/biz is on average retarded

They are giving you financial advice!

Attached: 1531362942785-3.jpg (763x948, 229K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheryl's_Birthday
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

stupid fucking question with no actual answer

you're in the below average mental retardation tier if you actually think this question had an objective correct answer.

so fucking stupid.

this is nothing new

Attached: 1529785818608.png (559x989, 62K)

That answer (august 17) is correct if you assume that B told A about not knowing the date. That post is actually mine.
So does A know because B told him or because the month makes it impossible for B to know the date?
The latter would imply it's July or August. B knowing (after eliminating May and June) the answer means it's July 16.

First of all, A knows the month and B knows the day, in that post is contrary

Nope.
A knows that B doesn't know the date (without B telling A). That means the month is either July or August.

You should eliminate only may 19 and june 18, not the whole months

OP sucks 10 dicks on average

If it was May, how would A know that B doesn't know the date? Same for June.

Tell us something we don't know you stupid motherfucker.

Because it's a month only with dates that appears twice in that list

No.
There are two possibilities
>B told him
>B didn't tell him
A knowing without B telling him means it's either July or August. Because that's the only way to know that the day isn't 18 or 19. The only way to know the date by knowing the day is if the day is 18 or 19.

That's what I wrote in

Fuck Cheryl. I was only asking to be nice and she gives me a fucking quiz.

This is actually an interesting issue.

What actually happens, 'cellar boxing', is the market makers collude to sell naked shorts to keep the price from rising. They keep doing thus, the company goes grey or gets stopped/halted... And then the mm's made a bunch of money. For them to lose on this, the epic short squeeze, will tank a marketful of trading desks.

Naked shorting even below the .0001 which only mm's may trade, printing .00001 signalling 'trades'

I corrected the post here

Are we memeing this as the correct answer? Also, what the hell is this question from?

This. There is no possible answer.
>John has a certain amount of popsicles. Dan and Matt don't know how many popsicles John has. How many popsicles does John have?

If you don't understand it it doesn't mean it has no answer. Everything look so clear to me, I don't see how you don't understand even after seeing the solution

Yeah, that's the point. He knows that B's number isn't 18 or 19. How could he know without B telling him? it's because he knows the month and there's no 18 or 19 choice for it.

I'm actually suprised, but I think Jow Forums is "dumber" than the rest of Jow Forums
on other boards anons get answer to those logic puzzles quickly and then they post more puzzles or they are pretending to be retarded(like op is doing right now), there are some people talking about first puzzle but they minority
here for whole 300+ posts discussion was on this 1 puzzle and it seems not many anons got it

What I cannot understand is the logical gap here on the pic OP posted:
>A knows that B doesn't know the date by knowing the day
>thus it can't be June 18 or May 19

I'm trying to guess what's the logic here.

Because if it were 18 or 19 B would know, because those dates appear only once

Faggot OP, you obviously picked the date only 1 person answered

Attached: 1426868705893.jpg (278x203, 30K)

Are you guys trolling or just retarded? I honestly can't even tell anymore. Wtf is going on here? I thought it was obvious the answer was july 16?

this^
fuck off OP.

You are a moron

Go on Jow Forums and see how they struggle

A knows the month. since there are only 2 unique days and he KNOWS the month, he knows those aren't the day told to B.

the question now, though, is: can B deduce that May and June aren't the month told to A? or is that going too far?

Try to understand that answer first

Also I have the book, the answer is 17 august

Screenshot or stfu

That motherfucker

Attached: 1520224147309.png (396x385, 119K)

there is kind of but there is a logic gap in the question.
bernard knows the month and day only because albert does not know it yet.
1. it must be a month with matching days, no unique days
2. Albert still does not know the birthday after elminating June 18 which means Bernard knows the month isnt June it is August and he now knows the month and day
3. This isnt relevant to completing the logic but Albert now knows the day since Bernard announced he knows the month and day

pol is more retarded, they can't even construct sentences without including kikes or niggers in them. also their depth of knowledge goes as far as whatever garbage youtube celebs spout. and if you try to debate them, they just cherry pick one thing they don't like about your argument and greentext it without any attempt to refute the argument because they simply are incapable of doing so. they don't know how to debate, so all they do is "muh lefty agenda" "sjws" "niggers" "jews" "mudshits" "pajeets"

literally brainlets

at least biz i can discuss economics(outside of stocks and crypto) and it usually goes fine.

