/smg/ Stock market general

>shadman
Edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:

Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx
money.cnn.com/data/premarket/
cnbc.com/pre-markets/

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Good books:
The Intelligent Investor; Benjamin Graham
Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits; Philip Fisher

CNBC Live:
livenewson.com/american/cnbc-america.html
Fox Business Live:
livenewson.com/business/fox-business-network-fbn.html
Bloomberg Live:
livenewson.com/american/bloomberg-television-business.html

Basic rundown on options:
youtube.com/watch?v=TBAQtjyqNHw [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=SuTTzfa4ePE

Previous

Attached: Screenshot_20180711-113332.jpg (1435x1634, 579K)

Plan 4 2 day!
If 280 breaks
282.3 next target!

If 280 fails break, expect easy fall to 274!
Resistance @ 280 still strong hopefully no gap up!

wtb better handwriting

Attached: 20180713_075448.jpg (1416x2400, 615K)

green day

Attached: cool2.png (927x581, 240K)

remember its ER season starting today after the bell
things might not move the way they usually would

I'm thinking about selling my JD and BRK.B to double down on AT&T

I wish I could understand what all these colors and lines mean.
Maybe one day, I'm on trading Day 2 after all.

AT&T is going to lose the law suit and you are going to get just'd.

I've 8€ left, what do I buy.

Attached: 1430886897748.png (721x721, 292K)

Hmm... yeah it might be a little too risky to double down, I'm already holding 250 shares of T as it is. Maybe I'll just ride this out and see what happens.

>JPNL

Attached: 1530673430183.jpg (755x687, 189K)

I should probably get rid of my JD and BRK-B holdings anyway though, I'm not too confident in either of them. BRK-B has been a huge disappointment, it seems to lag behind everything.

Ditch the chink shit but why the brk? You think you are smarter than buffet-sama?

>shadman

Attached: image.png (500x375, 217K)

>ids
no
blue day confirmed

My DB calls expiring today with 11.50 strike all just sold for profit. I really really think DB is being manipulated and will gain.

fug
muh GBR limit got passed right over
that 20 cent spread is fucking ridiculous
those MMs must be making fucking bank

BRK is just terribly sluggish, maybe it's because Buffet is sitting on like $100 billion in cash because he "can't find any good value stocks to invest in". I dunno, it's like trading a .25X de-leveraged index tracking ETF.

Yeah it is a boomer stock but at least it's safe.

700 million shares of BAC

Attached: buffet holdings.png (858x458, 92K)

JPM beats handily raises div and buybacks and were down today
>options expire NEXT friday
she really needs to move, rather not roll them but I will if needed

>Buffet is sitting on like $100 billion in cash because he "can't find any good value stocks to invest in"
this says more about the state of the market than anything imo

seems the only thing he HAS bought is bank stocks in anticipation of the doubling divs

Attached: BRK.B BAC.png (1417x687, 143K)

>that juicy nflx dip right before earnings are reported on Monday

do you remember what happened last ER?
all the banks jumped off a cliff on record beats

Yeah fuck the banks and fuck jpm today.

BAC is down 1.2% today and BRK-B is down .37%. So I guess BRK-B is actually a de-leveraged .33X BAC tracking derivative at this point.

Is this the ascending wedge on TLT? Are we about to go down hill soon? I'm holding empty bags over here!

basically, but only for now

NETFLIX

FUCK YEAH

WHO ELSE SHORTING THROUGH EARNINGS HERE

Fuck you BAC

Attached: 1531444952795.jpg (600x600, 46K)

Same user, we’ll figure it out

>JPM smashes estimates
>goes down 1%

this happened last earnings but I thought that was due to the fact they front loaded debt from the tax cut. why?

not expecting good earning?

>banks
I warned you about China stocks
I warned you about banks stocks

Also, chinese trade UP UP UP

I predict they're going to gap up after earnings and then you're going to get so many profit takers shit turns redder than my face after the first 15 minutes of that debate drinking game I played last night.

Absolutely JUST'd. Damn banks.

Attached: 1530305797931.jpg (472x472, 69K)

y'all ready?

