If this part of paris is so widely loved, why don't they build more of it instead of the horrendous commieblocks?

if this part of paris is so widely loved, why don't they build more of it instead of the horrendous commieblocks?

Attached: vue-haussmann-paris.jpg (912x608, 200K)

>commieblocks bad

Because for the price of one Haussmann building with 40 flats you can build a commieblock with 100 flats.

>commieblocks are better than pic related
this is your mind on slavism

Attached: paris-immeuble-haussmannien-architecture.jpg (700x466, 328K)

is the price worth it when you have people jumping off the commieblocks en masse to commit sucide?

As long as they pay for the flat nobody cares, I guess.

There are some reasons.
- Economical: building commieblocks is way cheaper.
- Practicality: commieblocks are easier to mantain and clean.
- Time: you can build commieblocks faster.
- Cultural: building old style structures is trashy and kistch. Like the Disneyland castle.
- Urbanism: commieblocks use less space.

>- Economical: building commieblocks is way cheaper.
i still don't understand this argument
why can't we use factories to mass produce the ornamentation for the haussmann buildings?
surely that would cut down on costs?
>- Cultural: building old style structures is trashy and kistch. Like the Disneyland castle.
oh fuck off

is this trashy?

Attached: 724819260249-00-neuschwanstein castle.jpg (1200x964, 462K)

the bourgeoisie aren't allowed to steal money from the peoples to build fancy shit anymore

i love rounded blocks like that, its pleases my autism

Attached: 1.jpg (852x480, 127K)

No, this is.

Attached: turkey-4.jpg (768x432, 117K)

the building i posted was funded almost entirely from the mans own pockets who envisioned it

All these reasons are economical (capitalism)

this is more of a mistake in subdevelopment planning than anything else though
i mean just look at it

Yes, we live in a capitalist system. We do things in a capitalist context.

>surely that would cut down on costs?
Yes, but not having any ornamentation in the first place cuts them down even further without any effort. You do realize that development is a for-profit business?

>i still don't understand this argument
>why can't we use factories to mass produce the ornamentation for the haussmann buildings?
>surely that would cut down on costs?
Producing Haussman style buildings in massé would be one million times more kitsch lol

>man's own pocket
>literally emptied Bavaria's state budget for his castles

Attached: 354deaa3770912621bb816da070346ab.jpg (258x245, 12K)

>You do realize that development is a for-profit business?
apparently nobody told europeans that in the 19th century

>Ludwig paid for the palace out of his personal fortune and by means of extensive borrowing, rather than Bavarian public funds
>Contrary to frequent claims, the Bavarian treasury was not directly burdened by his buildings.[31][35] From 1871, Ludwig had an additional secret income in return for a political favor given to Otto von Bismarck.[nb 6]

Yes actually. It's not a genuine castle you know. In a way it's a caricature of what a 19th century mentally ill monarch thought a castle should look like. It only looks good far away. It's actually very small if you are inside the yard. The walls look cheap from close up.

Yes, except all his loans fell onto treasury after he went to sleep with the fishes.
>tfw a wallaby is telling me about my country

>It's not a genuine castle you know
thats why i posted it
because the mexican user said
>>- Cultural: building old style structures is trashy and kistch. Like the Disneyland castle.

The political 'favor' was selling out Bavaria's independence to Prussia, joining the German empire and recognizing the Kaiser, lol

An old guy who was dying built this here, it's small but this is as far as a man can go without stealing money from the goverment

Attached: campanopolis.jpg (960x640, 104K)

Normal people don't own fortunes and can't build their own Neuschwanstein castles. Government and private developers could 1 big castle and give housing to 5 people or build 1000 commieblocks and give housing to thousands of people.

>we're not allowed to build ornamental buildings anymore because the costs will fall onto the state when the person funding it mysteriously dies
what are you talking about you berliner

*could build

Do you know how much cost Haussman buildings per month? Do you honestly think the average N*Fri or Sub-Saharan can afford it?

Attached: NapoleonIIIHaussmann.jpg (358x487, 76K)

Those haussmann buildings are actually not well-maintained at all on the inside.

