Why are Nissan cars less expensive than Toyota and Honda?

Go on the website of any dealership that sells used cars and I guarantee you that most of the relatively recent Nissans are going to be less expensive than Toyotas and Hondas of the same year.

Why is this? Poorer quality? Less brand recognition?

Attached: carpepe.jpg (1200x630, 65K)

poorer quality definitely. they break down. just buy a model 3 like everyone is.

man.
But yeah Nissan purposely makes and sells cheap cars. Not all across the board but for 90% of what they currently produce. They also make them easier to finance at dealerships.

Not worth it man. Their transmissions are garbage. Once they go, that’s it. You’ve got a brick. Happened at 100k for me.

honda and totota (and ofc Lexus) are top quality reliable brands. You pay for that.

What about if he doesn't want a transmission for girls? How do the manuals hold up?

BECUASE NISSAN IS NOT JAPANESE

IT WAS gong bad in the 90s and renault bought them out. japanese only have 20% say

the rest is french

hence why they are junk long term

versus honda and toyota

osaka here so trust me i know

20% I meant skyline and 370z

yes they rest are junk and those v6 are not the easiest to work on

hence why the gtr has gone unchanged

renault cannot afford to pay Japanese for another special car

they need crap like Nissan versas they can finance themselves and stupid rates

look at Nissan dealers and how many Mexicans are lining up to buy junk

its not quality but volume they are after

Toyota has very strict standards and they dont fuck around

I have a buddy at DENSO and he tells me how Toyota has QC checkpoints like no other

Nissan ass belong to French Renault

same as Mazda is junk because Ford owns most (same crap mazda going down ford to the rescue) then came junk

only 2 brands in this world Toyota

and when btc moons . Lexus LFA

because you see McLaren and lambos more often

kys

choose common or rare

lambos and Ferrari are burned and cannot be worked on when your dumbass shit breaks down becuase you have to ship it to Italy for special dumbass parts

Japanese : no

What about S. Korean cars (KIA)?
They looking good nowadays. How is the quality?

This. I had the manual transmission replaced in my 04 Camry - cost $1,200 inc labor. I always try to get the manual transmission as that's usually what bricks cars.

This explains a lot. Thanks user.

t. Mazda 3 GT (2017) owner

Are the modern Mazdas really not any good?

based nipper

they offer 10 year warranty for a reason

I drove several even the GM ones.....chevy aveo aka Korean Daewoo aka Hyundai aka kia

they are all the same

hate to say it but its sucks the good choices are limited

I mean in terms of design I dont know who would buy a stinger and all Koreans do is poach german engineers.....from MB to BMW

its all the same crap except for the those last 2

honda is not doing so well since they partnered with UK (civic) everything in terms of design and engine (turbo) is uk based not Japanese...….why would people pay Japanese price for BMW issues.

I highly recommend you look into the new Toyota chassis …..GMBH ? anyway the new corolla to me is the most appealing

has the looks and engine
, no turbo parts to break down in the future and the car design is the most subtle of the bunch

I think kia stinger should have a recall on design. its hideous, almost like the new camry but at least that has a name and reliable engine to back it up

Toyota and Fuji heavy industries have been in the game way too long and have too much to lose. hence why they dont need to offer so much warranty crap like KIa or Hyundai

drove a kia suv 2 months ago and it was the worst driving experience ever. the engine and trans are an abomination

Attached: 1527394571421.jpg (1024x1024, 118K)

I own a mazda 3 2015

worst decision ever

the bank thinks it will win

screw them I paid over 20k still owe money and the trans is done

the dealer will not replace the trans because these fuckers decided to blame it on different wheels and suspension

found a lame excuse for a faulty tran

later I found out its made in china

reeeeeee

then i saw my brake master cylinder also made in china

brake lines made in philpines

wtf ?

i paid for japanese car and this is what i get ?

screw you ford .......they forced mazda to lower the quality and up the design

mazda is fake japanese

Imo they are the best, most modern looking classic cars out today. I never liked Mazda brand but everything out recently is gold.

Mazda 3 - quality, reliable, many trims
Mazda CX-5 - same.

They are cheap and good. To get the same thing you would have to spend 2-3x more in European cars like Mercedes-Benz and bmw. Mazda 3 GT (30k) is comparable to a Merc that costs 60-70k. The CX-5 goes for 30-50k and the Merc equivalent is 2x or more.

