I think all altcoins, including Etherium, are shit. And only Bitcoin proved to have a real use case

I think all altcoins, including Etherium, are shit. And only Bitcoin proved to have a real use case.

The only exception to the above is perhaps Monero, but even that is only temporary until Bitcoin implements CT and other privacy improvements.

Can you prove me wrong?

Attached: bitcoin-code-mask-green-distortion-the-word-bitcoin-filled-with-distorted-green-crypto-source-code_4 (1920x1080, 538K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Proof-of-Stake-FAQs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I heard Link's pretty good

you are mostly right but you're posting on a board where most people are salty fucks because they missed out on btc and will attack you for being a core shill or whatever clinging onto their shitcoins with the last bits of hope that they will 100x.

This bear only exposed how shitty the overall tech is in crypto, all those fucking dapps, different blockchains, ask yourself what from the cryptospace besides payment (like btc, ltc) do you really need? because I don't need any of this shit, and never will, you all hope that institutions, banks, companies will find some of this shit useful and buy your bags on binance, LMAO. They will simply fork any useful tech (if it ever gets to a point of actually scaling and working properly) because they don't give a fuck about decentralization.

Look at ethereum, it's a good example because it's a working product, no one uses this shit for anything serious, a few stupid dapps that are not only not user friendly but also expensive. Ethereum's market cap is in 95% dictated by speculation and the fact that people used to hoard it to buy more scam icos, sure that is sustainable and won't crash as people start waking up to how overpriced this thing is (I'm not even talking about eos, ada or other things)

Link is actually one of the very few projects where decentralization makes sense and I could see companies using it but even that isn't a sure thing.

Bitcoin transaction cost transaction fees that get more expensive the more congested the network gets. The transaction fees are all paid to the Bitcoin miners who also reap block rewards. Bitcoin miners are also able to make Bitcoin transactions, so there is a strong incentive for miners to send meaningless spam transactions in order to congest the network and increase transaction fees for all users of the network.

Goodluck x100 on bitcoin

just because btc is unlikely to 100x withing the next few years doesn't mean holding shitcoins right now makes any more sense. 99% are going to 0 and the funniest thing is that everyone here is convinced he's holding the remaining 1%

All altcoins, including Bitcoin, are shit. Only Monero proved to have a real use case.

>Etherium

>Can you prove me wrong?
Looks like i done just about that. How about you prove me wrong now? I suggest you start looking into projects that aren't affected by this critical vulnerability, pic related.

Attached: bestcoin.jpg (880x440, 238K)

>I heard Link's pretty good
Oh if you heard that, then I believe you. You convinced me.

Bitcoin is not an altcoin, mongoloid.

actually laughable how stupid this post is

even if we concede that only decentralized payments are useful (lmao are you retarded), ETHEREUM IS BETTER IN THAT OVERLAP *TODAY*

Ethereum is shit, but Bitcoin is worse - what matters is what both sides are doing to fix it, here's the breakdown:

Bitcoin - LN. Entirely dependent on adoption, shitty UX compared to layer 1 scaling, doesn't work
Ethereum - Sharding (~100x capacity, first iteration, more eventually), Casper (~5x capacity + other benefits), Plasma

Look 2 years into the future. If both coins follow current trajectory, Ethereum will have ~500x the throughput of Bitcoin ON LAYER 1 ALONE

Bitcoin is the ULTIMATE shitcoin, do not fucking delude yourself

The fact that you're following Skycoin already tells me I'm dealing with a mongoloid, but I'll reply anyway.
Lightning Network that is already functioning will be the way Bitcoin scales to real world uses. It's happening on second layer not first layer.

Couldn't even finish reading your post, sorry ... too much cringe. More than I can endure.

>only Bitcoin proved to have a real use case.
which is....?

Wikileaks, Silk road, value transfer (300M for 40 cents), Venezuela (hedge against gov't inflation), etc. etc.

Now show me the use case of your favorite shitcoin (ChainSkywhatever)

this guy gets it.
Nice argument faggot

in other words, censorship resistant value transfer (and SoV)

now tell me what's the use of your shit dApps and altcoin memes?

>Now show me the use case of your favorite shitcoin (ChainSkywhatever)
Easy.
Ethereum does Bitcoin's job faster, cheaper AND in a more decentralized way (if anyone actually gives a shit). Also, (spoiler alert) - smart contracts.

Bitcoin is the ultimate shitcoin. No use case.

Gets what, mongoloid?
Do you think because he listed some features he knows nothing about, he has a point?
You will always be poor. I bought BTC in 2011 and I retired last year. What's your net worth?

