Let's stop fucking around and actually be honest here

was it all just a scam?

Attached: C7x4T1lXkAEjIrH.jpg (800x748, 47K)

shitcoins yes. coinbase coins no.

everything is a scam except for ripple
buy ripple while it's cheap
$10 end of 2018

what's the difference when they have all tanked massively? it doesn't matter if shitcoin or not

The idea behind cryptocurrencies is a good solid idea, a lot of smart people jumped into investing in crypto, mostly in Bitcoin since that is the most recognized and reputable. But as soon as news got out about how much power usage Bitcoin was using it became immediately clear to everyone that crypto cant scale. Bitcoin is already using an excessive amount of power and it has almost zero mainstream adoption. All this attach-to-Bitcoin protocols to try and make it scale are just stupid.

Crypto is dead unless someone can figure out how to make it use less power, which is impossible because the security behind crypto lies in the amount of computer power it would take to hack it.

guys is this true?

Power is not an issue dumbass

Yes, of course. The only question is if the scam can continue for another cycle.

We can figure out another way to generate easy cheap and environmental friendly electricity easier than solving crypto power problem

Its the entire issue, even people who dont give a fuck about the environment are not going to get into crypto when they see the power usage figures, crypto is dead, setting up mining in poor countries with excessive power production is not a solution.

Crypto is scam, sell

Well, I can't see bitcoin going away desu. Why wouldn't it continue with this exact same pump and dump cycle?

Who told you I’m speaking about poor countries you dumbass

You really think that the way we generate electricity will stay the same in 50 year ? Are you dumb ?

Fuck, he noticed.. everyone RUN!

I dont care what you say, Im telling you that there is not enough power to run crypto as a mainstream currency, thats a fact, end of story

ok, one we perfect cold fusion or whatever limitless energy source, then you can get make on the crypto bull run, till then, its dead

Yes for the millionth time, its a fucking

S

C

A

M

you must be slow or something

Kek gtfo man you qre totally a dumbass and you will not make it

>what is nano?

Most shitcoins are a scam except tree or four with real use case like btc ether ripple and bat all the rest will exit scam on you bancor or bitconee style

just think about the worlds fiat systems and their power demand and logistics and police and banks and all that shite

Well consensus mechanisms for decentralized computing are not a scam - it's interesting computer science with applications such as quick digital money transfer or anonymous voting - but the whole ICO (kickstarter alternative with build in speculation drive) got out of hand. This is still true.

Ideas like proof of work, smart contracts etc. are from the 90's and the blockchain data structure was from the 70's, but at least Satoshi - with his innovation of proof of work for consensus - gave drive to the distributet consensus mechanisms field.
I agree with that user that proof of work for consensus was just an interesting idea that didn't scale. But good solutions are still possible. If you look at the space, only stuff like Bitcoin, Monero, EOS, have def team that are of relevant size. It's a joke of course, that those hold "stocks" worth billions. If you take a 50 man team at google you can certainly come up with a more stable protocol in just a few years.

Attached: hp-lovegraft-copy.jpg (837x1091, 254K)

brainlet detected. changing the way crypto(an unsaturated market) works energy wise is much easier than competing with trillion dollar fossil fuel companies that will do everything in their power to use the government to stop you from developing such technologies. i swear you retards are incapable of using your brains on this board, fit, and pol. top 3 most brain dead boards on this site

Attached: brainlet.jpg (221x250, 8K)

Cough cough DAGs cough cough
Cough cough DHTs cough cough

This literally.

I hit 400k last cycle.

I just need one FUCKING MORE GODDAMN IT. I DESERVE IT FOR HOLDING SINCE 2014. FUCKKKKAUGHHHH

What was bitcoin made for?
To Transfer money. Borderless feeless and fast.
It does all of that at 5 dollars or even less.
It was even better for that at that price and it was by some fucking magic fester and cheaper. So the answer to your question is: yes everything but bitcoin is a useless scam. And a price higher than maybe 10 dollars is a scam too

LTC is literally the biggest scam. Founder dumped on everyone else.