Ok, let's admit It, USA is a not a country, state or nation

Ok, let's admit It, USA is a not a country, state or nation
Their name os "United States", therefore a union of States.
If they were a country they would be only one State, so no country there, there are bunch of countries.
Am I wrong?

Attached: 1552321838156.gif (387x305, 494K)

Is*
Fixed

Nothing has to make sense for the United States to work. We have special providence to be retarded and still come out on top like 70% of the time.

inb4 "hurr Mexico also has United States in their name"
Just because they want to be yanks so hard.

Mexico is a future part of the USA.

Or the other way

Does it really matter which way it goes, at the end of the day?

Actually this isn't a meme post, just after independence, people wrote 'The United States are...' which over the years shifted to 'is'

Yes because If Mexico conquers US you will need to learn Spanish

Unlikely. Monolingual Anglos will outnumber Mexicans 3 to 1. Mexican birth rates have largely flatlined, so unless they start having kids en masse again, the numerical superiority of anglos is pretty difficult to overcome.

You do realize that Brazil is also a union of States, righr?
That's what most civilized people call a "federation"

They are even more diverse than us

t.b.h if you dont identify with your state before the US as a whole then you are not a true american

Attached: 9e7.jpg (249x249, 16K)

The People's Democratic Republic of North Korea doesn't have democracy, a republic, or people.

During the first two decades of the US's life, states had way more power than the federal government. States had large independent militaries, their own currencies, trade policies with other states, and almost all control over their laws. The federal government successfully consolidated power when Georgia and South Carolina almost declared war on each other over trade conflicts, which brought forth reform. US states to this day however still have tons of legislative power over themselves, sometimes overruling federal law.

it should return to that way t.b.h

we would instantly fall apart and balkanize

based

>mfw his flag is only one country
how can countrylets even compete with the 50 countries in one?

Attached: american laugh.jpg (600x600, 65K)

We should. My state would be free to pursue policy instead of being held back by Rep*blicans and Calif*rnia.

your quality of life and wages would be third world

But user, you could say the same thing for many other federations, like Russia, or Switzerland. Ever wondered why the abbreviation for Switzerland is CH? Well. it's their Latin name, "congregatio helvetiae", or Swiss Gathering.

What matters for other countries is not "are they named like a single state", but rather "do they all have the same passport and currency".

Attached: 1552293862472.jpg (611x569, 48K)

they already are

Attached: amerimutt.png (592x631, 207K)

>do they all have the same passport and currency
based and westphalianpilled

does it mean EU is a country?

Um, sorry for my ignorance. I actually am from Westfalia. Is that also a term for something political? I was not aware of that.

Attached: westfalen.png (218x231, 8K)

No, they don't have the same passport, and not every country is in the Eurozone.

haha good joke

'Westphalian sovereignty' refers to the modern conception of countries and their borders. Each state has an exclusive right to rule its territory, and is the basis of the United Nations. It is named after the treaty that was signed in Westphalia that ended the 30 years' war by allowing each independent country to decide its own national religion.

Attached: countries.jpg (729x425, 43K)

>It is named after the treaty that was signed in Westphalia that ended the 30 years' war
Wow. I was even born in the city where the treaty was signed in 1648, but I did not know it sparked the name of a political concept.

You learn something new every day. Thank you, user, for enlightening me!

Attached: 1480873427625.jpg (570x487, 45K)

The pleasure is mine, germanon!

Attached: happyswine.jpg (360x360, 13K)

Oh, another thing in that context: When Germany was split in east and west, it was always the opinion of the West that the government of the East was not really in power, that they were just Soviet puppets. That was even fixed in the legal basis for West Germany, i.e. we paid all the reparations for Israel etc. for the East as well. The legal status was also the reason why the reunification could happen so quickly. In law, the East had always been a part of the West. Look elsewhere and you see it's no easy matter. It's now 2 years and 9 months since the referendum, and the UK still hasn't left the EU. Our reunification on the other hand just took a few weeks.