What do Brits actually think about her...

What do Brits actually think about her? One moment I hear them saying that her neoliberal policies fucked millions of people out of their jobs and that she was just a massive cunt in general. Other times I hear her being described as a huge patriot that restored Britain's dying sense of pride after they lost their status of a superpower

Attached: 4FDF8570-6202-41FA-B903-38714BE21518.png (260x340, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=95HYKW3kTaY
youtube.com/watch?v=PHQLQ1Rc_Js
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

She took a country with double-digit inflation, frequent power outages, stagnant economy, illegal strikes, threatened territorial sovereignty and fixed literally everything.

depends whether you're from the norf or sowf

this, even if some of those policies were ultimately detrimental.
But if not for her we'd be even worse off

Both. It depends on who you ask, most people today would say bad things abou her. She fucked over everyone who wasn't from southern England and the norf is still suffering from the repercussions to this day.

That being said, she reinvigorated national pride, was uncompromisingly pro-British, BTFO'd the argies and named the frog.

She's a mixed bag and to say she was either completely good or completely bad is NPC think.

Attached: ANGLOBVLL.jpg (214x324, 18K)

From my understanding. The English love her but the Scots hate her guts.

A mixed bag. Overall, pretty good. It's easy to point out the flaws in her administration - especially in her last term when she had strange ideas about "Victorian morality" and went overboard with the poll tax (even her own cabinet went against her) - but you can't overstate the dire situation that Britain faced by the late 70's (as noted), a Labour government under Michael Foot would've been absolutely disastrous; the Liberal party was dead too, and the Conservatives themselves had thinning options after Edward Heath damaged public confidence in the party. History hasn't been kind to Thatcherism, but the alternatives at the time were undoubtedly worse.

t. northerner (liverpool)

Attached: 532.jpg (384x313, 83K)

What area are you from scousebro?
Red or Blue?

t.From Huyton

Attached: DmqonpGVAAA119k.jpg (1200x607, 89K)

The problem with getting rid of nationalized industry was that she didn't have any plans for after it was gone or how to replace it.

Considering the options available to the UK at the time, I think she was the best bet.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN
AND HER...

Grew up in Walton, my house was just down the road from Goodison. Now I've moved up north to Maghull, but I don't know if i'll stick around once I graduate from uni. There's a lot of new builds and expansion going on, but the whole place feels dead Tbh

Attached: wojack everton.jpg (1010x1200, 143K)

>Blue shite
Tbh the whole country is dead. Might leave one day. Only thing that would stop me is losing the flag on /int
>inb4 vpn
I'd rather be cursed with a burger or leaf flag pay to keep the objectively best looking flag.

Attached: chosenoneobi.gif (500x247, 992K)

She murdered 96 brave scouse lads in Hillsborough.

>got cucked out of Hong Kong by China who back at that time were at an Africa HDI level and had no technology

youtube.com/watch?v=95HYKW3kTaY

>you can't just funnel money to illegal paramilitary death squads in northern ireland!!!

Attached: soyboy4.jpg (1080x1020, 72K)

What were they going to do? China could just cut off the water and electricity to HK.

She personally engineered the Hillsborough Genocide, in which 96 innocent civilians were brutally murdered by the local police.

do it again maggie

Attached: big maggie.png (790x700, 409K)

Hated in Wales too for her treatment of the miners.

youtube.com/watch?v=PHQLQ1Rc_Js

She had similar ideas to Reagan, but she had a very abrasive personality that people didn't like and I guess British culture in general is more pessimistic than American.

She was much better than Reagan desu, he was a brainlet (though at least he did surround himself with people smarter than him and listened to them).

You do realize Reagan's advisers didn't want him to make the tear down this wall speech but he said nuts to you I'm doing anyway.

Awful PM. Many of the problems we have today are due to her legacy.

Everything you just said is wrong. Inflation rose from 20% when she came in to 30% after her first government. There were no frequent power outages, the economy was growing and strikes aren't illegal. She caused the Falklands on purpose to restore her prestige by ignoring all the intelligence for weeks before the invasion. You're repeating memes.
>she reinvigorated national pride, was uncompromisingly pro-British, BTFO'd the argies and named the frog.
Meaningless soundbites.
She had no Victorian Morality. She legalised abortion because she was a fucking degenerate liberal.
>Michael Foot
>70s
Okay you're a brainlet, nevermind.

The 70s were superior to the last 10 years in every way. Productivity, GDP growth, employment, private debt etc. Yet every person repeats the myth of the horrible 70s without bothering to check if it's true.

Attached: Thatcher-Debt.png (1514x932, 188K)

>Inflation rose from 20% when she came in to 30% after her first government
Inflation rose in the beginning simply due to inertial effects, but from 1980 onward it fell drastically compared to the 70s.
>There were no frequent power outages
Yes there were.
>the economy was growing
The UK was literally known as the sick man of Europe and was lagging behind other Western European countries.
>strikes aren't illegal
The type that was happening was.
>She caused the Falklands
No, the dictatorship in Argentina asspulled it to try to save themselves as they were growing massively unpopular.

