So I went ketogenic and although I've only lost a little bit of weight, my energy levels went through the fuckin roof

So I went ketogenic and although I've only lost a little bit of weight, my energy levels went through the fuckin roof.

Why would anyone follow a different diet?

Attached: 2gwuu6d.jpg (640x480, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

circ.ahajournals.org/content/circulationaha/108/22/2757.full.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172426
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23083789
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/
youtube.com/watch?v=VnYeuES3joc
mercyforanimals.org/heres-why-the-usda-refuses-to-label-eggs
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23852511
healthline.com/nutrition/dietary-cholesterol-does-not-matter
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Business & Finance

i noticed the same. I can go all day on just eggs and bacon from breakfast. if i eat carbs im done before lunch

keto is death. bacon and cheese is death. how can anyone advocate this aids diet

Wrong board but wtf do you eat and what's your skin color?

How is it death if it causes you to have perfect bloodwork?

the only reason this diet would make you feel like you have more energy is because your previous diet was so shit that you probably never ate any real foods until now. The only benefit of keto is that you will likely have a more sustained feeling of energy rather than in waves from a normal diet.

user can only afford low quality meats

>what is cholesterol

Lol whoops

>what is healthy cholesterol

>energy levels through the roof on keto.
Why are you lying user. Islts physiologically imp.

step it up with periodic 3 day and 1 day fasts...4 hour eating window for the rest and eat nothing inflammatory.

x3 a week 20 minute 180bpm interval cardio and HI lifting x4 a week.

Then make sure you have spiritual community and are taking concrete steps towards a larger, fulfilling goal that contributes to the well being of your fellow man.

>eating cholesterol raises your actual cholesterol levels
lol

Dietary cholesterol does not affect blood cholesterol. Actually it’s too much fructose or HFCS

not death but it's not healthy either

>doesn't know that your body is able to switch from using carbs as fuel to using fat as fuel
>doesn't know there is such a thing as essential fats

I just started as well. This shit is fucking awesome, I feel great, not as snackish through the day, and Its basically a meat diet. Burger on a lettuce wrap is so delicious. What have you been eating? I'll need more recipes besides eggs, hamburger, veggies, and my usual soon enough. Carbs are everywhere can't even do milk really.

beyond hopeless. holy fuck.

release yourselves from sugar and dairy and you will never have to worry about weight again.

I eat cauliflower rice and I made pizza using cauliflower crust, shit was so cash

>doesn't know how the body processes food

Attached: 1530243450266.jpg (541x800, 67K)

alright bucko, you're asking for it
circ.ahajournals.org/content/circulationaha/108/22/2757.full.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172426
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23083789
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/

keto is a meme diet produced by industries to try and get you to eat more garbage. it is also promoted by health "professionals" who want to sell you more medication.
>muh bacon, muh cheese, muh health

>imagine unironically thinking this about nutrition in 2018
wew, lad

a myth
youtube.com/watch?v=VnYeuES3joc

>cites a youtube video
>doesn't study health science

lol this faggot still goes by a food pyramid made by kellogs i bet LOOLLOLOLOLOLOOL

>circ.ahajournals.org/content/circulationaha/108/22/2757.full.pdf
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172426
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23083789
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/
jesus, user. get some new material. also, dairy is bad, that is true.

good science doesn't age
meat, eggs, and dairy are on it so no

Yup also ate cauliflower crust pizza, so. good.

>(((health science studies)))
like the ones in the 90's that said all fat is bad for you. or when they said salt raises blood pressure, but now they say it lowers it

I absolutely love keto.

I did a keto cut for a bout 6 months. I went from 22.5% bf to 11.9%. I lost 3 lbs of muscle in that time... quite incredible. I also feel 100x better on keto than I ever did when I ate carbs.

I've now switched to a cyclic keto diet. This allows me a cheat meal or two on the weekends. Keto is great, however it isn't really a social diet so doing a cyclic keto diet helps with that. However don't do a CKD if you haven't done a strict keto diet for quite a while. Otherwise, you're not really letting your body get used to living off fat.

correct, but the bad science you posted does
see

>thinks his ability to paste in a few publically available links proves that he studies health science
>studies health science yet has time to post on Jow Forums for some reason as well
Autistically scrambling for articles on google out of fear of losing an argument on a polynesian basket weaving forum does not count as 'studying health science' lad.