The fact that Ethereum listed cool sounding feature like Plasma and Casper etc doesn't change the fact Ethereum is a centralized shit hole.

The only good thing about Bitcoin is its censorship resistance, decentralization, that is what gives it value. Ethereum proved after DAO hack it's not decentralized.

KYS brainlet

>cencorship resistant value transfer (SoV)

holy shit you really are retarded. Ethereum is literally a better store of value, because it actually HAS inherent value - it is MORE resitant AND has actual unique utility, as opposed to Buttcorn.

>n a more decentralized way
ahahahahahha
fucking brainlet

ONE person stopped all tradding of ETHH after hack and a group of some people decided to fork and confiscate funds

>Ethereum is literally a better store of value
Yeah with its infinite money supply and centralized confiscation of funds (see post dao hack fork) it's really a great store of value

It wasnt a hack. Judging by your arguments, it is clear that you have no clue what a hard fork is, hence I will stop wasting my time. Enjoy being poor.

>Enjoy being poor
I bought btc in 2011 mate, I'm retired and pretty comfy

I know what it was; the point is not whether it was a hack or not, but that the hard fork was a confiscation of funds and violated chain immutability, making ETH a shit store of value

>120 mil supply cap with casper, eventual deflation discussed
>5% staking vs 0%
>actually useful, so adoption can (will) drive price, whereas BTC is pure speculation
>cheaper and faster

Q.E.D, Ethereum is a better SoV

It might as well be. It's just another shitcoin like everything that isn't Monero.

not only are you incredibly stupid you are also a disgusting larper

imagine being you, lmao

I thinks you might be ah retard. ETH is not a currency. It was never touted as one. It is not bitcoin's competitor.

>muh mongoloid
>muh lightning network
Thats some argumentation, face it. Its impossible to solve the problems with POW mining on Bitcoin. 2nd layer solutions are available to each and every project, not just Bitcoin. As for Ethereum, more and more projects are migrating off of it onto their own chains or onto other platforms in search of better scalability because of crushing gas fees. Transaction fees are a proven failure.

>It is not bitcoin's competitor
I hate this meme

>Shithereum
>Muh POS (Proof Of Shit)
>Muh overlord vitalik
>Muh infinite supply
>Muh hard fork whenever I lose my money vitalik
>cryptokitties takes down the whole fucking network
>blockchain size is DOUBLE bitcoins and it has been running for 5 years less than bitcoin
>Muh sharting will fix
You have to be a retard to support ethereum. If you think smartcontracts and other shit should be shoved onto the blockchain, you're retarted. Also fuck vitalik.

>You have to be a retard to support ethereum. If you think smartcontracts and other shit should be shoved onto the blockchain, you're retarted. Also fuck vitalik.
Based.

always the same fucking drivel when you confront corecucks with reality

dubs wasted by larping core shill

Mongs
The answer has and is currently right in front of you

Do you not realize how much progress Cardano is making

They have a massive team of top tiers that get their dead lines done

They are tackling every aspect, they dont over shill, their coin works....
And articles are starting to pick up on it saying it is the new btc

Stay poor fucking idiots, still believing in Link after all the red flags and shit price action.

this honestly.
What is the point of a decentralized currency, if your overlord at the ethereum foundation can just fork the entire network and undo transactions.
Proof of Stake is a scam, especially in ethereums case where vitalik an his foundation own most of the supply
sorry you think that ethereum is a system that is going to last even 5+ years. Bitcoin was designed from the ground up to last 100+ years. That's why satoshi made the last block subsidy in 2140. Bitcoin will unironically be the world reserve currency after the dollar collapses.

Attached: PONZI.jpg (964x995, 412K)

>blockchain size is DOUBLE bitcoins

i get that this whole post is bait, but this point specifically is retarded
blockchain size means almost nothing, and in a few years it will genuinely mean nothing

quit using a fucking commodore 64 and join the rest of us in 2018

>Can you prove me wrong?
easily, my 90 iq friend. you can't even spell "ethereum" properly

>retarded
>cryptokitties break the network
like clockwork
the network worked without interruption at the height of the cryptokitties craze, but you wouldn't know that because you're a shitcoiner who gets your news from mainstream media and you fell from their sensasionalist articles

it absolutely does matter if you want your system to last longer than a couple of years. Bitcoin is in it for the long game. We all will be long gone, by the time we move on to a different world currency.

