REQ

What’s the deal with this token I see it get shit on a lot but it actually seems like low key one of the best projects in crypto

Attached: 4DE09E87-9AB0-48EB-81A8-BFD1C409A083.jpg (750x750, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=STRGIfAjBUY
yclist.com/
blog.request.network/request-network-project-update-december-22nd-2017-first-feedbacks-colossus-introducing-request-51fc3387a686
request.network/#/jobs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

buy my bags user

It's a great project. I'm waiting until it dips below 700 sats before I throw a ton of money in.

How long have you been in crypto? How many whitepapers have you read? What makes you think their team is more competant than competing teams? What is their competitive moat?

Why all the FUD for it though? Don’t understand that

Any crypto that drops massively in price is mocked here by people who bought high and sold as they reassure themselves they were cutting their losses and not selling the bottom.

Team shitting the bed. Pretending to be competent, YC connected, Etc. Turned out to be too lazy to meet with people, too unmotivated to do any marketing, too SJW to actually have a ceo or face of the organization...

Pretty new to crypto, about to put some money in and researching a bunch of coins. The REq dev team seems competent but too small for their project ambitions at the moment. They need to hire more devs in my view. Can’t really see any direct competitors to them. Maybe competition for some dapps that they’ve previewed but not the underlying protocol.

Do you know why they get FUD a lot?

Cryptos as a currency is a meme. They will never spread to adoption like people keep thinking.

The only thing crypto is good for is dapps. If you can build smart contracts and keep information on the blockchain then we have something useful.

As a currency, it's just a meme and a gamble. Nothing more nothing less..

request network is trying to create a payment system where you can exchange your coins for other coins. It's retarded...

Also, they gave up on fiat, they said it's simply too hard...indirectly anyway...you can't just flat out say it's too complicated otherwise the price of the token would free fall

biz got scammed by the french into thinking it was a good project

Isn’t that what REQ is doing though... making a platform to build all kinds of financial dapps on?

Req is one of those rare coins (0.1%) in crypto that has more than a white paper. It has actual product.

So the FUD is just people from the December pump that got burned? Seems like there has to be more to it than that since REQ is not the only coin that has fallen hard since then

The fud is too accumulate user

It is. This faggot is either FUDing or has no clue.

Yeah that’s what I don’t get. Like they’re light years ahead in terms of development compared to other coins with way higher market cap and they have a working product like you said

To what end? Will biz start shilling REQ again at some point?

>Seems like there has to be more to it than that since REQ is not the only coin that has fallen hard since then
track price in BTC not dollars. REQ is one of the biggest losers since the crash. People mock every single crypto but watch what ones are mocked so much its difficult to discuss. Its always biggest losers.
There are almost certainly idiots on a power trip who call cryptos shit to try and drop the price but they are idiots and not worth analysing.
I consider REQ a pretty good investment as far as high risk/ high reward is concerned at its current price but I honestly doubt anyone who bought the top cares about that

Now is the absolute-the-Abyss-tier bottom. It can't go any lower (maybe if they release buttsecks pictures from the mod meet up) and is one of the most legit projects in crypto, with 100% solid use-case and dozens of other teams already working on it and with the foundation. It's going to fucking blow up at some point and you better fill your bags when we have reached the final, ultimate, endless bottom. There is only up from there. REQ won't go anywhere, it will probably survive all of us.

Ye, It's strange. I'm a REQ believer. So many crypto projects don't have anything more than just a logo, while REQ has an awesome, actually doable and useful usecase.

And is anybody using that product? Have you actually used the product? Because I have, and it’s not impressive at all. The team should hear us shitting on their work so they can grow a pair and make something impressive.

to add more, things like tron, which doesn't do anything at all and it's usecase is pure fantasy "blockchain vr" lmao, gets bought and has huge volume because of insane marketing. REQ team is staying low for the time being.

>REQ fags are still in mourning

top kek

Attached: people-at-a-funeral-104302974-5a557655f1300a0037f1f503.jpg (768x576, 102K)

Which REQ product did you use?

Most of you on here praising Req have not even used their products, let alone looked through their github code. Let alone spoken to anybody who’s worked with / advised the team dorectly. If you actually know what you’re talking about, you’d be unimpressed with what they’ve done so far. STFU unless you can back your opinion up with something.

and how many crypto projects have you been using for it's intended purpose?

