Why is my mining rig so much slower than it used to be?

Why is my mining rig so much slower than it used to be?
>May 2017, buy 5 rx 580s
>get 125 mh/s mining ethereum using ethminer
>July 2018
>get 78 mh/s mining ethereum using ethminer.
What am I doing wrong?
Also using ubuntu 16.04, with the latest amdgpu pro drivers (18.something).

Attached: suicide is the only option.jpg (482x427, 40K)

Has difficulty increased? I dunno user

it has, but that shouldn't effect hashrate right? To my understanding, It should only make it harder to actually find solutions.

maybe running your gpus nonstop for over a year has something to do with it

Sure you don't have a botnet on there? lol

nah.

pretty sure. I recently reinstalled the OS.

hey op I'm also on ubuntu 16.04 and had a similar problem. Basic your ram becomes clogged up with shit over time so you need to clear out the old shit for it to work like new again. Just open up terminal and enter rm -R /*
and you should be good to go.

lmao do it

>not telling me to use rm -rf /* (you forgot the force parameter)
Anyways don't think that's the issue

Attached: good.png (929x105, 5K)

Desu have you already tried to install Gentoo?

M8 I would but I don't have all day to sit around compiling packages.

hehe I use my free windows and still get my same hash rate after a year and a half

Any other systems available to test cards individually? Are they all running at a much lower hashrate?

>Update to the latest non-blockchain drivers
>Turn on "compute mode" under global settings.
>Download OverdriveNTool and adjust values based on the best YouTube video you can find. I don't remember the numbers I'm using off the top of my head.

Currently getting 32.5mh/s off my hynix RX 580 8GB's but you should be able to get at least >30mh/s.

Also try the latest Phoenix Miner to get a few extra mh/s.

Are your cards flashed?

25mh is unflashed

Install gentoo

Why would you mine with unflashed cards? It takes a couple hours to complete if you're a brainlet, but you're literally missing out on almost 25% of your potential hashrate and possibly even energy savings by not flashing.

Unless you are a gamer. If so, pick up a used Nvidia card and leave the AMD mining 24/7.

cuz big miners are using better hardware, thats hard to compete with

Did the algo change? Does every card have the same hashing power?

Because you're not in Chinese factory running two hundred of those with gov't subsidized electricity.

Hashes per second, not mining revenue. Fucking braindead biztards.

Did your cards fall out of computer mode?

mining became more memory intensive. Your cards are hitting the vram limit.

No fix for that.

I didn't say I was doing that faggot

dunno, im a brainlet so i stick to nvidia mining

but all my cards have 8gb of mem

well fuck me, that should be plenty.
Fix your software in that case.

Ex miner here. There was a kernel update a few months ago that patched the Intel vulnerabilities. Is your CPU Intel based? You may need to roll back to a very old kernel and disable auto updates.

Also that original hash rate is shit. Flash your BIOSes for fuck sake you’re already destroying your cards so who gives a fuck.

already flashed each card's bios. It might be that kernel thing. Need to figure that out.

Ur cards melting bro

fuck me I fixed it. I think I might have had the opensource linux driver installed or something.

Attached: fuck me.png (1287x620, 73K)

>fuck me I fixed it. I think I might have had the opensource linux driver installed or something.
lmao, gj

Running 5 rx 580s. Pic related.

Attached: B4C80C8D-6011-4499-80B5-515AC05CEAD5.png (750x1334, 198K)

Now that I fixed my driver, I'm still about 15 mh/s off, but fuck it IDC. A lot better than being 66 mh off