I am dumbfounded that you could possibly think BTC is in any way working towards mainstream adoption

it can do about 200k tx/s per day

it has no scaling pipeline

how many times do you need this drilled into your head?

I am dumbfounded that you are a faggot retard who doesn't know what layer 2 scaling is, and doesn't understand that shoving smartcontracts into the blockchain isn't an efficient allocation of space. You can use side chains for that meme tier shit.

do you realise layer 2 is optional and requires adoption?
do you realise layer 2 uses layer 1, so a clogged layer 1 is also a problem for layer 2?
do you realise bitcoins layer 2 solution doesn't work?

>shoving smartcontracts into the blockchain isn't an efficient allocation of space.
You are worried about wasting precious megabytes on immutable, trust-less contracts?

he isn't actually worried about it he just needs it to be true because Bitcoin is worthless otherwise

btc 40k EOY chek em

Who cares. I just want to trade them.

I've used it and it works very well in my experience. There will be more adoption as time goes on, and it will only get better with more people using it. In reality lightning is just a method for compressing transactions. Instead of needing 100 transactions to be recorded and verified on the blockchain, someone can put two transactions (1 for opening a channel, and 1 for closing a channel). The 98 other transactions are verified by the participants in the channel. The transactions they send back and fourth are still valid bitcoin transactions (as they follow the bitcoin protocol and have digital signatures associated with them). They are just not broadcasted for everyone.
Sure the base layer still needs to function for lightning to work, but as more people adopt it, there will be fewer on chain transactions.
It does work.

Yeah. It's not something that should be put on the blockchain. Bitcoin plans to implement them on sidechains, which is a way smarter implementation than implementing them on the blockchain. They just take up way too much space, and are unnecessary for a base layer financial system. Besides, on ethereum you have to deal with gas for every change to the state of the contract, which in-turn just spams the network with useless updates. It just doesn't need to be on the main chain. It would be like if every version of windows came with 200 gigabytes worth of steam games, and everyone needed to have 200+ gigabytes worth of spaces to keep these steem games because some people play them. It's stupid. Move that shit to an optional sidechain.

So if ETH starts implementing smart contracts in the second layer you will concede Butcorn is useless?

2nd layer solutions are exciting and all, but they have been very difficult for projects like Bitcoin and Ethereum to implement. They were created to be a proof of concept while scalability was an afterthought. Such antiquated projects will have great difficulty competing in the coming years. You need a project with no block reward and no transaction fees for the consensus algorithm to reach a consensus that does not damage the network. Therefore consensus must be cheap to achieve. The blockchain must be simplified to allow easy implementation of offchain solutions, utxo is poorly architected. There should be a blend of inflationary and deflationary currencies to allow better modelling of a real world economy. It must, as a platform, support both decentralized and permissioned consensus networks with multiple blockchains to ensure performance is not affected by usage spikes caused by unrelated projects. This is vital to bring practical blockchain solutions to real world industry. The ecosystem's incentive model must create jobs and lead to the development of actual physical infrastructure growing the network and increasing the intrinsic value of the project. Skycoin may not be the only project that is being designed to have these properties, but it is the furthest along in development.

Attached: GOD12345.jpg (799x1065, 552K)

maybe I'd consider it if vitalik wasn't a hack money grubbing kike who's trying to replace POW with POS so that he can control network consensus.
Besides his blockchain is growing in size faster than the government's growing in debt.
As a libertarian, I like my blockchain how I like my government. small and efficent.

thanks for the info. Just bought 100k ;)

>Can you prove me wrong?
Burden of proof is on the person who made the claim faggot. You tell me why all altcoins (extreme generalization) and Ethereum are shit and I'll give you a rebuttal

POS is sketchy and jewish as fuck, but POW doesn't work at all. ASIC resistance is a pajeet tier meme. Any POW coin that gets big enough will have ASIC's designed for it and the same kind of mining pools will develop as we have seen with Bitcoin.

1) i didn't make the thread
2) read my other posts

I wouldn't say POW doesn't work. I agree there are downsides, but POW is working how it's supposed to. There is no better alternative. POW is what makes bitcoin a commodity. It ties it to the real world, because people need to actually use computational resources to create a bitcoin. Asics aren't necisarily bad. They are bad if there is only one manufacturer. Luckily there isn't, now that a bunch of companies are starting to come out with them.

