/smg/ - Stock Market General

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA edition
Popular brokers for stock trading:

Robinhood
>Commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

>How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

Interactive Brokers
>$0.005/share, $1 minimum. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx
money.cnn.com/data/premarket/
cnbc.com/pre-markets/

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

CNBC Live:
livenewson.com/american/cnbc-america.html
Fox Business Live:
livenewson.com/business/fox-business-network-fbn.html
Bloomberg Live:
livenewson.com/american/bloomberg-television-business.html

Basic rundown on options:
youtube.com/watch?v=TBAQtjyqNHw
youtube.com/watch?v=SuTTzfa4ePE

Previous thread:

Attached: 1516094165504.png (841x842, 927K)

Other urls found in this thread:

share.robinhood.com/brandob2546
bogleheads.org/wiki/Three-fund_portfolio#Establishing_a_three-fund_portfolio
morningstar.co.uk/uk/etf/snapshot/snapshot.aspx?id=0P0000PWAE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ty grimm

First for kneepad squatting 450 by EOY.

Based uslv

Attached: buyone.png (796x553, 284K)

Does anyone else think it's weird how HMNY is actually going to go up next Monday despite the reverse split vote? Is that from people gambling on a no vote or an attempt to pump it high enough so that a reverse split isn't necessary? Or is it just a goyim trap?

If you sign up with robinhood we both get a free stock

You don’t hate gains do you user?!

Attached: 1532016201162(3).png (1125x681, 90K)

sent ;)

fuck off david

FUCK OFF DAVID

also First for Divs being your fren

nth for RATSU

Attached: 1529877032277.jpg (2448x3264, 2.15M)

>we both get a free stock
which one are you going to pick?

Attached: kn.jpg (900x1350, 106K)

Does /smg/ dab every time they make 1 dollar?

Attached: BAC30775-B932-40DC-A995-7A65F9A4BE97.png (1902x705, 624K)

Will you be my fren?

:3

Will you be my fren?

:3Probably some shit stock like zynga like they always give me

that would require continuous dabbing

I have a ritual every time I my balance goes up by $1k. I sort of squat down with my legs wide apart and hands out and up at right angles so they look like a football goalpost. Then I rapidly shift my weight from one side to the other and yell "MONEY MONEY YOU ARE TRUE MONEY MONEY UP ARE YOU." Then I sit back down.

Is this chad or virgin, /smg/?

It's almost always Sprint or Ford stock so yes you're right.

Good 'ole HMNY

Attached: dear_diary_lost_everything.gif (320x226, 2.77M)

wait, they get to pick?

Yeah they (((randomly))) give you a stock, they lure you in by telling you that you may get a share of Apple but it never happens. It's always Sprint.

literally me on the right

>family had an intervention
>realize that im too much of a loner and it's scaring people
>realize I haven't talked to another human being except at work in over 6 years
>haven't had sex in 8 years
>Haven't hung out with people in 7
>never talked to another human being until I was 16 except school

I've created an entire world in my head. My actual skill level is low but I've created an entire world that I'm trying to get others to visit one day. Actually I take it back it's my world lol humans are shit and all need to get maimed tortured and killed lol. This is my paradise. This is the world I created. Nothing in front of me is real I create reality. I just need to break one habit and enter freedom than lifes perfect.

How do I make money?

No you don't get to pick lol. "A free share of BRK.A please!"

Ya my dude sign up

>randomly
sounds random all right

Attached: 1426087477805.jpg (239x211, 14K)

Options for web finally came out

Attached: file.png (683x923, 76K)

someone did trials and the average value of the free stock is $5

I'm not sure if I want to keep putting money into the stock market considering the signs of a looming correction

should I just sell my shares and hold cash? How can I profit off of a correction other than buying the dip?

They never say you might get a share of Apple. They say you might get a share of a stock LIKE Apple. Sprint is like Apple in some ways. Goyim need to learn how to read kike word play.

Hence Sprint

Five dollars you didn’t have before

Hahaha

I'm a brainlet and I have a little more than $100k, and a time horizon of about 20 years. I have hardly any experience in investing.

Would it be a terrible idea for me to stick all of the 100k into an S&P 500 index fund, with a low fee? How risky is this, given my 20 years?

My bank insists that this is risky and that I should go for a portfolio managed by them, but they have a fee of 1,5% and I also have to pay taxes. Their porftfolio admittedly is less risky, it has only 30% in ETFs, but I hardly think that it will beat index and I also have to pay a fee. Is S&P 500 over 20 years a very riskful endavour would you say?

