Why do yuros like to glorify the American south?

Why do yuros like to glorify the American south?
Just look at these comments
youtu.be/5OKdbc0DYpM

Attached: IMG_1230.jpg (250x174, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5gT5NULvRSk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lots of Europeans don't know about its history and just conflate it with romanticized notions of the wild west and stuff they deem to be quintessentially American.

it baffles me why southerners brag about hospitality, being nice good christians and having morals and shit.

i have literally lived in every cultural region in north america including rural as fuck northern quebec where the towns are 400 years old and looks like it.

southerners are easily the most a) ignorant and backwards people b) have literally 0 understanding of the world c) have the absolute most social problems d) have the most fake manners with the biggest sense of entitlement, they will act super self-righteous and polite while expecting you to appreciate them.

other places people are nice, decent and polite out of instinct. and most aren't as stuck up, moronic and isolated as them.

wild west is texas and nevada and shit; and the vast majority weren't "cowboys". they meme it but most were just oil workers. southerners were just known for growing cotton. and having massive obesity problems.

i am honestly convinced every negative stereotype about america comes from the south and midwest.

It happens with a lot of stuff.

Very true, I wonder if they can ever be fixed. Perhaps it's time for Reconstruction II

There is no difference between an American and an American here.

Regardless if you are from Oregon, Ohio or California, or if you are white, mexican or black, to us you are all Texans.

>wild west
>the south
europeans cannot be this dumb

Attached: 1547180337670.jpg (558x614, 18K)

>There is no difference between an American and an American here.
alright fine
>Regardless if you are from Oregon, Ohio or California
yeah sure that's agreeable
>or if you are white, mexican or black
getting a little shaky here but whatever
>to us you are all Texans.
fuck you

oh boy, you have no idea

Why did you have to get that image stuck in your heads?

It speaks the most to our imagination, I guess.

its the only part of America that has soul

Do Euros know about New England?

Attached: 312321321.png (606x886, 1.16M)

You see they used to have these cowboy shows and in some countries it sparked a whole new literary and film genre produced in their local languages by people that have never spent a single day in the US

Of course not.

Attached: 1547366127115.jpg (456x810, 27K)

Probably for the same reasons the south still glorifies the confederacy. The spirit of rebellion, fighting against greater odds, defending your family from tyrannical incursion, etc...

WELL I WISH I WAS IN THE LAND OF COTTON

Attached: 1547615156337.png (657x1145, 135K)

there's like 5 europeans in that comment section out of dozens of comments
christ what a faggot you are

our prototypical weird american is southern californias with their "dude brah" and relaxing way going about life.

nobody idolizes the dumb image that bush and others play up about being tough guys from rural areas. everyone knows its a weird fantasy and most despise the sorta people who play into it.

Attached: Exclusive-Follow-Up-Interview-with-Southern-California-Street-Artist-BERT_1600x.jpg (1600x800, 116K)

>spirit of rebellion
so being a traitor
>fighting against greater odds
being a loser
>defending your family for tyrannical incursion
I didn't know you considered your slaves to be your family

so basically you see us the way we see australians

interesting

It's a bit like all those Americans who think Europe is London and Paris.

While forgetting places like Rome, Athens, Venice, Vienna, Prague, Amsterdam and so on exist.

Maybe because it's the only part where culture exists.

Don't get upset. I was just explaining why perhaps Europeans have a fetish for the American south and not boring yankee pussies.

I fucking hate y*nks
honestly every Lincolnite deserves a rifle round in the skull and God bless the South

Attached: Lee's revenge.png (992x704, 334K)

>>spirit of rebellion
>so being a traitor
well that's rich coming from America

Attached: meme redcoat.jpg (678x900, 96K)

>Wild West
>The South

Attached: 11165828_10153217468543794_2114031225_n.jpg (500x383, 35K)

We won

I guess this makes sense. The south is the poorest and stupidest part of the US, filled with brown people, just as Portugal is to Europe

>North - East - South - West
You're all Yankees

Which region had the most decent people based on your experiences?

a victorious traitor is still a traitor

They realize the increasing grasp the big government has over the local government and can relate to it.

Attached: 1490461889510.png (386x395, 159K)

"Elsewhere in the United States, it largely refers to people from the Northeastern states, but especially those with New England cultural ties, such as descendants of colonial New England settlers, wherever they live.[1] Its sense is sometimes more cultural than geographical, emphasizing the Calvinist Puritan Christian beliefs and traditions of the Congregationalists who brought their culture when they settled outside New England. The speech dialect of Eastern New England English is called "Yankee" or "Yankee dialect".

But especially us

A traitor may be a traitor regardless but his act is a 'revolution' if he won and a 'rebellion' or 'riot' if he lost.

The south uses more welfare and government hand outs than anywhere else in the country.

Attached: 1489284495866.png (600x508, 397K)

>England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland
you're all english

We've been telling the Celts that for 300 years.

Attached: TootTootPlayingMySaxonPhone.jpg (124x124, 3K)

Then vs now retard.

>The south uses more welfare and government hand outs than anywhere else in the country.
Do you think this is in any way related to that?

Attached: blackpopulation_uscensus.jpg (800x483, 67K)

They brought them there. Southern and Appalachian whites are the blacks of the whites though

Nice try but White Southerners are dumber and use more welfare than Whites anywhere else in the country too.

Would like to know your sources

>forgetting Rome exists
come on now

I live in the western US and we aren't Yankee or Dixie. My state wasn't even founded during the civil war and the culture here was still in it's infancy. Much like the rest of the west, the area was filled with war criminals, rebels. and settlers that came from the east but imagine dense forest instead of desert

yes except we don't call you stupid for not knowing things about the US, it's just assumed. You're all a bunch of dicks

Sadly this is kinda true

>i am honestly convinced every negative stereotype about america comes from the south and midwest.
Most negative stereotypes I have of Americans are from the coastal cities desu. LA and NY in particular.

>Implying reconstruction was successful in the first
>implying failed reconstruction isn't part and parcel of why the south is the way it is
>Texas and Florida didn't go through as much "reconstruction" and are better off states as a result

Yeah, that's why it's going to be a better reconstruction

Reconstruction failed because Southerners resisted.

Didn't even look at the comments, but I can tell you it's because only autistic as fuck stormfags with no historical context would be listening to confederate music on youtube.

They are just internet edgelords. To the extent a typical European idolizes America it is places like New York and Miami and LA and SF.

youtu.be/5gT5NULvRSk

they're racist

/thread
fuck niggers

Because they haven't read William Faulkner, he makes it sound like the most miserable place on earth