>meat, eggs, and dairy are on it so no
ahhhh, vegan detected. the lack of animal fat has shriveled your brain. good luck, user

I have free room and board through my contracting job, and I eat about ~$60 a day worth of meat (4000 calories).
Put on more muscle weight in a shorter time than when I was on gear and working with a good personal trainer at a lifting gym, while eating a "balanced" high calorie diet.
Feel like I want to rape the shit out of any female I see, even if she's a pig faced braphog.
Thank god I'm in the fucking desert, or I might have done something stupid with all of this energy.
Couldn't afford it stateside anyways,
My shits were so bad for the first week I did this caveman diet that I was banned from the in-dormitory bathroom and was forced at gunpoint (jokingly of course) to use porta pottys.
We're talking shits that smelled so bad that they woke people up from a deep slumber, through two closed doors, bad.
Shit is real, man. The warrior/hunter caste is supposed to eat lots of meat.

I learned about the ketogenic diet from a nice user over on Jow Forums about a year ago. Decided to take the plunge in August 2017, starting weight was about 280lbs, my ATH, was kinda depressed, always tired, exhausted, no energy. Within the first couple months I'd lost about 20lbs, couple months later 20lbs more, on and on, as of today I weigh ~175 lbs, literally 105lbs lost in 11 months and I feel fucking amazing. No loose skin or stretch marks either which is surprising, I was prepared for the worst but I basically have a body similar to when I was 21 now despite being almost 40 years old.

Also I live in Canada so take advantage of the medical services here, was going in for monthly blood tests for pretty much the entire year, my cholesterol is fine, all my nutrient levels are fine, nothing abnormal at all despite eating tons of meats, eggs, cheese, nuts, etc.

Cholesterol is basically a meme, I'm convinced that sugar and HFCS is infinitely worse than any amount of fat or high-cholesterol food. Seriously don't eat sugar, ever, and don't eat carbs. I personally don't even use artificial sweetener as to avoid developing any cravings - have tasted nothing sweet in the last year or so. Only drink water, coffee, tea, that's it.

I've recommended this eating strategy to 5 or 6 people and they've all had similarly incredible results.

My energy levels have never been higher, I seriously feel 18 again, I spring out of bed in the morning wide awake (never was a morning person before), I never get mid-day crashes, I stay alert and energetic from like 6am to 11pm every single day. Don't consume sugar or carbs ever again.

Ahh sugar is good for you and everyone knows it's fat and no exercise makes you fat not delicious sugar.
Research paid for by the sugar industries. Topkek and people ate that shit right up

>bacon
lol idiot you're supposed to eat chicken, eggs, yogurt, and steak. Why do you foodlets have to process everything?

>thinks keto is based on eating more sugar
It's heavily restrictive on any sugar. What are you on about?

there's a reason why egg companies are literally banned by the U.S government from labeling them "nutritious" or "healthy"

Sounds like me. I am "bing" awake at 6am. Right out of bed. It's insane.

I do recommend Zevia pop though. It's sweeted with Stevia. It really does keep things somewhat reasonable.

eggs are a staple source of protein around the world, and have been for millennia
what the fuck are you on about?

I'm doing intermittent fasting and that boosted my energy lives by a fuck ton and I actually started enjoying food again. I was also fighting with myself for 2 months and now finally a month passed of me not having any sugar at all. I can't even imagine how hard it must be to switch to keto. You have to give up that delicious meat and all other foods like rice, oats, corn, beans, chickpeas, almost all fruits, potatoes, tomatoes, diary products etc...

learn how to read replies, newfren

>is literally just an asshurt vegan with excuses to avoid admitting that the reason he doesn't eat eggs is because he thinks it's mean

It's surprisingly not that difficult. I dont crave carbs at all. Sure I would love to have a big bowl of spaghetti, but I wouldn't trade that for how awesome I feel day to day.

