Holy fuck I overheard a job interview at a restaurant today and there were TWO fucking managers there (from a diff...

holy fuck I overheard a job interview at a restaurant today and there were TWO fucking managers there (from a diff restaurant down the street) interviewing this guy for a shitty cashier job for over a fucking HOUR. one of the managers even had their laptop out.

>"the position is $8.25/hr"
>"are there tips?"
>"there's no tip jar. but there is...potential for tips, it's a great opportunity"

how fucking insane is employment for young people

Attached: hiring-manager-interview-personal-brand-1000.jpg (1000x576, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

indeed.com/jobs?q=maintenance technician&l=
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Too many people, not enough jobs. It’s that simple.

don't worry we need a couple of million more 3rd world immigrants

at my job we all get salary at less than minimum wage, most of us work 60+ hours, myself working 70-80

in my location we get tips because there's a many years-old tradition where we bark like dogs when tipped, but in the other location the tips go in the drawer

Wat
What in the actual what?

i don't know how common this is in the corporate world but i had five one hour long interviews for a position about a year ago. i didn't get it, but thankfully i got a better position as a systems analyst instead. still, it seemed pretty preposterous. i feel like managers are just masking their incompetence with shit like this.

We are reaching peak capitalism

If you pass round one panel interview you get to take the corporate personality test

>in my location we get tips because there's a many years-old tradition where we bark like dogs when tipped

Attached: 1509938242967.png (529x487, 356K)

we really do live in a society

i for one am preparing for the criminal uprising of homicidal millenials and zoomers

I don't know man, this shit will get worse and worse as automation progresses. Initially there will be a phase(which I think we're basically almost in already) where people think they can outwork the machines. Millions will get killed by complete burnout/suicide and maybe at some point when we're at nearly 100% automation of all jobs people MIGHT wake up and realize that this forced wagecuck job meme is fucking retarded as fuck and we'll actually make some progress again as a society. Millennials are propably in the shittiest spot imagineable for this. Most of us will propably die by suicide.

Had a five hour interview for a £18,000 a year job the other day, I got free lunch so I can't complain. Also have had a three hour one for a £21,000 a year one.

t. 21 year old graduate boomer looking for my first real job

Attached: IMG_6109.png (416x376, 99K)

Hugely bloated middle management classes that have to poke their noses and overelaborate on everything to justify their jobs. I don't mind the wealthiest people in the world having what they have, it's these boomers and women in make work jobs that get to me.

I know 16 burger bucks an hour isn't great but that's what i get paid.
Work 6pm to 2 30am which is amazing hours for me.
I work front desk at a hotel / apartment (high class apartment....)

I show up in a suit, sit down on the chair and trade crypto the whole fuckin time and watch youtube.

I also rack lines in the bathroom every few hours. Ultimate comfy job imo.... 0 interview

Attached: pepe.jpg (1000x1000, 55K)

>sit down on the chair and trade crypto the whole fuckin time
so... you are basically losing money while working. That must be next level wagecucking shit there.

True story:
My first and only job interview 12 years ago for a stupid job at Best Buy (which I didn't really want), I didn't get a call back for. Instead, I got a job at some other stupid place and my teacher had a good connection with that place, so they hired me without interview, if I remember correctly. Well, fast forward a few weeks later, I was at the right place and right time to buy a website in a huge online niche that was currently blowing up. Pair that with an advertisement company which was trying to compete with Google, which I also was lucky to discover early AND was lucky enough to be accepted to their Beta program. Fast forward to the end of the school year. I was finally kicked off the program because my traffic was all 15 year olds who used MySpace. But I had already received over $200,000 in checks from them. They owed me an additional $65k, but reduced it to $50k. So over $250,000' Yes, all while having an $8/hr job in the meantime and still being in high school. But one critical piece of this story is missing that you should know. I'm the Lord's servant and I pray every day. Back to my point. My point is after all was said and done, I remember thinking back to that stupid Best Buy interview. I still think back to it actually, and I just laugh. Fuck that shit. Fuck Best Buy. Fuck job interviews. Fuck minimum wage. Fuck a lot of things. Like you for example. Fuck you.

