Where does Biz stand on buying vs leasing a car?

Which is more economically smarter?

And when I say buying I mean buying a used car.

Attached: carpepe.jpg (1200x630, 65K)

Leasing for a new car is the best way to go.

Now onto used, you have to model the depreciation curve, and know if you're able to perform your own maintenance (and possibly enjoy it). I picked up an SL55 at the bottom of the depreciation curve + heavy discounting because the suspension is hard for people to work on ($17 cable and some warez). So there's a lot factors at play.

Depends on how many miles you intend to do.

If you want to do more than 10k a year, buy used like new where you know what you are getting. Finance with a credit union.

Skyacvtiv vehicles can be had privately generously below market value, and you will never be underwater as their value relative to other shitboxes is proven.

buy it with cash money. if you cant do that you cant afford.

This

I bought a gen 1 TT 225 and it's been great, Kept its and costs nothing to upkeep (there are websites that track models and upkeep that are good to look at)

It takes research. Like a gen 2 is a piece of shit and costs $6000 a year in repairs.

>owning a depreciating asset (that not crypto)

Why but so old cars, you look poor while trying to look rich.

>finance with a credit union

fuck that shit just go and rob the place

You sound like a status hunting peasant. It's a fucking sports car, you can buy one because you like to drive a performance vehicle.

But to your low IQ point I am 24 and own a brick and mortar that does really well so people in town already know that I am doing well. People also come up and say it's a nice car and ask me about it. Idk man between the car, the model GF, the nice clothes & the business people want to work with me and love coming up to me in public. GF likes to drive the car, German grandma loves the car. Feels good and to my personal point it's fun for me to drive and nothing else will drive like that for 6-7k

Its funny because leasing is really an American thing. In Europe we think of people who lease as degenerates. We buy a car we can actually afford.

(((leasing)))

Attached: b8Q2rXmR.jpg (1023x1023, 114K)

> Old Audi TT a sport car
That must be a joke the sl55 guy have an old sports car you have a modified VW bettle.

>We buy a car we can actually afford.

So, a 3 cyl 900cc shitbox that you have to pay for $1000 annualy and fuel costing $8/gal?

What's wrong with leasing? I can lease a Honda Civic for 3 years for $7200. If I were to outright buy it then that would cost me $18,940 - $26,800.

Most people switch cars after 3 years anyways.

it's degenerate. People used to value ownership. Now ownership is looked down on in nearly all aspects of modern life.

If you lease anything you are willingly submitting yourself to be a slave. You are trading your financial freedom for the temporary appearance of wealth and status. In reality you are poor.

Buy a few years old used car with

> muh degeneracy
Address the actual points I made instead of bitching. America isn't some bitchmade eurotrash city where people get around on bikes. You need a car and most people don't have 20 grand lying around to buy a car with cash. If you take out a loan instead of leasing guess what? The bank owns your car until you pay off that loan you dumbfuck.

Certain models of Mercedes are kind of timeless looking, others show their age really fast.

I just repainted a few panels on the SL and fitted new wheels. I have an upgraded supercharger, remapped fuel and ignition, and a keyfob computer that automates some stuff like remote start, convertible top movement.

For person safety reasons, I refuse to buy a car that can accept online software updates, so I'm stuck with my late 00's.

You lease a new car because it's rate of depreciation is faster than the payments you make.

If you take even basic accounting, you'll learn
>Lease Depreciating Assets
>Buy Appreciating Assets

But this is Jow Forums so I'm sure the advice must be inversed, Buy High, Sell Low

>more smarter
Well I already know that whatever you personally do is fucking stupid

Yeah that's $7200 on the outside. Now add in mileage restrictions, the mandatory GAP insurance and other bullshit like "excess wear" charges when it comes time to turn it in and you're no longer at $7200.
If you're some spastic fuck that needs a new car every 3 years, then lease. But buy a reliable car and drive it into the ground.
Plus OP said used car, and buying used is ultimately better than buying new or leasing minus the higher interest.

are you fucking retarded?
Why would you ever take out a loan to buy a car?
Why would you spend 20,000 on a car ESPECIALLY if you're not buying it in cash.
You can buy a car that lasts at least 3 years for approximately 3,000 dollars (maybe even less if you know what you're looking for).

Never buy things with loans. It's how the banks take away your freedom.

i don't give a fuck what they teach you in kike indoctrination class.

Learn to own things, not be a slave.

Mileage restriction isn't even a problem unless you're a truck driver or something.

Even with mandatory insurance its still significantly cheaper than buying a car. And you'd probably end up spending more on repairs if you bought as used car anyways.

Haha what shitbox are you gonna buy for 3000 dollars that lasts you for 3 years? You're looking at the very least 6-7 grand and then you'll be spending probably 3 grand on repairs. Have fun.

you will never understand the freedom you get knowing that you answer to nobody. I could total my car and I wouldn't give a shit because I would just buy another one with cash. I answer to nobody. Have fun worrying about every scratch on your car and how many miles you're driving.

Considering leasing a Jeep Compass (in a snowy, pothole filled state) if I don't make it in crypto when my current Japanese car dies out (2009 103k miles so I should be good til next bullrun)

I bought my first car 6 years ago for 2,000 dollars and I think I had to repair it once. The only expense I had to pay was insurance (total scam btw) and gas. I knew at any second I could total the fucker and just get another one so I totally beat the shit out of it driving off road and racing my friends. I have absolute freedom that you will never understand.

>status hunting peasant

agreed, unfortunately ~90% of the population fits that description. Being able to stop yourself from chasing status is actually one of the best ways to "make it" because you won't be wasting your wealth on useless shit as you accrue it.

I still drive an older Mustang, bought it like 10 years ago for ~$8k, have done almost all the repairs and maintenance on it myself, still in good shape, reasonably low mileage.