You also get good treatment from other cars and police that see you. They are easy on the eyes

It's always interesting to read non car people talk about cars. Your concerns and what details you all focus on are absurd.

you will get 40mpg with skyactiv

but in terms of quality like my previous post mentioned

mazda never used this many outsourced parts. and never from china

now its all downhill since they their cars to look good and not last long

with mazda $$ you cannot have both especially when big daddy FORD CALLS THE SHOTS who does what with money

Toyota and Honda aren't Japanese anymore either

yes yes design

but 10 years from now thats what you get

good looking but crap inside

the cars you referred to are BM chassis from mazda

I know them very well and like I said good looks and functionality are one thing. longevity is way different

thats where mazda has failed before and will continue to do so UNLESS FORD LEAVES

YOU WILL NOT FIND THIS MANY CHINA PARTS IN ANY OTHER JAPANESE CARS.

HECK even Nissan didn't go that low, they went French (renault)

what market ?

we all know they outsource

but to what degree is the argument here

toyota is the best

especially the new corolla

my friend works at Denso and I saw the quality standards, compared to nissan mazda and honda its #1

to be a supplier toyota has numerous testing standards comapred to other jap cars and this goes a long way

2014-2017 entire braking system is china and Philippines. compare that to a Toyota

no way

made in china, Mexico, Philippines

OR

MADE IN JAPAN

Japanese way of life or developing nations ?

cmon biz

2 eazy

I was going to buy Toyota or Subaru but these reliable cars are boxes and wheels at the end of the day. I'm not saying Mazda is perfect but they put a smile on my face because of their design. I personally think they messed up big time with the istop functionality but outside that they are great. I probably wouldn't buy the other models. The MX5/Miata is a small penis car with no power, the other models Mazda 2, 6, 8 and everything between are generic and are not compelling buys (maybe the 6). But the company is on the right track.

How many km's?

I must admit I like to see rx vision renders and jaguar cx-9

the art of the samurai is sword is in all these cars

cant have it all i guess

They both build the majority of their cars in North America now and source parts globaly

Hell, the Civic transmission is made in fucking India

that makes it worst 40,000 maga miles

shifter cable came off the other day

battery is too big compared to hondas and the ecu position is terrible

not sure how but check yours

somehow acid from battery dried up near shifter cable and now i look like a dumbass in traffic. i couldnt shift

luckily i squeezed my hand in to put it back on

still have pics

Toyota has the least

thats what I am trying to explain. the company who sticks to its roots the most wins

problem with Toyota is financing / price

they are not cheap for a reason

but heck what does that matter right ?

look up a used Toyota FJ cruiser and Look up a used Nissan Xterra

It amazes me how much Toyota holds its value

Too bad Mitsu went down to the grave, I loved my Evo X. Nissan isn’t releasing a new GT-R?

Under radiator hose near battery

Trash

Made in PRC

Attached: IMG_20180707_140534014.jpg (1500x2000, 626K)

huge rally fan

sad but i guess we still have wrx ?

not sure about GTR last I heard was renault and Fiat want to merge.

Evo X is nice sad to see it go

Based nip, should I buy a Subaru WRX? How is their reliability?

GTR is the only Nissan car people still care about. The R36 is overdue.

Mistsu are reliable low end cars. I got a lancer for my sister for 5-6k and it is pretty indestructible. Sure it's mostly plastic and feels and drives like a box but it's a good cheap car.

I used to idolize rally cars like Evo's and WRXs but then I got older and realized there is no place for these cars in the modern world where the speed limit is like 60km/hr.

Yes they should’ve not lost their balls and made a Evo XI to challenge Subaru, but that company is gone. I have a Toyota 86 now and it’s too slow

I thought the R36 was coming soon. They need to make it to battle the new Supra. Mitsu Lancer was a great line and they blew it

I had a WRX wagon for a while, and you are absolutely right, nobody NEEDS that kind of power on a public road. It was definitely a fun car, and I had a blast breaking the law all the time, but eventually you grow up a bit and realize that the other people on the road don't want to take part in your racer boy fantasy, and they deserve safe driving on your part.
Sold it, bought a 2004 Tacoma 2wd that I drive like a grandpa, and never had to repair anything major in 9 years of ownership.
Still have a manual transmission in the truck though!

Attached: 1531373215137.jpg (749x800, 166K)