Serious discussion about ETH killers

So after the bad news (sharding won't be implamented until 2020 at best) we can seriously talk about some solid project who can grow in that 2-3 years timeframe and potentially beat ethereum.

I've got 4 good candidates who looks very promising on the tech side (I eliminated marketing and community factors as it'll not last if they don't have the tech to compliment it, EOS,ICX,NEO,TRX for example):

1.Zilliqa- Pbft, the first one to implement network and transaction sharding successfully, extremely fast and secure (in theory at least for now but i personally won't bet against them), new smart contract language called "scilla", similair to solidity but put more emphasis on security. Recently etheromon, the biggest ethereum based game, told they're planning to move to Zilliqa. Vitalik himself dig them.

2.Dfinity- Cloud 3.0, POS, staking is possible, claim infinite scalibility if execute properly
(It's actually possible in theory with the solution they came up with) risking a bit security and decentralization (still better than most), one of the best teams in crypto.

3.Cardano-POS,staking is possible, cannot scale linearly like Zilliqa and Dfinity can, currently kinda centralized but not for a very long time, some very interesting ideas that if implemented could be huge.

4.Hashgraph- DAG, Currently permissioned but has huge plans for public permissionless blockchain in the future, already has big ecosystem and projects who are willing to build on them, could be a serious problem to IOTA.
Hyped projects aren't welcome here and whitepaper projects as well (Harmony, Emotiq,Solana, Aergo and so on)

Attached: ethereum.jpg (1045x1920, 226K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ccn.com/ethereum-sharding-slated-for-2020-ethereum-foundation-researcher-justin-drake/
wysker.com/s/946
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck you /biz

Attached: 1526345486761.png (762x577, 39K)

looks as though you like muscular bodies. you should try dating men. fucking faggot

XLM

>talking about eth killers long before smart contracts have even entered basic stages of adoption

BCH

what's the news about sharting?

Cardano will win

Zilliqa is the smartest choice. Get at least 10k ZIL, it would be like having 100 ETH.

I found a new one user. Will post soon.

ccn.com/ethereum-sharding-slated-for-2020-ethereum-foundation-researcher-justin-drake/

good choices

hint

>>CNN

It's legit

I believe I saw a post by vitalik not to long ago saying 18+ months
or maybe that was for PoS idk they're all snake oil salesmen

Attached: ethereumdevs.png (1414x887, 543K)

you realize the community factor is huge in itself, right? we're talking about an "ETH killer" here because ETH has the largest dev community, so it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy that it remains #1 to develop on due to network effect.

ETH can't scale it just can't and solutions are 2 years away if ever
what will happen when dapps go live and nothing works lol
cryptokitties 2.0 can't wait

not if we're talking about 2-3 years timeframe. you need to remember that ethereum is barely 3 years old, everything in crypto is moving x50 faster and seeing ZIL/ADA/DFN growing a big ecosystem as ethereum in a year or 2 is very possible, especially when ETH won't be technically relevant in that timeframe.

I'm not suggesting that I think ETH is the be all end all smart contract platform, I'm just suggesting you should factor in the value of the community in your analysis of the next big platform. you stated in your OP that you weren't factoring it into it.

If you’re not in eos you will have a shitty year ahead.

T.whale with connections

just accept it already

Attached: neocat5.jpg (477x500, 59K)

I meant for projects who don't have any substance but have a big community, i even named some of them.

bump

Nothing is going to dethrone ETH at this point as long as they stay on track and provide a rich ecosystem for their developers.
If they fail to implement their spec of sharding and Casper multiple times over we could speculate about it, but the whole space is still too far out for anyone to make that kind of call.
I'm hedged a bit into Zilliqa since the technology looks fairly promising, but I don't see them overtaking Ethereum without solving all the research questions the technology is facing right now and their spec takes a shortcut in terms of security and decentralisation over what Ethereum wants to do.

What if smart contracts could not enter adoption due to shitty underlying infra ?