>germany, a country whose government has spent billions of dollars building an ugly airport for 20 years that is still unfinished to this day is saying we can't build nice looking buildings because its too expensive
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MAN

Attached: BER_Terminal_Flying_Carpet-001-berlin-brandenburg-airport-germany.jpg (2560x1920, 2.04M)

Eh? Are you having a stroke? You're allowed to do anything you want. The reality is most developers don't bother with fancy facade features, because it's literally just burning a part of their profit margin for no return. I'm not sure why this is so hard for you to grasp.

do you know that it is technically impossible to build haussmann buildings exactly like the originals because the quarries that supplied the stone are gone?
i'm not saying we should build it to the exact same specification but build with more modern sustainable materials because material science has come such a long way

your line of thinking has turned many parts of paris into muslim ghetto shitholes, pull your head out of your ass pierre

>reeeeeee muh price performance ratio
and i'm not sure why this is so hard for YOU to grasp, if you focus everything around price performance instead of things people like then people will have to resort to pic related

Attached: chinese-worker-at-iphone-factory-commits-suicide-by-jumping-off-building-519270-2.jpg (3500x2333, 1.27M)

>your line of thinking
>a random frenchman decides what private developers choose to build
Are you underage or something?

Attached: 6pay97bzmpj01.jpg (1920x1541, 126K)

I should start my own construction company that builds Plaza's in the US where everyone can chill, like in Italy.

Do you think I'd be rich?

Do you know what you are talking about? Housing is expensive in in Paris.

>putting words in my mouth
opinion discarded

you'd be dead broke i never see any younger than 40 go outside regularly

But all commieblockss are temporary to a degree. The only thing you're doing is creating more ghettos

they should rebuild all that crap and make it more modern like downtown chicago for example.

People like having affordable housing, you spastic retard.

so why is there no middle ground?
you either have haussmann tier buildings which probably makes up for its own cost in tourism money (not sure but it wouldn't hurt) or literal slum commie blocks? where is the middle ground?
even buildings in this pic on the left would do alright because you could at least add ornamentation later on when you come across funds

Attached: france old and new building comparison.jpg (1024x539, 125K)

ghettos are formed due to many other factors.

is this neuschwanstein? did a report on this guy in like 7th grade. based.

and saint german rent was dirt cheap in the mid 20th century

What's your issue with "commieblocks"?

disney tier

yeah thats the one, says it in the filename

>Be city
>Need more flats for citizens
>Build commie blocks
>No o e was talking to live in them
>Prices drop drastically and poor people move in
>With poor people comes crime

There is. It's called 'New Urbanism' and it's based.

why is it trashy?
and don't say because its 'fake' or 'it copies old buildings'

mcmansions are trashy

Attached: 1200px-Neuschwanstein_Castle_from_Marienbrücke,_2011_May.jpg (1200x800, 291K)

commieblocks ruined humanity

youngsters do too. to shoot up plazas.

new urbanism is alright but it still relies too heavily on cars to get to places that have new urbanism
not enough public transport use imo

Its called functionalism

wow bro whats the matter you don't like commieblocks? whats wrong with you bro?

Attached: commieblock.jpg (960x490, 672K)

this is the american version (inspired by it)
grand castle apartments in michigan

Attached: 717474031_1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 154K)

now THIS is disneyland

>your line of thinking has turned many parts of paris into muslim ghetto shitholes, pull your head out of your ass pierre

Yup. Exactly what i thought. You know nothing about Paris and the people who actually LIVE here and mistake with the people who hang around the town. Kys already.

>so why is there no middle ground?
Who the fuck told you that? You're literally arguing against some retarded strawman in your head. Most new buildings here are neither baroque palaces nor "commieblock slums". At worst they're just boring.

Attached: Troger-OK-2_15_700pixel.jpg (683x700, 362K)

these are ok
destroy all commieblocks though

It's literally a 19th century McMansion.

It's basically its century's version of that clock tower in Mecca.

An ugly airport can perform the same function than a beautiful airport. The goal of housing development is to give house to many people, those houses need to be built fast and need to be cheap. We can build many Baroque style houses, but those will be built slower and will be more expensive.

f*ck new urbanism

McCastle*

>destroy all commieblocks though
There's supply and demand, you fucking poledditor. Cheap housing is in high demand. The last thing people without a roof over their head care about is some bogan philistine's childish worldview.

Attached: 1521546439063.jpg (360x360, 17K)

>An ugly airport can perform the same function than a beautiful airport
only if its finished

Yes, it's a very big and expensive McMansion.

They're temporary of course, people need houses fast and then can move to a better area if their financial situation improves. Ghettos are an economical phenomena, if you move poor and violent people to a neighbourhood full of pretty houses then that area will be a ghetto eventualy.

