Why didnt you become an orthodontist, or a dentist, or an ophthalmologist anons...

why didnt you become an orthodontist, or a dentist, or an ophthalmologist anons? its 4-6 years literally the time most of us idiots spend earning our bachelors + masters in dickweed. average pay is anywhere from 120k-190k. easy fucking jobs compared to your average corporate job. i literally feel like killing myself everytime i think about it. i fucked up bad.

Attached: 80986cb75e4a4c76a420f7cd839d3d33.jpg (877x500, 53K)

Look up suicide stats for dentists.

My pops ran his own practice. Retired after 20 years but he honestly hated it. Between dealing with the general population daily, dealing with shitty insurance providers, and apparently constantly working by leaning over people all day fucked his neck n back. But ayyyy early retirement.

dentistry is a very precise profession, whereas suicide stats for other corporate jobs, while lower,then to coagulate many jobs under all encompassing terms such as finance. what this means is that high stress jobs such as investment banking, being a lawyer, other stressful corporate jobs have a higher suicide rate. while your argument could have some merit, i cant see how being a dentist is actually a difficult profession. being an eye doctor is probably the easiest medical profession there is, and perhaps the easiest high paying job out there.

Dentistry is over saturated and Opthalmology is brutal, one mistake and you blind a man. I don't want that kind of responsibility, kudos to those with balls who do though.

people such as pilots and dentists who complain about their own professions have absolutely no idea what its like working for a corporation your whole fucking life. my uncle is a pilot who constantly complains about his job, yet all he ever does on his time off,which is a fucking 15 days a month, is jack shit.

You literally have your face in people's mouths for a living. Smell your own breath and tell me that wouldn't drive you to suicide.

I'm a dentist and can tell you it's not all it's cracked up to be.

thats why they have nose clips user, id rather drill some assholes teeth and get paid really well than drill reports on excel day in and day out till the end of time while praying for a 1%raise with the hopes that my boss doesnt fire me before iget it

The grass is always greener my sweet summer friend.

before dispatching an ad homimem, could you possibly elaborate why its not a great profession, compared to working at a corporation your whole life?ive only see you cite a suicide statistic.

Peoples bodies are generally grim, especially when diseased/rotten. Don't want to be a dentist, nor a proctologist, nor a podiatrist, not even a gynocologist.

Attached: DfhFmojW4AUoL-K.jpg (900x1200, 167K)

>easy fucking jobs
Also lol at this.
Dentistry is absolutely brutal physically and mentally. The stress level is extremely high. My right wrist is probably permanently fucked already. Luckily haven't had a ton of back pain but I can't even tell because I'm probably just so accustomed to it to notice. On top of all of this, the money is absolutely not worth it after you service your school loans which you almost certainly will have if you're going to school in the US unless you go military.

>statistics clearly show that a profession has a disproportionate number of suicides
>tell me why it sucks
It's an abstract kind of proof.

>after you service your school loans
kek, i guess i forgot school isnt almost free in the US.

I have a friend 7 years into it.
She's making $250k a year.
Will probably take over that practice when the dude retires, and she'll be easily doubling that.
Dentistry isn't a bad profession user.

noice. i did a bachelor and masters in 5 years and im barely minimum wage. my grades were actually high enough to get into medical school. i wanted to be a "businessman", worked out great.

so start a business then user.
I am.

easier said than done, lost my last shitty sales job and ive been unemployed for a year. if i get a real job again and a good idea might go for it IF i have enough to start a biz with whats leftover.

I quit my sales job a year ago.
Been unemployed.
Moved across the country with my girlfriend, found a place we liked and that had opportunity, and now I'm working on starting the business up.
I'm in over my head already.

Huh. Dentists are more likely to sudoku. I guess I have even more respect for my dentist now.

what kind of biz? hope it really works out user. if it wasnt so fucking hard to find another job, even a cruddy one, i would have less reason to complain.

Beverage industry
Our goal is to sell out tbqh
We want to build this brand and sell to an ABInbev, Constellation, or Heineken type company.
Best of luck to you user!