Attached: 1a28c63b0ee165d6d22abe14dee90806a37bd3f0dfc22e32071234db6f70ad06.png (454x255, 19K)

we are in a securities bubble, and it will correct with another couple of quarters of "beat earnings and crash anyway". long vol, and PREPARE THE BEAR

Is the ROAD meme done or do you guys think it could pop again?

godspeed friend

because large banks are literal garbage
they cant into making money w out risky loans, and the markets not acting normal, so they cant make money that way either. sure, they have a lot of cash, but in all likelihood, they are probably leveraged far beyond that

i see these glorious divs and constant "shut up and buy it nyaaa" prop as a bribe desu

sure hope im wrong tho

its just overvalued as fuck

NFLX under 400 now

WERE GOING DOOOWWWNNNN

Attached: DhR1WZBUcAAB7NZ.jpg (800x1200, 117K)

>IQ and BILI

Well the banks just'd me, I'm going back to bed. Good night /smg/

True, I work for a defense contractor and used to work for another and we aren't really secretive about it.

Stay away from all chink stocks.

Who didn't see a pullback coming today?

STOP SELLING!

Attached: 1485881978562.png (1200x700, 519K)

me. but i'm a boomer and long in all my stocks so it doesn't really matter to me. always looking for a buy opportunity. monthly bonus goes straight to investing

hey to all you oil shorts out there, i see oil rising over the next day or so at least. i closed my shorts out yesterday in the middle of the day. the OVX (oil VIX) is falling back down to extremely low levels. i dont think there is enough sell pressure to keep it down today.

still see it finishing up a correction and maybe going down to 13s again before taking off, but maybe not.

Attached: OVX vs USO.png (1599x737, 75K)

I've been posting Mike Tyson memes for like three days

Buy the BAC dip nyyaaaaaaaaa

Attached: goldfff.png (1288x939, 478K)

Same here. I've been shilling oil shorts for last two weeks but sold out yesterday. It should be going back up again
Invest in loli because I'm going to start cutting supply if you know what I mean

Attached: shadman-a-shad-base-experiment-glowing-1000-degree-knife-vs-10089971.png (500x522, 114K)

BEARS

RISE UP

Attached: 2bfa00247836cd079d87205690844abd-rimg-w500-h485-gmir[1].jpg (500x485, 12K)

YUMC

Attached: 1509114617725.png (462x422, 140K)

yea ive been shilling it too, but i also dont wanna get people trapped on the wrong side of it ya know? im still very much macro bull on oil

KO needs to get back up to 46 a share

>buy lb yesterday as price and stabilised and volumes died off
>yuge volumes drives it down another 80 cents today
JUST

Well I should've just gone all in on Boeing 3 weeks ago and I would've been much better off than I am right now.

Also, what does it mean when Etrade "adjusts" my stop loss order like this? I didn't do that, they did that shit on their own.

Attached: (((adjusted))).png (576x137, 18K)

>Boeing
lel

>shadman

Attached: IMG_2127.jpg (500x336, 27K)

BIOC, nigga what? and ss restricted, fuuuuck

I'm up almost 6% on Boeing in 2.5 weeks. My other holdings (bank shit, consumer shit, chink shit, tech shit, heavy equipment shit) isn't doing near as well.

Did you set a trailing or % stop?
Called it because it was an obvious short term quick win, then pointed out the breakout. Posters can do what they want and shouldn't be blindly following anything said here

Mueller and Rosenstein are holding a special news conference.

Wonder how the market will react.

Is it over for DRUMPF! you guys?

Should I dump AMRS while the going's good or ride the yeast beast all the way to [spoiler]mid-teens

LB's JUSTing me today too.

puts finally paid out today. sitting on sidelines thru earnings. I think it's overvalued af still at under 400 but too risky for me to hold a short thru er

Nope, just a standard stop, I always set a static stop loss order at 5% below my purchase price.

my BILI right now but it should recover.