Shut up boomer and quit larping

Honestly, if you buy brand new and have a 10 year full warranty, you'll be somewhat comfortable like me. You can always pay it off faster if you want, but at the end of the day, you have a car that you know will run for 10 years, at least.

Yeah and I am sure it's good fun to drive. So good on you for being reasonable and enjoying yourself still.

woot
is 10 year warranty even offered?

>what is a single lease pay

Leasing is long term the best move you can make if you have cash flow

For example, the new Alfa Romeo's. I would recommend leasing those, no matter what.

Cars worth Buying are depreciation dipped Ferraris. I flipped a few F355's in 2014-2015 when they crashed to around $40k.

If you can't grasp the basics of business and finance and think 'it's da joos!' for everything I suggest you return to stormfront.

Attached: wlp-gassed.png (1337x843, 1.57M)

I'm thinking about leasing a car, then buying it straight cash at the end. Is this a bad idea?

>"you sound like a status hunting peasant"
>proceeds to sound like a status hunting peasant
>on a bangladeshi frog-breeding forum

Attached: byallahbehaveyourselfiwillgiveyouatasteofmyshoe.jpg (678x403, 57K)

I earn 50k a year after taxes and got a bank loan to buy a 70k Lexus because it's my cream car and I haven't regretted it for a single day. 2 more years until it's paid off

Yea I'm sure dealerships are leasing cars their losing money on. Fucking kek. You're also assuming people who buy cars pay msrp, which unless you have an IQ low enough to think leasing is cheaper you dont ever pay msrp on a civic.

When you give it back, they sell it as a certified pre-owned. It's a gamble on depreciation vs. how much you pay during the lease period. If it depreciates more than what you pay, then you make out. If it depreciates less than what you pay, then they make out. They do this for a living, though, so they can probably guess better than you can how much it'll depreciate so they'll probably be the ones to make out on the deal.

tl:dr leasing is for middle aged women who want to keep up with the Joneses and not think about it too much

brand new lads... i finally made it.

Attached: 345678900.jpg (500x277, 36K)

I mean the guy isn't wrong.
My first car was a $1700 1997 Volvo wagon with the odometer stuck at 180,000. That car lasted for four years and the only thing I ever changed was an axle when we first got it, which was a bitch. After that it was just fluids, tires, and a battery issue.
A few thousand more than that and some intelligent searching and you can find a very nice car for little money, which is what I did after selling the Volvo. Buy a nearly-new car from one of the many idiots who sell their few-year-old car for half the price they purchased it for. Pick a reliable vehicle from a few years ago with good reviews, find one online with lower mileage, and you've got yourself a like-new car for half the money. Obviously don't get one that's been trashed, smoked in, etc. Civic is the obvious choice, but there are many cars like it, whatever best fits your needs.

The economically smarter move is to get so good at making money you A) don't have to give a fuck because B) you pay someone to deal with that shit for you.

Buying a depreciating asset when you have little access to credit or capital, no matter how you do it, buy, lease, you will fuck yourself in a way you don't measure, which is opportunity cost. If you want to stop being poor, think in terms of opportunity cost, not just numbers cost.

You are better off getting credit to leverage on investments or trades, shit, spending it on living expenses so you can quit your job & seize more financial opportunities, etc. Even if the car 'only' costs you 6k a year, if you used that 6k instead to short BTC with 20x leverage, on a ~2k price movement (which it has been doing for months now), you could turn that 6k into 40k. Just because crypto is tanking doesn't mean you can't make money, until you can make enough money, don't buy the car dummy. Now let's say you bought the car and because you work a shitty wage-cuck job, after living expenses, you don't have the money to seize that opportunity, all of a sudden that cheap, 6k lease just cost you 34k in profit, doesn't seem so cheap now.

That's not to mention what you could do when instead of getting a car lease, you instead get an unsecured personal loan, max your credit card, shove 60k into that opportunity instead of 6k, clear 340k profit, etc, when your credit is tied up on an asset that you can't pull a profit from, you can't lever into good opportunities when they arise.

You should only buy a depreciating asset when you are making enough money to not give a shit about the depreciation, until then you need to focus on making more money.

>But to your low IQ point I am 24 and own a brick and mortar that does really well so people in town already know that I am doing well. People also come up and say it's a nice car and ask me about it. Idk man between the car, the model GF, the nice clothes & the business people want to work with me and love coming up to me in public. GF likes to drive the car, German grandma loves the car. Feels good and to my personal point it's fun for me to drive and nothing else will drive like that for 6-7k
>dat hurt ego

>that you have to pay for $1000 annualy
Why that ?

Also eurocars have better fuel efficiency that americars.

He got mad at me for pointing it out.

It's clear user likes his car and likes even working on it. Old performance cars kept in good shape are pretty cool by default, but you're incapable of seeing cars as anything but status symbol that needs to be exchanged every X years as to not look poor while completely missing the point he was making.

>pay $50 a month
>some wagie has to drive me around
>dont pay normie tax like tolls and insurance

stay poor

Attached: qcI7C60[1].jpg (900x675, 64K)

Cars will always be status symbols, old 911 are very beautiful.
old TT's not so much.

Attached: 20180713_151507-COLLAGE.jpg (1024x1024, 210K)

I agree here, in Canada, leasing rate is much cheaper than finance rate.

Everybody I talk to say leasing is bad... but I got 0.4% lease rate and they got a 6%+ finance rate. Further, I can buyout the vehicle at 50% residual value from new afterwards if I decide to buy it out.

For a $54k'ish vehicle, I ended up paying less than $500 in total interest payments just by leasing at 0.4%.

the TT looks so fucking disgusting, even for a woman car.