Living in a Van

>be me
>buy a dodge caravan
>mod the fuck out of it with solar panels, batteries, insulation, memory foam mattress, wifi extender etc so it's really nice and comfy
>live in my van
>buy a small house and rent out the house for a small profit while they pay your mortgage

How is this not a bulletproof awesome idea to not have to wagecuck eventually and retire early?

Attached: Married-Couple-Lives-Travels-Van.jpg (1024x683, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UaQ0NL7MrcA
amazon.com/Camco-57331-Olympian-Wave-3-Catalytic/dp/B000BUV1RK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1512402389&sr=8-1&keywords=olympian wave 3&linkCode=sl1&tag=cheaprvliving-20&linkId=e417ba4852d2e67974f823cd6631bf55
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I sleep in my car in Florida holy fuck it's hot at night

I put my Mr. Shekelstein's rent extortion into crypto and savings instead

>dyed hair
nope

ive considered doing this, but i hate that you really arent alowed to ark anywhere at night in sleep. if you park ina parking lot, or a walmart, or at a park, shopping center, you WILL have cops oro security guards knocking on your window hassling your ass. it sucks. where the fuck are you supposed park so you can sleep?

Where do you take a dump?

dirty socks

no thanks

yea where do you park ?

gym

don't buy a van, they're too obvious.
check out this guy, he has a toyota truck he sleeps in the back youtu.be/UaQ0NL7MrcA

you want to be incognito as possible

Attached: 001.jpg (500x375, 50K)

I poop way too much to be able to van life

This can easily be avoided by putting a budwiser or pepsi magnet on your van. Merchandisers work overnights at walmart and always have people working there overnight.

This can't be worked around except for a portable toilet.

Jesus christ i cant think of a more miserable thing than living out of a car in fucking florida

Lots of anti goy laws in place restricting where you can stay

cover your windows and crack one so that you dont fog the van. No one will know, you have to be stealthy.

Park on any old neighborhood street thats inconspicuous

>This can't be worked around except for a portable toilet.
Ooh, the stench.

Personal toilet = personal necessity.

OP here.

I forgot to mention you can have air conditioning by making an evaporative ice cooler attached to a fan. It works quite well.

Also for heating there is this:
amazon.com/Camco-57331-Olympian-Wave-3-Catalytic/dp/B000BUV1RK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1512402389&sr=8-1&keywords=olympian wave 3&linkCode=sl1&tag=cheaprvliving-20&linkId=e417ba4852d2e67974f823cd6631bf55

I literally drip sweat at night sometimes

I'm beginning to reach my limit of how much longer I can do this honestly, but I have goals I am aiming for and I'm not getting any younger

You could actually just get a good job and/or learn to trade actively from home.
Living in a van like some sort of hippie is just retarded.

you don't need to reply to every single person in the thread user, there's only 15 posts

how much have you put into crypto?

sounds like hell, honestly.
>no cooking, unless you drive somewhere inconspicuous and open the doors
>no pooping unless you drive to the gym
>no shower unless you drive
>peeing on pavement
>no desktop
>constant fear of the cops
god forbid you ever get a case of the shits

You seem to have narrowed down where you can't sleep - now sleep somewhere you can. Noones going to bother you on a residential street unless you are causing problems.

Not to mention the toll it’ll take on your dating life. You would really have to design it amazing for a girl to be turned on.

Land tax, repairs, potential dodgy tenants, income tax as rent as main income or CGT. Might not be a good idea as you think unless you live under the house floorboards and go up at night to steal food and steal Wi-Fi. Now that's a good idea. Think there was some thread on /b about some crumb who did that for a few years

>$1500 just the past week, new to crypto
>bought about $2000 in tools/power tools/equipment
>another $1000 on computer stuff
>$1000 on my car and maintenance I've been putting off
>$800 on clothes, new shoes, and a suit
>$500 in bills I'd been delaying thanks to exorbitant rent
>$200 in domains, SSL, etc

I have a few more things on my list. I could realistically do this for another year but not sure if it's worth it.

