Is Russia less free now compared to the mid-80s?

Is Russia less free now compared to the mid-80s?

Attached: 002-corbis-rr006330.jpg (640x424, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Myqg2kp0TSE
youtu.be/TA9mVLomYo8
youtube.com/watch?v=KBf7ncvEWcc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Soviet_and_Russian_assassinations
youtube.com/watch?v=CgPYQeXbApY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes

yes

youtube.com/watch?v=Myqg2kp0TSE

Attached: disreps.png (640x540, 154K)

I read that in the USSR, before the collapse in the media, it became possible to speak ill of power, now only Putin and anti-American propaganda are on TV. It’s good that I don’t watch TV but that’s not true about my grandfather and grandmother.

How so? Please enlighten me.

what does the anti-american propaganda say?

That we can turn the United States into nuclear ash.

>to the mid-80s?

Nope, in the mid-80s leaving the country was still hard to impossible, so was getting foreign stuff. The peak of Russian liberalism was in the 1990s, when the most popular song was "I want to be fucked by an American boy".

>radioactive ash*
fix
youtu.be/TA9mVLomYo8

It's easy to pander about foreign "enemies" to distract population from own domestic problems.

THAN WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? JUST DO IT!!!!!

Attached: WatchmenRorschach122910.jpg (1200x680, 121K)

In my city there is no metro, so not this time.

Is the anti-America sentiment really a thing among people or is it just a fabrication by Putin?

Wow this shot looks very kino
Any context?

Those who watch TV are opposed to Europe and anti-American, the rest have personal own opinion.

anti-hohol propaganda too.

BTW, hohols are really dumb

He вce yкpaинцы хoхлы.

Russians really turned off Amerisharts after getting disillusioned after the Ukraine coup. Also BLUMPF's demonstration that America is 'non-agreement capable'

Not really
Less free than in the 90s? Absolutely

ignore the libs itt
real honest answer is it's proabably about the same level of freedom right now as during glasnost era, maybe a little more specific Western-type freedom now, plus of course more wealth is availeable to the general populace so they can better excercize their freedom

one of the central moscow train stations in what looks like late 80es or early 90es

Listen to the libs itt
Vatnik scum will keep lying to you that everything is alright no matter how bad everything is

no

Attached: image.jpg (680x693, 180K)

This isn't what is stated in the law itself, why is media so prone to lying?

This. There is no poor democracy.

> now only Putin and anti-American propaganda are on TV
You are forgetting about our dear liberals, who also have channels to spread their information. Don't try to make Russia look like a totalitarian state.

Ironic considering the deterioration in living standards in the last 15 years of the USSR.

>deterioration in living standards in the last 15 years of the USSR.
Excuse me?

Please educate me

Itt

Attached: +15.png (600x680, 422K)

It totally is. As soon as someone gets successful enough to challenge Putin and his puppets, they get brutally murdered.

Nice one

Attached: 232525.jpg (800x450, 45K)

For example?

why would you want to destroy New York or Los Angeles :(

The law is about protection of the honor and dignity of the state and it's people (in public) so that you are fined for going on the news and saying: "UH YOU DUMB RUSSHITIAN SCUM I HATE YOUR GARBAGE COUNTRY OF PISS AND SHIT YOU WHITE NIGGERS FUCK RUSSIA"
It isn't about shutting down criticism, it's about making it more real, and not just autistic screeching, like our liberals do all the time

Why should you ban autistic screeching?

That's a maneuver if I've ever seen one

You are either delusional, or a shill

Infrastructure was falling apart, the rate of substance abuse was increasing, and so were the number of homeless. In 1962, the average life expectancy in the Soviet Union was higher than the United States, by 1982 it was five years lower. During the 1980 Olympics, police were busy rounding up homeless vagrants from the streets of Moscow.

tl;dr Brezhnev let everything run on autopilot for years and it showed

>you are fined for going on the news and saying: "UH YOU DUMB RUSSHITIAN SCUM I HATE YOUR GARBAGE COUNTRY OF PISS AND SHIT YOU WHITE NIGGERS FUCK RUSSIA"

This was so common that they had to pass a law about it?

Attached: Goemon.jpg (290x324, 23K)

Neaschet New York or Los Angeles, I do not know, but now I would not refuse a piece of Poland.

Juse from my memory.
Dozhd'
Radio Svoboda
Never happend. You have a crooked image of Russia in your head.