>appeal to tradition fallacy
mercyforanimals.org/heres-why-the-usda-refuses-to-label-eggs

Literal retard diet for soccer moms in the 80s. Enjoy your bad breath breath and bowel cancer faggot. You're not gonna make it.
Also,

>packed with protein and a multitiude of vitamins.
imagine actually believing eggs are unhealthy because you think cholesterol is unhealthy. wow, user

>keto
>give up meat
no, it's not an 'appeal to tradition', eggs have protein and calories and are easy to create, which is why they are a staple food
also
>mercyforanimals.org
retard alert

Attached: what.png (353x365, 39K)

>mercyforanimals.org
I think animals are delicious. So do other animals.

Ya I have considered the artificial sweeteners more and more recently. Friend of mine recently started the diet and she bakes a lot and wants to try all the keto brownie or keto peanut butter cookie type recipes and it's tempting to try them. I may eventually cave in to that, I was just being stubborn to make sure I don't derail, but I think once I hit the 12 month mark I may start with the artificial stuff. I'll keep Zevia pop in mind, thanks user

i still eat meat now and then because ethics aren't objective but im not ignorant to the damage it causes

lets just get this one out of the way for the dumb fuck commie shitlib lurking in this thread who thinks his opinion about animals matters

Attached: liberalmemes.png (1249x612, 132K)

Because it's unsustainable for the environment and expensive for the individual.

I eat beans and rice daily, spend less than $1 a day. I work 8+ hours a day, walk 10k steps a day, chill for 4+ hours a day. No coffee, no fatigue, I perform optimal work. I have under 60 heart beats per minute, 110/70 blood pressure, under 21 BMI, and overall this is the best kind of life.

There's also limitless recipes to beans and rice, you can literally add anything and it tastes great. The best part is for just $1, you can literally last a day or two on this, and it's a ridiculous feeling knowing you're eating until you're full yet spending so little.

Have you been checked for diabetes, user? I went Keto briefly and felt great, but went off it when stress mounted up and I got lazy. I started feeling like shit again. Not long after I was diagnosed as type 2 diabetic. I feel that kept made me feel so good because my blood sugar was already out of control.

but it literally doesn't cause any. sugar is the problem, 100%. learn how the body actually works

eggs were actually categorized as a "Super Food" not too long back, they have no negative health impact. I eat 3+ eggs every single day and know people who eat 5-6+ eggs per day. I've had blood tests done monthly, my cholesterol is completely normal and I'm nearing 40 years old.

If you aren't eating eggs you've got serious problems user.

LMFAO. what is your fucking energy made of? glucose you fuckin idiot hahahahah i'm done here. fruit is bad boys pack it up. take a biology or health science class sometime pal

cool, what's your bench and squat?
your dl?
> take a biology or health science class sometime pal
>posting mercyforanimals.org

RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD ALERT

I always wonder if my gf has diabetes. Girl is tired all the fucking time.

somebody post the cap of that guy going into detail about how blood sugar levels slow fuck every aspect of your body up

i posted many academic articles you obviously didn't read

Diet is something no one wmha seen able to figure out. Despite what any of you faggots say. If keto works for you, est a keto diet. If you're a faggot and want to be a vegan, then be a faggot and eat vegan. Why do people care so much? Remember when we were kids and the school Jew taught us that it was healthy to eat lots of bread products? They either want you fat and dead or no one can figure out what's good or bad.

>Pretending the scientific consensus isnt that eating cholesterol causes heart disease
>"Muh sugar"
>Keto bloggers are authorities In nutrition
LOL

>glycolysis
>not ketosis
you're not going to make it user

As someone who studies metabolic control of locomotion. you are forgetting that ketones can , and are, used as energy sources bypassing normal glucose metabolism,

learn something faggot

ketones are able to diffuse into cells faster than glucose due to size. it makes sense that you feel more energy with ketosis, though it will not be sustained for long duration, that is why most people on keto need lots of snacks.

an actual non-retard on biz

how do i long keto and short carbs? i never realized how many fatass dietary brainlets are on this board... sad.