Attached: Thinking_Face_Emoji.png (640x640, 111K)

GE LADS

Attached: Screenshot_20180719-125506.png (1440x2880, 192K)

fuck off David

Good luck timing the market faggot.

Fuck off David

Also Big 5 guy, if you're here, I was telling you about MGMX and it mooned from a squeeze today. Should have done it instead of doubting

short the market.

TECS shorts tech stocks, there are a few others that short the NASDAQ, DOW, etc...

Oy vey goyim, that's too risky. Give us your money and pay us to watch over it for you.

What would you buy in the current market? BAC, T, AAPL? i'm kinda at a loss what to buy right now.

wow, he's just trying to talk about stocks
stop derailing the thread with your complaining :^)

T is probably the best bet because of the lawsuit, but that also makes it risky. They are going to win the lawsuit and T will moon.

"fuck off David" is an old joke from /rhg/
A guy named David used to spam his robinhood referral link, so now whenever someone posts their link you say Fuck off David

>1.5%
do a 360 and walk out. what bank is this
look up vanguard funds if you want something cheap and not just s&p.

I go hard in the shit stock nigga
Go hard in the crack parties nigga
Selling GoPro stock for 6.6 dollars nigga
I got that sprint and zynga crack rock money nigga

Always Apple, T seems good but pending lawsuit may keep prices down until the DOJ gets laughed out of court. GE could rocket if earnings aren’t a shitshow

The lawsuit isn't going to be settled until 2019 though, that's a long time to hodl

Fuck off David

Do you live in affordable housing?

Yeah that is the feel I get, but then again I'm not really into financial markets and shit. I just want to stick them in a fund, make monthly contributions and be done with it.
Figure 20 years would be enough.

Attached: 1522506332678.jpg (915x609, 112K)

yeah banks and high yielding food stocks

If you are looking for a quick flip you shouldn't even be fucking with any of the stocks you have listed.

Put half in TVIX Corp and forget about it for 20 years. That alone will be enough to live decently until you die.

Unfortunately I am from the EU which has decided to ban every single american ETF. I've found one however that has a 0,15% fee and matches S&P 500 performance, so my plan was to go with that.

Very little risk. Invest in index funds as forget about the money. Use a broker that does drip so you can compound your divs. Your bank is a bunch of kikes

Go with IWDA, decently liquid, cheap and accumulates, traded on EAM and LSE.

Ya off this sprint stock nigga

Once TVIX returns to its original valuation he'll be a fucking billionaire, its a while to wait but will ultimately be the investment of a lifetime.

You've spent an hour trying to shill to get a 5 dollar stock. Literally less than minimum wage

Attached: 1531501301873.jpg (265x290, 17K)

Attached: 696.png (466x510, 284K)

>ban every single american ETF
this is a gross violation of human rights. and I thought gdpr and the copyright thing was bad
how restricted are you on this?

100% s&p is fine and it actually does very well against more diversified funds. but its a large exposure to stock american markets and a crash at year 19 could mess you up. I throw this guide around but it assumes the investor has access to vanguard funds, presumably you can find something equivalent in Euroland, maybe rebalance towards safer assets once a year as you get closer to 20 years
bogleheads.org/wiki/Three-fund_portfolio#Establishing_a_three-fund_portfolio
1.5% is gross, dont pay that.

Thanks for the ideas. Think i'll hold of for the moment tho. I think i'll wait for T to drop a bit lower to buy in and maybe AAPL will also dip heavily when other FAANG shit the bed.

I’m actually doing homework and studying for midterms second block while I shill this shit

It’s more for shits and gigs and the precious “yous” I get

I’m bored :/

GIS major

Why are bearfags still allowed to give investment advice?

Last call for the GE express

Attached: 1200px-General_Electric_logo.svg.png (1200x1200, 141K)

>GIS major
where do you see the share price in 5 years?

what's it like to major in General Mills? Is your midterm about cereal?

I'm bearish on bonds. You should short some bonds, and you should short the nasdaq into amazon earnings next week.

>GIS major

and I thought my major was bad

Attached: Meanwhile-In-The-Mechanical-Engineering-600x431[1].png (600x431, 440K)

You really are trying to live up to your name, aren't you?