Because every single country in the world has this particular law. I'm pretty sure you can't go on american or finnish TV and just start blatantly shittalking citizens of your country for example, calling them all kind of slurs, etc.
Explain, because I just mirrored the literal reasoning for the law in place.

>You are either delusional, or a shill
Nah, he is just a typical bydlotroll who's probably sitting right now with a Baltika can and shitposting "ыыыыaa i'm trollen blya voobshe chetko look". Probably a KC refugee as well.

>About New York or Los Angeles

>I'm pretty sure you can't go on american or finnish TV and just start blatantly shittalking citizens of your country for example, calling them all kind of slurs, etc.
You sure can, it's called CNN and MSNBC.

ITT:
youtube.com/watch?v=KBf7ncvEWcc

these are pretty cities, centres of modern civilization

>I'm pretty sure you can't go on american or finnish TV and just start blatantly shittalking citizens of your country for example, calling them all kind of slurs, etc.
Yes you can. Can it's a common practice here and part of our humor. It seems both americans and russian have a complete lack of self irony

Well, liberals think that shitting on people is the same as shitting on government, so yes, it's pretty common
I mean, yes you can, vaguely, but they can't just scream ALL AMERICANS ARE CLINICALLY RETARDED WE SHOULD JUST KILL EM ALL

Our liberals are all about this. Every time something happens - foe example a plane crashed - they gloat and use death of people for criticizing government.
They are being hated not without a reason.

Filled with r*ssian diasporas :^)

pizza hut>>>the motherland.

lmfao

>Never happend

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Soviet_and_Russian_assassinations

Attached: 1469135097672.gif (250x141, 1.31M)

You sure, we have a mutual understanding? Can I go on finnish tv and just say "Ahem, fuck every single finn in this country, you are no more than an asian insect, honestly, you should all just go jump off a cliff to make a world a better place"? If yes, then I'm amazed by your freedom of speech and are ready to accept, that Russia is totalitarian shithole

I do not know about New York or Los Angeles, but now I would not refuse a piece of Poland.*

>Пyтiнъ хopoшiй, лiбepaлe плoхie

>Putincel - a russian incel who thinks that shilling for free on a mongolian anime imageboard will help him to lose his virgininty in his 30's

Here, guys, use it wisely.

Yes but Russians will defend their own regime despite this. They don't like freedom.

In other news, if a plane crashes or a tornado blows a house in Kansas down, then MSNBC will find some way that Trump is responsible for it.

Thanks to Big Data everybody is less free then they were in the mid-80's

You know it's a list of terrorists mostly, right?

>If yes
Yes there isn't such a law. It should be allowed to people to make themself look as fools.
Recently there was some SJW-Sami activist spouting stuff like that on a radio show and She wasn't charged

The Soviet government were so committed to honoring their contract with Nintendo for exclusive rights to distribute Tetris that some guy who sold his own version of the game got arrested and thrown off a bridge to his death.

I think they do. They are partially human, right? That means they like freedom. The Chinese and Iranians are the same.

Sweden, on the other hand, loves it enough to allow Muhhamad to rape his wife.

Haхyя вы здecь-тo гoвopитe o Poccии? Heyжeли y вac нe пopтитcя нacтpoeниe oт этoй хyeты? Cкoлькo мoжнo, кaк жe я ycтaл oт этoгo филиaлa пopaши

Alright, Russia is a totalitarian shithole, and I am mindless putinshill because such a law seems only logical to me.

that would have been a funny video with the tetris theme playing in the background.

Do you guys have a bad self esteem if you get triggered by what some libs say?

Whataboutism. Watch the Russian desperately trying to switch subject to distract the discussion from his own country. I just find it funny how your government can fuck you in the ass so hard and you will still defend them no matter what. I certainly don't defend mine, and we have freedom of speech so I can say whatever I want about them without risking getting murdered over it unlike in Russia.

putin is a liberal, we need a lenin

I just want them to be held responsible for their words, if they try to present a moral high ground, they shouldn't act in such ways

you need a Amir Khattab 2.0

Attached: Amir Khattab.jpg (256x192, 6K)

Why would I have to argue against an obviously idiotic point? You created a strawman, you are greatly overestimating the amount of times something like this happens, the law is not aimed at the kind of people you describing, you must be an absolute brainlet to believe somebody should be ever arrested or fined for sperging against their country on the internet, and have a negative IQ to believe it won't be abused.