Most of you won't make it.

Attached: 1487788462786.jpg (535x400, 129K)

As well as oils and fried foods. Use only butter and animal fats to cook.

>Christianity

Not even once.

>posted 2 minutes after youtube link.
>didn't watch the 13 minute video where a doctor tells him what cholesterol is and is not.

of course they are, but your body works a lot harder to do this. no shit fat is still energy, it is simply not optimal.

this desu senpai

This. I eat 3 eggs and 3 slices of bacon every morning. I barely feel hungry during the rest of the day.

Keto works because fat and protein aren't addictive like carbs. The more you eat then, the less cravings you get. Reducing your food intake overall improves your energy levels.

read my article posted on what "normal" cholesterol actually is. guaranteed yours is over 100, and that is a death sentence

"The rationale is ketone bodies are a more efficient fuel than glucose" ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23852511

Ya okay because I'm going to trust some tard on 4chin over my doctor and the results of the last couple years of regular blood tests... makes sense

Also while we're on the subject of meat-only diets, can we talk about how Jordan Peterson (known practitioner of meat-based diet and general screwball) claims to have stayed awake for 25 days after consuming cider, making him the holder of the world record for days gone without sleep unaided by stimulants (smashing the previous record by 14 days)?

*claps hands*

What a fucking titan

>it is simply not optimal.
wrong, 100% wrong. sugar isn't optimal.

It is beyond unhealthy unless you do it perfectly right and almost no one does it perfectly right (I guarantee you're probably not doing it right either). It's not just "haha, I just eat bacon bacon and eggs all day". You still need to eat healthy.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 78K)

>This. I eat 3 eggs and 3 slices of bacon every morning. I barely feel hungry during the rest of the day.

You can get be content with roughly 360 calories a day?

Are you a small chihuahua by any chance?

On top of that, if you really have the discipline to actually do keto right, then you should have the discipline to be on a better diet - one in which you have a balanced simple/complex carb diet mainly sourced from mineral-rich vegetables with lean meats and low amount of sugars.

Dude, literally every scientist agrees with that guy. You should rearrange your life for whatever random bullshit he's repeating this week.

So you spent $60 every day on food, and people told you that you smelled so bad they forced you to use a different bathroom, and you're saying that's a good thing?

Either you have very strong confirmation bias or your brain cells aren't functioning properly.

I spend less than $1 a day on my food, which means for $60 I can last two months on beans and rice. Also no one has said my shit smelled bad, although I have had several friends laughing at me for farting a lot and loudly.

If you have so much energy, why don't you go out for a run? Best way to spend energy.

Amazing story, although I have a similar one except I ate a lot of carbs. Try it without coffee next time.

I have no idea, it's been years since I last went to a gym, I don't have a gym subscription.

>transitions from a dog shit 0 nutrition junk food diet
>meat has some nutrients that covers up deficiencies
>that MUST mean ketard diet is good

Attached: brainlet.jpg (221x250, 8K)

If you want carbs they should all be take before bed time because they make you sleepy. I don't do full keto but I intermittent fast and I get by carbs at bedtime. In fact, if I fast and then take carbs at my first meal it fuckes me up.

science has to be PROVEN wrong by future studies, you don't just go full retard and claim that the laws of physics are outdated to whatever arbitrary time period you've set therefore it's invalid

Eat like a tiger, meat, greens and water.

That is terrible advice.

TIL tigers eat greens

>laws of physics
nice hyperbole, user. read my other posts so you have some context next time you decide to post your drivel.

You have never seen dogs and cats, predators, eat grass? How do you think they take a shit without any roughage?

+100 votes

These studies all only talk about blood/serum cholesterol, and moreover just about the effects of LDL. They don't demonstrate anything regarding eating cholesterol.

This might be a useful primer for you:
healthline.com/nutrition/dietary-cholesterol-does-not-matter

>having perfect bloodwork is unhealthy

you're an actual idiot

Health is wealth senpai. What's the point of making it if you're a skinnyfat autistic fuck