What's the Jow Forums consensus on prefab/modular homes?

What's the Jow Forums consensus on prefab/modular homes?

Attached: Modern-prefab-metal-home-810x472[1].jpg (810x472, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zillow.com/homedetails/24665-S-Highway-79-Tucson-AZ-85739/2094513730_zpid/?fullpage=true
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jow Forums will all be living in shipping containers EOY 2022. I'm investing in them.

Shipping containers are a stupid millennial meme.

>house
>wood
....lmao Americans will pay for complete Trash...mfw

Some of these new energy star compliant mobile homes are nice.

this basically. Americuns, why would you drop 1.5 mil+ on a shit made of fucking Wood? You know we had better technology since we entered Stone Age, right?

You seem to think I'm talking about HGTV faggotry when I'm thinking more about FEMA camps.

Why do eurocucks have an aneurysm when they see an American house with wood? Y'all can't even afford housing over here lmao

you mean like a prefab plywood shack?

no thanks

I'll build my own using concrete, steel and glass

Attached: titan 2.jpg (1000x600, 128K)

millenial apartment dwellers think home buying is all about the house itself
>hurr should I prefab or carve from stone?
you shop what's on the market manchildren pls

1.5m??? lmfao

google median home prices in us vs anywhere else, then google median home size in us vs anywhere. we use wood because we have a literal shitload of it (t. oregonian) and you can construct a new home that lasts 100-150 years in less than a week.

That, or this

>you bettah buy my house goy! Don't be building your own and depriving me of shekels!

Attached: One acre holding.png (1604x996, 2.27M)

>Living underground like some autistic fucking troll
Why am I not surprised /biz ?

its cheap so you could build a house on top of it
zillow.com/homedetails/24665-S-Highway-79-Tucson-AZ-85739/2094513730_zpid/?fullpage=true

fuck you

Attached: diy goes to the moon.png (1948x3328, 1.48M)

Where do you shit does it have plumbing or is it just a steel pit in the desert? The only way to make that place semi livable is to put a glass ceiling on the silo and make it an atrium / green house. I would fuck with that.

Most Americans can't either though

If you dont live on the west coast or New York housing is actually extremely affordable.

The Zillow app on my phone sends me on some great adventures. Love this stuff.

>being this much of a brianlet

It had staff didn't it? Those staff had to shit didn't they?

looks comfy to me.

except that place is rusty as shit and drinking water from 40 year old rusted lead pipes is not making it.

>not being able to handle a bit of dat dere elemental tapwater

Bloody hell mate a bit of lead and rust won't do you any harm, as they say, if it's brown chug it down, if it's rusty it's a musty, if it's lead, go ahead! etc.

Same goes for Europe if you don't live in the big cities.

Enjoy your brick walls and concrete ceiling collapsing on you during an earthquake.

as long as a building has fast internet, working appliances, and clean water i dont really care what it looks like or how big it is

Hello stalin

My house is in stone and is older than your country

I sold "mobile" and "modular" homes for two years. Mobile just means facotry built home to HUD Code that does not deed to the property (can be removed at any time). Modular just means factory built home to local code that deeds to the property.

In both cases, my company's mobile and modular homes were built at least as well as, and in many cases better than, local site built homes.

Delivered, set, and ready for move in you were looking at $50-70 a square foot for everything (including appliances).

They can be a great deal: much better deal than a boomer home in a suburb.

However, if you are really smart you can general contract your own home (built out of concrete block or structural brick) for about the same. However, this isn't something you could do if you have a job as GCing your own home IS a full time job.

Ask me anything.

This little nigga sold for around ~60,000 delivered, set up, installed and ready for move in.

Attached: 32042034902394923.jpg (1280x960, 303K)

Cope more burgerfag

What do you think about the upcoming 3D printed real estate hype?

did you scan that yourself from boy's life

Attached: soymouth.jpg (349x372, 33K)

I'm thinking about going this direction. There is a nice mobile division in my city that seems to be populated by mostly elderly retirees. I looked at some of the places on sale and they were all very nice. Considering these cost less than the average 2br condo in the same location (including condo fees/park fees etc) it appears to be a decent economical choice.

Whatever, third worlder.

You can 3d print around a 500 square foot concrete cabin from what I've seen recently. The main issue comes from the fact that you need the machinery to build the house (or be at the mercy of a contractor who will be most certainly pricing the house to compete with site built houses). In addition, the last time I checked on that option, you were required to use exposed wiring conduits: which limit your designs but this may have changed. I'd be hyped if I could have it done, but I think affordable 3d printed housing with true modularity is a long way off.

Even more economical is finding a small piece of property (1-5 acres) already set up with concrete pad for the mobile, septic, electric, and water hookups out in the country that is owner financed.

Farmers would do this all the time in my home state if they wanted extra cash. They'd do a 10 year loan at like 2-350 usd a month for the land and make 200% ROI risk free. It also prevents the lot fees from becoming a sunk cost. 90% of my homes went on either land my customers already owned, or properties like this.

Parks are just a dangerous situation waiting to happen, as they can change VERY quickly. The ones that don't are generally 65+ ONLY and have limitations on dog breed / non owner guests / etc etc which are great if you are a retired boomer but not for a regular 25 y/o boomer. Parks that do not have this requirement can go downhill VERY fast as certain, less than reputable, manufactured home companies have agreements with these parks to provide their homes to people who normally would not qualify for financing (tl;dr merle, cletus, and deshaun and dequanda ruin the park very quickly).

tl;dr find a small piece of property out in the country to put one on, never put them in a park.

Thanks for the tip! I will keep that in mind.