I have looked through their GitHub and the tried their payment dapp on their test net and it all seems like it’s being built by competent devs. The UI is pretty slick too.

What do you know about them that you’re not sharing?

Yeah I get the value of marketing hype in the crypto world. Seems like REQ is content to fly under the radar at the moment while the platform is built out more.

I really wish they would do marketing for the dapps already released though

Both are useless shit for hipster stores desu. This will be one of the better "early" apps running REQ with at least some potential I think.
youtube.com/watch?v=STRGIfAjBUY

ye, that's right! REQ is a platform, so people can join in and help creating dApps for it. Also, the REQ team keep hiring people, so they aren't ready to exit scam yet :)

Cool hadn’t seen Gilded before now. Is that one of their Hub projects?

I think the option to pay with any crypto on web stores is pretty awesome and something I can see using

LOL, I’m not too concerned about the REQ exit scamming.

me too actually... or receive payments is easier too

Its a token with a shitty wordpress pkugin, that can be done by many other crypto that is already established. For fucks sake you can use dogecoin to pay for shit. Dont need some other coin to make the hassle even bigger. Think for yourself and realize its worthless for what it is supposed to do because its already done.
Stop being a brainlet and realize you are investing in the gayest token ever.
Sage this gay ass thread please.

There are people like this in every thread. They attempt to mislead or dissuade people from investing in certain projects. I have also had one of my friends who is a computer programmer and cryptocurrency enthusiast to analyze the code and said it was of high quality. I have tested the various daaps and plugins and they seem to be great and something people in this space would be willing to use in order to drive mass adoption.

Simple m8
Doesn't matter what you think about the coin
If the fundamentals seem promising

Unless the coin is brand new you also factor in price action
REQ has....and will always be a shit gainer
It just is what it is, crypto doesn't make sense always. And I hedge my bets on coins that have fundamentals as well as market interest

Seems like the Wordpress plugin is just one component of the REQ platform though. There’s a lot more going on than what you mentioned.

I am thinking for myself by doing research before buying. The FUD around REQ all seems be your type of post where it focuses on one small part of the platform to try and pick apart while ignoring the rest of the project scope

I see REQ was over $1 when the market was really bullish in December so it definitely has potential for gains from its current price when the sentiment around crypto in general bounces back.

I couldn’t handle the stress of day trading hand am looking at REQ for a more long term investment, like 1.5-2 years

it's exactly that. People complain about the silliest things either by trying to FUD or being genuinely dumb.

I really like the idea of REQ being the universal way to pay with crypto, amongst other things.

The UN coin

Yeah that would be awesome. It seems like a lot of what REQ core team is focusing on right now with PwC won’t necessarily be consumer facing so I doubt it’ll get hyped a lot. But lots of transactions on the network happening internally within a few big accounting firms and government entities could see a huge amount of tokens being burned.

That’s primarily why I’m interested in REQ as a long term hold, as well as the eventual fiat integration for all of the REQ dapps

REQ will be the coin to hold with ETF bullrun incoming, expect $1.50-3.00 per EOY.

Why are ETFs especially beneficial to REQ?

they arent but people are speculating on a btc bullrun..

When is it due to start?

That's not the purpose of REQ you brainlet, you've been hoaxed by the fucking memes on biz

>muh PayPal 2.0

At no point did request network say they were PayPal 2.0, that was shit tier level shilling.

They're a platform for handling payment requests, payment is just ONE aspect, the most important part of their platform is the tracking and invoicing features.

I run a business, have you ever tried to file taxes at the end of the financial year? Ever tried calculating your company year ends?

I pay an accountancy £200/month for a shitty service and shitty software platform that helps me organise my business finances... then they have the audacity to charge £300/year for my business partner and I to complete our self assessments because their propietery software is built to be so fucking confusing I can't get what I need out of it.

That doesn't include so the other charges.

REQ is thee leading platform for tracking business payments i.e. revenue/profit/sales/etc., it's a lot better for them to focus on their platform and let kyber take care of coin swaps and fiat in the meantime.

If you got emotionally attached to your investment and FOMO'd in on Jan then at least learn from your mistake and stop pandering FUD just because you got JUSTED.

I for one am backing this project all the way, I can't wait for it to get rid of the accountancy crooks.