Attached: v2-de99b28d6cc741d23d4ee688116c62a1_b.gif (200x281, 504K)

>Posters can do what they want and shouldn't be blindly following anything said here
but some do just blindly follow unfortunately
just figured id give the heads up

same thing with my bond short too
neutralized my deltas the other day

you know that when your stop price is hit it submits a market sell order right?

so you filled the bid at 101.09

if you use a stop-limit order instead it will submit a limit sell and you wont have this issue
dumb fucking echo poster

IS THIS FINALLY THE DRUMPF CRASH I NEED THAT PUT CASH

Attached: 1529288280224.png (628x719, 347K)

this quarters ER is supposed to be the make-or-break one, but i honestly havent kept up w it

but if they can show that theyre still on track, this is the one where we see it really take off. but definitely read up more on the dilution, as its kinda killed the sentiment, and it totally JUSTd that bullrun after Q4 ER

lol if 2800 cannot be broken for a third fucking time we are going doooooown

I got justed on my defense stocks when Trump went to Korea and now I'm bagholding. Not BA, but the others, LMT and RTN. So, good on you for timing this shit right

banks heading back to green

Maybe it had something to do with the dividend? I remember this happened once before.

No, the price never got close to my stop, that order never executed, Etrade just changed my stop price. I know exactly how stops work, I don't know why Etrade fiddles with the price that I set in my order. I am still holding those 50 shares of JPM and the stop price is still at $101.09 where Etrade adjusted it to.

Attached: orders.png (761x354, 32K)

The market has never responded to any of the Trump/Mueller/Russia news in the past year, I've been watching because I like trading volatility products. This has led me to believe that the entire Russia story is just kayfabe and all the big institutional money knows it

BAC making me sweaty as usual.

Attached: 1526756368685.jpg (525x429, 62K)

Thoughts on 3D Systems (DDD)? 50%+ gains since Q4 2017. Still a small fraction of its ATH. I wish I bought more than I did.

Been casually asking about this stock in smg for months. No one ever responds.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT WAS OUR TURN

Attached: 1516990836705.jpg (649x604, 28K)

Shorties on suicide watch

just do your own research

Ah good ol' 3D stocks. I remember fucking with DDD and VJET a few years ago. Good times.

I haven't been keeping up with the 3D printing sector so I wouldn't know what to tell ya man.

if i have 5 grand cash to invest right now to i wait for it to dip further or buy this recent dip since Jan?

>american asanagi

the RKG penis index says VIX is about to cross over bullish on 15 mins. SPY and QQQ about to as well. sell signal when it does

15min charts and 30min charts seem to be the short term sweet spot desu

Attached: rkg VIX crossover imminent.png (1413x655, 111K)

3d printing bubble was years ago fren. Wouldn't expect to make fat gains again. Ssys appears to be a predictable cyclical swing trade now though

what is your timeline and what do you want to do?

like, if you don't want to watch the market every day the way we do, then put it all on SPY or VT (or TQQQ if you're feeling spicy) and forget about it and go live your life.

Or you can gamble on options and penny stocks and commodity ETFs and shit with us, but that takes actively paying attention

depends on what you're buying. if you're buying a single company or a few, you can buy now if you find a decent deal. if you're looking to invest broadly i would wait for the larger correction and continue saving cash. probably in the next year or so

Real victim grill is my portfolio desu

99% of my portfolio is like rotisserie chicken: set it and forget it (divs, mutual funds, Roth IRA and 401K).

Was thinking about either putting it all on XRP to retire in 2025 or Robinhood it and make a few trades a week. But that takes knowledge and time, I don't have much of either right now.

here we go

Attached: rty7.13.18.png (446x789, 293K)

wtf am i looking at

An E-mini Russell 2000 Index Futures Short

Attached: rty7.13.18(2).png (442x790, 327K)

HBI Hanes what do you guys think about it? I'm thinking about shorting it.

Attached: abigailplayers.png (500x522, 149K)

Daily reminder that these threads have been
ruined by dumb weabs and larping tripfags who don't know how to trade.

Attached: smgfamilyportrait.jpg (733x597, 232K)

Daily reminder that you're a failure of a human being and a huge disappointment to your parents.

>weabs

Attached: was_getting_caught.jpg (608x648, 60K)

this fucking unbreakable ceiling on spy

>wew