Kek
That's doing crypto the right way
May your trades always be in the green fren

And yet we need MORE immigrants

>we bark like dogs when tipped

humans of late capitalism

Holy fuck, this can't be real

that 20 y.o. zoomer who knows literally nothing about any practical

it's ok I used to be like that too... here's what you do
-learn how to use tools, read a fuckin micrometer, caliper, multimeter, etc
-learn basic electrical shit/electronics
-maybe learn some basic welding/machine tools

now that we have practical stuff down
spec down the correct talent tree you want

i should honestly build a talent calculator for careers, that mite b cool

Attached: 1347069849896.png (524x520, 264K)

what the fuck are you on you spastic retard

indeed.com/jobs?q=maintenance technician&l=

woe is on me to get a job

Attached: 1417195938270.png (643x354, 151K)

>Most of us will propably die by suicide
why?

jesus christ user..

Attached: 8a397403caea3bb94aa35ccac6462f26.jpg (236x229, 11K)

Same here. I hate HR

You an american? You'll get tipped anyway if so.
>at my job we all get salary at less than minimum wage
Ye, that's common. (imagine running a business where 1/6th of the cost to customers is never accounted for. (1/6th if everyone tips 20%))
Your pay has to be at least minimum wage including tips.

>be a sub-100 IQ normie
>get a sub-100 IQ normie job

I don't see a problem.

>Initially there will be a phase(which I think we're basically almost in already) where people think they can outwork the machines
That already exist. It's called the entire continent of Asia

HR are the worst people in any company ever. They interview people for jobs they have no idea about and they seem to be enjoying the false power trip. If you ain't an engineer or someone who understands the job then get the fuck out of here and let someone competent interview me. I pray to God that all of these faggots get replaced by AI soon.

>in my location we get tips because there's a many years-old tradition where we bark like dogs when tipped
This...this is an American thing isn't it?

Just a bunch of dog cunts getting off on having the absolute bare minimum of power over someone.

Excellent post, particularly the part about being a man of God.

>tfw make 30 an hour out of school in engineering
>tfw surrounded by brainlets so my boss thinks I’m a literal genius
>tfw only need to do shit like half of the day and still significantly outperform everyone else
>tfw effortlessly succeed in everything
It is pretty comfy being a big fish in a small pond. I suggest you find a job like this.

>and old boomers tink I am a loser for being a NEET im 10x smarter than u retards working ur only literally only chance at life away for a jew slavemaster fuck you

Attached: 1528415399911.png (824x114, 19K)

>tfw I live in Estonia
>tfw I'll get a degree in IT and get a job asap(probably get one during uni already) paying me 2-3 more than the average wage because there's a shortage
>tfw no immigrants
>tfw I realise I live in the best country in the world
I think I already made it. Now if LINK goes to $5 EOY that'll be really fucking nice.

Attached: 1517840195494s.jpg (249x249, 8K)

skilled work demands rigorous interviews. as a senior dev I get interviews to any job I apply for, but there will be 3-5 of them and I'll be competing with candidates I know personally. rigorous interviews for shit jobs is pointless though.

90% of trading is research and risk management

lmao 8,25$ would not even wake up for this

you gotta be kidding

Attached: 1527465696663.jpg (480x480, 23K)

When I was 17 I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse for a server job. I had to take 3 different personality tests, interview with the assistant manager and head manager. Took like 3-4 hours total for something that paid like $5-6/hr. At the end they offered me a job and I actually told them to go fuck themselves and left. It aggravated me.

hello gentlemen, might i recommend if possible starting your own business? its hard but if you do it right worth it and you dont have to lick your boss' anus 5 days a week

ahh, the land of the free. nice job market you got there pal!

im 24 year old zoomer and i recently landed my first real job. had a 20 minute phone interview and a 3h interview at the company with hr and a partner. ez pz.

