and finance. I was tripping on LSD and saw some frat kid selling some bud to a stoner. I saw the money transfer from the stoner to the frat kid and in that moment I saw the trade for what it was -- an exchange of power. I realized that the flow of money is the flow of power.

I saw this on a micro level but I was able to understand it on a macro level since that's what tripping allows you to do -- focus on the micro and macro simultaneously in ways you couldn't before.

It's the probably the same reason why you see kids who trip a lot constantly talking about pyramids and the illuminati and shit, because the money flows upward in a pyramid shape.

Going further into the trip I realized that the exchange of power is based on core "addictions" or "habits" that we develop. I coined the term "loops" during the trip because they recur. The most powerful people have no addictions, bad habits, or "dependancies".

Basically tripping allows you to alter your loops in such a way that you can reshape your mind. You start to understand the relationship between mind body and environment a lot better.

Lessons learned while tripping made me stop drinking so much, spared my interest in money, programming, building a social network, and my personal fitness as well as increasing my appreciation for art and music while also helping me forward my own philosophical ideas from the forced introspection.

I'd say it was worth getting arrested over. Especially now that my record has been wiped.

real niggas out here blazzin dmt faggits. you simply can't compete!

nice description user. how do i get lsd? im in europe. wanna try that shit but have no idea.

Ive done it once.

It was life changing.

I felt like i got to spend the day inside a new person, a new personality.

I felt like it was the personality of someone who was happy. I was optimistic and eager. I was so social.

Sigh. But it was scary and intense

I cant believe the effects wore off after just one night of sleep.

Shrooms and weed are truly from God.

Weirdo. Lsd is manmade chemical drug. Shrooms is gods gift to open your mind.

I bet you like new york disgusting "modern man"

You ever been conscious in a coma? Lol seriously after that 3rd puff you don’t know whether your eyes are opened or closed or if you’re dead or alive.

It's a question of taste. I prefer the organic feel.

>Wondering if anybody here has tried them?
yes, about 6 times
>How much did you take?
varying amounts, couple times were nearly 1/4th, the rest between 2g and 1/8th
>Did it make you more successful in life?
depends on your definition of success
>Did it change the way you look and view the world?
completely and it's lasted for years, i still think about some of those moments nearly every day
>Did the shrooms improve your focus?
you definitely become aware of things you didn't notice before even after the experience, but improving focus? probably not

recommend 10/10

> Lets just say that being in the psychedelic hell with constant panic attacks many hours alone does no good for you.
This happened to me a couple trips ago on a big-ish dose (over 3.5g). Ended up locking myself in a room and pissing all over the floor in the dark lol (had to hide myself tripping balls from certain people in the building and really had to piss). The people I used to do it with never cared about set and setting and they were both horrible at that time. I've never experienced a more primal fear than that night and don't think it would be possible to outside of a psychedelic experience. I usually trip super fucking hard even on low doses or on mdma because of en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absorption_(psychology) , so having a "bad trip" was horrifying while it was happening, i was dead for SURE mang.

>I think recreational use of psychs is way to overhyped
Recreational use is fucking stupid, this coming from someone who has used for rec every single time.. do it to explore your consciousness and to learn about yourself, to become introspective and nurture empathy and creativity.

Yes and no

I have done shrooms many times. I have learned a lot. My best advice:

1. Treat it with respect. They will kick your ass and your ego. Be prepared.
2. Don’t be afraid. Don’t be afraid of a bad trip. Those can be the best teachers. Let go. It’s all in your mind. If you let go, there’s no bad trip. Stop fighting it.
3. Do it infrequently, like once a year. Use the rest of the time to integrate what you’ve experienced.
4. Yes, it can be life changing. And it can give you a glimpse of what happens after you die.

I went through a phase of using any psychadelic I could get in college for a bit. I find psychonauts to be one of the most obnoxious people online, but I do feel they can be a tool to help you for sure. I was pretty depressed and had suicidal thoughts constantly but after ym first trip i started to recognize all the little things we take for granted and realized how beautiful the world is. This is certainly something you can figure out without taking hallucinogens, but for me this was a kick in my depression's ass. After that I tripped a many more times and tried dmt, but i stopped getting anything out of it. No desire to do any again because now its just routine whenever I do it and not that interesting since i'm now at where i need to be

After my first trip I started taking real steps to improve myself and now i'm pretty happy where i'm at. Not saying this is a guaranteed effect and i dont want to give acid too much credit, but it definitely kickstarted my "new" life and the rest was up to me

>once every 3 weeks

Attached: 1515953725458.jpg (640x640, 184K)

Nice summation. Good represenation of the psychedelic experience. Psychedelics helped me shape my world view senior year in college. It was also the only year I got a 4.0 all year long and I one two of the three largest department scholarships at the end of the year (which I used to move to the city instead of getting my masters).

>burning out my neurotransmitters and I don't even know it

they usually kickstart me out of my depression. need an intense/scary trip to get that.

i had hit rock bottom and took mushrooms. turned my life around immediately after

skip the shrooms, psylocibin is for pussies. start with 5-meo-dmt.

LSD sir much more enjoyable sir great high very nice

This is how I experienced it. I have shroomed several times, it was definitely fun but was not some transcendent experience.

Ok user listen up. I started doing shrooms with 1/8 an oz and worked my way up to 1/4 the 5th time I did them. Over a couple year time span I did a lot of shrooms, most often just popping a couple of caps and hitting the bars.

Shrooms changed my life in a very positive way, as they are a wonderful mind altering drug and absolutely expand your brains potential for seeing the world in a different light. I'm pretty sure it also kind of fucked up my memory and some other brain functions which leave me a little more jumbled feeling sometimes whereas I used to be an incredibly focused individual. The memory thing has affected me negatively in a very minor way, the other stuff is easy to deal with if you are just an otherwise organized person and create some systems for yourself.

Overall, very positive and I recommend mushrooms to everyone.

That being said, you need to do them in THE RIGHT ENVIRONMENT, or you will have a bad or weird trip. In all my time I also watched a lot of people try shrooms for their first time. People I did not really care about and so let them do their own thing and have a non-guided and non-comforted experience. Often these ended pretty bad.

I recommend finding a good friend or two who have done it before and taking 1/8 oz. with them and just hanging out in a room together, chatting and laughing.

I recommend smoking a little bit of weed on your way up and your way down as that eases the transitions considerably.

I recommend chill music.

I recommend having cigarettes or a hookah even if you don't usually smoke.

Good luck.

>erowid.org
you're either retarded or have never tried lsd. LSD is just an improved version of shrooms, if you have access to good lsd there's no use for shrooms

darknetmarkets i guess. i think they've taken down a few marketplaces and even the subreddit for it so it may be a little trickier than it used to be. perhaps start at Jow Forumsdarknetmarketnoobs?

Shrooms will show you da wei....... *leans in*....Seriously.

thats a little closed minded. everybody has their preferences user.

mice sum up user......i couldnt agree more

please go back to /b there is nothing for you here.

have fun meeting the devil

Attached: machine-elf-baphomet.jpg (946x961, 455K)

bumping to write my bad trip story later. i did a fuckton of these as a kid. overall experience was incredible but should know what you in for

he lives on
fucking love that guy.....all that he has ever said was complete speculation and storytelling and most of the things he talked about he didnt belive himself.......but they way he generated it is incredible....a true intellectual