Can I make a crypto that's called Bitcoin and has the same logo and code? I mean, nobody really "owns" Bitcoin...

Can I make a crypto that's called Bitcoin and has the same logo and code? I mean, nobody really "owns" Bitcoin, it's not a company and nobody has copyright over it's logo and the code is open source. It's therefore completely legal to create a similar coin right?

Attached: 1529560497627.png (1313x1398, 841K)

Yea, it is actually completely legal. Go ahead. Thousands have done so already as personal testnets.

Like every shitcoin

No, I mean create a coin called Bitcoin with the same logo, algorithms, coin cap, etc. Nobody has legal rights over Bitcoin since it's completely open source and decentralized so in practice everyone can make a copy of it.

Go ahead, it'll be DOA since nobody will be supporting the network by mining

I'll just fake network activity, normies wouldn't know.

Is this bear a brainlette or what??

Attached: Q Q.png (612x491, 98K)

Bitcoin has heavy hitters who will switch algos to destroy your coin forcing forks. Then theyll publish news storys saying how your coin sucks.

What are they gonna say? "This Bitcoin is fake"? I'll just create more and more Bitcoins to confuse everybody. Normies will fall into my scam and won't know which Bitcoin to buy.

This, without the support of any large mining groups, your coin will get destroyed by forks and 51% attacks

Normies would buy the one that is actually listed on exchanges

robert ver and greg wright already did this

this.

>he didn't even read the fucking whitepaper

Oh no. What ever will anyone do? What an evil ruse!

just call it virgin coin, it would suit to you perfect, because you are a virgin hahaha get rekted faggot

you can try, but at this point everything called bitcoin that isn't BTC is looked on as a chink/shitcoin, and companies institutions are definitely not buying any

Go ahead it's called a hard fork. Fucking bears are retarded.

You are the first person to ever think of this.

Fuck off, Roger

Yes, Bitcoin isn't copyrighted.

You won’t get exposure..it’s very hard and expensive to get your product the needed exposure..regardless of the product.

/thread
tl;dr: your pet BTC won't be listed, kek

this lol.
The problem with decentralize is eeryone got the right to bring their smelly shit to the table.

This.

THIS IS THE FAG POLICE! OP COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP!

what if you scam via localbitcoin? Get paid in cash, give "bitcoin"

its not a problem to clone bitcoin, i think there is even a generator for that.
The Problem you gonna run intois that no exchange will list you with btc and once you send a transaction to the real blockchain, dude, just start an ico on ethereum and scam people thatway, everybody was doing this last year, this year start an ICO and name it some shit with AI anywhere in the company name and you make bank again

>51% attacks
what?