When i went for the interview for my current job (paying 17 freedom bucks an hour) the ad said it was “15-22 an hour” I knew and everyone I spoke to knew I was overqualified for the job during the two hour interview my boss essentially told me himself.
He asked me how much an hour I wanted, I said 20 an hour but negotiable (while his ad said up to 22) and he said “the job pays $17.” Couldn’t budge it an inch. I asked why it pays 17 when the ad said up to 22 and he admitted “We put that on there to get a better pool of potential employees”. Fucking go figure they want the best but wanna pay minimum wage for it. It’s not even in my trade either and some of the people are just complete fucktards but that’s everywhere ya go anyway. Only took the job because I’ve been unemployed for over a year and need to pay debt and it’s close to home.

supply and demand user, he really did nothing wrong. learn new skills of you want more money.

>boss told me to go fuck myself
>b-but I took the job anyway
>but I'm NOT a cuck
Delusional.

>Aktuchulley
In many places it is quite the opposite. All the good people are taken. One hour spent over lunch saves you from hours of drama down the road.

this is america right?

i know its really, really bad here in australia. journalists should be hung by street lights for brushing this shit under the carpet.

living the life

Attached: image.jpg (349x356, 123K)

There's literally no reason to even be interviewing people for an entry-level position that requires no training. Just hire on a first-come first-serve basis.

So insane that I've been fired over 6 times, lost count of it actually.

>work my ass off all day
>get one 30 minute break a day
>30 year old boomer in the same job as me and getting paid the exact same as me gets a 30 minute break plus four 15 minute breaks every day because he smokes

Attached: 96f.png (396x400, 26K)

Mate im 26 still earning 14k in a supervisor role.

vape water or something?

sweatshop chinks suicide en mass, it's only a matter of time until we're in the same boat

I’m not saying he did anything wrong, I’m just annoyed he advertised x and wants the benefits of x without giving x.
I’m not saying I am or am not a cuck, I’ll probably btfo and start my own business shortly after getting out of debt.

What kind of job? Do finance positions pay well at all there?

Or get a sales job...I never, ever see sales being shilled on Jow Forums but:
1.) it's easy to get a job because if you work for commission your company only pays you money if you make money for them.
2.) create your own schedule
3.) easier than starting a business because you have guidance and advice through your company
4.) amount of money you make directly correlates to effort
Only thing is you need to have some people skills, and motivation to start...but don't you for every job worth having?

Attached: 1531265670913.jpg (1019x1200, 373K)

BBBRRRRAPPP

>MFW then last two interviews I had went like this because they were so short staffed-

>Hiring manager: The job entails XXXX, The Pay is XXXX, Do you want the job?
>Me: Yes.
>Hiring manager: You're hired.

Attached: 1517449417969.gif (470x200, 3.73M)

Sales is never being shilled on biz because for sales you actually need at least some minimal social skills...

it's also soul sucking bullshit

would have been more jobs if jealous decadent caucasoids hadn't of destroyed Black Wallstreet in Tulsa OKC. We had the majority of American wealth at that time.

Kys neaderthals before I do it for you

What job/industry? Also just graduated in engineering and looking for a job.

Hiring for high demand positions means not wasting the applicant's fucking time unless you never ever want the position filled.

We're in a bubble, they'll get purged first.

This has more to do about not many jobs and too many people.

Why do you think they bring 2 managers and waste 1 fucking hour ? So they can pretend they're busy and don't get fired.

With technology society got more and more productive, of course a bit is spent on feeding niggers and healing morbidly obese people, but most of the surplus went to useless bullshit jobs.

>they'll get purged first.
I can't wait for this to happen. They are the most useless fucks ever. When the company is not looking for a job what exactly do they do? They add zero value and they are mostly hired through connections.
Fucking pieces of shits, I hate them so fucking much.

Middle management has to make itself seem relevant somehow.
They do this with the hiring and hr circus since their other duties take like 1 hour a day.