Until a competitor comes along, REQ is the defacto and has first mover advantage

Not sure who this was meant for, but I agree with the sentiment!

Do you think the relatively poor price action REQ’s had could be due in part because the team hasn’t effectively communicated the scope of the project?

Seems like there’s a lot of confusion or misinformation about what REQ is capable of doing

For a real competitor to appear wouldn’t they need to offer lower fees than REQ? Can’t see how anyone could decrease fees beyond what REQ has done

Success is best attracter for competition, REQ are still building out the platform and onboarding companies privately into a beta.

Also I suspect they'll switch to a staking model with a burn mechanism, which will do really well, provided they continue focusing on onboarding businesses/dapps and keep the adoption coming.

Their current roadmap indicates their plan, they're also building dapps, such as crowdfunding, to demonstrate how their platform works, there's no better way to pitch your platform than with working products, that's what they're focusing on at the moment.

The only reason there's so much confusion is the PayPal 2.0 shit and fiat gateway being dropped from their roadmap.

PayPal 2.0 was a shill to attract normies, which has probably done the project more damage than good, hence the confusion with people. Payments is only one feature of the platform. There's a reason they called it Request Network and not Payment Network.

They're blocked with fiat payments until chainlink is on mainnet, so they're correct to focus their efforts elsewhere rather than twiddling their thumbs waiting.

the best project in crypto is still worthless garbage. the sooner you realize this, the sooner you can make money pump and dumping like everyone with a brain. youre welcome, OP.

Can’t handle the stress of day trading, I’m looking for long term holds. But thanks for your contribution

I thought REQ had a few different options for fiat? Not saying that the priority shouldn’t be building out the platform and increasing adoption. Just that to put it all up to ChainLink for fiat doesn’t make sense to me. They seem like they could afford hiring 1 or 2 devs to work on developing a gateway for just one fiat currency like USD in parallel to all the other stuff they’re doing if they really wanted to

>what’s the deal with this token
>10000000000 posts by this ID
Very subtle shill

Y combinator said it was PayPal 2.0 on their site.

Im somehow down over 100% on this coin, im down on levelsonce never thought possible

>Down 100%

Wew.

Can you provide a source?

yclist.com/

Ctrl f request

>whats the deal with this token
its shit. period

t. software developer who considered building on it but backed out after review

Their trying to accomplish seamless intergration onto normies. Except it may be too early, nvm all the other accounting shit they want to do. It’s too early.

Thanks, it is on there but to be clear the language they use is “Sort of PayPal 2.0”

Seems more like an attempt to communicate in layman’s terms about the project for a mini description to fit on their site than anything

Yes goys buy the quick pump and dump coins yes good goys

Specifically what do you have issues with as a software developer?

What your saying is redundant to the below average crypto holder though

Never too early to start building the future you want!

Crypto, like any software tech, is filled with immature manbabys. When you combine that with the stress and volatility of investment, it starts to get ridiculous.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 78K)

Not sure what you mean

Actually yes it is, put it this way it’s like building gas stations with 1 or 2 cars on the road. The currency reliability isn’t there, and the infastructure isn’t there yet. Regulations are ???. Crypto is purely speculative atm . It’s just that.

I think you’re missing an important point which is that all of the software being developed in crypto now including REQ can be updated to better reflect the needs of the crypto world over time. Better to start working to address needs now and change as required over time that to wait for the ideal time to implement a solution when the crypto landscape has settled

I don't know if you realise what's involved to get a fiat gateway working, this is a monumental effort, definitely not something a few devs can take care of, this is not a technology/development limitation.

There are a number of different options for fiat integration

>blog.request.network/request-network-project-update-december-22nd-2017-first-feedbacks-colossus-introducing-request-51fc3387a686

It's a lot of work to build relationships with Visa/MasterCard... I don't even think that's a good idea as one of the benefits to crypto is to cut costs by these payment processors.

There other is a chanlink oracle that will provide verifiable proof of a fiat payment

dude calling it beta is an overeggageration. the standard being having BTC/ETH implemented. they still do not support BTC..

also why would i develop a dApp that can only use metamask? what kind of normies are EVER going to use metamask for everyday transactions? No one thats who. Metamask is not even supported on mobile so throw out any real world payments. Shit is a mess and you guys don't even know. I tethered at .12 after actually digging into the project. Good luck

apparently theyre having a week long party for the reddit mods

unbelievable

Pls stay low till september i need to buy more, 13k is not enough

EY working on a crypto tax project. REQ has not written a single line of accounting code yet (stated on their last update).

