What do with $10k savings?

I have about $10k saved up and I want to know how to invest it so that I'll have a small but steady income in the future. My brother wants to build an aquaponic greenhouse on some land we have and sell the produce on Ooooby (in Fresno CA).
ooooby.org/
I am a chemist and he is an engineer and I think we could pull it off. Is there something else that I should do with my money?

Attached: greenhouse.jpg (275x183, 19K)

seems bad choice, invest $10k in eth.

10k isn't shit. consider this your emergency funds in case something bad happens.

You're going to be working 80 hours weeks for 10k a year doing that shit, Growing platns is fucking hot hard work. And you're going to be building everything yourself (or paying out the ass) and odds are you don't have half of the skills that are required.,

This is money I have saved specifically FOR investing. I have plenty of money for emergencies and a steady income.

That’s a cool idea! You’re posting on a crypto board so everyone will tell you to buy coins, and it’s true that you could drastically increase that 10k but you could also tie it up in shit that will go nowhere for a year or two, depending on the market. Better to start your own business with it.

Let's not assume that I haven't done my research. I have already made a pilot system and have about 4 years of experience with aquaponics. The system requires minimal work and 99% of it is automated. The only difficult part is harvesting, which only happens every few months.

Do you have any experience marketing produce?

if you are dead set on doing this I suggest you buy a handful of raspberry pis and some temperature/humidity monitors in and around the plants and soil. put together some code to automate watering the plants.

don't expect to grow much your first year. I've had a few pepper plants in my backyard that have been growing for 6 months now and they're still baby sized peppers.

personally, I don't think this is an investment which will generate big money, so much as it is a good back up plan if you're into survivalist scenarios.

if you're interested in making money I'd seek other avenues.

farmers markets...csa boxes.

you want to know a good idea to make money I've considered doing? buy a vending machine that sells redbull (not monster, redbull) and put it on your nearest state university campus.

Buy an ATM and set it up inside your towns plaza or center

Believing pepper plants last more than one growing season.

I do not. I can't see that as any major hinderance though since my brother and I plan on selling space in the greenhouses as community co-op gardens. I have a lot of experienced producers in my network as well, who I could rely on for advice.

If you can sell your product straight to local restaurants and farmers market, then do it!

they do

>bitcoin
>ethereum
>link

in a couple years you'll have a couple more 0's added to ur savings.

Then why ask Jow Forums? You have more experience than anyone here.

I've been interested in the same crap for a decade. I just got some land in FL. I'm trying to market fresh moringa via account sales. If I were you I'd do the same thing. Moringa is perennial vegetable that you plant once and forget about. It's typically sold dried and powdered but is eaten fresh in other countries.

Aquaponics is a neat idea but way to capital intensive for my liking.

>literally wanting to be an actual fucking literal farmer

Attached: cdb[1].jpg (499x499, 17K)

I guess I naively assumed this board could help with investments besides meme money? haha

what investment? you're trying to grow plants

we don't think it's a good investment. most of us aren't farmers. I gave your faggot ass a better suggestion for making money and you didn't respond.

kys

yo I thought it was a meme too but then I saw the subsidies, houses, and cars they have out in the middle of nowhere
sell microgreens or sprouted shit to juice shops or cafes?

There are a lot of people here that actually are involved in this industry but most people who respond to threads are uninformed redditors. I have a degree in ag marketing and worked in food sales, and now I have a farm of my own.

Most people here are into cryptos because they will literally make you more money than anything else.

Instead of doing aquaponics, why don't you buy 3 pounds of PKM1 Hybrid Moringa seeds off ebay, plant out half an acre, and sell a couple thousand pounds of produce a week with doing any work except harvesting. Then put your 10K into solar panels and ASIC miners, and convert your profits into chainlink.

I have 2 acres of land but I don't have 10k. IF I had 10k, that's what I would do.

Great idea OP.
Would u consider a partner ?
I can contribute capital and have 2 outpost for sales in the grove farmers market and silver lake village

the experience alone should be worth it. just make a budget and stick to it knowing the project most likely most likely won't be profitable or worth your time in the end.

Aquaponics does not require soil. Op what kinds of things do you hope to grow?

I don't see how countries with lots of land and water like USA require a change to traditional farming methods. By law you can't label aquaphonic grown crops as organic.

buy gold

Could always grow niche items like truffles or saffron, in which case the overhead is minimal and outweighed by demand.

Create an LLC, write a business plan, and take a proposal to a bank. Use imaginary Federal Reserve money at 4.5% to build your greenhouse, buy yourself a decent used Honda with the 10K to commute back and forth to it.

Split 25% into btc bch etc abd XMR is a better plan. You won't even outcompete big producers of organic food OP

Buy 100k CET and enjoy daily dividends for the rest of your life

Aquaponics farm still requires LED lighting switched on most of the day, so you have you taken into consideration the monthly electricity bill unless you want to setup a solar farm.

>truffles

I'm a microbiologist with a large focus on mycology. The chances of anyone growing truffles consistently is slim to none, its pure luck, they're mychorrizal and don't nessecarily fruit every year, hence their high price.