>the absolute state of this thread

Attached: ru.jpg (567x438, 102K)

>on the internet
Pretty sure it's only touching the public, news, radio, etc.
>won't be abused
They already have enough laws for that, this one doesn't make their work easier

Why are ruskies so good at lying? I thought they were straight people.

Attached: Fake News.jpg (750x840, 76K)

youtube.com/watch?v=CgPYQeXbApY
>It will be global catastrophe for humanity
>but do we even need the world without Russia?

Attached: e9b.jpg (585x398, 18K)

That was superdeveloped compared to how Romania looked like at that time.

The problem with this is that it's a slippery slope. It's hard to draw a clear line between what is and isn't allowed to be said, and it can easily be abused by a corrupt government. That's why it's better to just let people speak their mind, and let them face the consequences of their words at the societal level rather than judicial

It does. The laws in place target a somewhat narrow political spectrum. It's hard to attack communists and liberals using them.

Also, it does include the internet. And it most definitely prohibits insulting the government.

He is not obliged to repent to you, so fuck off

Why do Russian defend all the bullshit their government does? You see most other posters to shit down their government whole the time, but Russians defending it

Attached: npc.jpg (800x450, 42K)

Stockholm syndrome

Yet few years ago i used to laugh at Russia, and its lack of freedoms and liberalism, but since PiS took power here, we are practically the same as Russia.

- country ruled by paranoid and psychopatic manlet : checked

- public media shilling for government in a ridiculously obvious way : checked

- hardcore historical policy presenting Poles only as heroes fighting against totalitarian ideologies, or as victims of these ideologies, and showing all Poland's neighbours as evildoers who want to cut our throats, government also tries to persuade Poles that they were super-heroic saviours of Jews during occupation, even though everybody here hates Jews so it is rather not very probable that we would help them in any way : checked

- liberal politicians of opposition are being killed in public places : checked

- people get arrested for insulting president in Internet : checked

- government takes over private banks because it wants to have bigger control over capital : checked

- bombastic military parades, fetishism of army, empty patriotism : checked

- spreading anti-EU feelings with using gigantic media propaganda : checked

- fetishism of christianity made by mainstream politicians only to get votes of devoted pensioners: checked

- civil patriotism - "only idiots say that Russia (Poland) is for Russians (Poles)" : checked

- mumbling some populist bullshit about "protecting borders" and opening the country for invasion of millions of hohols/churkas : checked

The only difference is that Poland licks ass of USrael, while Russia seems to be hostile to it, and that's pretty much the only difference.

At least you got a functioning economy

Well as we just found out, it's literally illegal for them not to. If I was facing prison I'd call Russia great too.

>At least you got a functioning economy

lol

>more wealth is availeable to the general populac
Now this is epic

Attached: IMG_7155.jpg (895x343, 49K)

Because a typical imageboard vatoid thinks if he does not shit on the goverment then one day Putin will fly on his private helicopter to his wasted commieblock and then pat his head saying "good boy, you are defending really hard, here's your reward - keys of the newest apartments in the center of Moscow. Keep up the good work".

it's hard life beeing jewish slaves bro

Who the fuck do you think you are, a paladin of Tyr?

Yes.
I hate being russian,

cattle like user defending defamation law itt is one of the reasons why Russia will never be democratic and/or prosperous
well, any nation deserves its rulers, you live like cattle you're treated like cattle I suppose

>Why yes, I do badmouth my country together with my compatriots but defend it when westoids try to attack it, how'd you know?

Attached: 1550076416467.jpg (722x666, 43K)

Please respond
What's the appeal of talking about Russia on this website? Why can't you guys just talk about it on dvach? I'm on the verge of filtering the word Russia, honestly. I don't usually filter anything, user. I'm this tired.
I hate you all, both vatniki and liberakhi
Kys yourselves
Faggots

Boomers need to die off before we get to see any real shift in mentality

We went through many reforms in the past decades, but the old habits remain

Seeing TVP news turn into a propaganda machine was pretty surreal for me. Even if it was biased before, it was never as obvious and in-your-face as when PiS came into power. The worst part is that it's actually effective for a big chunk of the population. Future generations will be looking back on this period and scratching their heads. It's been 30 years since the break-up ffs

Imagine being two-faced pidorashka

>he's been talking about Russia (read defending) for nearly 100 posts
>byabyabya why do you guys talk about Russia, i hate you all, I'm better than you liberashkee and vatnikee, WAAAAAAAAH ;_;
Nive maneuvers, schizoid.