I'm voluntarily celibate at the moment. Well I guess to a certain degree. Nobody really CHOOSES to sleep in their car. I mean if you were a billionaire, you're not going to sleep in your car. But for the average man dealing with average life problems, I would say I've made it a choice.

why the fuck? I live in Miami and walking outside in July/August is like walking through a swimming pool of boiling water

>How is this not a bulletproof awesome idea to not have to wagecuck eventually and retire early?

parking is a bitch and even overnight-friendly businesses will send you on your way if they find that you're not an overnighter but living out of your car/van
you save a massive amount of money on rent, but food is significantly more expensive unless you're cold oatmeal and canned stuff
needed proximity to a gym with a shower
the more you mod your van the more attention you draw
speaking from personal experience you actually lose a great deal of freedom rather than gain it, as you sacrifice personal freedom in order to be rid of the monetary pressures from renting, leasing,
in order to get the best of both worlds it would be great to live in your vehicle, but have access to electricity, rent, and sewage for a relatively small fee...which means that you're now talking about a trailer park which are in fact very economical to live

what do you eat though? do you have a stove?

peeing
>at work
>at gym
>at gas station
>at park restroom
>at any place you buy food

same for pooping really, just plan ahead

I eat out (not sit-down). Try to eat as healthy as possible. Usually the grocery store has to-go or lunch meals that are pretty cheap and moderately healthy.

Not him but I imagine it wouldn't be too hard as long as you have electricity. Even if you don't you could just stick to camp shit like beans and franks or something.

microwave?
my grocery has a soup/salad bar that's decently priced and healthy.
but i just imagine eating out every day is about $300-$600 a month which cuts into the savings a lot

how do you know this? I beg to differ (currently living in a sprinter)
>you want to be incognito as possible
that is super autistic. if anyone bothers you just say you will move along. this is actually pretty mainstream now.
maxxfan
solar shower, propane stove
kek I remember that thread, he posted pictures from his lair (iirc a TV, rug and piss bottles)

I can tell you don't actually have a job, which makes you an actual bum.

It's easy to have a solar shower when you're going to national parks and such. You can't really whip out a solar shower in the middle of a major metropolitan area. My advice is for anons who want to wage cuck and maximize their savings so they can transition into other projects and such.

worst standards than a Venezuelan

same shit as japan

sleep in a coffin why dont you

my goodness what happened to this country

inmates in prison would laugh at this idea

world is full of amazing places and you choose a van

6 months sell everything and leave

just no life in a van

why lie to yourself

drive far away and sell it all

wwyd if crypto failed

just saying this in no way should be your back up plan

thanks for the post

love the van

not to live in

just

boomers happened to this country

software dev. i still work for the same company.. just remotely. when i lived in an apartment i was always super depressed and could barely get myself out of bed. now i wake up to the ocean at 6am. why are you so butthurt over my life choices??

youtube full of those miniwan vlog hippie channels getting 10 million views. yeeeah.h.. i think we are heading to another great depression or we are at it already. this does not look good at all, there were no videos of lifestyle like this before

Attached: natalieportmanleon1.jpg (620x466, 60K)

something about a housing bubble and student loan interest

You should just do what I’m doing. Live with a relative or friend for minimum cost and acquire wealth. A couple more years and I’ll own my own franchise location and will also be on my way towards buying a tiny house.

I can guarantee most peoples interest in it is driven by novelty rather than legitimate poverty.

Most of the stuff about living in a van, like using a camping toilet, dealing with the heat/cold, finding a place to park at night, and showering at truck stops and gyms can be worked around. The thing that you can’t fix is safety: you are much more likely to get robbed or assaulted in a van at night. Also, this is only fun for a few weeks or months. The lack of modern conveniences get old quick, plus if you work a decent white collar job you will be looked down on and suffer for it.

either people are doing it, or hating on it. i'm scared at how popular it is getting. this will be ruined within a few years due to retards throwing their human waste in parking lots. hopefully by then we will have our houses rented out.