Holo. It already has more developers and more grass roots support than ETH ever has and works much faster and more efficiently--even with main net not going online until next year. I'm not sure if it'll work as a Smart Contract platform, but it will be the preferred platform for real, functioning dapps and websites within 5 years. I legitimately think it's a 1000x coin if you hodl long enough.

But what if mild adoption starts in 2019 let say? they will choose the best platforms and this could narrow the gaps between ethereum to ZIL/ADA/DFN until they'll eventually overtake it.

VeChain will dethrone Ethereum as it is the number one enterprise blockchain solution in the world with more daily transactions than any other. They're currently all on VeChain's private chains and are therefore invisible to the public but you'll see, once they've all switched over to VeChain's recently launched public mainnet. You'll all see.

>more daily transactions than any other.

Attached: 1511053900075.jpg (400x386, 25K)

>How much tren for a roastie like this?

0 Thor generated on a networks that needs Thor to run. Why? Migration period isn't over and VET isn't generating yet.

nigger rates right now cus tilted kids thought it would skyrocket day 1 in a bear market.. but biz will always be biz

no

TomoChain, not even joking. Under the radar right now. Provides scaling solutions to ETH, mainnet and sharding this year. Instead of aiming to replace ETH, which is somewhat a tall order, it works with it and will allow ETH to do what it's supposed to do.
It's pretty crazy to me that everyone is sleeping on this. Bargain prices right now too.

cosmos
tendermint

its currently OMGs plan A (plasma is plan B)

>T. gay fag

Anyone who doesn't have a little ADA, ZIL and XLM as Ethereum hedges probably isn't going to make it

VeChain is a chink scam and EOS is a centralized disaster and malicious actor extraordinaire. They pumped their own bags buying into their yearlong ICO over and over, sold shitloads of ETH to suppress its price and weaken confidence ahead of their mainnet, and now they're spamming transactions on the Ethereum network and grinding it to a halt, seemingly out of pure spite because it's not like EOS is even an alternative choice at the moment, it's still an unusable, blacklisting, clusterfucked RAM cartel. They're literally scammier than SkyCoin and Bitconnect put together and I hope Dan ends up in federal prison for securities fraud.

Emotiq

1) Sharding and high throughpout
2) Omniledger based. Only three coins doing that - zil, harmony and emotiq
3) Mimble Wimble so truly scalable as apart from sharding nodes, the blockchain sixe is kept small unlike in zil and harmony. this is a killer feature
4) Privacy - Non interactive ZKP with bullet proof and MimbleWimble. It will be one of the best privacy coin because of using MW.

SKY

but have you seen those feet

>sharding 2020

Welp, its over. Just go to sleep until the next halvening. Sharding + halving in 2020 will be the next bull run

Potential number 5

>Anyone who doesn't have a little ADA, ZIL and XLM as Ethereum hedges probably isn't going to make it
Can you give me the rundown on your allocations? Also, why no HOT?

Killing Ethereum requires 1 project taking its developer mindshare. Not its speculator or shitposter share as those fuckers can pick up and move on a dime. It requires convincing devs to kill their development and test environments and reimplement for another virtual machine. Not just individually, but collectively.

Something needs to be literally more than order of magnitude better than Ethereum will be in the 18 months. It needs to be that today and under real world conditions. It's hard to get developer communities to drop something. Speculators though. They don't invest time, so they aren't as sticky.

Universa

lool

But what if mild adoption starts in 2019 let say? they will choose the best platforms and this could narrow the gaps between ethereum to ZIL/ADA/DFN until they'll eventually overtake it.

besides that, some projects already planning to move to zilliqa once their mainnet launch, dfinity is very liked in the ethereum community and i know some people personally who eager to test it out.

Literally nothing will kill ETH in the foreseeable future.

They are lightyears ahead in terms of pure research. They are more decentralised and more distributed than any other blockchain and have the most developers contributing to their code than all other blockchains put together.

ETH market cap will overtake BTC in the next year or so and the flippening will take crypto market cap to upward of 2 Trillion dollars.

