Explain blockchain in one sentence

Explain blockchain in one sentence.
Bet you can't do it.

Attached: biz buying in.gif (320x226, 3.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

wysker.com/s/946/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A Linked list with SHA-256 encrypted pointers

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

globally distributed database

this

not wrong, but too simple

Math coins.

Magic money floating on the internets.

Attached: __patchouli_knowledge_and_remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_terimayo__597e8e2e780063df1ccde6521b5e21a5 (1152x720, 71K)

Proof of Work autism and lambos

>too simple
>explain in one sentence

Attached: brainlets1.png (617x347, 55K)

The best ledger in all of human history

nigger SHA256 isn't a requirement for blockchains. That's implementation details.

Also yes, it's possible in one sentence. Google it again and retry

It’s a data structure bro. What the fuck is so hard about that?

Better question: why is bitcoin better than everything else? Readyyyyy go

Triple entry digital accounting where information can only be added

A scam.
I'm here purely for the money, so I don't give 2 fucks

A data structure that ensures with a high percent of certainty that data that represents a form of "online spendable currency" cannot be double-spent even without a central authority or server, by organizing transactions into blocks which have to be locked by proof-of-work which is to hash each block to have a certain number of leading zeroes, so that it cannot be simply altered as it should take huge amounts of computing power to generate such a hash, as well as enforce ordering of blocks by having each block refer to the previous block.

Explain molecular biology in one sentence. Bet you can't do it.

Moron.

no, that's bitcoin (or anything that works in a similar fashion)

>A data structure that ensures with a high percent of certainty that data that represents a form of "online spendable currency" cannot be double-spent even without a central authority or server, by organizing transactions into blocks which have to be locked by proof-of-work which is to hash each block to have a certain number of leading zeroes, so that it cannot be simply altered as it should take huge amounts of computing power to generate such a hash, as well as enforce ordering of blocks by having each block refer to the previous block.

Attached: spedepasanen.jpg (600x683, 32K)

>molecular biology
Molecular biology /məˈlɛkjʊlər/ is a branch of biology which concerns the molecular basis of biological activity between biomolecules in the various systems of a cell, including the interactions between DNA, RNA, proteins and their biosynthesis, as well as the regulation of these interactions.

Attached: 1513658684851.jpg (640x640, 26K)

keep watching "the tech" menahwile I'm making money regardless if this scam is mooning or crashing because I'm not emotionally attached and If I feel like shorting I will do it in a hear beat. The only use case for blockchain that actually looks interesting and I would ever needs are simply payments so once bitcoin if faster and cheaper to transact all other shitcoins can die if you ask me. They are all solutions (shitty ones at that) to non-existing problems

> that's bitcoin
That's definitely NOT bitcoin.
Bitcoin is a SPECIFIC online currency, that is the data structure, bitcoin is NOT the data structure.

The only thing I see that may be disputed in my statement is the proof-of-work part (as it may use another consensus mechanism like proof-of-stake), and the leading zeroes part.

its a encrypted distributed database

neither does it have to incorporate a spendable currency of any sort.

SHA is a hashing algorithm, not encryption. This is like Cryptography 101 and there is a huge difference. Also the specific hashing algorithm depends on the blockchain. And it doesn't really matter that they're hashed pointers, what matters is that the pointers are checksums of all previous data.

Yes I can. Blockchain = Wysker: wysker.com/s/946/

True, I should've said that it ensures the state of addressable data variables at a specific block without a central authority... etc. etc.

>without a central authority
that's also not a necessity. After all it's just a datastructure, isn't it :^)

>mfw nobody can explain blockchain

Blockchain is a distributed ledger database technology with special data validation function which can, but not must, be used for trustless information transfers

That's the entire point though.
If you have a central authority, then it's just a database.

ok, I'll give you brainlets a hint: distributed yet mutable

>mfw nobody can explain blockchain
Nope, you're just nitpicking as a lame attempt at trolling, and I'm just playing along because I have nothing better to do.

That's not true.
Banks will use it for fast and reliable asset transfers. Still centralized in terms of only banks will run the nodes

It doesn't even have to be distributed LOL.
You can literally chain blocks locally on your own machine, hash each block yourself, and be the single node.

Ha see I can nitpick too.

that's called a linked hash map

You're just fudging the definition of central in this case.
They don't trust each other hence they use a blockchain, that's not "central authority" in that there's no single server that dictates the values.

Use link to get free airdrop::
wysker.com/s/23

>there's no single server that dictates the values
oh, look. Isn't that missing from your definition

That's... not what a linked hash map is at all.
Linked hashmaps don't even have "transaction blocks" like I stated in my definition.

You make TERRIBLE mistakes, like defining "what bitcoin is" above and now what a "linked hashmap is", I am forced to believe YOU don't actually know what a blockchain is LOL.

that's precisely what a linkedhashmap of blocks of transactions is.

hint: you're missing precisely the part that differences this from blockchain

That's what I meant when I said "no central authority", but you fudge definitions, none of your nitpicks count.

Plus you lost all the right to nitpick when you defined "what bitcoin is" and "what a linked hashmap is" in a COMPLETELY WRONG manner.

Sorry, whatever credibility you had in my eyes when I went into this thread was lost in those two responses, so I'm not replying anymore. Bye.

ok ok, one more hint for this brainlet

Attached: consensus-2018-day-two-canadian-blockchain-innovation-1200x600.png (1200x600, 62K)

Kill yourself

Global, distributed, trustless digital ledger.

Attached: one eye.png (512x512, 257K)

EXPLAIN OP'S AIDS INFESTED POOPER IN ONE SENTENCE

Ponzi scheme that will make me rich.

An easy way to make money.

I actually have no clue how it works. But I made 11 thousand dollaroos so you could call me a fan

electronic currency double spending preventor

"A device for transfering wealth from impatient to patient."
- Craig Satoshi Nakamoto Wright

Network that chains blocks of information in a digital ledger.

STINKY.