Not to mention-Student loans on 25 year repayment plan

-Office loans on 10 repayment plan
-More dental office than gas station in some cities
-Pressure to upsale procedure and materials

It absolutely sucks

There are indeed a lot of shitty sales jobs but once you grind it out and if you can find some success before you know it you're working as a sales consultant doing business to business sales and making 100k to 200,000 easily. I also work from my home office not larping

Yeah, well, it's kind of a big deal if you're an American. If you could go to school for free or close to it? Maybe it'd be a decent career because you could work an easy schedule or just work a few days a week or whatever. If you have debt hanging over your head, it blows.
Yeah it's fucking stupid. Dentistry is a meme. You have a better chance of making it in crypto than in dentistry.

rebuttal: you spend hours a day looking and feeling around in people's nasty mouths.
Honestly might as well be a plumber

dentist - glorified wagekek
ophtalmologist - 190k is lowly estimete, try 300k+. Have fun competing with hedgefund Chads and Stacies and an occasional negro to to superficially demonstrate the competition is not rigged.

t. comfy hematologist
By some miracle I didnt kms in internal medicine residency and its not so bad right now

all of the "its a terrible job" reponses come from americans. the perspective here in europe is a little different where you get in with merit and literally pay 0 in fees.

Dentistry suicide is overblown but it is a shitty profession

Go anesthesiology for max comfiness. You can also choose to only work on sedated patients

Optometrist you mean user O.D.
Opthalmologists are 4 years med school + residency and if you do surgery (likely) you deal with more than plenty of stress

lol ophthalmologists don’t go to med school you dummy

They do in america

Still, if you could go to school for free and you elect dentistry over any other branch in medicine, you're a masochist at best and an idiot at worst.

t. dentist.

dentistry is 4 years, pediatrician is 9. marginal increase in income. sorry but id start earning earlier.

Different perspective again as in the US, it's 8 years minimum after high school. Also, one year residencies are required in some states, so potentially 9 years depending on where you want to practice. Not shitting on the Euro way of doing it because honestly most undergraduate degrees are completely useless to a dentist but that's just the way it is here.

>patient comes in with extreme plaque and loose teeth
>clean teeth and one of the teeth falls out because there's basically no gum tissue left holding it in place
>get sued and your reputation plummets down even if they don't win

or

>clean/extract teeth
>accidentally move your hand in the wrong way
>patient is in extreme pain/has blood loss
>get sued and your medical license is gone

dentistry is not fucking worth it for the risks

Malpractice stuff is always a concern but honestly you have to fuck up pretty badly to lose your license in the US. A more common day to day stress as you said is managing your reputation. One bad online review from some crazy person that doesn't know what they're talking about could be really annoying and damaging to your business.

How many sats will it cost me to fix it, dentistfags?

Attached: 9FDECA17-2333-49A8-8053-66CD8378C962.jpg (690x970, 140K)

I used to be a dentist for the mob bare knuckle fighters. Bosses didn't want their fighters to have their teeth all gone and broken to the gums as it brought even more attention to them. One thing is a broken nose and fucked up face, another is a mouth with shark teeth.
Lots of money, little risk. I now retired and live off passive income.

AMA

its just a chip i have the same thing one filling will fix it, so a few hundred bucks if you don't have insurance

why havent you killed yourself yet?

You're a colossal idiot
Ophtalmology is a medical specialization and you go to med school and do residency and you will learn eye surgery in residency and there's a trainload of stress.
Optometrists are the ones who don't need to go to med school, they have their own special schoo, no residency and they earn much less than ophtalmologists and all they do is dick around with cranial exams and writing prescription glasses.
Ophthalmologist can do the job of an optometrist and more but not vice versa.

When the bare knuckle money runs out I might have to.

Dentist is four years of graduate schooling, ortho is like 6-7, and optho is 7

Thanks.

It cracked while I was eating a cherry, I thing it might be a tooth decay, Idk.

Shut the fuck up if you dont know what you are talking about

Hes completely right

T. Dentist

How many years did you work?
What's the best toothbrush+toothpaste?

12 years.
Toothpaste is a meme, you can literally just use a brush and water as long as you do it thoroughly and after every meal.

So when do you kys yourself? Hopefully soon.