Rankings in 2020 will be

No.1 ETH
No.2 BCH
No.4 0xBTC
No.5 BTC
No.6 DASH
No.7 XMR

Attached: 7D881DDC-BDD4-4096-8C1E-64CA5A2DC8B7.jpg (750x738, 176K)

>fellow 0xbtc chad

This guy gets it. When eth flips btc we will see the pump of the century in 0xbitcoin

>no link
your list is shit
How can you talk about adoption without solving the oracle problem?

Casper is in 2019.

Sharding is 2020.

I'd say ZIL and NEO are the best two bets. ZIL is the best project. NEO is backed by one of the most powerful governments in the world and chinks will be forced to use it.

XLM is also another I forgot to mention. XLM probably the safest bet now actually, but I think ZIL has more room for growth and could be just as good. XLM a bit safer bet.

> 0 responses after one hour
LMAO

>0xBTC
This has to be bait. Right?

Agreed.
I see it gaining more traction everyday. I like that it based on Omniledger just like ZIL.
Mimblewimble is an incredible feature.
I can't find anything I don't like about what their trying to achieve. Any thoughts?

Joel Reymont sucks dick for money.
New Sergay: Yay or nay?

No

CODIUS

Bitch

LSK - its almost done which means first blockchain with working sidechains. Its undervalued as fuck atm

Killing Ethereum is not going to be a likely thing for any existing project. The only thing they have going for themselves is that there are way less users of the network to clog and fuck them up in various ways.

The Ethereum team aren't cutting corners like EOS (21 block producers) to get things done, they are taking their time to actually solve the scalability problem while remaining as decentralized as possible. Everything else trying to compete with Ethereum is also disadvantaged by being later on the scene. The same reason why Bitcoin will always be more sought after than Bitcoin cash, it's seen as a cheap imitation by normies. Not saying it's the actual case, but it's basic psychological perception.

18 months is a ways away in the crypto realm but will anything rise up and overtake Ethereum's marketshare in that time? I highly fucking doubt it, not with the amount of traction ETH has, the corporations on board with it, and it living rent-free in everyone's minds. I just have a gut fucking feeling that Ethereum is going to be one of, if not the only, survivor of the blockchain bubble that we are currently in, where even obvious piece of shit scam projects are being pumped full of way too much money.

Attached: 1526591300548.jpg (1024x576, 71K)

>wall'o'text
>leddit poasting
>misgenders Jow Forums name
i predict heavy weather

Wysker will be the ETH killer. Kitties killed ETH before: wysker.com/s/946

>all of these shitcoins only desperate bagholders like yourselves care about

the only way ethereum is going to be "killed" is the same way bitcoin is going to be "killed", and has anything even come remotely close to "killing" bitcoin? of course not.

you guys posting these niche unused shitcoins are just reenforcing ethereum's dominance. the more of these unused shitcoins get created, the more ethereum becomes the clear dominant player.

no developer is wasting their time learning how to develop for holochain, or lisk, or vechain, or zilliqa, or even cardano or stellar. just look at the numbers, the articles, the actual code, the results on mainnet and testnet.

the only people that care about these shitcoins are speculators, and that's all they're going to have. the hardest thing for any coin to get is non-speculative uses, and ethereum is so far ahead in this regard, it's actually making it exponentially more difficult for any other coin to gain these non speculative users, because that pool is small to begin with,

Great point you made that I forgot to touch on. There's Ethereum and then there's everything else. People who felt that they didn't buy into Ethereum early enough tend to cling to hopes that their obscure shitcoin is going to overthrow Ethereum, but there's a lot out there that make this claim and the reality is that none of them likely will, especially when the competition is so fragmented.

kill all the tokens

you really are delusional if you think there's no valid argument against it.

Ark.
Modular structured chains, with more plugins apis sdks and smart contract languages than any other
Universal interoperability
Deployable chain gives independent value to the project
Scaling not an issue
DPoS standard with multiple consensus choices

None of this matters. What matters is what normies will buy and is hyped up to generate buying power and therefore price increase = TRX, ADA, XRP,.. (everything that big youtubers shilled).

Grabbing Eth devs is the most important thing. The more devs the more chance of a killer dapp, which generates hype.

Devs want to build using Ark for the reasons listed above, it has some of the most in depth documentation and is super easy to build on.