Yes he can deduce that

1. B does not know the month, but he knows that A knows the month. Meaning B can deduce everything that A deduces if A's particular month is not brought up.

Not only this but the dialogue they have is a given, so B also knows what A says. Meaning, B knows he cant know the month just form the day he was told, because A said so, and the part you forgot is, B also knows that from the month and deduction A made, A still doesnt know the date.

2. So to start from the beginning, B deduces what A deduces, that it cant be june 18 or june 19, and from this B can deduce that it cant be june 17 either because A said he doesnt know, and if A eliminated june 18 and 19 he would have to know it was june 17 if he was told june was the month.Therefore the month is not june

Then it goes to the next piece of dialogue. B has figured it out. How? Thanks to eliminating one 17 and leaving the only other 17, lead to the answer, August 17.

3. A can deduce this from the bit of dialogue just given from B, because again it doesnt take any information about a particular month, you can just speculate in the way we have, "if this month then x, but that cant be so, so it cant be that month", so now they both know.

There is no gap

It's August 17 if Bernard told Albert that he didn't know the date. (see the pic in op)
It's July 16 if Bernand told Albert nothing, see

So the answer depends on how you interpret Albert's first sentence ("I know that Bernard does not know").

I approve of this /biz brain testing

pls continue

Attached: os5sf4J.jpg (728x1078, 80K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheryl's_Birthday

> Solution
The answer to the question is July 16.

> Incorrect solution
After the question went viral, some people suggested August 17 was an alternative answer to the question.[9] This is rejected by the Singapore and Asian School Math Olympiads as a valid answer.[9]

>if you assume that B told A about not knowing the date
>if
It is literally only correct under that assumption. Without it you get July 16.

Your explanation makes no sense and I wrote the answer in the op. Try to reread it.
And then read
which gives July 17 if B didn't tell A

*July 16

The 4th comment in the thread gave the right answer actually and it was trips.

"I don’t know when your birthday is, but I know Bernard doesn’t know, either."

The first half of the sentence is obvious — Albert only knows the month, but not the day — but the second half is the first critical clue.

The initial reaction is, how could Bernard know? Cheryl only whispered the day, so how could he have more information than Albert? But if Cheryl had whispered “19,” then Bernard would indeed know the exact date — May 19 — because there is only one date with 19 in it. Similarly, if Cheryl had told Bernard, “18,” then Bernard would know Cheryl’s birthday was June 18.

Thus, for this statement by Albert to be true means that Cheryl did not say to Albert, “May” or “June.” (Again, for logic puzzles, the possibility that Albert is lying or confused is off the table.) Then Bernard replies:

"I didn’t know originally, but now I do."

So from Albert’s statement, Bernard now also knows that Cheryl’s birthday is not in May or June, eliminating half of the possibilities, leaving July 14, July 16, Aug. 14, Aug. 15 and Aug. 17. But Bernard now knows. If Cheryl had told him “14,” he would not know, because there would still be two possibilities: July 14 and Aug. 14. Thus we know the day is not the 14th.

Now there are only three possibilities left: July 16, Aug. 15 and Aug. 17. Albert again:

"Well, now I know too!"

The same logical process again: For Albert to know, the month has to be July, because if Cheryl had told him, “August,” then he would still have two possibilities: Aug. 15 and Aug. 17.

The answer is July 16.

You're welcome biz

Attached: 1531380559221.png (939x883, 43K)

Hey attention seeking OP, I corrected your pic for you. I literally said outright you'd be a huge faggot a make a follow up thread for more attention and (You)s, and what do you know know?

I was right again.

Faggot.