Another good option is to get a membership at a gym with multiple locations in your area. Use them to do your bathing as well as getting some exercise.

as I said earlier in this thread. no one lives in a van full time by choice. if you were a billionaire, you could just rent hotels wherever you went and be perfectly fine. living out of a van is not really a choice if you think about it.

don't tell people, are you retarded?

rent is too expensive. people would rather live in a van than spend their entire paycheck on rent/mortgage. it's just not worth it.

Kek. Spoiled trust fund boomer hipsters have made “downsizing” chic. The hilarious thing is how they overpay to be hobos: like buying a specific old VW van for 4-10c what other makes cost or spending over $150k on “tiny houses” that depreciate in value and are just glorified versions of campers/single wide trailers they could buy for 25% of that cost. It’s a decadent and stupid version of conspicuous consumption, except instead of showing how much they can buy with their money they’d rather how how much they can overpay for things.

Here’s the tiny house I’m going to buy, it’s only $50,000 fully furnished.

Attached: 59151D6F-4E42-4C7C-AECF-EE95E94403E4.jpg (4032x3024, 2.78M)

Pic of the inside..

Attached: 809D340F-8B66-4D9B-9C66-F1AEA0410E58.jpg (4032x3024, 1.7M)

holy fuck way to play into the NWO's plans by purchasing that overpriced tool shed

holy fuck you are retarded

I live outside a 24 hour gym. Its right next to a hotel...I park on the side of the gym and sometimes in the parking lot of the hotel. I work the night shift at another hotel about 6 miles away.

>11pm-7am
Work
>7am-12pm
Sleep in car. Usually the heat wakes me up, I live in TX
>12pm-2pm
Work out at gym, shit, shower etc.
>2p-10pm
Hop around free Wi-Fi spots. Usually starbucks, panera, library
>11pm
Go to work

What sucks is my off days if you can believe that. Im kinda sad guys. Good on you OP, Im hoping crypto saves my wretched fucking soul. Im too much of a coward to suicide

Attached: 1531629220467.jpg (590x394, 43K)

This is unironically my life goal. There are multiple shops out here in CO that specialize in doing this, for around 100k you can get a brand new van with insulation, storage, bed, water filtration system, toilet/shower with sewage disposal system, air conditioning, gps, satellite internet, and an amazing entertainment system. If you already have the computer you're all set. I plan on buying a slighly older van for a lot cheaper to take out most of the costs and i probably don't need the gps with google maps. and i have my own bed i can throw in the back. look it up:
vanlifecustoms.c o m

a real van idiot not just a car

you're allowed to park in walmart parking lots for as long as you like, its one of their policies. also get a planet fitness membership and you have access to a parking lot, bathroom, and gym.

either the bathroom you get, or a gym

really, check out the website above

Here is the optimal van life
>put good money into van (~50k)
>drive around country between walmarts/gyms
>live cheap
>trade crypto
>get Jow Forums
>play vidya
>explore entirety of continent
>dont wage cuck

a few things you'll need
>initial investment
>planet fitness membership especially if you dont get the toilet
>xfinity account for wifi if you don't get your own connection
>a list of places you want to go

i can't think of an obtainable life that sounds better than this.

Attached: Colorado.jpg (648x432, 11K)

4 axles is tiny? The hell are you going to be pulling this thing with?

>that is super autistic

>wanting to not be woken up and have to move is super autistic

Not even memeing when I say you can build a similar size home out of cinder blocks for $12k. It would last longer that your tiny house too. Only thing you're giving up is mobility.

Tiny homes are only useful if you live in a regulation environment that makes it difficult to build a new home.

>spending 100k on a van
>not just buying land

the whole point of sleeping in a car/van is to save money for other avenues, not shackle yourself as a nomadic debt slave to an overpriced camper you banker kike

>$100k for a fucking van
wtf how about you put down payments on 5+ single family rental properties or tuck it all into an index fund lmao

I used to own a ford explorer and I always thought it would be fun to put a mattress in the back and take naps at school.

i hope your wildest dreams come true

fucking hipsters today actually consider CHOOSING to live in a fucking van

Or just put a down payment on one multi-family rental property and live in one unit while you rent the others out to pay the mortgage and turn a profit.