>tfw bought DM in $13's for the big dividend

Attached: yep.jpg (1826x1795, 191K)

I'm terribly restricted. They hit them with some bullshit of "risk for hidden fees" and stuff, they made it sound like they were improving the security for all investors. What they really did, however, was ban all competition to shill their own shit funds. Unless all documentation, financial prospects, legal documents etc are translated to the official languages of your country, they are banned.

I'm from Sweden and there is no way Vanguard is going to do all of that shit for Swedish (and Sami lmao) for just a handful of investors. Now I can basically only buy very shit domestic ETFs, and they are all traded in my local currency SEK which I have no faith in. I just want to invest in the american market and in american companies. I used to put a little in a video game ETF that I found which went really well but now I can't, I can't even buy all of the individual companies because the brokers don't offer them.

I found this morningstar.co.uk/uk/etf/snapshot/snapshot.aspx?id=0P0000PWAE which my broker lets me invest in, although in SEK and not in dollars like I wanted.

Kek

Attached: 8e4ad3433370bbc68aec56421a12cd18.jpg (955x1400, 504K)

It’s really not that bad to be a cartographer

Half of my workday at my internship is flying phantom 4 drones around while I shitpost on Jow Forums

If I’m lucky I’ll get hired at 27 an hour to fly drones and shitpost and half ass scripts in python

>bought bpl instead

Attached: 1528699741771.png (900x1042, 90K)

What shit broker do you use that doesn't give you Euronext?

And really, do yourself a favour and look up IWDA or VWRL, or VUSD if you absolutely want SP500.

You don't baghold shorts, you get called then you take the express elevator to the ground floor in the tallest local building

sounds pretty comfy tbqh

Nothing's stopping him from from holding SQQQ, waiting for The Big One until the cows come home.

I will be reminding everybody that nobody buys anything from Amazon anymore, and their stock is over valued and in need of correction.

>Half of my workday at my internship is flying phantom 4 drones around while I shitpost on Jow Forums
>If I’m lucky I’ll get hired at 27 an hour to fly drones and shitpost and half ass scripts in python

sounds like heaven

Attached: 9eba54501b7ec152b1bd4926f7b06227[1].jpg (320x210, 21K)

Thank you, I'll try to see if there is a way that get that.

Looks like another ALT dump incoming...

You realize that can never happen, right?

Everyone seems to be expecting them to over perform on earnings, but their prime day was straight terrible and I can't look at their chart without thinking about it being a bubble. Taking a short position on them next week is extremely tempting, but I'm more interested in maybe figuring out how to use their possible drop into a volatility play. What would be a good options spread if I believe AMZN might drop and cause a jump in volatility but I don't want to get screwed if it doesn't?

Remember to do your ab exercises while you trade, user!
The ladies won't like you even if your rich without nice abs!

Attached: daily_abs.jpg (930x1316, 163K)

It’s really in demand considering people need maps for fucking everything

Maps of rare animal locations? Check formsweet ass jobs and natgeo

Property lines?
Trucking companies

Literally everything in any business used gay maps at some point

I could probably make a hell of a lot more money as a freelancer but ArcGis autocad Erdas software is retardedly expensive

My actual expertise is in remote sensing and watching human consequences on the planet via satellite but I can get paid the same amount to fly drones make basic maps bullshit stitch some 3D models and shitpost with you retards

It’s breddy gud

There’s like 10 jobs to every new graduate

No one gets this degree because no one knows we exist

I give it 10/10 for comfy

Everyone buys from Amazon, but their stock is horribly overvalued.

The Big One is coming soon. Debt and spending is too high, and the market is going for like a 50% correction. Buy gold.

It's just a jape fren ;)

Amazon earnings is going to be the JUSTing of the century. Everyone is going to try and short it and they are going to kill on earnings.

I dont know which ETFs are good, sorry lad. Do some digging in the ETF search to find a US stock market ETF, a non-US market ETF, and a bond ETF. Then do a blend of all three based on how risky you feel like doing.

1.5% of 100k over 20 years is $30,000

That'll teach you to buy something with a 164% payout ratio

told you guys IQ was next after the Netflix shitstorm.

Attached: 1530831167819.png (500x600, 190K)

Sorry for the typos I’m wandering around campus watching all the stressed out people with hard majors
Kekekkek I’ll take ez mode thanks

GIS degrees is like being a woman ez mode

Can you trade spreads?

Yeah alright. Thank you for your advice, I'll stick to that, didn't even cost me 30k!

Ask your mom