Attached: thisis'biz'.jpg (763x1010, 201K)

Interesting that when I post a full explanation I get dubs. Digits don't lie.

>Thus, for this statement by Albert to be true means that Cheryl did not say to Albert, “May” or “June.” (Again, for logic puzzles, the possibility that Albert is lying or confused is off the table.) Then Bernard replies:
can you expand more on this line. i understand everything else in the solution except for eliminating the other may and june dates

fianlly someone with a triple digit iq. halle luja

The question is fucking stupid. If a can tell b he doesn't know what the date is why can't he just tell him the month... fucking retarded ass shit

Read the paragraph preceeding the one you quoted carefully again. Statements made by characters in all logic puzzles are always the truth. They never lie and are never confused. You must assume both Albert and Bernard understand everything they can understand with the information provided and that Cheryl never lied or tricked Albert or Bernard.

In order for Albert to know that Bernard does not know both the month and day based only on the number that Cheryl gave Bernard, Cheryl must have told Albert a month where the number dates availble from the chart Cheryl provided all have at least one duplicate number date from another month.

To clarify, if Cheryl had told Albert her date of birth was May or June then Albert would have no way of knowing that Bernard for sure does not know the month as well because the 18th and 19th are unique days not repeated anywhere else in the chart.

Cheryl must have told Albert either July or August because those ate the only months with number dates that are repeated elsewhere.

There is no right answer between July 16, August 15 and August 17.
>Bernard doesn't know the month
>this means any month with a "unique" day is crossed out.
>By crossing out May and June, we're left with July and August.
>Bernard cannot decide the date if he was told 14th because there's a 50% chance.
>All dates left are unique and thus permissible answers.

The answer is Albert lied. People make a huge mistake by not crossing out the -entire- months at the very first step and the problem was very badly constructed.

last step: albert says:"Now i know too". This means he was able to exclude 2 of the remaining 3 choices. If he had august on the list he could only exclude july. this means he must have july on his list as that allows him to exclude both august choices and have july 16 as the answer.

These kind of questions are deliberately made open-ended or with tricks to rile people up and get discussion.
And look all you mindless sheep are no better than grandmas on facebook.

Makes Sense, heres why.

A only knows its one of the months:
M, J, J2, A

B only knows its one of the dates:
14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

14 15 16 17 18 19
A A J2 J J M
J2 M M A

Albert claims he doesnt know, but he claims that he knows Bernard cannot know too.

Eliminates 18 and 19 as days, since it cant possibly be 18, 19, it also impossible for it to be M or J (since Bernard would have a chance of knowing if it was M or J), so Bernard now knows its never M or J.

This leaves A and J2 to think about for Bernard, with
14, 15, 16, 17 left

It cannot be 14, because he couldnt claim that he knows.
15, 16, 17 left.
B now knows the exact date, and proceeds to tell A that he does.

A claims that he know also knows what the birthday is, how can A know? If between 15, 16 and 17 there was only a single option for his month left, since August has two options, albert can only know if its july.

Hence birthday is July 16th.

but its not open ended, july 16th is the clear answer. only trolls and retards dont get it,

The wording is difficult due to "I know" statements. This is why it confuses people, because nobody knows what the people might be thinking when they visualize it as people talking. As a simple process of elimination statements it is easy.

To clarify:
A has the M data not the D
B has the D data not the M
The "retarded" answer in OP got A and B mixed up.

statement1. (Bernard does not know at first)
>The D data is not enough determine the M data alone.
(this rules out June 18 and May 19, which are solo.)

statement2. (I know Bernard does not know.)
>M data is enough to conclude statement1 by itself(Albert knows Bernard doesn't know, right from the start before he said so!)
(this fully rules out May and June, the two months the solo dates are on entirely)

statement 3. ("Bernard knows now").
>The D must be a solo date after removing May and June.(If D was 14 Bernard would not know the M, since that date is shared)
(D is either July 16, August 15 or August 17.)

statement 4. ("Albert knows too now")
>The M data is a solo date in the above 3 choices.
(It can't be August then, it must be July 16)