>I'll just vaguely describe LN instead of giving an answer
the absolute state

If LN actually worked as advertised (it doesn't), it would still be useless on it's own. A layer 1 with 200k tx/day - let's say 50% of BTC transactions are through LN (absolutely not going to happen), the other 50% will still clog the first layer, effectively making it impossible to open, refund and close channels

>As a libertarian
lmao, fuck I hate libertarians; pure idealism, zero regard for actual solutions

>no taxes
>let corporations run the world
fucking delusional and downright destructive

lmao, there's nothing small or efficient about blockchain. Small and efficient blockchain = centrailized, NEO is probably the best example right now (only 7 nodes, all owned by one company, enabling very efficient and quick transactions). Small and efficient government = Dictator (only one decision-maker whose decrees are immediately effective).

Tbh Bitcoins privacy will never live up to what xmr will provide

>POW works
You must have missed my first post on this thread.
>10254517
POW centralizes control over the consensus algorithm. it is also expensive to participate in. This means that block rewards must be paid to the miners and transaction fees must be paid to the miners. Miners will 100% always spam transactions on the network to increase transaction fees to the detriment of the entire ecosystem. Miners will 100% always block upgrades to the network that threaten their gravy train. This is not how a consensus algorithm is supposed to work. Better alternatives will become dominant in the coming years.

>bitcoin implememts ct

Stopped reading

I did answer it
>Sure the base layer still needs to function for lightning to work, but as more people adopt it, there will be fewer on chain transactions. It does work.
Also sorry, you're a cuck who sucks the governments tit.

I'm referring to the block size scaling debate. It's actually very similar to the budget debate we hear every year in congress.
>WAH WE NEED MORE SPACE BECAUSE WE ARENT ABLE TO HELP ENOUGH BROWN PEOPLE FAST ENOUGH
>*raises budget*
>WAH WE NEED MORE SPACE BECAUSE WE ARENT ABLE TO FUND ISRAEL FAST ENOUGH
Absolutely inefficient. Bitcoin core is trying to utalize the space they have, by implementing *optional* new features, that compress the size of transactions needed on the blockchain. See segwit, or schnorr signatures.

Name a better alternative to POW.

You know why nobody replied to your shit? Cause nobody cares about Cardano

Sounds to me like you have a huge bias.

This is you:
>Made it off BTC, who needs Alts right? I'm super smart because I put money into BTC early and now I'm filthy rich, I am SMART.
>BTC must be a good coin.
>POW is so novel, look at how we are using all this electricity to fuel this currency, so cool.

Your between 30-50 I reckon.

>Name a better alternative to POW
POS, you fucking imbecile

>POS, you fucking imbecile
Added to my cringe collection

what is stake grinding
what is nothing-at-stake problem
what is frictionless compounding

who cares right? just PAMP It

>Proof of Shit

Attached: 1523199859072.png (988x704, 66K)

github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Proof-of-Stake-FAQs

Deal with it gramps. POS is the future and ETHs plan of initially using POW to ensure fair distribution was absolute genius.

>Thats some argumentation, face it. Its impossible to solve the problems with POW mining on Bitcoin. 2nd layer solutions are available to each and every project, not just Bitcoin.
But bitcoin is the one with the true store of value. Bitcoin has by far the biggest hashrate, and it's the most immutable chain. For the 2nd layer to work well, the first layer must be robust.
Only bitcoin can offer that. Other altcoins are already being 51% attacked because they lack the hashrate.

>people replying to retarded op who clearly doesn't understand the technology
>doesn't even know how ethereum is spelt

Sage

Who cares how it's spelled. Doesn't change the fact it's still a shitcoin.

counter sage.

Read my earlier posts. They explain why ethereum is shit.

Get counter counter saged faggot

counter counter counter saged gramps

>Read my earlier posts
You replied to me earlier in the thread gramps.

The meme of "implementing" something in a decentralized network is a very retarded, its running its going, change is basically impossible lmao

ITT: reddit tier understanding of blockchain
Just because you made money on BTC or LARP and pretend you did, doesn't mean other coins are useless.
>And only Bitcoin proved to have a real use case.
Internet meme money based solely on speculation and not actual adoption? If you think ((( they ))) are going to allow a new technology to become the norm and disrupt governments, banks, and fintech you are actually retarded. Now what has spawned from BTC/blockchain that can actually make ((( them ))) even more money? Dumb fucking faggots that can't answer that question deserve to unironically stay poor for the rest of their miserable days

haha.
>tfw you're now a 20 year old boomer.
Sorry you cucks don't understand there's not such thing as a free lunch. Big blocksize is as bad as big government.

Attached: tfw.jpg (581x230, 51K)

I never said other coins were useless. Just 99.999% of them are. I'd like monero if they got rid of their infinite inflation, and constant hardforks. Plenty of coins have good features, they just don't take into consideration the longevity of the system.

