Is C++ worth learning?

I'm a school teacher looking to change careers. I learned some C++ back in college (20 years ago). Wondering if I should get back into C++ and what careers are available if I do learn it. Any help is appreciated!

Attached: ccc.png (671x901, 686K)

>learning a literal boomer language

Is it true that trying to learn programming is a meme now?

Why would you want to work a monkey job vs a job with the most paid vacation. Are you that retarded, hacker man?

Use Rust instead. C++ is okay, but better off investing on what makes C.

Read the K&R book ANSI C Programming.

However like I said, have been using Rust for the last year and I love it.

Thanks for not helping at all. Why do you even waste your time? Get a life, you losers.

you and everyone else on Jow Forums wants to be a programmer

that should tell you where the industry is heading and how saturated it is already

Thank you. I appreciate your help

oh and btw, this is coming from someone who is a programmer. the field is saturated. I'm considering finding other work myself.

programmers are at peak delusion atm. about to get justed.

become a welder, ground floor of budding industry, scarce market.

thanks, I considered welding. Good to know

I was told by a professor in uni that if you want to be successful as a software dev you better be fucking good and be passionate about it. Otherwise you won’t make it since it’s saturated af. Also you’ll be competing with the global supply of devs too

this. I can program in go, c++, javascript and solidity. I also know all of the meme frameworks and the best job I can get is $30k. And its going to keep on going down. The number of programmers in india is expected to go up 95% in december. fucking pajeets taking all the jobs and doing it for pennies. unless you have a cs degree or masters your job is pretty much fucked if you are programmer

Thanks. I'll probably be looking into the trades route.

That wasn't help, that's actually terrible advice.

As anything if you want to pick up programming as a career you should look into what is in demand, funny enough is good advice

99% of pajeets cannot code. their education amounts to "who can cheat their way through the exams the best?"

examples: literally saw an exchange student try copy past work from the internet, and then make letters inbetween every word instead of a space but colored them white to fool the plagiarism software.
When he got caught he begged and said he didnt cheat and its a lie. they are literally cheating scum and will do everything possible to cheat. they are no threat.

and if you have a masters?

I have just started programming as a recent masters graduate and earn way more than that. Am I going to get /justed/?

Look, unless you're trying to get a job at Lockheed and Martin or Boeing and you're writing software to fly airplanes or sell stock on the NYSE - it really doesn't fucking matter if they're pajeets or not because most businesses can get by just fine with shitty bloated code full of bugs.

no you will be fine. having a formal education says *i am not a retarded pajeet who doesnt know how to code* like said. But if you are self-taught like me or OP then you are fucked.

Yes, actually I was told by my cs professors you probably won't get hired unless you were doing research or had experience and getting hired for a high position. People with masters just put BS because they were afraid they were too expensive or some shit.

Every industry is saturated.

I do this shit for a living and want to put a gun to my head, fuck no - it's not. I only do it because it's my calling.

If you're the type of person that can 'choose' their career path then become some form of lawyer. The public will respect you, they won't treat you like scum because they don't know shit about what it is you do.

This. I worked professionally as a software developer for 6.5 yrs now. Two projects in this short span have already been oursourced to Phillipines and China.

There are plenty of normies on reddit who learn one year of python and get hired as devs. I think if you try really hard you can do well

It's a good language form a practical perspective. Elon Musk uses it.

To add to this, these foreign students use their faggot 'cultural clubs' to get together and share answers, study guides, etc. Almost every CS TA I had was involved in one of these clubs as well. Diversity isnt just an irritating meme, it is a coalition of chinks pajeets sandnigs etc working against the only students who know what hard work and self respect are (the white ones), often with university funding.

>t. Python fag

Don't learn C++ from a faggot book like that. Use a college text book like

Attached: savitch.jpg (404x500, 81K)

This

>i learned X language
>therefor programming is easy

A programmer can literally pick a language in a day. "Learning" a language, which by your definition is being able to write the most basic of programs by following a tutorial, is not "programming."

The higher paid programmers actually have to figure out how to solve new problems, not things you can google because they have been done 100 times over. And they have to know how to do it fast. Whatever programming language they choose to use at any given time is purely a design choice to produce a viable product in the least amount of time.

So for your own one off personal project C++ is fine, but for most professionals its about saving time. You can write an http server in go in literally 10 seconds, while it would take you 30min+ just to research what http library to use with C++.

rust is basically c++ with rails
if youre not learning c++ basics first youre doing it wrong

Just learn webdev if you wanna freelance or get a good job.
C++ if you wanna make games.

Pretty much unless you get a degree from a reputable college.

>muh Enron musk

Fuck of dicksucking nigger

Spoken like a fag who tried to learn python one time. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

I've never programmed in my entire life.

Seriously?

Any programmer with more than 6 years experience should be pulling $85-100/hr.

Ask for more, youre doing it wrong.

Yes
/thread

location, location, location.

think of it like this... learning C++ is the foundation. all OOP languages are super similar.

I live in the UK. Here, average software dev makes £20-60k

Been a Dev for 30+ years. I would not learn C++ unless your interest is in pure software engineering and writing lower level stuff like device drivers. The biggest employment market is in line of business applications and they don't tend to use C++ so much. Learn one or two of these: Java, C#, Javascript, SQL, Python. The bigger salaries these days however are in BI it seems, SSIS/SSAS and data analytics. Hope this helps?

There seems to be varying definitions for what programmers do. Here's what I've heard:

1) Programmer - 100% pure coder. Does no design.
2) Developer - Designs and codes.
3) Architect - Chiefly does design work.

What do you think of kubernetes? Will it supplant all the former distributed computation engines like hadoop/spark?

this just proves boomers are right

Hey oldfag. I seek your wisdom. I learned c++ and java in uni. When i say i learned i mean i struggled. Having the most basic of coding education is it easier to learn something like python? C++ ysed to confuse the hell out of me. Thanks

thanks boomer fren

Attached: 1510787088409.jpg (1643x1643, 187K)

I am learning C++, because Nenecchi is super cute and uses it to program games just like I want.

Attached: 1524897018728.jpg (1440x810, 155K)

TLDR
Just buy BCH

At least in Estonia there is a real shortage of programmers. Pretty much every NEET can learn on YouTube and become a self-employed subcontractor because the demand for web development is off the charts. All companies are hiring all the time.
I'm really sorry I fell for electrical engineering meme.

then how are you gonna give career advice like that??

>it’s practical for random anons to develop software for rocket ships and electric cars

I do this all the time, including giving routine help and form check on Jow Forums.
I don't lift either.

And get chinked

genuinely curious, do you at least know that in 99% of cases having actual experience is hugely different to reading other peoples advice online?

I'm white can you point me in the direction of
an Estonian job board? or Estonian companies?

Well fuck if you can't explain it to a retard in simple terms what it is you do then you're not really that good in the first place. I once tried explaining web dev to someone and realized it really is garbage, so I decided to switch careers to something meaningful.