Your asking why build dapps at all?

Brave comes with dapp support built in
Opera too

Brave is a chromium fork and completely compatible with chrome, expect a merger better Chrome and Brave next year.

Metamask is dialup, integrated browser support will be broadband, and it's coming soon

Big investors know this project is shit. You think Pantera Capital, a well connected firm, would not buy any stake at below ICO prices if they knew the team were so great? They haven’t bought a single token. Hashed capital also dumped their Req awhile ago.

They won’t spend a dime on improving the brand name but they’ll wine and dine a bunch of reddit mods. A bunch of reddit mods.

Pretty sure REQ’s BTC oracle is on their test net and will be on main net soon

Also pretty sure that REQ supports payments with Ledger Nano S. So it’s not only metamask. And more options can be developed as the tech grows. In their blog post linked in the reply above they specifically say they’re focusing on payments in crypto, salaries, and loans before taking REQ mainstream.

So yeah obviously at the moment it’s probably over the heads of most non technical people. But so is all of crypto

Definitely agree that credit cards are not the future. All I’m saying is they could pick the lowest hanging fruit from that fiat options list and pay for some development time on it.

Dude stop pretending you are asking questions while you shill agressively lmao your bags are DONE and will continue to sink the more you delude yourself. Screenshot this 5 CENTS BEFORE AUGUST

No one is using ledger nano for a real world payment you mongoloid. Let me just type in your 40 character address quickly for that payment sir

Not trying to shill, just trying to understand where the FUD is coming from before I buy anything.

The REQ FUD seems mostly to come from people wanting short term gains... August is only 2 weeks away after all

they are actively hiring a couple new devs:

request.network/#/jobs

Yeah I saw that and it’s positive. Will be interesting to see the size of the team in a year’s time

If you could start slowly building a gas station next to a highway you know will get built in 2 years, and you had all the resources to do it, and you know that if you start building the gas station today you will make better decisions leading to a more efficient, profitable and more well known gas station when the highway finally opens, would you do it? Or would you wait until the highway finally opens and then try and throw something together?

This but unironically

so what can REQ offer that some payment platform built on hyperledger won't?

They could very well paying attention to a lot of fiat options but just not telling us about it. It turned out that Request was working with PwC france since September last year, but only finally told us about it in march.

I feel so confident that we haven't seen a bottom because there is still deluded fucks on this board shilling REQ. the devs fucking gave up and they are partying in singapore.

project was so so promising but they couldn't handle it.

lets not forget when they get overwhelmed/actually exit they will "pivot" to a new company with some sort of scammy series funding.

btw moneytis got less than like $500k in 6 series funding. Thats like $100k p/ vc. absolute pennies. YC only backs req with like $150k investment into their shit tokens because they are trying to recover a loss on moneytis. You GUYS ARE FUCKING DELUSIONAL

Well ERC20 tokens for one...

“The devs gave up/are partying or wasting time in Singapore” is a common FUD I see around REQ. They’re obviously still working on the project.

proof of work? i can't find any. there is maybe 2 active devs actually coding

The recent PwC article about working with REQ in use cases for banks and governments among other orgs.
The biweekly updates are really good at communicating their team’s progress.
Not sure why you are think there are just 2 devs. You can see the team list and roles on their site.

>94 replies
>34 replies by "unknowing" OP
This is just embarrassing.

He used none.

because i'm not a deluded faggot and i actually check the github. the rest of the teams work is "behind the scenes" so as far as i'm concerned they haven't completed anything with substance. right now they are underperforming coinbase commerce by x1000 and its the obvious go to for crypto payments. what else is REQ good for currently? the invoice app doesn't see more than 1 transaction a day

they are literally tortoise tier developers. had roadmap for rabbit tier developers. hence the price

why did you post this thread? buy my bags the thread? REQ is only going to tank even more if thats what you are wondering. this is NOT the bottom. if you are worried about selling and need some "fud" to secure your decision, go for it. Buy back in at 2 cents. Or be irrational and deluded. Up to you

How so? Started the thread to learn more about the sentiment around REQ

Considering that the Team has over $60 million in funding, the token is undervalued.