The Falkland War was two-sided. The Argentine junta wanted to save face and Thatcher conveniently also needed to. :^)

>There were no frequent power outages

Are you fucking kidding? I can remember my family having to break out candles on numerous occassions in the early 80's. I also remember rubbish not collected and the dead not being buried.

>The 70s were superior to the last 10 years in every way. Productivity, GDP growth, employment, private debt etc
Forgot the music.

can a *Nglo explain the 1980's housing act and its long term effects?
I've heard the effects are mostly negative, but I would like to hear an *Nglo perspective

That () is a different user. I can't speak on behalf of the other britbong, so i'll stick to addressing your critique of my post only.

I did not equate Michael Foot to the 1970s, I apologise if my wording caused confusion. I was alluding to the leadership options that the country faced after the 1979 general election (for which Callaghan ran as the incumbent PM, but already saw the writing on the wall after the "Winter of Discontent" and knowledge of parliamentary reports which cited a Labour majority as unlikely), he had lost the confidence of his party and the British public before the decade had closed, I wouldn't waste ink on what another Callaghan term would've looked like.

I'm unsure as to what you mean by Thatcher having "legalised abortion". The 1967 Abortion Act was a free vote and, if anyone, you should be going after the Liberal Party, as it was David Steel who introduced the Act (passed under a Labour government, nonetheless). And I suppose "she was a fucking degenerate liberal" speaks for itself.

At least you got to _vote_ on legalized abortion. We weren't allowed that much.

Were you to actually contextualize—as intellectual honesty demands—the graph, you would soon discover a long series of strikingly similar [debt-to-GDP] growth curves throughout the western world. The notion then, as implied by your graph, that Thatcher was the driving force behind the upward trend is plainly absurd. For were it so, her policies would have been influential to a degree as to not only enter into law in the United Kingdom but also in the majority of other western countries. It cannot be stated often enough: correlation does not imply causation. Thus any event pertaining to economics, even if it's of primarily domestic importance, has to be examined in the context of the global economy lest one ignore potential external factors.

based supreme court not allowing conservatards to tell people what to do

:^)

Attached: dc5.jpg (386x576, 44K)

Yeah you're right. It reminds me of the time they ruled in Plessy vs Ferguson that you can't tell a business to be racially integrated, that's taking away their rights.

Ebic memez brah.

As a European Federalist she is celebrated for being the creator and main architect of the Single Market.

>all Latin American cunts except CIA puppet controlled Chile took the side of Argentina in the war
Really makes you think.

IIRC Brazil helped both sides.

CHI

based, thinking like the american

If the United States as a whole had a referendum on abortion, abortion would be legal in the 50 states.
If you haven't noticed, most of the United States tends to vote left (7/8 presidential election had the left candidate win the popular vote)

>ruling that you can take away people's freedom is the same as ruling that you can't take away people's freedom
brainletwojack.gif

Never elect a woman into a position of power, every country that had one turned into a shithole

>If the United States as a whole had a referendum on abortion, abortion would be legal in the 50 states.
Actually I doubt a lot of states would vote yes on it if they had referendums especially in the Bible Belt.

Guns, UFOs, and abortion. The three things that should never be discussed.

Le sigh.

What he means is, if we had one big referendum including all the states, it would vote pro-choice. If you actually divide the us up by voters, something like 75% overwhelmingly vote left on most issues, but when you divide the map up by LAND, there are a lot of red states wiAre very few people in them at all. They lack cities, which are usually liberal, and are of course massively underpopulated compared to states that do have big cities. By popular vote, you would almost never have red reps or policies. This is why we have gerrymandering.

The US doesn't have national referendums because it's a federal system. Stuff like that would be voted on by a state level.

It makes sense in a theoretical way, but in a practical sense not really, people would just drive to another state to get rid of f*tusoids.

>>>/420chan/

>something like 75% overwhelmingly vote left on most issues
>my women's studies class=all of America

evil witch

They hate her because she did what had to be done, not what was popular. Think Macron, except running a country that isn't filled with people who want it to be a second Italy.

>By popular vote, you would almost never have red reps or policies.
You mean the USA would be a decent country?

>Thatcher's policies of financial deregulation that she championed as the "Big Bang" had nothing to do with a massive surge in financial lending
>IT'S JUST CORRELATION BRO
0/10

Thatcher introduced two acts in 1990. One on IVF and one on embryonic stem cell research. Both acts were designed in purpose to massively widen the instances where abortion could be used and new abortion techniques. Up until 1990, there had been a growing pro-life movement led by SPUC. Thatcher completely destroyed it because she was a degenerate liberal.
Said like a person who just quoted some crap he read in The Telegraph. Every economic measure in the 1970s was superior to the last 10 years which the Tories claim have been successful. But somehow the 70s were a failure.

lol no you can't

Thank God. What would we do with an extra 40 million nigs.

Every problem in the modern UK is directly tied to her administration

How/why is the country dead

The people's vote all but obliterated the Democrat Party on a national level in 2016.

You'd have more whites too

>No sense of national identity
>Thoughtcrime
>Political Elite
>Ugly Women
>Lack of a constitution
>Police State
>London centric government

?

Do you think that speech CAUSED the dissolution of the soviet union? I don't understand what you are suggesting here.