Why would developers chose to create a dapp thats intrinsically tied to the security and performance of the platform its built on? ETH tokens are merely placeholders, waiting for an easy solution to their own mainnet.

The only way to kill Ethereum is to take it's dev community and only Tomo is doing that

I'll bite, I'm going to do some research on this this week, the immediate thing that throws me off as a developer is the Lisp language choice.

This immediately oversees the barrier to entry for adoption, why is Lisk the only smart contract platform focusing on a language that will make onboarding for developers easy?

I wish Lisk would solve their mafia problem, it could increase it's adoption curve to match ethereum in a much smaller time frame

Programming in your usual languages is very memory heavy, so inefficient for the blockchain. The output after compiling your code should take up as little memory as possible, for this reason solidity was created

Lisk is pure dog shite. Major bugs in the core code, a broken dpos system, a team of developers who dont know what theyre doing, even their science team cant slove the issues. Lisk is marketing, theres a reason why Ark chose to do a full rewrite of their core code, because its based on Lisks.

Ark already has more languages to compile in, as well as solidity.

Is Ark a fork of Lisk? Can I write javascript and have it compile to a blockchain suitable language?

A language that has a low barrier that can compile to blockchain suitable bytecode is more favorable than writing in blockchain specific languages to begin with.

If the truffle framework allowed you to write JS and compiled it to bytecode for the EVM it would help adoption significantly.

I have some Lisk hoping they fix their dPOS algorithm, but their core code and team are making good progress, they're not sacrificing the software to meet deliverables and I like a tech team that stands up for the product first

Or a project can attract their own devs.

>ETH killer
IOST

This isn't true.
Solidity is meant to be a fully deterministic, regardless of the node the code will run on. This is why a new language had to be created.

Question really is, does this kill link? If Ethereum can't scale and people can't build anything how's Link even going to gain adoption in the first place.

Yeh, you can compile in 18 different languages.

Check out
docs.ark.io
Arkdirectory com
Whatisark com > users > devs

Dayum, I want her to put me in a triangle until I submit

nah - a literal shit marketing "project"

cardano is basically an unstoppable force at this point. look at their roadmap and look into their dev processes and you will see why if 110 IQ or higher.

I wouldn't say it's unstoppable because there's a very tough competition to them.

but it is a good pick

Isn't cosmos quite centralized because they required to use validators?

I remember when Android was starting out and the App store had 80% of the apps compared to the play store, now the play store has considerably more apps than the App store since the requirements to upload to the play store are more relaxed.
ETH has the developers and more dApps than the competition but there is room for another player, this is dependent on developers using that platform over ETH and the only way that is going to happen is if they are paid to publish dApps like Nebulas.

bump

>110 IQ

But if you are 130 IQ or higher you will see that it is all bullshit designed to trick 110 IQs in to thinking they stand a chance.

Unironically ETC. They have made small but steady wins

And BCH is a contender. Regardless of Ver and Faketoshi, they are going balls deep into making it number 1

definitely not

Cardano will be the second largest Cryptocurrency by market cap in 2019, and as the whole crypto currency market will have grown hugely, it will be at the very least $20 per ADA.

You heard it here first.

>No.2 BCH
>No.4 0xBTC
Oh no user is retardead, WHY DOES BCH HAVE ANY FUCKING VALUE?

Stratis
>sidechains
>icos
>bitcoin tumbler
>smart contracts
Most of this is in alpha and almost done. Once finalized its set up to be better this eth or any of these chink scams in op.

Totally agree

Cardano has been legit since beginning of time. Biz always ignores it...maybe it has a stupid name. Hokinson has a punchable s.oy face so what.

They have a massive team with connections, and stick to their timeline. They do what they say they will and shill when needed which is obv needed (link fags)

Buy ada and some zill or you faggots wont make it you hear me?

Fuck you. This topic only brings out the delusional ERC20 bagholders and their info ripped from a comparison chart.

Stratis is a great buy under $3.

The projects i mentioned are good, Jow Forums is just disappointing as always

cardano will be $5 eoy screencap this