>german acts like a robot
imagine my surprise

You won't understand until you actually visit. From the outside it's clearly fake. Inside, though, there are some top tier rooms.

>imbecile has no actual arguments
No imagination needed ITT.

i don't know what that shit is. that looks like something a gypsy king would build for himself as he'd imagine disneyland should look like. looks very budget and super ugly.

Nobody is saying commieblocks are nice, most agree that they're horrible. But they're functional and utilitarian.
Of course we need to develop a economical, functional, sustainable and aesthetic architecture but not Haussman style buildings.

>kistch
Fuck off. All art is the sentimentalism of romantic elites until the 20th century, at which point it became the sentimentalism of disassociated and angry elites. Anyone who uses the word kistch instantly outs themselves as a pseud of the highest order.

>why is it trashy?
Contemporary pretentious fucks are most offended by the pretentiousness of the pretentious fucks of yesterday.

>Anyone who uses the word kistch instantly outs themselves as a pseud of the highest order.

Attached: ms.jpg (174x183, 14K)

>all these triggrered tradcucks
yikes

> Anyone who uses the word kistch
nobody uses the word kistch

Yes, you fucking idiot, because Paris has some of the highest housing prices in the world. Everybody wants to live there, nobody can afford to live there.

Also "commieblock" is a buzzword. Use words that actually mean something.

Just calling things buzzwords isn't an argument nor makes it one.

>"not an argument" isn't an argument so there!
Brainlet

theres supply and demand in my country too genius, and all the developers do is either build big luxury towers or shitty detached houses
neither are cheap
so what the fuck am i supposed to do about 'cheap housing'?

Wtf are you even talking about? Why do you have a hard on for shitty city planning that goes obsolete every other decade?

You only say that because you live in America: the land of the kitsch.

Attached: images (86).jpg (678x452, 56K)

It's trashy because it's an afunctional misproportioned blob that defies any architectural principles employed in actual castles, i.e. it's a McMansion by definition. A Disney fairy tale castle as imagined by an autistic royal poofter. A good counterexample would be the Hohenschwangau castle just a mile away from it that is both appealing and built as a proper fortress. But you wouldn't understand that of course, because you're tasteless flyover retard that thinks anything slightly old is based and tradpilled and goes full soy-mouth at the sight of a fucking Venetian window.

that looks objectively awesome for a vegas hotel
unless you don't know what vegas is about and expect real fucking pyramids
thats retarded

Yes, because providing housing for those who demand it is shitty city planning. Do you know what good city planning is? Turning a city into a museum, unchanging and unable to meet the growing demand for residences. Because why live in a city? Clearly cities are just for boasting about on a Namibian slam poetry platform.

he's totally right though
art was all about sentiment and emotion until jews got their hands on it, then art totally collapsed into a void of nothingness

You don't need to build commie blocks to for that! The world is t black and white! There's tonnes of better planning options! Commieblocks are just shitty planning.
Look at my pic. This is how you expand a city both in the short and long run.

Attached: Screenshot_20190315-023426__01.jpg (1080x1725, 897K)

>because Paris has some of the highest housing prices in the world
maybe they shouldn't import so many fucking useless niggers then

What? It’s your argument that we should build classy ornamental buildings at the expense of people doing your pic related. Since the business will have a harder time maintaining the profit margin that shit will happen in much greater scale. Too retarded to see the evident? Literal kangaroo brain.

I have no idea. This has also nothing to do with the topic at hand.

>Since the business will have a harder time maintaining the profit margin that shit will happen in much greater scale
the businesses that create the buildings or work in the buildings? i simply don't believe that buildings that are actually nice to look at have to cost an arm and a leg with the amount of progress made in mass manufacturing we have made since the haussmann era
but maybe you're right, maybe everybody is too self absorbed and corrupt to attempt to achieve something bigger than themselves, but none of us will live to see it anyway since europe will apparently be in civil war mode by 2040

>building a lot of cheap housing is corrupt and self-absorbed
Literally sub 20 IQ.

i see the russian blood flows strongly through veins
don't you have a soviet war memorial in berlin to be looking at?

I mean the construction business.
>i simply don't believe that buildings that are actually nice to look at have to cost an arm and a leg with the amount of progress made in mass manufacturing we have made since the haussmann era
Well absoutely, they have to. Why do you think only nobles could afford to live in these buildings back in time. Do you know what types of buildings common people inhabited then?