This is absolutely false
Fake news
Die

Don't be racist. You love burriots, right? No mexicans no burritos.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Business owner here: I fucking hate hiring people, every time I get some unreliable cunt, its rediculous. $14/hr training pay/$15/hr starting, for a fucking easy 9-4 job, yet there is always some fucking ghetto drama going on with their personal lives that ends up fucking them up for work (heroin addiction, videogame/internet addiction, relationship drama, getting pulled over for not keeping their car inspected, going to prison for parole violation, fucking everything).

Look, I want to hire people, but I have to work side by side with these degenerates. It's gotten to the point that I would rather take out massive (((loans))) to finance expensive equipment and put in few more hours a week myself instead.

All the UBI advocates that expect me to pay for them being a useless meatbag can suck my cock. The instant Ubi becomes reality, me andy operation are noping the fuck out.

>T. 30yo boomer

>The instant Ubi becomes reality, me andy operation are noping the fuck out.

Nah, you won't. People like you would never be satisfied with just living on UBI so stfu.

>being this naive
Why would they give a shit about an applicants time. I would assume you also think Realestate agents want to sell your home for the most possible money.

Maybe noone wants your shit tier job making shit tier wages.

Underrated post

The real question is why haven't you killed yourself yet? Barking.. like.. a dog. When I waited tables I would hide when someone wanted happy birthday singers. JFC

EE in Aerospace industry

I'm the Lord's servant and I pray every day.

>Maybe nobody wants an indoor $32k/year starting with paid holidays and benefits for a job that only requires a high school diploma,that's easy and doesn't require any nightshift work.

Horseshit, this is exactly the type of job every loser complains they can't get. From my viewpoint, our biggest problem isn't lack of jobs, it's lack of people who aren't narcissistic cunts with zero interest in self improvement, all they want is that next dopamine rush, fuck the consequences to themselves and everyone else around them.

Totally agree, every time I saw the HR folks they were goofing off and talking. I really can't estimate how productive they really are. Also agree they know nothing about jobs they are hiring for (engineer) and they are the first filter.

>$32k/year starting
>good

What part of the country are you at? If you live in a large metropolitan area, you're not going to get any quality candidates at this price. You'd be better off upping the salary requirements and going after recent high school graduates.

>it's lack of people who aren't narcissistic cunts
>Look, I want to hire people, but I have to work side by side with these degenerates.
You get what you pay for, you fucking retard

Job interview. They tell me they only want me partrime. Everyday from 12-5. Cunts. How is that partrime if they want me everyday during the prime time hours

Am I suppose to get another job that only wants me from 8-11.

Nice

LoL yeah sales is a grind.

they mean they want the benefits of a full time employee without actually paying for one

seconded. I'm a developer and there is nothing I hate more than HR. Always women, always massive fucking cunts. Always completely clueless as to who is doing a good job and not. Why the fuck do they get a say in so much? Fuck I hate these useless, spineless shitty people so much why do they even exist. Quit working at IBM just because of retarded HR women and swore to never work for a company big enough to have HR ever again.

What are some negative experiences with hr.

Exactly.

>prime time hours
what do you mean

Can this job be done remotely?

When they run my background check haha

In most consulting / contracting roles, you get better money and almost never have to deal with HR (hired by senior developers and architect types who know their shit)

Feels bad.

I had a comfy job in the shipping/procurement industry making that but I left because it's not too smart from a career perspective to stay in a shit job.

ID might be different because dumb phoneposter.

how difficult is the schooling honestly?? like how wrinkly of a brain do I need to get through the physics and calc

>physics and calc
not even the hard part of engineering. you dont go that deep into physics and calc is all work, no deep critical thinking required.
you dont need significant smarts for engineering courses. you need top tier organization and work ethic.
an engineering job is completely different though. you’ll need good communication skills and some creativity. else you’ll just be a glorified technician.

Remove welfare, reduce minimum wages to $3/hr.
Problem solved.