That’s exactly my problem. It needs to be classed like a mobile home.

>"hey stacey babe, did you put on the parking break"
>"i just turned it off chad"
>"but no parking break? cause we are on an incline and..."
>"FUCK CHAD I TOLD YOU ITS FINE"
>van starts rolling
>"FUCK STACEY I TOLD YOU THE PARKING BREAK!"
>"ITS NOT MY FAULT I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT A STUPID PARKING BREAK IS DONT YELL AT ME!"
>van rolls off cliff
the real loser here is me for writing that out

pic related, USA in 20 years

Attached: o-SHANTY-facebook.jpg (2000x1000, 484K)

why don't you migrate with the season

It’s not meant to be constantly on the move. At first I’m going to move it out to some land my dad owns. Outside city limits with a connection to power, cable for internet and a septic system. Then, after a while of more wealth accumulation I can sell it and buy a proper house on foundation.

>woman-hating neet
yikes

>evaporative Ice cooler

I did this last year when my power was out after the hurricane and it did not fucking work at all.

Nice.
Keked and checked.

BIG IRON ON HIS HIP

just lol @ anyone not just buying a used RV. vanliving is another millennial consumerist meme.

Attached: 7557606_30[1].jpg (800x600, 208K)

Down by the river?

i have yet to be bothered once. there is unironically some sort of pickup truck/bigfoot combo (along with his boat on a trailer) at the local walmart that has not moved for three months straight. if he spends a dollar a day there, can they make him leave?

Was waiting for this. Thank you user.

Then shit in a bush or the ditch

>36% of people18-34 live at home with their parents (currently the most popular choice)
>80% are in debt (available to everyone)
>i dont have statistics for stacy and jamal living off the state
but keep hating on those of us living in a fucking vehicle to save money or even get the smallest taste of an escape from wageslavery. i pay my taxes and my medical expenses.

Makes sense user

>jamal living off the state
just think not only the blacks on welfare, but how much they cost in prison, county jail, the cost to police their "communities", their drain on healthcare system (biggest demographic for diabetes and heart disease and obesity), the number of useless government positions they hold, the number of useless military positions they hold, etc.

they cost a lot more than just welfare and food stamps

its perhaps better to buy a hybrid vehicle because the batteries on it acts like a generator.

What's the worse that could happen with your idea? You park somewhere "safe" with the air on on then die from Carbon Monoxide poisoning in your sleep or you get brutally raped by niggers

>not mentioning the cost of keeping in schools with people that can actually learn shit and the free lunches they get there

Attached: MattFoleyMotivationalSpeaker.gif~c200.gif (200x200, 678K)

vanlife = freedom to move and save money. This actually makes sense.

>that 30 yr old boomer who makes chris farley references

You can tunnel into a hillside, line the walls with cement and make a comfy bunker/hobbit hole for about 3k or so of materials (and a lot of digging).

Why isn't that bitch naked with a dick in her mouth? That guy must be a huge faggot.

Attached: roper.jpg (309x200, 49K)

Based.

Obese fags spotted. Only people who complain about heat in Florida are women and fat fucks. Zero exceptions.

The buying a house and renting it or for profit thing is the best idea.

You make so much money.

florida is the last place in the US I would want to spend summer.... and I live in az

I literally built a building in my backyard a year ago (12x20 with 9' ceilings) for about 10k. Finished it out like a house to residential codes. Ive actually thought about building these things to sell for profit. If i was going full time i could probably build 3 or 4 of these shitboxes a year.

You should do it and sell them for 4x. Turn it into a business.

Lol fuck off. Im fit and that humidy is a fucking bitch bro. Granted it doesnt stop me from going to the keys to spend my boomer millions its still hot as balls

Looks comfy. My home state of New Mexico already looks like this anyway lol

I just cant understand why someone would buy these things when they can get a used mobile home for the sa me price