Any other Canadians here going to take advantage of the OSAP changes? God bless the liberal government

Any other Canadians here going to take advantage of the OSAP changes? God bless the liberal government.

Attached: osaplogo_en.png (639x313, 28K)

I have an OSAP loan that started in 2010. Any changes for me?

I don't think so, they are giving way more grants for everyone now though.

Bump.

Please respond.

Finished chemical engineering recently.

OSAP gave me $50K CAD total over my program, and I only owe $29K.
The balance was in grants, ect.

Would be smarter to try and work through school so you don’t have this debt, although it is difficult.

Paying a monthly payment now.

Wow that's pretty good. Were you a mature student?

I didn't go to university after highschool but will be going soon and it seems like I'm going to get a lot of grants based on being an "independent" student. Only thing I'm worried about is that I have money in my TFSA.

You will be fine, if your independent you can probably get most of the tuition you owe paid each term.

The flip side is you will owe more in the end.

Not sure what you meant by mature, I had my fun but used my OSAP money only towards my tuition. I went to Waterloo so I had 6 4-month internships at all different companies, I used that money for myself and to pay off the balance tuition osap didn’t pay.

Beauty is that I got back alll my taxes during tax season cause I also pay tuition for each of those internships.

"Mature student" means you are out of highschool for at least four years. Then your parents income isn't used in consideration for osap.

I ran the calculator and unless it's some sort of error even if you have half a million dollars in assets for some reason you still get massive grants as they consider your income but not assets. Apparently it says ill get $6.5k grants each year for studying a $10k tuition business program.

better take advantage of it while you can poorfags, dougeys stopping the gravy train left and right.

Attached: 1528427109710.jpg (640x398, 83K)

Ah yes he did so well with the Hydro One CEO already. Merely a ten million dollar package.

doesn't mean he's not going to axe the fuck out of education. stay poor gender studies majors.

That would be a terrible thing to do and would ruin future elections for conservatives

young people dont vote.

and they especially don't vote conservative. nothing of significance will be lost by not subsidizing degree mills for foreigners anymore.

Attached: 1520790569160.jpg (300x397, 14K)

Yeah exactly once the boomers die off for good no one will ever vote conservative again

Bump

Bump need advice

Hello?

What the fuck do you want?

Once they get old they'll vote Conservative you idiot.

Liberal party in Ontario is finished for good.

Advice

Do it, I would also recommend putting whatever you have left in an investment. That way you can pay some or most/ all your debt at the end of the 4 years of schooling. I would also highly recommend going for coop/ internship or else you'll get rekt finding a job when you are done.

What are you planning on studying user?

fuck you inbred. suck my ass and buy more cnn

If you vote conservative in your 20s you have no heart
If you vote liberal in your 30s you have no brain.

Problem is you need to report your assets which may give lower grants.

And i want to study Software engineering or business administration specializing in finance or accounting.

Hello?

I am screwed.

Whats wrong?

If you go the eng route, I would recommend going in forr data analyst or data sceintist, those jobs are in high demand and pay well. You have to be really good with stats. for business, Finance (analyst) or accounting is a good pick. Get an internship for both or you get rekt by competition.

Yes I'll prioritize co-op and internships over everything. If I can't get one i don't know what ill do.

Any other tips if I go for business?

what is osap and why should I care

OSAP = student loans for Canadians lel. After the recent reworks, you get more grants and pay less loans if you make under a certain amount (60k/ year or something)

Network well, even if you are shy. Go to your university work conventions as that will also help you land a coop/ internship for the following summer. I know the big banks like to show up to do this (CIBC, TD, Scotia, RBC..etc)

Okay and do you have any experience with osap as an older student?

I'm worried I may need to "hide" my assets but it seems there's a loophole since it says report money in your savings account, TFSA, etc but not chequing account explicitly. May need to sell off my portfolio and withdraw it.

Yeah, been out of HS for like 5/6 years and they gave me more gibs. That's about it. For assets, I would look into it a bit more. Good luck user.

I've been looking into it as much as I can. Issue is their calculator seems to not take them into account, try $1million in assets you still get mad grants. But im worried ill submit my real info then they have it on file and deny me.

Last bump

I've been on soap for years. What are the changes?