>They explain why ethereum is shit
literally all you said was:

>vitalik is a poopyhead
>big blocks are bad

>vitalik is a scam artist who controls the network. In reality doesn't give a fuck about decentralization or consensus.
>vitalik hardforked the network when he lost his money in a smart contract in 2016
>Migrating the network from POW to POS
>vitalik owns a huge portion of the currency, so he will directly control consensus
>Smart contracts should not be included in the blockchain. They take up way too much space. Should be implemented on a sidechain.
>Big blocks are bad if you want the system to actually run for 100+ years.

Ethereum sucks big donkey balls.

Even worse.

You were a teen, and by blind luck you made $$ off BTC.

Now you're (observe - this is how you use "you're") the number one BTC advocate..

Saged 20 yr old Gramps.

>I bet you're a boomer
>*not a boomer*
>You're a teen, why does your opinion matter?
Hypocritical much?

Also when did I misuse your and you're? Seems to me like you're the one who misused it. Pic related.

Better like next time Sagestien Sheckleberg.

Attached: lol what a retard.png (831x187, 19K)

Unironically we both had a chance to mess it up.

Unironically you toned down your post from gramps to cocky teen.

Unironically probably a mouth breather

Gramps

is your tactic to just cram as much volume into your posts as you possible can without actually saying anything of substance? your first list of bullet points was the same. your "LN is XYZ rant" was the same. You are too much of an imbecile to even have this discussion in the first place; if you don't understand the subject at hand, you should just stay on the sidelines and shut your retarded mouth

again, literally all you are saying is
>vitalik is a meanie
like how fucking out of touch are you? listen to the guy talk for 2 seconds and you'll realise how fucking retarded this narrative is

he didn't hardfork shit on his own anyway, let me illustrate this extremely complex concept for you so you can understand:

influence !== control

people listen to him because he is a fucking genius autist with his priorities straight, the moment he starts acting otherwise no one will listen to him - but that will never happen because he is an autistic saint who wants to better the world, not a salty libertarian who lies out of his ass and slanders people for the sake of argument ((( you )))

and big blocks don't matter because of
1) growing disk sizes
2) sharding

consider this the last time I take any of your criticsms seriously in this thread; you have yet to actually answer any of them so far

someone's a salty salty boy :)
Maybe you shouldn't throw stones if you're a faggot living in a glass house.

Sorry you don't know how to read a list I guess. I thought I explained it pretty clearly. Even a retard such as yourself could understand what I wrote if you just listened instead of continually sucking on vitaliks cock.

I'm not saying vitalik is a meanie. \
I'm saying he's a deceptive kike and I don't like most of his ideas. I disagree with him on most things.
I think implementing smartcontracts into the blockchain is stupid. That's my position, and he obviously sees it differently.
You're right he didn't hardfork the network on his own, he told his cult that that's what was going to happen, and they followed him blindly. And now you're here defending him to your last shitpost :)

I dare you to download geth or ethereumcpp. Try to actually sync the blockchain and tell me it isn't an issue. Guess what, disk-sizes aren't growing like they used to. You know why? MOORES LAW IS DEAD. Relying on the exponential growth of hardware to solve software problems is retarded.
>Sharding
basically sidechains which bitcoin is already doing.
Sorry to disappoint you sweetie, but you're still a retard.

>I'm not saying vitalik is a meanie
what is paraphrasing
>I'm saying he's a deceptive kike
why
>I disagree with him on most things
you disagree with taxes too, why would anyone take your opinions seriously? you are unironically an idiot
>I think implementing smartcontracts into the blockchain is stupid.
anything you think is magically aligned with whatever core is doing, no matter how stupid - that's how you end up taking the positions you do:
1) layer 1 doesnt matter (what the fuck)
2) LN will save bitcoin (what the fuck again)
3) Smart contracts are for side chains!
>he told his cult that that's what was going to happen, and they followed him blindly.
no
> And now you're here defending him to your last shitpost :)
why wouldn't I?
>Try to actually sync the blockchain and tell me it isn't an issue
it is an issue, it's just relatively simple to fix it - scalability is far more important
>MOORES LAW IS DEAD
SSD capacity and prices are both improving rapidly, and this doesn't even matter with sharding - the disk space required to run a validator is limited to the shard you are assigned
>bitcoin already solved sharding
lmao

Yes. FOMO 3D. Ethereums best dapp. There's like 10k members on their discord kek.