Blockchain is useful but crypto currencies aren’t

>blockchain is useful but crypto currencies aren’t

Attached: 40FED883-367E-4178-BEE1-2037140F72C9.jpg (167x242, 17K)

It's true. Crypto Currencies are just a shitty way to capitalize on blockchains.

it's all useless ! fallin' for the crypto scam meme

>internet is useful but email aren't

Attached: hotstove.png (398x644, 374K)

email is free

>video cards are useful, but mining should be banned

Attached: 1530413426102.png (1879x1384, 571K)

Blockchain is great in few cases. But mostly, blockchain is worse than classic DB or similar tech.

>electricity is useful but light bulbs aren't

Attached: 1519133737651.gif (273x275, 1.79M)

This but unironically

Get out soibois.

You realise you fundamentally misunderstood what blockchain is if you say that and therefore demonstrate why OP is a noob filter

fuking lol

All ERC-20 tokens are useless when they've built their platform on top of ETH and don't need their own native currency. This is just one example of companies getting rich off of you dumb fucks.

What is blockchain then?

Yeah, if you are arguing that a lot of CryptoCurrencies that exist right now have no meaningful use ase for a blockchain i agree.

But faggots who say that mostly mean that “blockchain” Is useful but Crypto Currencies dont need to exist to have a blockchain. This is a fucning retard statment and demonstrates not understanding how a blockchain works.

this is completely differnet argument... yes, majority of tokens are useless. but saying "blockchain is useful but cryptocurrencies arent" is fucking retarded.

>"blockchain is useful but cryptocurrencies arent" is fucking retarded.

Why

Because nobody fucking cared about blockchain until crypto, even though the tech was around since 1991.

The tech wasn't around until crypto started, back in 1991 and the following years it was just a concept. Satoshi realized the concept of blockchain with its first application: Bitcoin

Riddle user here. Currency in its traditional meaning is not a very accurate term for erc-tokens etc. I suggest you to study the functions different erc-tokens have. On a fundamental level you should understand and study the implications of hashing; being able to run a specific algorithm over potentially any file. To OPs concern, it is true that ChainLink will make a lot of projects obsolete. No need for specified tokens when the existing information can be fetched into the blockchain. Accumulate ChainLink. I'm saying this because I love you. Do you want to believe?

>if I call him a nazi bean, I don't need to back up my claims

He already backed them up. read.

Think of crypto tokens as a software license. My adobe CC is just a bunch of 0s and 1s but I’m still paying money for access to its service every month.

Blockchain without cryptocurrencies is fine for permissioned chains. If you want a permissionless open ledger though, like ETH or whatever, you need a cryptocurrency associated with the ledger to incentivize node operators to do their thing. If you don't then you can't possibly hope to achieve anything remotely resembling decentralization.

literally no need for it though. its a meme. a SQL database or another ledger is fine. thats why ops comment is such a noob filter for people who try to sound smart and up themselves

>Blockchain will change the world guys!
>Bitcoin(BTC) will fade, but cryptos are here to stay

Attached: bottomless.png (1416x1600, 606K)