Briefly explain what the oracle problem is without using Google

Briefly explain what the oracle problem is without using Google.

Attached: 1519059877682.jpg (640x700, 308K)

How do we get data from APIs that banks/companies use now onto the block chain?

Chainlink

It a marketing term to sell communication equipment

The oracle problem is defined strictly as $1000 eoy

>If x, do y
>Did x happen?
>Who says x happened?
>Who says x didn't happen?
>Who do we believe?
>How long does it take us to decide all this?
>How do we ensure that "if x, do y" can be decided instantaneously and also stay independent of human error / bias / malicious influence
>$1000 EOY

Briefly explain what *anything* is without using Google.

Attached: 1521221029282.jpg (640x775, 106K)

Fucking fag return to where you belong leddit reeeeeeee

Dyor or you dont get link

Attached: 7FD2F4AA-0656-42E0-859E-EAADE61ED054.jpg (3508x2334, 126K)

Lel that guy is probably bagholding right now

aw cmon not everyone can read you know

A distributed system attempts to access an API data source, but since the nodes need not execute the instructions simultaneously, the data provided by the API can yield different results.

Hence you need to build some kind of time to API value lookup table; formally called oracle.

>t. compsci user

Kill yourself

Immortal chains need senses

>>How do we ensure that "if x, do y" can be decided instantaneously and also stay independent of human error / bias / malicious influence

ya got an answer for that except give people some forkable coins?

Well, Agent smith was out to get her but she needed to tell NEO some stuff that would enlighten him. She believed in human choice but eventually Smith got to her and did that weird green shit. Then he laughed.... he laughed user. Cus he took over her powers.

you can't. Building an error tolerant system will always introduce some latency. You cannot build a system like that that works instantaneously

so how fast can LINK do it?

how would I know? Their system isn't even live.

Not a brief explanation

Attached: 1530922374112.jpg (949x854, 266K)

>oragle prublem

Attached: 1524853348170.png (625x773, 113K)

Oracle is a company sponsoring Java and MySQL

you need to validate data but you neither know which data to trust nor which validator, the solution can only be some consensus amongst tons of decentralized validators that all have an interest in providing the "correct" data

everyone in this thread is wrong. LINK does one thing, and it is this:

LINK ensures that the information being sent from the information provider to the blockchain is not corrupted en route from its source(provider) to its destination(blockchain).

i'm still amazed people havent grasped this simple concept yet.

>you need to validate data
wrong. see above.

The Oracle problem is feeding information into a smart contract and ensuring that the information fed is accurate without having to trust it.

smart contracts need data to execute tasks. oracles will feed them data.

My name is Oracle and my problem is not having enough money. Chainlink will solve this.

Attached: 1529689030872.png (340x278, 135K)

Attached: 0498205947209357682875.png (1151x2335, 1.64M)

Ok so there's this got who really likes McDonalds, but he can't afford to eat it every day. What's a guy to do? He needs to find more money. "Hey Ari, you like Big Macs?"

Lmao no one really knows and still have given them zillions dollars for something that no one understand or need

Attached: 856E5116-D300-45F3-B10B-9027F980C2BC.jpg (485x331, 43K)

i am.

The oracle problem is the challenge surrounding getting correct external data into smart contracts/blockchains in a trustable manner.

holy fucking brainlets i swear

the correct answer

Problem of getting two databases to talk to one another

>haven’t looked at google or thread yet

It's a fucked up voting system to decide which data from the real world should enter the blockchain. Kevin, a 30 year old who lives in his mother's basement gets paid in worthless tokens called Links to remain honest. Honesty in this system is calculated using averages.

LMAO

In other words: a made up problem trying to get solved using a system that will NEVER work.

Link cannot do shit, and if it does, it will be slow as fuck. It's pointless

buy mobious>?

This. All the chainlink team has said they can do for eth network congestion at this point is to increase the gas price which is the stupidest shitty bandaid solution that a 6 year old could come up with. Engineering at smartcontract is a fucking joke and this is why it was a genius move on them to convince everyone that smart contracts have real world use when in reality who the fuck is going to use something that is rendered useless with such high latency

NO U

Why haven’t more people realized this? Imagine if a smart contract executed hours later than it was supposed to. Is the “interact with muh real world” meme something biz tards are actually falling for?

kek

here is my understanding. none of these coins really do anything, but if we were to connect them all it can further increase the functionality of the crypto ecosystem. its a solution to a problem that doesn't really need to be solved, but if we throw money at them we might get rich.

there is no oracle problem. these crypto solutions to nonexistent problems are basically the same shit that commies did with ditch digging. dig a fucking hole only to patch it back up and repeat and pretend that they were productive.

a problem that doesn't exist

Unironically when real link fud appears biz decides to ignore it. As much pride as this board has in shilling BTC and ETH with their confirmation bias it has become as much of an echo chamber as reddit. The shills and circlejerking around link has spiraled into a self-feeding state that quietly dismisses real fud. For example, how often does biz talk about the centralization of reputation providers? How about Sybil attacks? It’s all swept under the rug.

In my Oracle there is problem, and that problem is transport.

LINK is literally trying to be a middleman in an industry surrounding a technological breakthrough that exists to remove middlemen.

I wish I could be present as each LINK brainlet realizes he's invested in vaporware. There is literally no reason for having a decentralized network or oracles.

I am so fucking embarrassed that this is the favorite coin of this board.

*of oracles
Before some LINK sperg spergs out

>I am so fucking embarrassed that this is the favorite coin of this board.

Thats the problem with telling your friends and mom about Jow Forums. Otherwise you wouldn’t care.

you couldnt have it more backwards. LINK removes the trusted middleman and replaces it with a network. you could call it 'middleware'

The Oracle problem is one that is only understood by those with an extremely high iq. Basically, in short, smart contracts or the entire ethereum platform is worth nothing if it's not solved.

faggots on biz thinking they know a special secret

I own 100k. Should I be worried?