Saving

After all expenses and taxes, I have about $1000-$1500 left over.

How should I save or invest this? Preferably non-crypto answers would be good.

Attached: make-money.png (600x400, 227K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bogleheads.org/wiki/Three-fund_portfolio
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Buy shares from a rope company

Silver coins

Save until you have enough to live on for 4-6 months then invest everything after that.

Invest in what?

Depends on what your current savings looks like. You got 1 month living expenses saved in the bank? 3 month? 6 months? $1000 - $15000 isn't a lot....if you don't have an emergency buffer already in place then it would be stupid to try and invest this elsewhere. Just hodl fren.

Buy items on Alibaba in bulk and sell them on Ebay at a premium.

kek....if you act like a pajeet and you'll find yourself competing with a billion other pajeets over a few rupees. This is not how you make money.

Well I don't see how you can make money with just $1000. I'd suggest crypto but hes not interested.

>preferably non-crypto answers
>year 2018

kys

Just put them in passive index ETFs and don’t trade. Also, don’t waste too much time on your investments when you hav this little. Your time is better spent working.

Do something with it. $1k is a pretty decent starting point if you want to make a little trading, any amount is obviously good to hold. If you think crypto is too risky, look into an online bank or some sort of low cost CD. Anything else would probably require too high of an investment.

I'm just putting all of my spare cash into the Vanguard 500 even though it's doing like shit these days.

That’s the smart thing to do.

Bridging loans

Leave it to compound for a year then see if anything better is available.

Traps

How about P2P loans? They are popular in Europe and offer decent return.

They are also popular with brainlets who don’t understand how risky they are if we get a recession.

expensive high end shisha tobaco

bogleheads.org/wiki/Three-fund_portfolio

Eh, I'm torn. It's pretty motionless these days. Got some dividends but it's small. I'm going to keep plowing my cash into it, though, because there really isn't anything else and I have enough cashflow.

what are you talking about? the S&P did amazing this past year

4% year-to-date and we're over halfway through. It's not terrible but that's under 8% amortized.

it's up 20% over the past 12 months. did you just start investing this past January?

Suppose something expensive breaks or something and it is not covered by any insurance.
>washing machine
>laptop
Save as much money as you need to pay for those things and invest everything else.
>funeral

Well my tax-deferred stuff has been in for awhile, but I just opened up my standard brokerage account in the new year.

>funeral plans

are you stupid? they are all scams, you'll be dead and wont give a fuck.

>30% yoy capital appreciation
>it's doing like shit these days guys
only if you compare it to crypto