Which one should I get?

Which one should I get?

Attached: BeFunky-collage.jpg (4088x2230, 1.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

corrvintagewatches.com/product/1950s-omega-automatic-seamaster-calendar-with-original-black-and-gilt-honeycomb-cross-hairs-dial/
watchestobuy.com/shop/omega-seamaster-1963/
christies.com/features/5-reasons-collectors-love-Patek-Philippe-7390-1.aspx
chrono24.com/omega/seamaster-calendar--id8161696.htm
chrono24.com/omega/geneve-manual-winding--id8558014.htm?showAll=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why the 36 mm?

it's the original size 40mm was only made for blacks

>the expensive watch for people who don’t know anything about expensive watches
>buying a watch with JUST in the name
>a fucking leaf

I know. But have you tried the 36mm?

no why

I have always wanted a 36mm as it is the original but it appeared so small when I tried it on. I have a 40mm sub and a 40mm datejust. Anyway... Go with the day-date if you can afford it.

two tone is fucking GOAT

Attached: 00.png (601x1177, 2.72M)

design of modern watches is so cheesy . Chances are you will look like ghetto nigga who got rich by accident. actually try to learn something about watches before buying one to avoid that scenario.
If you want tasteful class go for some professionally restored vintage piece with timeless design. They also look the best on smaller wrists which you probably have.
Do not be a brainlet buying shit that loses 25% of value the moment you take it out from boutique and open the box at home. As a trader you should know you do not buy into depreciating assets
some inspiration: corrvintagewatches.com/product/1950s-omega-automatic-seamaster-calendar-with-original-black-and-gilt-honeycomb-cross-hairs-dial/

Get a chink copy and be done with it. Watches are the worst way to spend your money

Neither, be honest with yourself why you want one, realize that reason is fucking stupid, spend your money more responsibly.

Ironically some Rolexes go up in value over time despite being used...that's a brand for ya

im not trying to impress other men

No love for silver watches? I'm not a big fan of two-tone

Neither, buy pic related. Rolex purists hate it, which I why I spend do much time hating on it on watch forums. Rolex purists also hated the Paul Newman Daytona, look for an original now. You're welcome Jow Forums

Attached: D076071E-A446-4E52-B8EE-A3841E9761EC.jpg (215x234, 9K)

or even better, this one:
watchestobuy.com/shop/omega-seamaster-1963/

it is a waste of money only if you buy contemporary shits because every single one of them are depreciating assets. If you buy into pic/link related you can be damn sure that once you get sick of it in like two years you can resell it for minimum what you paid for originally + most likely even for some 5-10% profit. Buying one of these is therefore safe just as transferring $1250 from one of your bank accounts to some other bank account you also own. These are very liquid and their price is determined by decades of price discovery. Vintages are deflationary unlike your contemporary rolex that are always rolling out from malayan factories as dollars are printed by fed and that you need an expert to tell you whether is fake or genuine.

> explaining all of this to Jow Forums brainlets buying high and selling low

Attached: OmegaBlackSeamasterb.jpg (956x2858, 655K)

buy a patek phillipe
not a rolex
and if you cant afford a patek phillipe then you shouldnt be buying a rolex

one more reason to not buying into sterile unoriginal contemporary timepieces without any story behind them which you will get bored with after 6-9 months and sell at 20% loss

christies.com/features/5-reasons-collectors-love-Patek-Philippe-7390-1.aspx

atleast a 40mm unless you have really small wrists
also are you sure about gold?
most people cant pull that off

also why a rolex? are you buying it to show off or because you genuinely like it?

>I spend thousands in status symbols.
I don't have a brainlet wojak saved, so just look into a mirror for a second to get the idea.

watches by production numbers

Attached: rolex.jpg (674x449, 50K)

got a whiteface omega bumper on the way, those blackfaces are slick doe

Attached: 171829628c4ccd85d564e5f24a39d77729ec82a21115af69a305594e45cb5d03.png (1276x996, 565K)

enjoy your bumper! what is your opinion on this one? chrono24.com/omega/seamaster-calendar--id8161696.htm

Attached: unironicallythebest.png (555x637, 316K)

pretty bad shots of the dial, and I personally don't fuck with numbered indices on the vintage pieces, think they look shit compared to all bars / arrows

I was salivating over this one during secondary school
how many alarm tunes can this one play?

yeah, this mixed 3-6-9-12 pattern was considered modern in early 50-ies, then it grew quite quickly out of fashion once other brands and mainly cheap ones started copying it later.
But let's imagine this same piece is with your favourite all bars/arrows - would you consider the price appropriate?
I am interested in this one, because seamasters with date at 6 were the very first batch ever of watches from omega with date complication.
How would you proceed to negotiate a better price?
I would value your opinion and tips from your negotiating experience

wristlet, probably

seems pretty reasonable pricing, I honestly don't know what buying through chrono is like re:negotiation. If you are invested in the history of the piece it doesn't really matter what the price is, get what you can afford.

In any case get better dial shots if you are actually considering it, looks pretty clean (redialed) and you definitely want to get a close up on the quality of work. Seen some shocker redials still sell for bank though so what do I know

thank you. I am considering it and I will definitely ask seller for more photos. Seller still didn't answer my email after two days tho, so I will see whether it is a dud.
I found actually very well done redial on this early Geneve from this pajeet, may be the best redial I had seen on cheap omega actually chrono24.com/omega/geneve-manual-winding--id8558014.htm?showAll=1
He agreed for $380 for this geneve. I searched opinions on this pajeet seller on forums and he seems a legit stone repairmanship with satisfied western customers.

be wary of pajeets bro, they go hard on the mumbai specials, quite often all totally legit parts but frankensteined. Case in point, on the one you linked that is the worst stamping job ive ever seen on a 610cal (The M in omega looks like hot dogshit)

Attached: 21437889_l_36b60242c7ba21b8a2a4a3affa6adc92.jpg (600x450, 36K)

also looks like its missing the case screws for the movement, which means it almost certainly doesn't belong in whatever that case is

Attached: 15346321_l_bf5933179b8d1a16260a95d5fe53b32d.jpg (600x450, 79K)

Are watches a good way for money laundering?

many thanks for your insights bro! I have to admit I know far more about the faces and brand history than these practical things about movement itself.
I will bring these concerns back to this mumbai pajeet, I think I would feel okay to pay for that watch if he dropped the price further to

of course!
>dear politician, thank you for securing this tender for my company. please accept this $150k limited edition watch for your wife. I would like to let you know that you can return it in the boutique anywhere in the world just for a small 3% restocking fee

one.
also you should get the marty mcfly one

Attached: IMG_20180714_153132.jpg (2240x3968, 1.61M)